Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat > Ask Me Anything
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Ask Me Anything A forum where notable users offer to answer questions from the userbase.

Old 02-19-2013, 04:46 AM   #1
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

Default snapps ama

popped in to get some simfiles. i think ill stay for a couple more weeks then leave for another year or two.

after re-reading some of my older posts, i think i was definitely a very immature person. glad to see a change, personally.

ask me anything including myself as well as my time here from 03 till now.
Snapps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:00 AM   #2
Snowcrafta
V's beta-male entourage

Send a message via AIM to Snowcrafta
Default Re: snapps ama

What part of california
Old 02-19-2013, 05:06 AM   #3
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

glendora
Old 02-19-2013, 05:06 AM   #4
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

its socal
Old 02-19-2013, 05:12 AM   #5
Snowcrafta
V's beta-male entourage

Send a message via AIM to Snowcrafta

bay lyfe
Old 02-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #6
DDRBaller123
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DDRBaller123 Send a message via MSN to DDRBaller123 Send a message via Yahoo to DDRBaller123 Send a message via Skype™ to DDRBaller123

ive been wondering for the longest time where is ur avatar from

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldentron View Post
you sound like a nerd and your girlfriend is trying to make you sound less nerdy because your nickname for your ex is m'lady dragonborne or some shit and she don't wanna be seen with no scrub
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
The asshole in me wants to tell your girlfriend to stop being a pussy bitch about it.

The concerned forum poster in me wants to tell your girlfriend nearly the same thing.
DDRBaller123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:02 AM   #7
PaperclipGames
Mrow~
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to PaperclipGames Send a message via Skype™ to PaperclipGames

What hair colour would you find the weirdest?

948 AAAs | 1461 FCs | 549 TPs | 7 FMO AAAs
Skype: paperclipgames | Steam: alegiano | Last.fm: Alegiano | Ask.fm: Clippysan | Facebook: LINK
Best AAAs: Exciting Hyper Highspeed Star (69), Nous (69), Pure Ruby (68), Heavenly Spores (68), Ambient Angels (66), Within Life (66), Defection (66) Southern Cross (65)
PaperclipGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 04:22 AM   #8
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDRBaller123 View Post
ive been wondering for the longest time where is ur avatar from
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jY-cUQPALQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperclipGames View Post
What hair colour would you find the weirdest?
something that doesnt match the person. i havent seen much of yellow lately.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #9
Zapmeister
FFR Player

You're playing poker with a tiger, a sheep, and a frog. You're holding Ad 9d and the flop is 7h 8c 5d. The tiger is messing around nonchalantly with its chips and bets twice the minimum. The sheep thinks for a while and folds. The frog starts croaking a bit like the "Crazy Frog" theme and after the tiger stares at it to get it to shut up, it casually calls. Do you fold, call, raise, or run screaming?

What's the longest word you've ever received in a text message?

Can you imagine a world with no hypothetical situations?

If you get 2 identical cups of water, one at 30C, the other at 100C, and put them both in a freezer, the one at 100C freezes first. Why?

Theorem: If you have a large enough number of monkeys, and a large enough number of computer keyboards, one of them will sight-read AAA death piano on stealth. And the ffr community will forever worship it. Proof Example

ask me anything here

mashed FCs: 329

r1: 5
r2: 4
r3: 6
r4: 8
r5: 3
r6: 5
r7: 15
final position: 4th
Zapmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-2-2013, 03:40 AM   #10
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapmeister View Post
You're playing poker with a tiger, a sheep, and a frog. You're holding Ad 9d and the flop is 7h 8c 5d. The tiger is messing around nonchalantly with its chips and bets twice the minimum. The sheep thinks for a while and folds. The frog starts croaking a bit like the "Crazy Frog" theme and after the tiger stares at it to get it to shut up, it casually calls. Do you fold, call, raise, or run screaming?

What's the longest word you've ever received in a text message?

Can you imagine a world with no hypothetical situations?

If you get 2 identical cups of water, one at 30C, the other at 100C, and put them both in a freezer, the one at 100C freezes first. Why?
damn if i knew poker then i would totally give you a great answer. there is probably a poker solution to that too. flop. im sure the tiger will have poor body language on another round where i have a better hand.

longest word ive received is probably weird like kilimanjaro or antidisestablishmentarianism

no. wont happen. we need hypothesis to find truths.

i cant tell you why and i dont think the people who study thermodynamics understand either. do you have a guess?
Old 03-2-2013, 04:16 AM   #11
CypherToorima
Boss of all bosses
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CypherToorima

do you happen to have my asdfjkl; stepfile?
Old 03-3-2013, 04:13 AM   #12
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

i remember playing it long ago. i dont remember the banner though. i dont have it. i redownloaded everything about a year ago. anything post bms not in a bulk download i dont have.
Old 03-3-2013, 05:26 AM   #13
Mourningfall
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapps View Post
i cant tell you why and i dont think the people who study thermodynamics understand either. do you have a guess?
The glass at 100C is boiling so all that bacteria and whatnot has died, less impurities means a quicker, more drastic drop in temperature.
While the glass at room temperature on a microbiological scale would be "thicker",
so the change in temperature would be slower and more gradual.

I'm no scientist, but this is my theory on the subject.
For a little perspective, buy two bottles of juice; one with pulp and one without. See which freezes first.

Edit: Sorry for taking the question. x:

Last edited by Mourningfall; 03-3-2013 at 05:46 AM..
Mourningfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-4-2013, 02:55 AM   #14
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

do you think your experience with organizing and managing simfile packs helped you to develop any practical skills?
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-4-2013, 03:35 AM   #15
CypherToorima
Boss of all bosses
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CypherToorima

Why did you choose the name Snapps?
Old 03-4-2013, 04:26 AM   #16
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
do you think your experience with organizing and managing simfile packs helped you to develop any practical skills?
my mentality when making the first pack was to make sure that the songlist flowed. i remember in later packs (i think i only did this is kbc1, mayyybe 2) i wanted to cut songs that had too many letters, or had started with a specific letter (such as a, b, c) if there was already too many songs with that letter. these things threw off the vibe. its all a weird subconscious thing. i thought about how many songs were classics, how many were brand new, and what artists I was giving more and less attention to (unlike kbc2 where it was like all exige). I knew kbc3 wasn't going to be great when i finished it because I didn't have full control. it was all 100% new. it had its own vibe of its own that was different.

i made sure to have all of the files on heavy, all of them had cdtitles, all of them were complete, as well as other little things here and there. it's something you don't pay attention to, but it really finalizes things and pushes yours as well as others mindset to already be thinking a certain way that I want.

of course, you never know how people are thinking. you can just assume.

anyway, this is what i think a lot of packs lacked, and a lot of packs shined without realizing it. kbmp was a great example. some songs/charts are bad, but it was how it was constructed that worked.

it sort of made me think about analyzing the outcomes of life situations before they happened and how to prevent or proceed with them. it's more difficult to use in life situations, but its easier for a stepmania community because you assume you already knew the stepmania background and what most people thought when playing stepmania during that era.

yeah that was long i realize. i never talked about this to anyone so i felt sharing is always great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypherToorima View Post
Why did you choose the name Snapps?
haha gonna sound goofy, but i liked pokemon snap. ended up using snap once on a random website? changed it up to snappz because you know, z in the 90s was cool. outgrew the z in a few months.

i don't like using snapps anymore. i did love the idea that my name was one syllable, just like an average american name. my handle on anything nowadays is "ngqp".
Old 03-4-2013, 04:49 AM   #17
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

How are you so level-headed? I don't think I've ever seen you succumb to internet drama and music games are loaded with it.
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-4-2013, 05:15 AM   #18
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl View Post
How are you so level-headed? I don't think I've ever seen you succumb to internet drama and music games are loaded with it.
quick reply since im still on the website.

i really appreciate the comment but i do remember myself not being well liked. i think i didn't ever "get it" while i was on ffr, odi, and machogang. i think the problem was i tried to fit in, or be part of everything and make friends, because i lacked that area in my life. i think mentally, i wasn't on par. i think i was level headed because i didn't fit the mold and i never had any sort of reputation that i needed to uphold. i was sort of just "there". i really just wanted friends at that time.

but honestly, i have no idea. i really dont have a lot of wild emotions and i am very good at moderation when it comes to a societal mold. definitely both introverted and extroverted. you can say i am the black sheep of music gamers.

of course now, with so many life experiences, i am vastly better off than before. i still have trouble dealing with jokes that are aimed at me because i had a terrible amount of negativity with jokes growing up (as well as online), but i do know that now, the jokes are always just playful fun. its my bodies natural reaction to go into a defense mode. its definitely a next step to look at in helping myself mentally. i dig psychology. everyone should invest some time and help their mind as much as they do their bodies.
Old 03-6-2013, 05:45 AM   #19
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

i re-read my threads i started. almost all of them are awful.

ffr hasn't changed.
Old 03-7-2013, 11:02 AM   #20
Mourningfall
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

If money doesn't grow on trees, why do banks have branches?
Mourningfall is offline   Reply With Quote