Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-1-2003, 04:54 PM   #1
JeffAndonuts
FFR Player

Default Question

Hey everyone I just came here today and I was wondering how long this FFR has been around. I just wanna know how much practice some people have had.

I was a master at DDR at my local arcade and I'm hooked on this now.
JeffAndonuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2003, 04:57 PM   #2
SotN
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SotN

i think was up and running on the net around November of 02.
It was an idea in Synthlight's and bprc's heads about a year before that.
Old 03-1-2003, 04:59 PM   #3
JeffAndonuts
FFR Player

Thanks. This game is great, and I'm, glad I found it. :P Watch out, Locker!
Old 03-1-2003, 05:01 PM   #4
SotN
FFR Player

don't forget about Llainfactor and Tech.Ni.Que

and I forgot to say in my last post... Welcome!
Old 03-1-2003, 05:03 PM   #5
JeffAndonuts
FFR Player

Yeah I've seen some other whacky scores made by tons of other people not mentioned. I hope I can eventually compete. I've been playing for the last 6 hours (talk about obsession, eh? )
Old 03-1-2003, 05:33 PM   #6
JeffAndonuts
FFR Player

edit
Old 03-1-2003, 08:29 PM   #7
Spazzbite
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Spazzbite Send a message via MSN to Spazzbite Send a message via Yahoo to Spazzbite

Ah! An EarthBound fan I see! Well when the song Resistance was thrown out, it took me a few tries and then i could full combo it, and now I can do incredible on it! mainly for me its just how fast i react to the arrows, and being able to keep a steady beat through the entire song.
Spazzbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-1-2003, 11:27 PM   #8
Freak83
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAndonuts
Sorry to double post but I have another question I hope somebody stumbles upon: in FFR, do the people that play this game get better more by memorizing the songs, or just having improved natural instincts/skills, which develope. Meaning: if I were to throw a totally new song at someone like LlainFactor, would they be able to ace it with mostly perfects in a matter of 5 tries?

I know both of those things are huge elements to success, but which is more important.
Both. You can kind of see patterns developing in songs as you play them a lot. Like FF7 probably seems impossible to you at first. But after I had played FFR for a while I went back to it and I saw that a lot of the arrows were just coming in triplets. I played it inbetween also so I kind of got the pattern from playing it a lot too. But also from experience.
Freak83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2003, 07:35 AM   #9
JeffAndonuts
FFR Player

Well, I've gotten through a bit of FF7 on my first try (I did all the songs according to difficulty...also learning they were rated horribly =P), though I bombed after they combined two hard parts, but I saw that if I were to practice that song 5 times I would learn enough of the difficult parts to make it through. For my first day yesterday I think I did pretty well. I find it annoying having to go through the Zelda beginning every time I want to practice the Yoshi Bonus Round (which can make my head spin).
Old 03-2-2003, 10:50 AM   #10
nestlekwik
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to nestlekwik

Yeah, rating problems can be found in any music game. It's basically up to the discretion of the creators what the difficulty is and sometimes those people think a song is harder than another peron may see it as. I'm not exactly sure how the rating system is going to work in Remix but I've given a few ideas to Synth on the rating system. We'll just have to see.
And welcome to the boards!
nestlekwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2003, 01:39 PM   #11
NessTormented
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to NessTormented Send a message via AIM to NessTormented Send a message via MSN to NessTormented Send a message via Yahoo to NessTormented

yes.... it is of a bad system. but it is dewpend how well you do.

since different people have better skillls, then it is decide by the people themself.
Old 03-4-2003, 03:33 AM   #12
NomadSeifer
FFR Player

Totally

intro
The instructor stands at the head of the room directing her students on what the next pose will be. She gracefully adjusts her body into its next relaxing form always taking long deep breaths and remaining totally calm. The students all mimic her example and a room full of people become a little more in-touch with their mind and body through the ever-popular practice of Yoga.
Yoga is a mental and physical discipline that started in India more than five thousand years ago. Originally, the goal and purpose of Yoga was to unite with Absolute, known as Brahman, or with Atman, the true self. In modern life the purpose is a much more realistic achievement of physical and mental health and a general better self-awareness. Spirituality is also an important part of Yoga, especially in the Hindu religion it is based out of.
"The beauty of Yoga is in its versatility, allowing practitioners to focus on the physical, psychological or spiritual, or a combination of all three," said Yoga Instructor Frances Stahnke.
There are actually 4 types of Yoga in existence. They are Jnana, the path of knowledge or wisdom, Bhakti, the path of devotion, Karma, the path of action, and Raja, the path of self-control. The Yoga most commonly identified in western culture is Raja, or rather a part of Raja called Hatha. Hatha is what specifically deals with postures and breathing. Within Hatha exist many varying styles, all of which are outlined in the Yoga Sutras, a definitive text on the basic teachings of classical Yoga written about two thousand years ago.
In Yoga, breathing is as important an aspect as anything else. Pranayama, or breath control, is taught to be done separately, in preparation for, or in conjunction with postures. It is used to help clear and cleanse the body and mind. Three significant and most commonly used forms of Pranayama are Ujjayi, which involves constricting the back of the throat while breathing to create an "ah" sound, Dirgha Pranayama, which teaches how to fill the three chambers of the lungs, beginning with the lower lungs, then moving up through the thoracic region and into the clavicular region, and the Nadi Shodhana, which is just a simple form of alternate nostril breathing.
"You really have to synchronize your breathing with lots of hard exhaling," said senior Shuchi Desai. "That's like half of it. The other half is holding postures for a long amount of time and then letting your whole body move into the next posture. It's like an exercise and a spiritual thing, your whole mind, body, and soul all moving your body at the same time."
There exist many many hundreds of different postures, each relaxing and stretching a specific part of the body. Some of the key positions are Sukhasana, an easy sitting position used to begin that helps focus awareness on breathing and the body; helps strengthen lower back and open the hips, Uttanasana II, which is essentially a forward bend that stretches the legs and spine, and rests the heart and neck, and Sethu Bandhasa, where the body is bent backwards up starting from the ground and is used to increase flexibility and suppleness, strengthen the lower back and abdominal muscles, and open the chest. But with all of this, the one most important question remains, "Is it aerobic exercise?"
"Yes and maybe. Aerobic exercise is simply exercise that improves oxygenation of the blood through an increased heart rate and deeper breathing. Yoga can do that, especially those styles such as Astanga and ViniYoga that have a strong focus on the flow of one posture to another," said Stahnke.
Yoga has also been found to be a very beneficial tool at battling sickness. According to an article written by M.D., Jeff Migdow, Yoga postures, pranayama, relaxation and meditation are powerful tools for helping to stimulate or calm the immune response depending on the situation. Practicing any yoga posture in a relaxing way with slow deep breathing and the intention to let go and relax the nervous system can be very beneficial in decreasing the symptoms of allergies.
Yoga is truly a beneficial art form of relaxation and self-discipline that can only help to increase a person's physical, mental, and spiritual health. And getting started is not too difficult.
"Find a teacher, get a book and/or video," said Stahnke. "One-on-one interaction with a teacher is invaluable experience."
NomadSeifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-4-2003, 08:03 AM   #13
Freak83
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

No!!! Don't write such long messages!!! Anyone who knows me on here should know by now I'm way too lazy to read any of that message!!! Alright I'll give you a break since that's only your third post, but be careful in the future.
Old 03-4-2003, 10:30 AM   #14
CMCAdvanced
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to CMCAdvanced Send a message via Yahoo to CMCAdvanced

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadSeifer
Totally

intro
The instructor stands at the head of the room directing her students on what the next pose will be. She gracefully adjusts her body into its next relaxing form always taking long deep breaths and remaining totally calm. The students all mimic her example and a room full of people become a little more in-touch with their mind and body through the ever-popular practice of Yoga.
Yoga is a mental and physical discipline that started in India more than five thousand years ago. Originally, the goal and purpose of Yoga was to unite with Absolute, known as Brahman, or with Atman, the true self. In modern life the purpose is a much more realistic achievement of physical and mental health and a general better self-awareness. Spirituality is also an important part of Yoga, especially in the Hindu religion it is based out of.
"The beauty of Yoga is in its versatility, allowing practitioners to focus on the physical, psychological or spiritual, or a combination of all three," said Yoga Instructor Frances Stahnke.
There are actually 4 types of Yoga in existence. They are Jnana, the path of knowledge or wisdom, Bhakti, the path of devotion, Karma, the path of action, and Raja, the path of self-control. The Yoga most commonly identified in western culture is Raja, or rather a part of Raja called Hatha. Hatha is what specifically deals with postures and breathing. Within Hatha exist many varying styles, all of which are outlined in the Yoga Sutras, a definitive text on the basic teachings of classical Yoga written about two thousand years ago.
In Yoga, breathing is as important an aspect as anything else. Pranayama, or breath control, is taught to be done separately, in preparation for, or in conjunction with postures. It is used to help clear and cleanse the body and mind. Three significant and most commonly used forms of Pranayama are Ujjayi, which involves constricting the back of the throat while breathing to create an "ah" sound, Dirgha Pranayama, which teaches how to fill the three chambers of the lungs, beginning with the lower lungs, then moving up through the thoracic region and into the clavicular region, and the Nadi Shodhana, which is just a simple form of alternate nostril breathing.
"You really have to synchronize your breathing with lots of hard exhaling," said senior Shuchi Desai. "That's like half of it. The other half is holding postures for a long amount of time and then letting your whole body move into the next posture. It's like an exercise and a spiritual thing, your whole mind, body, and soul all moving your body at the same time."
There exist many many hundreds of different postures, each relaxing and stretching a specific part of the body. Some of the key positions are Sukhasana, an easy sitting position used to begin that helps focus awareness on breathing and the body; helps strengthen lower back and open the hips, Uttanasana II, which is essentially a forward bend that stretches the legs and spine, and rests the heart and neck, and Sethu Bandhasa, where the body is bent backwards up starting from the ground and is used to increase flexibility and suppleness, strengthen the lower back and abdominal muscles, and open the chest. But with all of this, the one most important question remains, "Is it aerobic exercise?"
"Yes and maybe. Aerobic exercise is simply exercise that improves oxygenation of the blood through an increased heart rate and deeper breathing. Yoga can do that, especially those styles such as Astanga and ViniYoga that have a strong focus on the flow of one posture to another," said Stahnke.
Yoga has also been found to be a very beneficial tool at battling sickness. According to an article written by M.D., Jeff Migdow, Yoga postures, pranayama, relaxation and meditation are powerful tools for helping to stimulate or calm the immune response depending on the situation. Practicing any yoga posture in a relaxing way with slow deep breathing and the intention to let go and relax the nervous system can be very beneficial in decreasing the symptoms of allergies.
Yoga is truly a beneficial art form of relaxation and self-discipline that can only help to increase a person's physical, mental, and spiritual health. And getting started is not too difficult.
"Find a teacher, get a book and/or video," said Stahnke. "One-on-one interaction with a teacher is invaluable experience."
Wow.

Anyways, I think the best way to get better at FFR is to completely freak out on the keyboard. But be calm and focused at the same time.

And welcome.
CMCAdvanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-5-2003, 06:11 PM   #15
SotN
FFR Player

*reads that long post*

Umm... whatever.
Old 03-6-2003, 08:45 AM   #16
NessTormented
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to NessTormented Send a message via AIM to NessTormented Send a message via MSN to NessTormented Send a message via Yahoo to NessTormented

Welcome, but I really don't see how that can help your FFR. Many people are too busy (or in rare cases lazy) to attend daily yoga, not saying any names. *cough SOTN cough JEWPIN cough CMC cough NESTLE cough SYNTHLIGHT cough BRPC cough ME cough EVERYONE ELSE*
Old 03-6-2003, 10:00 AM   #17
nestlekwik
Retired Staff
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to nestlekwik

One time I almost attended a yoga class for a story I was working on for work. It sounded interesting but the lady never called me back and I had to drop the story.
nestlekwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-6-2003, 11:25 AM   #18
Freak83
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessTormented
Welcome, but I really don't see how that can help your FFR. Many people are too busy (or in rare cases lazy) to attend daily yoga, not saying any names.
YOU'RE REFERING TO ME BY SAYING LAZY AREN'T YOU!!!?
Old 03-6-2003, 11:40 AM   #19
dave
FFR Player

No she means me I am the lazest

"Have a nice day"
Old 03-6-2003, 02:49 PM   #20
Freak83
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

You know, I would go to all the places where I have said I am lazy on this forum. Post them all in a reply here for you to look at. But I'm too lazy to do that.

*EDIT*

Alright I came across one of them so I'll just put it here. Maybe if I find more I'll put them here too.

http://www.xqsite.com/modules.php?op...iewtopic&t=333