Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Critical Thinking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-4-2009, 06:25 AM   #1
8Shade8
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 8Shade8 Send a message via Skype™ to 8Shade8
Post Zeitgeist

Hello FFR. It has been awhile since I have been online due to my deployment to Iraq. Since I have been here I have experienced a lot. I have met new people, traveled to different parts of the world and spoken in different tongues.

I have met a lot of interesting people upon my travels. Some of the most interesting people you will meet are the Iraqis who create and sell "black-marketed" dvd collections. For instance, just today I bought four seasons of Naruto for approximately 25 USD. Last month I bought five seasons of House (not all of season five because it is still in the making) for 30 USD. The the men who sell these dvds are very experienced at their job and are very knowledgeable when it comes to movies.

Last month I bought a movie from a "Hajj Shop" (a typical dvd costs around 2 USD). This movie has opened my eyes to a greater truth. Not only has it done that, but it has taught me a new way of critical thinking. The movie that I speak of is called Zeitgeist, and can be downloaded for free at http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/index.html.

Zeitgeist the movie speaks of religion and government, and how religion is used to manipulate the people of any given government. It speculates about the U.S. Government and puts together a picture through critical thinking that should be taken into consideration in any political debate or discussion. I will keep my opinions about the movie and the U.S. Government to myself, considering I am in the Army, and it is not my place to speak negatively or positively about the U.S. Government due to my rank and position. However, I encourage all of you who read this post to watch the movie so as to gain a better understanding of the film maker's opinion, as well as to stimulate your critical thinking skills.

I would also like to establish this thread as the first official (there have been other threads created for this topic, however, they are a load of crap with no real thought process put into the comments made) critical-thinking discussion thread for the Zeitgeist movie and The Venus Project's actions. Please be open minded and mature when discussing the upcoming topics because, as we all know, when debates about religion and politics are mixed people can become hostile and agitated. I would like to remind everyone about this forum's "no flamming" policy. Stay focused, do your research before posting, and have fun.

People demand their freedom of speech, so as to avoid their freedom of thought. Keep the freedom you possess inherently, before someone else attempts to take it from you.

Last edited by 8Shade8; 06-4-2009 at 06:32 AM..
Old 06-4-2009, 07:19 AM   #2
NFD
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NFD
Default Re: Zeitgeist

You might also try

www.timecube.com

Sounds like your thing.
Old 06-4-2009, 08:06 AM   #3
dragonmegaXX
ITG playing fur
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Woah, I haven't seem the time cube since my old friend decided to troll my ass.

Nostalgia.
Old 06-4-2009, 10:37 AM   #4
gnr61
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to gnr61

lmfao zeitgeist
Old 06-4-2009, 10:42 AM   #5
Emo_Saur_
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Emo_Saur_

Zeitgeist is also all on youtube. Zeitgeist is amazing by the way, I've watched the whole thing three or four times.

http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/....php?Itemid=50 The main english page.

Last edited by Emo_Saur_; 06-4-2009 at 10:45 AM..
Old 06-4-2009, 10:58 AM   #6
Nu0n
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Nu0n

This is a great view of what could be. I think it is worth watching, although it may be bias.
Old 06-4-2009, 04:04 PM   #7
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

While the movie in itself provides extremely compelling correlations between religions power over people under government rule, I dislike the video for one reason being that I can't help but notice the subliminal direction it takes towards the audience. Very fascinating stuff though. For instance, the comparison of the suns movements during the winter solstice (if I remember the movie correctly) to the resurrection of christ and the hundreds of other gods who follow the same movement are almost too coincidental. I honestly can't add too much more to this, as I haven't seen the video in a good while, but perhaps I can find the time to watch it sometime this week to add my take on it should this thread become more active.
Old 06-4-2009, 09:29 PM   #8
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

The entire contents of that movie are based on spurious research, and very poor logic and reasoning, and have been entirely debunked by other people, who have in turn based various conclusions on spurious research, and very poor logic and reasoning only to be attacked using the same spurious logic and reasoning as earlier, by the same people.

Put another way: Every single claim forwarded in this film is so completely awash in a sea of illogical crap, that no reasonable discussion can possibly be put forward surrounding it.

To the OP: There's a reason why the other threads you may have found on this subject are locked.
Closed Thread