Old 06-18-2015, 07:47 AM   #1
Xtreme2252
Jumpstreams Suck
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Xtreme2252 Send a message via MSN to Xtreme2252 Send a message via Yahoo to Xtreme2252 Send a message via Skype™ to Xtreme2252
Default Full Combo Stat?

I understand why the scoring was changed to raw scoring, and I do prefer this, but I don't understand why the FC stats are not individually tracked. It is simply based off of the best score on the song, meaning if you get a miss on your best score on a song it could be incredibly hard to get an FC status on that song. The real problem is there is a token for getting 99% of the public songs in the game FC'd, which used to be much easier than it is now.

I think what would make more sense is either removing the FCs entirely and changing the token requirements, or make the FC stat separate from best score runs entirely. It's weird to improve scores on songs only to make my FC bar decrease.
Xtreme2252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:50 AM   #2
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Full Combo Stat?

agree

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 02:34 PM   #3
Guest15937
One-handed elite
FFR Veteran

Probably time we just changed "FC" to "AA" and make it 99% or something
Old 06-18-2015, 03:43 PM   #4
Trumpet63
Mostly Ignored
Skill Rating Designer
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

There's no reason we can't fix it... other then time and effort. So yeah, an FC still means something to some people, therefore we need to register it accurately.

That said, this isn't quick and easy, from what I understand. We'd have to either make a new table, or add a column to the existing one in the database... and then there's an engine side to it as well.

EDIT: Hopefully someone better-acquainted with the back-end than I can take a look at this.
2014 October 7th 1:03 AM

Zageron: Trumpet
Trumpet63: yes, im here
Zageron: You have a problem.

Last edited by Trumpet63; 06-18-2015 at 03:46 PM..
Trumpet63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 05:19 PM   #5
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

upon song completion

Code:
if(combo == total notes){
  if(get_fc_flag(song) != 0){
    set_fc_flag(song); //sets song's fc flag to true
  }
}
it's a simple bit of code really, but Trumpet is right -- it would require a new database column because currently I'm fairly certain the scores are checked through level ranks to give the # of FC's.

With Raw Scoring taking over, there is no way for the level ranks to know if you *at some point* FC'd a song, unless it was a flag set upon song completion if true. If your raw score is better than your FC score, it doesn't get saved and thus can't be checked by the server from the saved top scores.

Alternatively completely, there could be a Raw DB and a Combo DB that keeps your best score from both Raw and Combo and that FC count could still be drawn from levelranks, but then you're talking FAR more server load. The lesser evil is definitely creating another flag to be set, and putting the necessary code in the engines to flag it if you accomplish an FC on something.

//I could be missing some other better way to do it, but that's what I see.

Last edited by justin_ator; 06-18-2015 at 05:21 PM..
justin_ator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 05:30 PM   #6
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
I think what would make more sense is either removing the FCs entirely
I contest this suggestion due to the fact that when I was super bad at this game, the FIRST goal I set was to at least "FC" all songs. It was an easy enough goal for me and the satisfaction I achieved by seeing that "FC" in green made me feel like I was getting somewhere. I also use the "FC" tags on songs to know what songs I have not recorded for YouTube yet (I don't FC songs I haven't put on my channel yet) so I might be in a bind about posting anything other than skill scores (I prefer a mix of skill scores and just casual songs on my channel).

Maybe that specific token mentioned could be changed to 95% of songs. That way you don't have to go through trying to FC super high leveled stuff. Just spit balling there.
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class

Last edited by Rapta; 06-18-2015 at 05:35 PM..
Rapta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 05:43 PM   #7
badman7772
It happens for a reason.
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I'd say change the FC percentage to 90%. Today this would mean you need roughly 1560 FC's. I'm sure missing 173 songs FC wise wouldn't be that bad.

EDIT: If it is then perhaps getting 1000 AAA's would be another requirement.

Last edited by badman7772; 06-18-2015 at 05:45 PM..
badman7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:27 PM   #8
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

I think it needs to be changed, not sure what to

TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 12:26 AM   #9
sickufully
Sir Krisk
FFR Veteran

It would be cool if we could add a label for avgflag, missflag, booflag and omniflag. Like we have blackflag but for booflags it just says SDG. And I also agree with badman that 90% FC is adequate for the token. 99% is almost impossible now.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:37 AM   #10
SK8R43
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I say take them out entirely. With raw scoring they literally mean nothing anymore. Only thing that you need them for is a couple tokens, other than that they are pointless.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:44 AM   #11
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

You could also make it so when you FC a song, the FC never goes away. The only issue is that it would be an independant check from comparing if it's a better score or not.

Last edited by Hakulyte; 06-19-2015 at 12:48 AM..
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:17 AM   #12
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8R43 View Post
I say take them out entirely. With raw scoring they literally mean nothing anymore. Only thing that you need them for is a couple tokens, other than that they are pointless.
You're joking.

Old 06-19-2015, 10:24 AM   #13
SK8R43
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Nope, i'm not joking. They are pointless now. Since raw scoring takes over Fc's you're going to lose alot of them while you improve. No need for them anymore.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:31 AM   #14
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8R43 View Post
Nope, i'm not joking. They are pointless now. Since raw scoring takes over Fc's you're going to lose alot of them while you improve. No need for them anymore.
How can saying you didn't miss on a score be not worth it? If you are good enough to get a SDG worthy score with a miss; you are good enough to clean that miss up.

Also you are tad bit flawed. As you improve you may miss but get colossally better scores in PA (excluding misses) and it may take away a FC from you, but as you improve missing gets diminished anyways.

Here We Go token should be changed to 90%; FCs should be recognized as once FC'ing = Permanently FC'd although that itself is tricky but no other changes should be made to the FC system. FCs are not pointless; it is actually pointless to think that they are pointless.

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:37 AM   #15
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

It's pretty elitist as well to say that FCs don't matter. It's one of the most prestigious goals in any rhythm game ever to full combo a song, whether it means something or not.

Old 06-19-2015, 12:59 PM   #16
benny58624
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

FC's don't mean much for me on ffr. It is easy to mash and get a FC, like I did on "extratone pirates" for the token. Now after the raw scoring update, it is very easy to lose your FC so that stat is pointless.
It would be better if the game kept track of AA's instead. It is impossible to mash for AA's, so actual skill is required. After gaining an AA, it is impossible to lose it because a better raw score gives you at least an AA (not 100% sure about this but it seems logical).
benny58624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:57 PM   #17
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I like to think of this as "Let's not take things away from FFR, but let's add onto and improve them for a better experience instead!" I may just be a guy who doesn't like taking something away to make change, but that's kind of how I feel.

Zenith's idea sounds great: FCs should be recognized as once FC'ing = Permanently FC'd
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class
Rapta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 02:26 PM   #18
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I'll msg the other GMs and admins to see what they think, but I'm a fan of both having a bar that recognizes a full combo on a song as long as it's been done at least once, OR replacing the FC bar with one that tracks AAs (achieving at least 99% of the raw score possible for the file). Slight preference for the latter tbh since it doesn't endorse mashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno
One Winged Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 03:28 PM   #19
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

An AA stat tracker would be nice; though having FCs completely removed is an absurd request.

The FC counter being if 0 misses then FC so it stays there would also be nice but that again is a little tricky I'd assume.

While we are on the topic of AAs, how is the current % calculated and what is the lowest boundary of getting an AA? I got a 2-0-0-1 on Storm Raid Battle the other day and it recorded the score as "100.0%" AA, so that is particularly why I'm asking.

_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 04:13 PM   #20
benny58624
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

The % is the percentage of raw score that you have compared to the raw score of an AAA. It is probably rounded to the nearest 0,1. For example your 2-0-0-1 on Storm Raid Battle: your raw score is 118545, the AAA raw score is 118600. So you got around 99,9536%. This is closer to 100% than 99,9% so is rounded up.
benny58624 is offline   Reply With Quote