Old 01-13-2005, 07:21 AM   #61
stretchypanda
shock me shock me
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to stretchypanda

:/ If Infiltration didn't start until the end of January, I could totally be all up ins, and then Blahblah would stop bugging me to play.

By the way, I like Guido a lot more than I like Tasselfoot (well, obviously), but if I caught him cheating, his ass would be pwned. Loyalty to cheaters only makes more people guilty of ruining the game.
Old 01-13-2005, 07:34 AM   #62
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

There doesn't need to be any more discussion about what I did, nor any more voting, because I will not participate in the next two games.

I was taking this game way to seroiusly, and I thank Chardish for making me see that.

I have the SAT's in a week and a half, and I'm going to be helping chardish with Infiltration, so i'm not going to be playing in the next two games.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:53 AM   #63
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

what Guido said is perfectly fine with me. Does everyone want me to start up a quick game of manhunt? (it'll be a max of 4 ingame days).

This would also work so that LD and I would be back the same game. (He sits out my manhunt, we both sit out the next TWG after... something like that).
Old 01-13-2005, 09:07 AM   #64
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

Tass, you know I've wanted to play your manhunt for ages.

I say Manhunt be run in this forum, but not be called TWG 9. Therefore, I would be able to play.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:28 AM   #65
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

um.... i'm just calling my variant of TWG Manhunt. few reasons... 1. Its all vs one 2. It sounds cool 3. It seperates it from other variants. Like, Cypher's variant is the 3-way, which is also a catchy name.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:22 AM   #66
User6773

Manhunt will count as TWG IX though if you get the nomination, right? Cause the game isn't fundamentally different from TWG.

I wouldn't mind starting Infiltration next. I think it's time for Squeek to start the signups, as far as I know it's between Tass and myself right now. Me for Infiltration, Tass for TWG IX: Manhunt.

I think we need a separate host vote on this one, since I want direct control over who plays and who doesn't in Infiltration. Tass, if you don't object, I want to start Infiltration signups soon so I can get a list of players, even if we don't play it right away.

Old 01-13-2005, 10:29 AM   #67
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

well I thought the idea was that this manhunt was kinda simplistic enguoh that we could run both concurrently.

Old 01-13-2005, 11:45 AM   #68
Charlotte21
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Charlotte21 Send a message via MSN to Charlotte21

EDIT: Deleted for coherency.

My Favorite Poster(s) Recently: T0rajir0u, rai
Old 01-13-2005, 11:53 AM   #69
roopert
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to roopert

Well, it sucked that I was wolfed on day 1, but I guess I will take it as a semi-compliment. I would have been even more upset if I had special human role.

Since LD has already agreed to stay out of the next to games, there is no reason for me to vote.

Also, by the start of the next game, I PROMISE to have an avatar since many of you seem to have a little problem as it is now.

Humans, awesome job overall. You had some awesome logic, too bad that whole cheating thing had to spoil the game a little bit.

And Chardish, how many players will Infiltration be able to accomdate?
Old 01-13-2005, 12:18 PM   #70
User6773

16 players. I'm going to start with 3 agents, and work on balance from there. Since there's no required killing at any time, and the number of humans it takes to win the game is fixed, I don't have to worry about odd/even numbers.

Old 01-13-2005, 12:18 PM   #71
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Charlotte.... LD has already agreed to his punishment. He didn't SS a PM... read his psots in this read to see exactly what he did. Your thread in this forum was of high quality, and this post of yours is intelligent... but your a day late, and because of that, it makes you come off as not having read the thread... which isn't that bad by itself, but you decided to comment on something (incorrectly) in which you hadn't read the evidence for.

If you did read the thread before posting.... then i'm at a loss as to how you could have gotten to the conclusion you did based on the facts that were given. It puts a little bit of doubt into my mind about you as a player... and i am now glad you signed up for jTWG2.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:24 PM   #72
Charlotte21
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasselfoot
If you did read the thread before posting.... then i'm at a loss as to how you could have gotten to the conclusion you did based on the facts that were given. It puts a little bit of doubt into my mind about you as a player... and i am now glad you signed up for jTWG2.
Sorry, it was a couple minutes before my last class ended and I was going through topic review but didn't get all the way through it

Nonetheless you are correct that my post shows lack of intellegence. My post was entered because I had no more time to review and keep adding info (which I normally do while I post. I'm proned to four-or-five edits on any given post)

And since there isn't a "Make draft" button I basically just entered it and hurried to catch my bus. Thus, consequently, I am now at a lower seen stature than I was, so I'm deleting it and completing my viewing of the topic. I must say I probably wouldn't have said a thing but I am adamantly against cheating: now to continue reading this thread.

EDIT: (and edited again..)

And after completing my review of the thread I have two insights:

1. The rules are not to be taken as EXACT LAW, where anything not covered in them is immediately legal. It is a rough guideline to basically show you their intent. A good notion is to look at a rule, and wonder "Why is it a rule?", then if you find a loophole, find out if it breaks the reason why rule-whatever is a rule, rather than if it breaks rule-whatever.

A good model of this is something like "Don't flame other users."

So you read the rule and decide, "Well they didn't say that you couldn't flame moderators or admins."

That's just taking what the rule is for an exact law, and by doing this you are assuming that the maker of the law had the intent to do to that. These are forums, rule-makers are no more perfect than you, so just think for a second as to "Why is that a rule?" and then you take the reason why it is a rule as the rule, rather than the rule itself. What is this called? Common sense.

Secondly, the point of a punishment is to make a person realize what they did wrong and make sure they will never do it again. Therefore upon taking note of this, even though my vote isn't valid, I think giving LD some leniency would be nothing short of fair.

After reading through his plies, and reading through things, I think LD shows a higher understanding and respect for the rules, and since he got kicked out midgame of something he obviously was very adamantly and avidly into, that is a severe punishment for him, and must have caused him to do some recollection of his thoughts and certainly know well enough not to want to be kicked out midgame again, or ever have the plausiblity of being banned from a game again. He's incredibly intelligent so I would expect no less than this to be part of his mental conclusion, and therefore (if I were allowed to vote) I would say: Zero Games, even though he has already said he is not going to play for a couple games, that should be his own choice, considering his remorse.

<3 Charlotte

Old 01-13-2005, 12:34 PM   #73
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

ok. see... that makes everything much cleared. i'm glad you cleared that up for me. lets see what your critique can really be like given a longer time frame.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:45 PM   #74
Charlotte21
FFR Player

Quote:
ok. see... that makes everything much cleared. i'm glad you cleared that up for me. lets see what your critique can really be like given a longer time frame.
Not much longer time frame, but I edited the post...

Old 01-13-2005, 12:57 PM   #75
Lupin_the_3rd
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lupin_the_3rd

There should be two specified times to sign up...I don't think I'll be able to join the next game because of a jazz performance (again...wtf)
Old 01-13-2005, 01:05 PM   #76
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Charlotte... your last paragraph completely killed your post. like, the wings fell off of your plane and you came crashing down into a fiery oblivion.

If only this were that simple, I wouldn't be on a banning either. But it is the punishment for the deed that forces us to reconsider our actions. I truly feel that LD needs the 2 game ban to help him get back into TWG, and get his mindset onto the correct aspects of the game.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:07 PM   #77
User6773

Dropping Infiltration to 15 players due to balance issues.

Old 01-13-2005, 01:10 PM   #78
Charlotte21
FFR Player

Quote:
Charlotte... your last paragraph completely killed your post. like, the wings fell off of your plane and you came crashing down into a fiery oblivion.

If only this were that simple, I wouldn't be on a banning either. But it is the punishment for the deed that forces us to reconsider our actions. I truly feel that LD needs the 2 game ban to help him get back into TWG, and get his mindset onto the correct aspects of the game.
But that just boils down to matter of opinion vs. matter of opinion, and this is all that it can be classified as, but I think we need to remember that I cannot make any good conclusions on the matter because I have not been in a TWG and not felt the pressures that you have felt, and been tempted to do the things you may have been tempted to do. Therefore, I would make the assumption of your opinion to be much more educated than mine, and by default, even though I don't agree with it completely, I would go with yours. Or rather, go with the general consensus. Which is what is usually the decision, and because of the fact that it is the general consensus that is used to make the decision, I can make a judgement, even if wrong, at what is the top of my own personal reason, without directly affecting the right outcome.

Actually, if well thought out and wrong, it's better because it gets people thinking. Though at this point I would expect to have a weight of more wrong opinions than right. Though your post implies that you expected higher from me, and that is a nice compliment. Thanks, it makes me feel more comfortable with my new status here

<3 Charlotte.

Old 01-13-2005, 02:14 PM   #79
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

I expect the best from everyone who posts here and in CT. I'm often let down. Sometimes by myself.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:32 PM   #80
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

soemtimes?
by theway... wil someone awesome be updating the banners soon? I need that second pip *sigh* I suck.. 2 pips

Closed Thread