Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2014, 10:13 AM   #21
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction
Default Re: jTWG

what so if I had said 'let's discuss jTWG' in my post this would an ok place to discuss?

Pretty sure I asked people to explain why they want things. Not sure how this entire discussion is biased because I have an opinion. Just say why you guys feel you need it. I don't think we need it.
FictionJunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:34 AM   #22
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyjayde View Post
So just run two games at once, each assigned with a different level of complexity. Everyone will be able to subscribe to the game he's the most comfortable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
I kind of like this as an unofficial rule. Maybe every other game could "forced" to be a "vanilla" variant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokzic View Post
I like the idea of specifically having one simpler/more casual game running alongside one TWG that is more complex and/or requires more commitment.
So me, afro and tokzic are seconding the same idea and I think I need to stress that fact for people to consider this since it's not at all hard to do and will please everyone.
Crazyjayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:47 AM   #23
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FictionJunction Send a message via MSN to FictionJunction Send a message via Yahoo to FictionJunction Send a message via Skype™ to FictionJunction

the not so different alternative would be to have a case-by-case discussion as opposed to a schedule where people vote for the games they want to play - as we do now - and play it by ear. If someone chooses to not vote for X game or chooses not to join X game because they don't want to play something with RPG elements or something that is too complicated they simply play another game.

The issue with setting a schedule with expected types of games is that there will come a time when everyone wants to play stupid complex games and another when everyone wants to play simple games.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:48 AM   #24
FictionJunction
FFR Player

I like the idea of having 'easy' games available but I oppose the idea of strictly calling them jTWG and of requiring we host two 'kinds' of games as opposed to just hosting games that meet the current demand of the players.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:11 PM   #25
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

That's part of the debate you might have assumed too quickly is intrinsic to hosting more accessible games. Players talk about jTWG because that's the terminology in place on FFR for calling those types of setups. I have not seen anybody thus far supporting the idea of bringing back jTWG in the form of a jTWG.

Otherwise, I like the duality you show between scheduled versus individual host process and I think it's very justified. Both our ideas are flexible since we can always interchange one with the other. But I find the latter to be more situational which is prone to slow decisions. Sometimes people just want to play and I like to have fixed conditions in those instances.
Crazyjayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:48 PM   #26
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
I like the idea of having 'easy' games available but I oppose the idea of strictly calling them jTWG and of requiring we host two 'kinds' of games as opposed to just hosting games that meet the current demand of the players.
If we exclusively host games that people "want" to play, we end up with ridiculous bullshit almost every time. People offering to host simpler games are often ignored in favor of whatever retarded bullshit some other person wants to host.

I think it could help to artificially force more simple games sometimes.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:00 PM   #27
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Afro is saying you most of you guys want really complex games.

is that because nobody is building anything simple and putting it in the pipeline?

Wouldn't that be fixed if the host recieves game submissions via PM, lengthening the time we have to submit games - and thus the number of games submitted - to have a more useful discussion over what games we'd like to play?

I can't force people to give constructive criticism about the games that are offered but it'd be nice if we tweak games in during the voting process before the games are hosted. A lot of times hosts scramble to make changes before d1 ends.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:01 PM   #28
FictionJunction
FFR Player

Ultimately I think people sign up for games because they're what's available..
Old 03-14-2014, 01:10 PM   #29
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

@Fiction, the last 4+ games used pretty simple setups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyjayde View Post
I have not seen anybody thus far supporting the idea of bringing back jTWG in the form of a jTWG.
it has happened, and there are at least a few people who support the idea.
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:32 PM   #30
Vendetta21
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Vendetta21

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
what so if I had said 'let's discuss jTWG' in my post this would an ok place to discuss?

Pretty sure I asked people to explain why they want things. Not sure how this entire discussion is biased because I have an opinion. Just say why you guys feel you need it. I don't think we need it.
alright i fear i might stoke the fire here but it's just the tone of aggravation and the big ego makes it hard to have a discussion and also makes people dislike your opinion on the matter because of your presented personality which has nothing to do with the possible impact of your opinion (as in you're predisposing them against it for other reasons than its content)

nobody here is going to get angry so there's not a need to feel vigilant in defending our stances as this community has become incredibly gregarious over the last year. we're just a bunch of peeps having fun with our favorite forum game. it gets intense in game, but everyone is extremely nice in postgame and other discussions.
Vendetta21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:57 PM   #31

If there's a jTWG I'd be more than happy to participate in it. Us newer players need to gain experience in order to be good at these types of games.
___________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:02 PM   #32
HansSky
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to HansSky

like two people brought it up it was never seriously entertained until you came and made it a huge deal. Also I vote no jtwg.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:13 PM   #33
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansSky View Post
like two people brought it up it was never seriously entertained until you came and made it a huge deal. Also I vote no jtwg.
it's being seriously entertained by the lone moderator of the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ___________ View Post
If there's a jTWG I'd be more than happy to participate in it. Us newer players need to gain experience in order to be good at these types of games.
thanks for the input! one thing I'd say: everyone can improve by gaining experience, jTWG or no jTWG.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:41 PM   #34
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

lone moderator

do we have a twg dictator?

DO WE NEED TO RE-ENACT THE TWC??
Old 03-14-2014, 02:41 PM   #35
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

because seriously fuck that lone moderator whoever he or she may be
Old 05-12-2014, 01:20 PM   #36
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

just want to say, I'm beginning to see things differently.

I think my biggest gripe with the old jTWG system was that playing in at least one game was mandatory and that a "council" made calls on who to "move up" to TWG. fiction used the phrase caste system, and I would too. I think that system is bullshit.

I would be down to start running some small games (I guess I don't care whether or not the jTWG moniker is used) suited toward new players. if it happens, I think it should be under the condition that veterans who play in those games want to be in those games and show that they have the kind of patience needed for the game's environment to be welcoming and productive.
Old 05-12-2014, 01:25 PM   #37
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

+1 to dAnceguy!!!

Wouldn't mind seeing simple games on these forums. I think at the moment, TGBTWGs that are currently going are really cool learning experiences to new players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:26 PM   #38
FictionJunction
FFR Player

VIVA LA REVIKUCION ALL TWG PLAYERS ARE EQUAL DOWN WITH DA cAsTe SYSTEM THAT TOWERS ABOVE US PLEBIANS
Old 05-12-2014, 02:55 PM   #39
cedolad
moonchild~

Send a message via Skype™ to cedolad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
just want to say, I'm beginning to see things differently.

I think my biggest gripe with the old jTWG system was that playing in at least one game was mandatory and that a "council" made calls on who to "move up" to TWG. fiction used the phrase caste system, and I would too. I think that system is bullshit.

I would be down to start running some small games (I guess I don't care whether or not the jTWG moniker is used) suited toward new players. if it happens, I think it should be under the condition that veterans who play in those games want to be in those games and show that they have the kind of patience needed for the game's environment to be welcoming and productive.
cedolad (tm)
Old 05-13-2014, 08:48 AM   #40
FreezinIce
FFR Player

I think its just a good idea to have more diversity in the styles and manner in which games are hosted. If there's interest and people sign up for them, I don't see any reason against jTWG.

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED
FreezinIce is offline   Reply With Quote