Old 03-28-2013, 05:54 AM   #421
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

Default Re: ITG/DDR Scores

I find Slam to be the same difficulty (if not a little harder lol) as Sounds of Life honestly, just that Slam has less breaks more continuous stream compared to Sounds of Life, which has broken stream as breaks. Your stamina is getting kinda ridiculous, sick pass. Try scoring on the lower Pendulum 15s though, I'm curious on what you'd get o_O

Last edited by EzExZeRo7497; 03-28-2013 at 06:00 AM..
EzExZeRo7497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:06 AM   #422
FrozenAngel91
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to FrozenAngel91

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzExZeRo7497 View Post
I find Slam to be the same difficulty (if not a little harder lol) as Sounds of Life honestly, just that Slam has less breaks more continuous stream compared to Sounds of Life, which has broken stream as breaks. Your stamina is getting kinda ridiculous, sick pass. Try scoring on the lower Pendulum 15s though, I'm curious on what you'd get o_O
Seth thought Slam seemed easier, so that's kinda what I'm going on, I haven't actually tried it yet. I suppose I should though, at least so I know for my self.

Sorry scoring on 15's is not something I'm great at yet, I have to sorta let a lot of misses go to keep up the stamina >.< I did try Plasticworld actually and I got an awful score, like 78% or something, so I kinda didn't even get a picture of that one. Maybe I can do better than I think though I'll give that and The Fountain another shot next time I go, hopefully I'll have something to post .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findarian
get a sand hack and don't chicken scratch it and if someone does something stupid hack burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannytwobyfore
I wouldn't blame them, playing jump dense Konami files in DDR would make anyone's dick hard, maybe that's why the only thing anyone does anymore is stream.
FrozenAngel91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:16 AM   #423
EtienneSM
FFR Player
D8 Godly Keysmasher

Send a message via Skype™ to EtienneSM

Holy shit, man, congrats on another 15 pass! Tring song to get it on as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KgZ View Post
enjoy having every guy ask if they can get some love on their weiner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I also like the nps scale. The standard ITG scale for harder files is blown out of proportion and no longer makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
nps is still a better idea for ratings
Quote:
Originally Posted by klimtkiller View Post
there is 1 tip for people going to college. When you're in college, you'll be 16, which is the age where (where i live) you can get laid lawfully. basically, get laid asap when they look the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapta View Post
My logic is that the brain processes in 60 FPS so I play 60 FPS.
EtienneSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:36 AM   #424
EzExZeRo7497
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenAngel91 View Post
Seth thought Slam seemed easier, so that's kinda what I'm going on, I haven't actually tried it yet. I suppose I should though, at least so I know for my self.

Sorry scoring on 15's is not something I'm great at yet, I have to sorta let a lot of misses go to keep up the stamina >.< I did try Plasticworld actually and I got an awful score, like 78% or something, so I kinda didn't even get a picture of that one. Maybe I can do better than I think though I'll give that and The Fountain another shot next time I go, hopefully I'll have something to post .
Yeah, I understand where Seth is coming from. Slam's streams don't go longer than 16 measures, I think? But there's 10 of those streams from what I recall. I don't know though, haven't played ITG in a long time, my stamina's probably gone and I'm slow as beyond fuck now. :/

Anyways, I think the fact that you're going for something that you can't FA too well/have to get some misses to keep up stamina is a good thing, your stamina improves a lot more that way. What can you get on something like say, Axle Grinder? Patterns are pretty hard from what I remember, but it's the shortest Pendulum 15 (I think it's around 3 and a half minutes?)
4200th post

EDIT: Forgot to say that I don't think Slam is a 16 btw, I think it's a high 15 (or mid-high, at least)

Last edited by EzExZeRo7497; 03-28-2013 at 08:34 AM..
EzExZeRo7497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #425
MinTS2
FFR Player

Matt thinks Slam is a 14. Slam feels like an mid 15 to me imo. Might be harder but definitely nowhere near 16.

Also, Cold Breath CV is easier than Moonearth :O I always thought it was harder.

Last edited by MinTS2; 03-28-2013 at 08:36 AM..
MinTS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:58 AM   #426
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Matt's opinion on Pendulum 16's is retarded.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #427
Mad Matt
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX View Post
Matt's opinion on Pendulum 16's is retarded.
There are no Pendulum 16s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtienneSM View Post
Alright, since Mad Matt never decided to answer anybody, does anyone know when Tachyon Eplison will be released?
Noone knows because I rarely tell anything to anyone.

It'll probably be another 2 months. I've spent most of the past year working on my Super Meat Boy theme and until that is done(3-6 weeks, depending on how much more stuff I decide to add), I won't be working too seriously on Epsilon.

Epsilon is about half done but some of it needs to change. I've recently gotten very tired of long streams that face the same direction for a measure at a time. It was a nice way to get into longer streams but it was supposed to be a temporary thing and it just kind of stuck around forever.

Epsilon is going to have a lot of charts with multiple difficulties. All of them will be harder charts, just different levels of hard. The 8th Era, for example: The chart I've shown in videos for that used to be the only chart, as the Expert chart. I was planning to make a CV with more run. Instead, that expert chart is going to be the Easy chart. The Medium will be the same amount of stream with harder patterns, the Hard chart will be more stream with easy patterns, and the Expert chart will have more stream and harder patterns. It just doesn't make sense to make a CV chart for the same cut of a song that isn't even released yet when I could just include it with the "normal" chart.

Speaking of CV, that's been going slow for the same reason, Theming has been taking priority. Also, because the vast majority of my new CV charts have been resteps of the same cuts of Tachyon charts, I will probably separate them all into some tachyon resteps pack, and leave CV for different cuts or songs that don't fit Tachyon packs.

Goals:
April: Meatboy theme + Tactics theme v2
May: Tachyon Epsilon
June: Either CV or a pack of Tachyon Resteps
July: Bearpocalypse theme

How can I expect to get so much finished in the next 4 months when I spent almost a year working on a single theme? The Meatboy theme is staggeringly complicated, all of that other stuff will be trivial by comparison.
Mad Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:31 PM   #428
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur

Holy shit did Mad Matt really post on FFR haha.

Well if that's the case, you really dont find something like Another planet to be a 16? It has way more stream and length than Superluminal and it's only 6 bpm shorter. I just dont see how Im on the cusp of passing 15's yet I feel like it'll be months before I can even start touching Another Planet/Voyager/ Still Gay
Old 03-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #429
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

I would like to see so much the release of bearpocalypse theme! Thanks for showing up here on ffr, haha.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:34 PM   #430
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur

Obligatory "Madmatt thread"
Old 03-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #431
MinTS2
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Matt View Post
Goals:
April: Meatboy theme + Tactics theme v2
May: Tachyon Epsilon
June: Either CV or a pack of Tachyon Resteps
July: Bearpocalypse theme

How can I expect to get so much finished in the next 4 months when I spent almost a year working on a single theme? The Meatboy theme is staggeringly complicated, all of that other stuff will be trivial by comparison.
TBH I don't think people really appreciate all the work you're putting in to improve the ITG community. Making a completely new theme takes hell a lot of time and the fact that you're working on 3 different themes blows my mind. Keep it up dude and take your time with those projects.

EDIT: omg Bearpocalypse theme? I'm actually really interested in this. Mind posting a little description on r21Freak of how it's going to look like?

Last edited by MinTS2; 03-28-2013 at 02:59 PM..
Old 03-28-2013, 03:50 PM   #432
FrozenAngel91
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to FrozenAngel91

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzExZeRo7497 View Post
Yeah, I understand where Seth is coming from. Slam's streams don't go longer than 16 measures, I think? But there's 10 of those streams from what I recall. I don't know though, haven't played ITG in a long time, my stamina's probably gone and I'm slow as beyond fuck now. :/

Anyways, I think the fact that you're going for something that you can't FA too well/have to get some misses to keep up stamina is a good thing, your stamina improves a lot more that way. What can you get on something like say, Axle Grinder? Patterns are pretty hard from what I remember, but it's the shortest Pendulum 15 (I think it's around 3 and a half minutes?)
4200th post

EDIT: Forgot to say that I don't think Slam is a 16 btw, I think it's a high 15 (or mid-high, at least)

Ah that makes more sense, okay, them both being 15's seems right to me. Then again I haven't even tried for 16's yet, other than foot speed ones, so I wouldn't quite know.

And I don't know, I've never done that one before Ez, I'll give it a shot along with the other 2. Though fair warning bad patterns destroy me, I can't candle for the life of me. Hold your color absolutely killed me.

Also what mad matt posted? Haha cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findarian
get a sand hack and don't chicken scratch it and if someone does something stupid hack burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannytwobyfore
I wouldn't blame them, playing jump dense Konami files in DDR would make anyone's dick hard, maybe that's why the only thing anyone does anymore is stream.
FrozenAngel91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:05 PM   #433
Mad Matt
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinTS2 View Post
Making a completely new theme takes hell a lot of time and the fact that you're working on 3 different themes blows my mind.
I've been mainly working on only 2 themes, Meatboy and Simply Love. Tactics is just getting some minor upgrades with all the new cool stuff I've figured out like multi-line speed mods, automatic adjusting of speed mods to compensate for rate mods, etc. I haven't even started the Bearpocalypse theme. I spent a week or so playing around with some conceptual stuff back in January and realized I now know so much about SM that making a normal theme(i.e. not convoluted like Meatboy, which has 59 different evaluation screens) would be much much faster.

The main point of having a BP3 theme is to make score tracking easier. The tournament is using its own weighted scoring system, and it will be a lot simpler for everyone if there was a theme that could calculate and track everything for you, so you don't have to do math in your head while playing. Of course we'll make sure it looks cool too but it'll probably be on the "lighter" side, meaning no edit mode, no marathon mode, etc. That stuff could be added later, but its not needed for the tournament and thus isn't going to be worth the time before hand.
Mad Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #434
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

The owner of half of arcades here in Italy actually requested if there was a new custom theme available, wonder if one of the themes you're making will do the trick? He probably wouldn't have problems to pay for a new kick ass theme for italian ITG machines.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #435
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX View Post
Obligatory "Madmatt thread"
Yup.

Last edited by igotrhythm; 03-28-2013 at 05:21 PM..
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:25 PM   #436
MinTS2
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Matt View Post
I've been mainly working on only 2 themes, Meatboy and Simply Love.

Siickkk. I didn't know you also worked on Simply Love.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:23 PM   #437
MinTS2
FFR Player

Question to people here. Has anyone here ever seen a score from Andre Devecseri?
Old 03-29-2013, 01:35 PM   #438
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Who is that person even
Old 03-29-2013, 03:39 PM   #439
MinTS2
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollocephalus View Post
Who is that person even
Well it's not that hard to know him if you're active on youtube. He used to claim all these ridiculous scores on people's videos.

Here's a famous quote by him.

"...there are other inofficial players out there who are far better than me. I met one such guy and there's not ONE song he hasn't 99:d at the very least, and he's quadded basically all 18 and under. This is far beyond my level."
Old 03-29-2013, 06:22 PM   #440
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Lmao yeah totally going to believe that