Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
clarinet89
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to clarinet89 Send a message via MSN to clarinet89
Default TWG XCI Host Sign-ups

Questionable Content

Last edited by clarinet89; 11-12-2009 at 09:45 PM..
Old 11-12-2009, 09:43 PM   #2
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction
Default Re: TWG XCI HOst Sign-ups

someone host a mason oriented game
Old 11-12-2009, 09:49 PM   #3
Temote
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Temote
Default Re: TWG XCI HOst Sign-ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
someone host a mason oriented game
Actually, yes. I was hoping something like that would pop up this time. x_x

Or a manhunt.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:56 PM   #4
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction
Default Re: TWG XCI Host Sign-ups

no manhunts
Old 11-12-2009, 10:09 PM   #5
emerald000
the Mathemagician~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to emerald000

Well then:

16 players game

3 masons
4 wolves
9 humans

gogogo
Old 11-12-2009, 11:26 PM   #6
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

A2P

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:33 PM   #7
A2P
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to A2P

Basically my game is another normal game

10 humans
1 seer
1 psychic

4 wolves

with a new rule...the MANTI WITNESS PROTECTION ACT

basically, if manti signs up for this game, the wolves are not allowed to kill him on night 1. I know it sounds a bit unfair but come on...give manti a chance will ya?
Old 11-12-2009, 11:45 PM   #8
jump_the_bullet
Oh you fancy, huh?
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jump_the_bullet Send a message via MSN to jump_the_bullet Send a message via Skype™ to jump_the_bullet

TWG XCI: Double Manhunt

16 players

The players will be randomly split up into two groups: A and B. Each group will have their own separate thread.

Each group will have:
7 humans
1 wolf

The wolves will have one kill each per night and they must kill someone in their own group.

At the end of Day 2 the threads will merge together and the wolves will find out who each other are.

If one of the wolves is killed on D1, the threads will merge automatically and the last wolf will gain two kills per night.
If the merge happens normally the wolves will only have one kill per night.

You cannot speak to the people in the other group until the threads are merged.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:58 PM   #9
Temote
FFR Player

Wait, how would you merge the threads together? Using Manti, or just not having anyone post in a certain thread, or...?
Old 11-13-2009, 12:01 AM   #10
jump_the_bullet
Oh you fancy, huh?
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jump_the_bullet Send a message via MSN to jump_the_bullet Send a message via Skype™ to jump_the_bullet

manti will merge them
i already ran it by him

Old 11-13-2009, 12:03 AM   #11
emerald000
the Mathemagician~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to emerald000

Like I told him, the only thing I have against that game is the 2 wolfings per night if a wolf is killed D1. I find that it removes the incentive to kill one of the wolves, since the game might get harder with 2 kills each night.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:05 AM   #12
Temote
FFR Player

Aren't there going to be two kills when it merges anyway? Or am I reading it wrong?

I'm looking at it as 'Each wolf still keeps their kill when the threads merge'. And the two kills per night I figured was to balance out the lowered number of wolves. x_x

EDIT: Oh wait, I missed a line. I see.

Still, it sounds more like a balance issue.

EDIT2: Or rather, 'trying to pit one wolf up against fourteen (I think?) humans all at once is incredibly unfair and would more than likely drag the game to all kinds of hells'. That's what I'm seeing. x_x

EDIT3: I'm guessing that we're taking a kind of an honor code on the 'not talking to players from the other side'?

Also, are all the hosts right now adopting the 'kill all inactive players instead of giving phantoms' rule we're trying to instate?

Last edited by Temote; 11-13-2009 at 12:12 AM..
Old 11-13-2009, 12:11 AM   #13
jump_the_bullet
Oh you fancy, huh?
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald000 View Post
Like I told him, the only thing I have against that game is the 2 wolfings per night if a wolf is killed D1. I find that it removes the incentive to kill one of the wolves, since the game might get harder with 2 kills each night.
if the humans intentionally dont kill one of the wolves though it would end up being 6 humans to 2 wolves.
and if they do kill one of the wolves on D1 then it will be 13 humans to 1 wolf leaving the wolf at a major disadvantage anyway thats why it would be wise to give the lone wolf 2 kills

@temote its basically a manhunt. manhunt aren't really balanced to begin with

EDIT FOR TEMOTE SINCE EDITING IS COOL BRO : honor code yeah. it will be dealt with like the "no talking to dead players" rule

Last edited by jump_the_bullet; 11-13-2009 at 12:19 AM..
Old 11-13-2009, 01:53 AM   #14
FreezinIce
FFR Player

16 Players
4 Wolves
1 Seer
1 Psychic

10 Humans

Phantom Control is ON (The accumulation of phantoms from missing a voting phase is forbidden. On the awarding of 1 phantom from this, the player will be ejected and replaced with a sub. If the sub is given a 2nd phantom, the player will be cardflipped and killed. If a player is given their first phantom and there is no sub to replace them, they will instead be killed and cardflipped. DON'T SIGN UP IF YOU AREN'T ACTIVE.)

Blind Justice is ON (The voting for a person based on the phrase "to avoid phantoms", the mentioning of phantoms when a player casts his/her vote, the use of safeties, and the voting of someone with the vote post containing just their name in bold is forbidden. Doing any of these will not only cause your vote to be null for that day phase, but if phantoms are awarded to any other players that day based on inactivity, you will receive one as well. These phantoms are not subject to Phantom Control and can accumulate endlessly for as many day phases as you violate these rule.)

Hindsight is ON (If in any post you state that any of your votes from any previous day were "to avoid phantoms", then you will be killed, but not cardflipped)

People who are inactive deserve phantoms and should suffer the consequences. This game seeks to do away with the idea of insta'ing a person to prevent the accumulation of phantoms.

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED

Last edited by FreezinIce; 11-13-2009 at 01:53 AM.. Reason: bbcode errors
Old 11-13-2009, 04:36 AM   #15
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

A2P
Old 11-13-2009, 07:29 AM   #16
Hufsa
FFR Player

I'm up for one of the Seer-Psychic games if someone adds two more humans. 1:3 with no Guard and no real ability for the Seer and Psychic to synergize favours the wolves, in my opinion; I'm surprised no one else has commented on this.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:34 AM   #17
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

16 players
3 wolves
1 guardian
12 greens

Successful guarding just means no kill for the night. No one would find out who was attacked or even that there was a successful guarding. There would just be no kill that night, similar to if the wolves didn't send a PM at all.

A motivation for activity: any player who asks to be removed or substituted will simply be killed. Any player who fails to vote during the day phase will be killed. Only sign up if you truly intend to play, it doesn't matter if you end up as an apathetic green or a red trying to hide in the back; I expect activity from ALL PLAYERS. No cardflips unlike FreezinIce above, because I fear a player might abuse a cardflip to prove their role.

No instalynches, meaning no abuse of saving people from phantoms. If everyone votes and a person has more than 50% of votes, then I'll end day early and that person will be lynched on the spot. This is basically the concept behind a instalynch, except that all players must have placed a vote for it to happen.

Quote:
I'm up for one of the Seer-Psychic games if someone adds two more humans. 1:3 with no Guard and no real ability for the Seer and Psychic to synergize favours the wolves, in my opinion; I'm surprised no one else has commented on this.
The balance isn't as bad as you make it seem. In the previous game we only got shut out because our seer faked a log and caused me to believe he was a wolf. I think adding two humans might tip it unfairly in the humans favor. This is supposed to be hard for the humans. They're supposed to have to work to win. That's the point.

The game shouldn't be A2P's though, holy ****. It sucks for Manti to die like that, but we don't need him to win the game for us. Don't worry about who is or who is not going to help your team. Worry about yourself. It's unfortunate for the guy himself, but that doesn't warrant bull**** special rules that give him special protection. I'm sure I told you this before, but Tass used to be EXACTLY the same way manti is. Same playstyle, and for a while, he too was CONSTANTLY getting knocked off on night 1. But we never made up bull**** rules to keep him alive. We played without him until it got to the point where it became clear to all of the nub wolves that killing Tass night 1 wasn't necessarily the BEST thing to do.

I'm not sure if potential hosts are allowed to vote, but I'd like to vote for freezin's game.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:08 AM   #18
clarinet89
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to clarinet89 Send a message via MSN to clarinet89

unfortunately i can't play in the next few games because im going to be crazy busy and depending on where i am, i might not have internet. that being said, i think jtb's game is good, but maybe we should stick with the really simple games until the humans can figure out what is going on. i like afro's game because it is something different and it might be fun.

Questionable Content
Old 11-13-2009, 10:30 AM   #19
FictionJunction
FFR Player

I don't think the Manti protection plan should be in effect. It's unfair no matter how much he gets killed night one. If he wants to stop dying night one he will convince the players who do kill him to stop. We should not be giving anyone any sort of unfair advantage. Plus, it's easy to tell who killed manti now. It's not like it'll keep going on forever.

Not to mention manti brought it upon himself.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:31 AM   #20
FictionJunction
FFR Player

afro

this is a game for gutsy greens with a high sense of self-importance and low morale
Closed Thread