Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 02:22 AM   #21
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot
Default Re: FIFA Cup

France played Switzerland, not Sweden, last night.

And as I happen to be touring Europe for most of the world cup (9th til 29th...), I've been watching 1-2 of these matches every night with my buddies, all of us cheering with the locals over some beers (or bier, pivo, sodok... depending on which country so far... germany = bier, czech & serbia = pivo, hungary = sodok... heading to greece, italy, spain, netherlands, and belgium still.... only know Cervesa of those.)

ANYWAY... we were in Prague (Praha) for the opening match. We watched it on a HUGE projection screen that was put up in the Old Town Square. They had live music beforehand and 2000+ fans cheering for Germany, Costa Rica, and Czech Republic. There were only a few hundred the next night for Sweden v Trinidad & Tobago.

The other weird thing was that we couldn't find the USA game on ANYWHERE in Budapest. Apparently it was being shown on a cable station instead of the broadcast sports channel. We were all the way down by the Danube River and had to walk back to our hostel to watch the game. Was already 2-0 by the time we got back, 35 minutes into the 1st half.

Go USA. Otherwise, go Trinidad or Costa Rica.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:04 AM   #22
Jongo
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Jongo
Default Re: FIFA Cup

England ftw! The only team I've ever rooted for, probably because I'm english.. Can't wait for tommorows game, bbq, beers and World Cup

The France And Swiss game yesterday was piss poor, The French were a right set of drama queens and the Brazil game was nothing special either, I enjoyed watching Brazils long range attempts though, nothing short of amazing they were..