Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 05:16 PM   #1
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot
Default TWG IX - Manhunt - End of Day 2 - Game Over

*Sounds from the engines of the plane make it difficult for everyone to hear the man talking. The group is in what appears to be a military aircraft. There are no seats, just 14 people sitting in the hull of the plane, listening intently to the speech.*

“Thank you again, all of you, for partaking in this epic adventure. You have all signed up for an extreme 4 day expedition through the wilderness. We are currently traveling south to the Amazon jungle, where you will parachute out of the plane. Once safely on the ground, well… the trip is up to you. After 96 hours are up, turn on your tracking beacons so that we may locate you and extract you.”

“Please double check that all of your supplies are in your possession and safely secured.”

*He puts his hand up to his ear. An earpiece can be seen.*

“We’re 5 minutes out, folks. Let me give all of you the final piece of information regarding this voyage. 13 of you signed up for this Amazon Adventure. The 14th is an employee of our company, an ex-Delta Force Lieutenant whose codename is Mirage. He has been given instructions to kill two of you each night that you are in the jungle.”

*Shouts of horror and outrage fill the hull.*

“What the hell is the meaning of this?!” screams Gamma.

“How dare you set us up!” exclaims Zeta.

“You can’t get away with this!” yells Sigma.

“I’m pretty sure that I am getting away with this. At this point, none of you have any say in the matter. Fine print is a bitch, isn’t it? I digress. On to the good news for all of you. Should any of you survive all four days, or somehow manage to kill our fine Delta, you will be brought back to headquarters, given $250,000, and offered a position within our company. I believe this is your stop, everyone. Good luck!”

*He quickly exits through a door leading to the cockpit. The sound of a strong lock is distinctly heard. The back of the plane beings to open, and the cockpit wall begins to slowly move towards the group to force them all out of the plane.*

NOTES:

All of you will be given codenames, which I hope will be used throughout the game. It makes the scenario more realistic. Assuming that the person with codename Delta is the hunted is foolish. As always, no information will be given out by me or through my stories.

Again, no PMs will be sent out. Mirage has already been contacted and knows who he/she/it is.

Turning on one’s beacon before 96 hours is up will immediately notify Mirage of your location (For the purpose of the story. So don’t try to use that as a way to win.)

PLAYERS:

Alainbryden - Alpha
Blahblah18 - Beta
Chardish - Gamma
Charlotte21 - Delta
Evilbutterfly - Epsilon
GuidoHunter - Zeta
HansSky - Iota
Kefit - Kappa
Kilgamayan - Lambda
Nforcer06164 – Mu
Roopert - Omicron
The_Q – Pi
Tps222 - Rho
Tsuteto - Sigma

Afro signed up, but it was eb who signed up for him. I realized this gave them an unfair edge over everyone else, so I booted Afro from the game. Guido takes his spot.

Waiting on Mirage's choices on who to kill. It is now Night 1.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:10 PM   #2
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot
Default RE: TWG IX, Manhunt - Pre-Game

*Parachutes rain down into the jungle, with the majority of the hunted coming together in a close LZ*

*30 minutes pass while waiting for the entire group to come together to form a plan of action.*

Alpha decides to take charge, counting up how many of them there are. He sees that two are missing. “Guys, we’re missing two from our group. Does anyone know which two?"

Zeta calls out, "I'm pretty sure that Gamma and Epsilon aren’t here. Where could they have gone?”

Lambda nods in agreement, "It’s definitely Gamma and Epsilon."

"Well, we should go looking for them, right?" asks Iota.

Beta looks around, then sighs. "I guess we should split up into four groups of three each, and then meet back here at--*checks his watch, it reads 2230*--0100 to figure out what went wrong, how we got into this mess, and how we can get back alive."

"OK," agrees Alpha.

The teams split up and head off for two and a half hours. By 0100, all four teams are back.

"We came up blank," says Delta of herself, Mu, and Kappa.

"So did we," says Alpha of himself, Zeta, and Rho.

"There is something very interesting about 2.5 klicks to the west. We found a DB hanging from a tree. At first we thought that he just got caught in the tree, but looking closer, we noticed signs of foul play. It has to be the work of Mirage." states Iota of himself, Beta, and Pi.

"F*ckin' A. We found one too, about 2 klicks north of here. Same story. That Mirage has got to be a world class runner with amazing endurance to pull that off and still fit in with all of us. I'm not liking that information at all." proclaims Sigma of himself, Omicron, and Lambda.

"OK. So Gamma and Epsilon are dead. Do we have ANY idea which one of us is Mirage?" asks Zeta.

"I don't think any of us saw a goddamn thing. What I did think of though, is that we should kill off one person each day by popular vote, as our sole means of eliminating Mirage," theorizes Pi.

The rest all nod or grunt agreement.

"Good, then it’s settled. Let’s all get some rest, and meet back here at 0600 to start the day’s activities," says Rho.

"Shouldn't we post a guard or something?" asks Delta.

"For what purpose? Mirage already killed his two for today. Just get some rest. We'll all need it." declares Omicron.

And with that, everyone goes off to sleep.

IT IS NOW 0600 GAME TIME... you have until 8:00pm EST on Sunday to decide who to lynch. Insta is at 7 votes. Remember people... BE ACTIVE.

Also, I hope that all of you continue using the plot during the days. I may or may not contribute to furthering the plot during the daytime. I haven't decided yet.

Good Luck! IM me if you have any questions.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:13 PM   #3
User6773

Am I dead?

*looks at chart*

Yes. Predictable. Well, back to working on Infiltration...see you all then.

Old 01-13-2005, 06:19 PM   #4
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

I'll take this to mean I'm awesome enough to deserve a Night 1 kill. Thanks for the compliment, you bastard.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 01-13-2005, 06:27 PM   #5
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Well, I have an idea for targetting the wolf. I was thinking if I was a wolf, I might pull some confusion thing like AIM someone after the pre-game with something like "Have you gotten your pm yet? because I haven't," effectively telling the person that you were confused because you thought everyone got a pm, and seemingly unintentionally telling the person that you haden't gotten a pm, and thus were human. If anyone tried to pull this on you as the game started up, then bring their name forward and we have a wolf. This is just a thought, chances are no one used this strategy. I wouldn't have used it in the end because it would be so obvious, as a dedicated player, that I would have read the thread carefully.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:33 PM   #6
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

shiet.. time to start the talkingt people...
Alpha (Alain) Beta (myself) and Delta (chardish) were talking during pre-game and futiley wasting time figuring out who Tass would choose.

I said that its a waste of thought that way because you can always outthink yoruself, and make jstifications for any person, so much more importantly is to analyze who was killed...

I feel those kills are really strong, and I'm not sure what to make of them, but remember people that we only have 4 chances at this, so we need to make good decisive picks.

Old 01-13-2005, 06:36 PM   #7
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

Honestly alain, I don't think they're that stupid. Not even the wolf was supposed to get a PM, just an IM by Tass.

So I don't think that would get us anywhere.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:38 PM   #8
Charlotte21
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Charlotte21 Send a message via MSN to Charlotte21

For a seemingly random vote (as that is all our votes can really be yet), Pi.

I know that Pi is regarded as the smartest user on the boards, and to take out Gamma and Epsilon and not Pi seems in my opinion, a little strange. Not to say that Gamma and Epsilon are not great players, but Pi is also a great player. Though the hunted can only pick two people, and since we can see his mentality was "Get the most threatening people out ASAP", I would assume he would go for Pi, because Pi would seem equally, if not more, threatening.

My Favorite Poster(s) Recently: T0rajir0u, rai
Old 01-13-2005, 06:39 PM   #9
alainbryden
Seen your member

Blah and I were talking about why the first two were picked of all the active and established players in this game. This sums up our reasoning so try to think a little higher than the wolves expect you to think.

mastr414: chardish and EB
mastr414: f*in great picks
mastr414: makes me think its you
mastr414:
NEIGH006: really, because it makes me think it's you
NEIGH006: but isn't that what the wolves wanted?
mastr414: well duh

NEIGH006: I would have killed Chardish and EB actually
NEIGH006: If I were wolf
NEIGH006: it's perfect really
mastr414: i know
mastr414: it really is
mastr414: i'm f*in impressed

NEIGH006: chardish and eb are trustworthy generally and good players
mastr414: true
mastr414: they really are both trustworthy
NEIGH006: and Q you and I are great at racking up unwanted suspicion
NEIGH006: so there
Old 01-13-2005, 06:41 PM   #10
alainbryden
Seen your member

Hans what did I write? "chances are no one used this strategy" "it would be so obvious". Nonetheless, if it happened, it happened, and that is our wolf. So I might as well say it.

Charlotte, good start but as I said, a truely smart wolf as most of TWG would be would take out a few good players than bad players to leave suspicion on the best players so that humans waste their lynchings thinking that the best players a wolves, otherwise they would have been wolfed yet. Don't make that the basis for your reasoning. That was very good evidence in TWG 4 but thinking is just going to higher and higher levels since then.

edited to include charlotte statement and again to say it was edited, because I didn't want to triple post.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:46 PM   #11
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

Alright alright. I just reread it a couple of times, and I got what you were trying to say. Sorry, I am just really out of it right now.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:46 PM   #12
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

I just want to reiterate... impersonating the host in any way is cheating. It was brought to my attention that someone could fake my screenname on AIM (which is already clearly stated as cheating) to try and talk to the wolf.... Do not piss me off.

Also, "Assuming that the person with codename Delta is the hunted is foolish." Want to reiterate that as well. It is possible that Delta = Mirage, but there are 11 other possible Mirages as well.

Carry on.
Old 01-13-2005, 06:49 PM   #13
blahblah18
FFR Player

you left out the part where I called us the tricksy ones :P
btw: I don't like how Delta is so educated about all this.. makes me wary, makes me also think she might try to save the smartest one for a lynch... she seemed to smart to make a random vote, yet she kinda sorta did...

also she was Gamma's (Chardish's) top suspicion not that it matters, cuz who'se to say they are right or wrong...
the reasoning (in my opinion its ridiculous, but chardish knows Tass better then I do and if you rather psychoanalyze him then use the info of the kills, this is for you) is that Delta is the one person in the story he gave us reason to not distrust, and therefore Tass would make delta the wolf... Charlotte had shown she knows what's what, and Tass would find it humorous to then pick her because none of us know her, yet she has info on all of us.
His further reasoning was that he then kicked Afro to make charlotte's name land on delta, but that's too absurd even for me :-p

Old 01-13-2005, 06:58 PM   #14
alainbryden
Seen your member

Also,

Charlotte = Delta = 4th letter of greek alphabet. 4 days is a wolf win. :O

but don't worry Charlotte, we TWGers are better than this. We'll make it look like we have better reasons than that to vote you :P
Old 01-13-2005, 06:59 PM   #15
blahblah18
FFR Player

well said.. I was going to say Alain = Alpha.. Blah = Beta... Chardish is dead so doesn't count.. Charlotte, Delta? C doesn't = D dun dun dun

Old 01-13-2005, 07:04 PM   #16
alainbryden
Seen your member

ooh charlotte, sig is 690 pixels long, max is 500. Max width is 300, so you'll probably need to drop the spectre thing :S Sorry, but I got beat up for that, so :P
Old 01-13-2005, 07:06 PM   #17
Charlotte21
FFR Player

Default Re: RE: TWG IX, Manhunt - Pre-Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by alainbryden
Also,

Charlotte = Delta = 4th letter of greek alphabet. 4 days is a wolf win. :O

but don't worry Charlotte, we TWGers are better than this. We'll make it look like we have better reasons than that to vote you :P
Part of me feels like I'm being picked on for being a newb , and wondering if I should ignore these conspiracies alltogether.

Old 01-13-2005, 07:06 PM   #18
alainbryden
Seen your member

Default RE: Re: RE: TWG IX, Manhunt - Pre-Game

yes
Old 01-13-2005, 07:33 PM   #19
Charlotte21
FFR Player

Default Re: RE: Re: RE: TWG IX, Manhunt - Pre-Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by alainbryden
yes
None the less this is distracting us from the real discussion at hand, and we need to get information flowing as quick as possible.

Every hour we waste silent is an hour handed to the hunted, who is an advantageous position since we have no leads for the entire day based on the people who have been killed.

Enough with the tass'-story-conspiracy, lets get some real discussion going.

Old 01-13-2005, 07:34 PM   #20
roopert
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to roopert
Default RE: Re: RE: TWG IX, Manhunt - Pre-Game

How many of you have been contacted by Charlotte since the game started? I have. I was thinking that if I were a wolf who was new to this community, I would try to contact everyone and gather as much information as possible on them, so I would know who is the best choice for lyching. Perhaps on Night1 she just lynched people who had a good reputation because there was nothing else she had to go off of. I have been contacted by other people too, but since Charlotte seems to be our main suspect, I thought I'd add another perspective to her. (her, right?) Still no vote from me.