Old 11-17-2008, 06:46 PM   #861
Card Man
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR's Top One Handers

Just to let you know; there is a way to turn off the beeping you call "annoying" in ventrilo. Ventrilo is free because I have a real server running until May. It is 24/7 and isn't used for much. I guess we can use it. Here is the info if anyone is interested....IP/Hostname: v9.hostventrilo.com Port #: 7847 Once again, I aimed to make my ventrilo public for all of FFR but that never worked out. Random people came in and I never saw them again. Then I deleted the post because nobody used it. If one-handers need a home; it is here until May. I am in it all the time so; that is about it I guess.

I also agree with expanding the list but of course that comes with work and I do not know who is up for that. I have been getting some TP's. I have alittle over 100 I believe. Anyway, I do what I can and I am here.

Card Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:03 PM   #862
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

good points aero...in response to my thing...i like the top 50 idea better too...i just reckon he should scrap the thing just befoer the list that says you need to be under rank 5000 to be on the list...or to knock off number 30...and seeing as number 30 is just under 4000...i find that 'need to be under rank 5000' is pointless...so bynary...get rid of it lol...

brb chaging my siggy to include one-hand in it lol, it kinda sucks atm
Old 11-17-2008, 07:30 PM   #863
Dave&Wave
FFR Player

Is advanced Challenging - Very challenging ? If so , I'm advanced . I
assume pro is master -guru .

Last edited by Dave&Wave; 11-17-2008 at 07:31 PM.. Reason: Woops , did something wrong .
Dave&Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:45 PM   #864
Card Man
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Dave&Wave, why can't I view your FFR profile at all? It just takes me to the profile screen to search someone....

Last edited by Card Man; 11-17-2008 at 07:58 PM..
Old 11-17-2008, 07:53 PM   #865
Dave&Wave
FFR Player

When you get to the search screen , have you tried typing in my name there . ( My profile name is Dave&Wave .)
Old 11-17-2008, 07:57 PM   #866
Card Man
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Yes, when I do that; it says no results. I swear I am typing it in correctly. Perhaps your profile is on private? But why can't you exist then.....log out and try finding your own profile using the search....

Old 11-17-2008, 08:09 PM   #867
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
good points aero...in response to my thing...i like the top 50 idea better too...i just reckon he should scrap the thing just befoer the list that says you need to be under rank 5000 to be on the list...or to knock off number 30...and seeing as number 30 is just under 4000...i find that 'need to be under rank 5000' is pointless...so bynary...get rid of it lol...

brb chaging my siggy to include one-hand in it lol, it kinda sucks atm
No. I limited it to the top 30 for a reason - there is supposed to be motivation to get on the list, and more importantly, a reason to stay on it. Otherwise, it just becomes a list of every one hander that pays attention to this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroethimetic View Post
Have you heard of something called skype? In my opinion it's much better. Because you don't have to pay for it. I know about vent I used it a lot. Cost to get it up and running, then depending on the state your in (I beleive) it costs to keep it per month. The beeping of when someone holds down the designed key for talking comes annoying at times. Especially if its constant and the user does not wish to keep it held down.

Skype on the other hand is a mainly audio chat. It's not really meant for IM's such as yahoo, or msn, or heaven forbid ICQ . Mainly used for calls. Which can last for....well till forever if you want. Completely free. And used for conference calls. Meaning calling more then 1 person at a time. Again like vent, again absolutely free, again for forever. Kills the stupid beeping since its always active. Adding whoever you want kills the idea of
Just saying, bringing the idea up.
Of course I've heard of it. I've never used it though - in fact, you're the first guy I've seen on FFR mention it. Really, I suppose either would be fine, but if everybody keeps picking one or the other, it'll just make things unnecessarily complicated.

P.S I've never noticed the beep.

Quote:
Yea for sure. I completely noticed that how you can distinctively tell who plays one handed and who doesn't. That's why I wanted to add it also in my sig. I played one handed since i started. I never changed...I really don't want to. For reasons I already explained in my intro post/thread. Once I hit 5000 or under thats definitely what I'm shooting for. Especially those one handed tokens users came up with. Love the idea. And gives me more fun and enjoyability (if thats even a word o_O)
Glad to hear you're staying.

I felt the tokens would be an added incentive - and it appears that it works. More can always be added, mind you. If you'd like to add one, supply me with a graphic, the name of the token, and the req. Unless it's something outrageous, I'll approve and add it.

Perhaps, if it isn't too much work, I could add a ranking list for tokens...

Quote:
I like the idea of a list. Kills Bynary though, his life, and I doubt he would wanna sit down and really record and update this 24/7. Always paying attention to members and there tier points, list of every single one hander etc. I'd help if he wants. Just for recording data when I have free time myself. Less burden for him/her
Thanks for offering to help. In truth, it doesn't really take any of my time - the ranking list only takes about an hour to update, the tier list about the same. However, if you wish to help sometime, I won't stop you. Perhaps, even, it would enable me to make more regular updates (Card Man).

There are additional things I've had planned for ages, but I never got around to them, since this thread died off several months ago. Since it appears to have staged a revival, if it holds up, I might go through with it.

Quote:
Again I love this idea. For sure people already made this thread the "one-handers club" but you cant keep this active it's a thread. Takes time to type a post...post it...wait for a reply...post back....maybe provide a s/s etc.... better off just doing it actively. Especially since you cant do ddr and post at the same time its impossible.
People don't have to post every second. But if a forum isn't the way to communicate, what would be? Personally, I feel this thread is the hub for most one handed activity, and as such, any one handed club we made could easily be maintained here.

Quote:
Good luck with your goals. I havent even bothered those yet since my av rank so too high atm. Working on just records and tokens...that I just found out yesterday how to figure out each token and how to accomplish it. -_-" Had a nub moment >_> My overall rank is decreasing which is good obviously.
Keep at it - you'll keep seeing improvements the more you play. And it's always good to set goals - it gives you something to strive for. For example, my goal is to break the sitewide record of 380 AAAs - that's what enables me to get so many in spite of how many tries it often takes. If you set a goal, you'll find it so much easier to concentrate on improving and staying on track.

Quote:
Lol not exactly. My friend steve (dude that showed me this game) Been playing one handed for years. Last year switched to two hands because he never even thought of the idea of using two hands. Now that's all he plays. If he was ever on FFR probably hit well below 5k before he changed over to two hands.

I'm using that as an example also. But I like the idea of top 50. More motivation and incentative to actually go for it being in that list.
Exactly why I will never make the list accessible to all - you have to work your way into the list.

Quote:
Some of you one handers I don't get at all. It's completely insane. Like yours for example. AAA on Games we have played Part 4? One handed? I have NO timing whatsoever. Always goes perfect till like 20 then always a random good....then more perfects. then a good. then maybe an average somewhere in the mix for no apperent reason. I can never perfect it. No way do I even know HOW to teach myself perfect timing. Guess its just practice but I don't know... Never for the life of me can I AAA i swear >_>

rawr. That AAA, while my best, took a ****load of practice to be able to attain, to be honest. Coupled with the fact that I have Vista, no sense of rhythm, and a spastic (figuratively) hand, it took months of practice and diligent playing to build up the accuracy and rhythm needed. Don't worry, you will in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Card Man View Post
Dan&Wave, why can't I view your FFR profile at all? It just takes me to the profile screen to search someone....
It's the & in his name - it messes up the link to his profile.

~Bynary Fission

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/battle-tower-royale-title-theme
Bynary Fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 08:22 PM   #868
Dave&Wave
FFR Player

Isn't there some way for him to view my profile ? If the & sign hinders you from all these things such as Links , Multi-player , chat , then why do they even let you use that in you name !

Three-Fingered ~

Courageous ~

Legendary ~

Strong ~

Proud ~

Few ~

I am One-Hander .
Old 11-17-2008, 08:27 PM   #869
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

guys this is just a random thing i was wondering...when i do one-handed i use my thumb, left index and middle finger...am i the only one who does that? cause i know almost every other 1 hander uses the 3 middle fingers...anyone else here use their thumb as well?
Old 11-17-2008, 08:28 PM   #870
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

The top 30 isn't very accurate though. Am I still even on that list? Yet I'm technically the 3rd best one hander (three fingers) on this site. Last I did an evaluation mind you.

I'm probably not that good anymore.

It's official I wont be holding a tourney any time soon. School work is dominating, along with other websites, so I will not have the motivation required.

Sorry guys. ^^

Perhaps if I hosted it over Christmas break and had 3 day rounds I could manage...
Old 11-17-2008, 08:43 PM   #871
Card Man
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I hate how everyone says the Top 30 list is not accurate....I do understand that some people do not give a damn about their average rank but this shouldn't mean the list isn't accurate. I feel that if the list isn't accurate; why do we even have it? What is it for then? To look pretty or something? I honestly think what it is; it is and if people do not want to play to improve their rank; then they shouldn't be considered better than those who have worked hard to achieve the stats on all the songs to back it up. Laziness will be the downfall of some one-handers....

Old 11-17-2008, 09:04 PM   #872
Dave&Wave
FFR Player

I have never heard of a one hander who uses there thumb .

Three-Fingered ~

Courageous ~

Legendary ~

Strong ~

Proud ~

Few ~

I am One-Hander .
Old 11-17-2008, 09:13 PM   #873
Aeroethimetic
Paper Mario FTW
FFR Veteran

Thanks for commenting back. Sure thing once I'm not too loaded with hwmk or life in general. But when I pop in on FFR, I'm addicted anyways. If a gamer is addicted be a long while before he doesnt want to play it anymore =P What you need help with? and yea I'm staying

Meh one of these days I'll get it =P. Be like AAAing Divine Suicide of K before you know it =P

I'm allowed to start trying for these tokens now? O_O

And hmm...my thinking was if you did increase it makes it more incenative that I can't spell for the life of me atm =/. But I understand where your coming from.

I use three fingers, index, ring and middle =/

Sorry I'm tired...I'll edit this later with quotes but..for now...yea...you get what this all is meant for anyways =P
Old 11-17-2008, 09:24 PM   #874
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

hmm...strange...well uve heard of one now..i use my thumb lol...
Old 11-17-2008, 09:58 PM   #875
8 Hour Whore
←↓↑→ Lets Bang? ←↓↑→
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to 8 Hour Whore

Just a little update..
Zag.. Your not the third best one hander..
If anybody is.. It's Bynary..
RB_Quackies = 1st
irionman = 2nd
Bynary = 3rd
I might be fighting you for 4th..
So yea.
Also, I would be concidered in Advanced Dave..
So you might wanna reconcider unless you think your up the challenge?

Best AAA: Banned Forever
BlackFlags: 49
8 Hour Whore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 01:26 AM   #876
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Hour Whore View Post
Just a little update..
Zag.. Your not the third best one hander..
If anybody is.. It's Bynary..
RB_Quackies = 1st
irionman = 2nd
Bynary = 3rd
I might be fighting you for 4th..
So yea.
Also, I would be concidered in Advanced Dave..
So you might wanna reconcider unless you think your up the challenge?
You failed to see my addition to that self-proclamation.
I have this issue. Always have.
In my mind.
One Hand = Three fingers

I know it's not true, but that is what I base my rank off, and always have. ^^
So technically I'm the 3rd ranked one hander.
Bynary
Orlando
Myself

Oh unless you play 3 fingers, than you are probably better than I am.

Edit:

Ah who am I kidding. I don't care right now.
Talk to me when I feel like being an FFR player again. xD
Old 11-18-2008, 07:16 AM   #877
Dave&Wave
FFR Player

Using for fingers is not the way of the one-hander .

Three-Fingered ~

Courageous ~

Legendary ~

Strong ~

Proud ~

Few ~

I am One-Hander .
Old 11-18-2008, 07:25 AM   #878
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Who says?

There are players who play with two hands, four fingers while using three fingers on one hand, and nobody says anything about it. Indexers use two hands and only two fingers, and nobody says anything about it. A few spread players even use their thumbs.

For scoring and ranking purposes, yes, you can't really compare a three-fingered player to a four-fingered player. But one hand is one hand - it doesn't really matter how you play, just as long as you use one hand, it's one handed.

~Bynary Fission

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/battle-tower-royale-title-theme
Bynary Fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:05 AM   #879
kailure
bzzt
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to kailure Send a message via MSN to kailure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Wave View Post
Isn't there some way for him to view my profile ?
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...%26amp%3BWave/

bye
kailure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:20 AM   #880
jelly1handed
FFR Player

i just thought id let you one handers know that i might try and get on that list, and i am just a casual one player. so watch out guys here i come
jelly1handed is offline   Reply With Quote