Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Profiles

View Poll Results: Do you like this idea?
Yes! 13 38.24%
Yeah...Sounds alright. 7 20.59%
Eh..I would not mind. 4 11.76%
I dont care. 5 14.71%
That does not sound like a good idea. 1 2.94%
NO! 4 11.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2008, 04:06 AM   #1
-KIDTHONG-
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to -KIDTHONG- Send a message via AIM to -KIDTHONG- Send a message via MSN to -KIDTHONG-
Default Something I think would be awesome to add to our FFR

CLOSED!

Last edited by -KIDTHONG-; 07-6-2008 at 11:14 AM..
-KIDTHONG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:15 AM   #2
Jerry DB
FFR, lift, repeat
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Something I think would be awesome to add to our FFR

I think your on to something with this. Maybe instead of bars there should be an official grading system.

Like instead of level 1, or level 3 or whatever you would have a ranking.

The lowest being newb and the highest being Laggy or whatever.

It's a good idea basically.
Jerry DB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:41 AM   #3
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Wow, I actually really like this idea.

This has some potential - though with Tier Points, this system is kind of already in place, don't you think?

Maybe if you can come up with a more detailed system...like exactly how levels are gained, more people would become interested.

I'm definitely for this idea though, and I would love to see an unconventional ranking system...something original and new.
foilman8805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:43 AM   #4
Hana-Sama hehe...
FFR Player

That sounds awesome.
Hana-Sama hehe... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:45 AM   #5
-KIDTHONG-
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to -KIDTHONG- Send a message via AIM to -KIDTHONG- Send a message via MSN to -KIDTHONG-

yeah foil your right about the tier system. i thought about that but you know the tier system is only good for people that are good. its not somthing for everyone yah know?
yeah i posted this because i need help on making it a better idea. somthing the admins would buy :]
Old 06-27-2008, 04:49 AM   #6
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin

Yeah, I understand. The TP system literally represents like 2.5% of the playing population, if that.

How would you do this system...would it be based on, say, experience? Like a AAA is worth 3 points, and a FC is worth 1 point, and levels are based on a point system?

For example:

Level 1: 0-10 points
Level 2: 10-30 points
Level 3: 30-60 points

...and so on. Tell us your ideas, man. This is your thread. =)
Old 06-27-2008, 04:53 AM   #7
wwwJ4mmYcouk
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I still like the idea of the charts to see what you have left to play, and to see what you have to FC, and AAA.

Μήπως πραγματικά πνιγεί;
wwwJ4mmYcouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:55 AM   #8
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin

That idea could easily be incorporated with this one.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:56 AM   #9
-KIDTHONG-
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Hmm.. that would make a level go to maybe an even number. instead of level 26. lol that point system would also give new songs a chance to break into the system alot faster. that sounds like an awesome idea lol.
SDG 2 points.
i kinda wanted people to be able to see if they are able to FC/AAA all this difficulty or something like that
Old 06-27-2008, 04:58 AM   #10
foilman8805
smoke wheat hail satin

I like the 2 point SDG. That would fit nicely right in between.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:42 PM   #11
Fractal_Monkey
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Idea 1 sounds interesting, and wouldn't really be any more difficult to implement than the current Tier Point system, since they're quite similar. It reminds me of a simpler version of that amateur tier system idea that was tossed around a while back.

Something I noticed: as new songs are added, the number of points available will be constantly increasing, and so regular tweaks of the level requirements would be needed. I'd suggest having the number of points you've got expressed as a proportion of the total number of points available, say out of 1000 for simplicity. Then work out the level requirements from that. That way the level requirements wouldn't need changing unless there was a sudden influx of really easy/hard songs.

Example: If there were 500 points on offer, and I had 225 points, my "rating" would be (225/500)*1000 = 450. My level would be whatever 450 corresponded to on the requirements list.

Also, are all songs given the same weight, in that a AAA of Free Space is just as valuable as a AAA of Frictional Nevada? Would you want to assign a greater weight to more difficult songs instead? If so, how about multiplying the point rewards by the difficulty of the song? For example, AAAing a 1 (Free Space) would give 3*1 = 1 point, SDGing a 9 (CIA Rave) would give 2*9 = 18 points, etc. This second idea's more of an afterthought though.

/unintentional hijack
Fractal_Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:07 PM   #12
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Keep the bars but add the level idea. It's like the teir system just sounds more forgiving.
Xx{Midnight}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:30 PM   #13
-KIDTHONG-
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Monkey View Post
Idea 1 sounds interesting, and wouldn't really be any more difficult to implement than the current Tier Point system, since they're quite similar. It reminds me of a simpler version of that amateur tier system idea that was tossed around a while back.

Something I noticed: as new songs are added, the number of points available will be constantly increasing, and so regular tweaks of the level requirements would be needed. I'd suggest having the number of points you've got expressed as a proportion of the total number of points available, say out of 1000 for simplicity. Then work out the level requirements from that. That way the level requirements wouldn't need changing unless there was a sudden influx of really easy/hard songs.

Example: If there were 500 points on offer, and I had 225 points, my "rating" would be (225/500)*1000 = 450. My level would be whatever 450 corresponded to on the requirements list.

Also, are all songs given the same weight, in that a AAA of Free Space is just as valuable as a AAA of Frictional Nevada? Would you want to assign a greater weight to more difficult songs instead? If so, how about multiplying the point rewards by the difficulty of the song? For example, AAAing a 1 (Free Space) would give 3*1 = 1 point, SDGing a 9 (CIA Rave) would give 2*9 = 18 points, etc. This second idea's more of an afterthought though.

/unintentional hijack
Yeah... Well it's easy enough for them to keep adding to this AAA/FC bar on your profile page then it should be easy to add the points to any system we make. If not then there should be another admin just for that cause.

I like that idea of multiplying... I was going to think about that more on though. Ill still add it to the ideas :]
Old 06-27-2008, 04:35 PM   #14
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Location: My own world. Miserable. Disgusting. Appalling. Pessimistic. Horrific. Terrible.
Send a message via AIM to Xx{Midday}xX Send a message via MSN to Xx{Midday}xX

More tiers for everyone.

Stats that should be considered:
AAA count
1 impurity count (boo/avg/good)
current Tier Point point system count
FC count
Overall FFR Rank
Average Levelrank
Skill token

Name the levels, consider how a player level can be calculated, and add graphics to them. Then, we can support you by critiquing.

Extension: How to make level requirements.
This is an arbitrary example, much in need of critiquing, but this could be the general idea.
50 FCs = 1 point (max 20 points ish) <- lost when impurified or AAAd
10 impurities = 1 point (max 100 points ish) <- lost when AAAd
5 AAAs = 1 point (max 200 points ish)
1 Tier Point not obtained from AAA count = 1 point (max 600 points ish)
Level Rank 1-10 = 100 points, Level Rank 11-50 = 75 points etc. -> Level Rank 500+ = 0 points (max 100 points ish)
Overall 1-10 = 100 points, Overall 11-50 = 75 points etc. -> Overall FFR Rank 1000+ = 0 points (max 100 points ish)
Skill tokens can each have their own points. Eien Meikyu would be like 0 while Otaku Oni would be like 10. (max 50 points ish)
Total max = 1100 ish

Further Extension: Status that appears below your custom title/ in siggys
<100 points = Rookie
101-300 points = Player
301-600 points = Pro
701-900 points = Master
901-1000 points = Guru
1000+ points = God

NOTE: These numbers are completely arbitrary. They might not even make sense. Someone can do the calculations and put proper numbers in their place. I'm just outlining possibilities.

If this idea proves to be worth while, feel free to put it on the first post.

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)

Last edited by Xx{Midday}xX; 06-27-2008 at 05:18 PM..
Xx{Midday}xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:08 AM   #15
-KIDTHONG-
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

after we find and work out this whole thing ill make a new post showing what we want and have a real vote. try to get the admins to see what the actual players want.

i want a system that has every song in it. that way if someone is better at another song it wont affect their points as much. also it will show someones overall stats better then any other system we have. the Average Rank system is a little messed up because who knows i could have made 100 accounts and AAA'ed this one song making someone who can only BF the song 100 ranks higher. somthing i have always wanted also is to know EVERY songs number of goods, averages, misses, ect.. i look at my average rank and i only see the rank. i know i could get an SDG on this song but i have no idea how many i have unless its on the Tier list. in other words there are alot of songs i know i can do better on i just dont know which ones.

Any system will work i would just like the system to be the most understandable and one that is most likely to help people realize where they are. help them get better in anyway. something to help them want to do better even.

I like your idea midnight but how many people would understand that. then again why would the admins add another tier system when there is already one out. we need something different that they would see we might need. maybe we just need a better tier system that all users could get into not one that only 500 players in this game could even handle.its not a bad system its just not for everyone.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:20 AM   #16
Fractal_Monkey
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

You're a subscriber, so you can look at the Beta level reader for a full breakdown of your scores. A regular user would have to look at their score on the level rank list, click the song link to find out the AAA score, and see if they're within 2475 of it (9 goods).

I think the main issue with the amateur tier system was that it was being called a tier system, and people somehow equated "tier system" with "only the best players". That, and the best players weren't being considered for it, as they had their own established system. Making it a level-based feature might help that. Say, Level 1 is "Newbie", and requires no points at all, and Level 50 is "FFR God", requiring a maximum score. 50 is just an arbitrary number I'm using, because it sounds like a nice round number.
Fractal_Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 05:25 AM   #17
Beethovens mask
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Fcing every song in a certain diffculty is not an easy task. It would be pretty hard to get your level up. I think the current system is well built. But good idea none the less.
Beethovens mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 06:45 AM   #18
-KIDTHONG-
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Monkey View Post
You're a subscriber, so you can look at the Beta level reader for a full breakdown of your scores. A regular user would have to look at their score on the level rank list, click the song link to find out the AAA score, and see if they're within 2475 of it (9 goods).
Yeah your right about that but i look at my level rank stats and i cant tell right off the bat that its an SDG or not. boos averages and anything messes up things. what if i got a score of an SDG but there was an average in there. thats one arrow i know i could do better on and get a good on. what about those that are not a sub. my sub is about to run out anyway's and i cant just keep buying years. its just a somthing we could make work with this idea. make things easier for people who dont know about most things.

I like the idea of a level all together. i think thats a good way to show people they are getting better or place them somewhere in a difficulty. if it was a rank and im rank 100 does that mean that i can AAA guru? when a level 50 would be able to.

if the pros want to keep there tier system then let them. why not make a noob one? it does not hurt anyone.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:25 AM   #19
retching oesophagus
(^._.^) =^-ω-^= (^・o・^)ノ
FFR Veteran

i think it's ok as it is. i find that AAA and FC bars are enough. if you get enough SDG on songs it will show in your average rank. i can see what Difficulty levels i have left to AAA/FC using beta level reader although not every one has that.

you could have a tier system for every song in ffr tho kind of what they do for current TP
AAA for a bginner song like Power gets you 1 pt
AAA a D4 you get 4 pts BF gets 3pts plain FC gets 2 pts
AAA a D12 you get 12 pts BF gets 10 pts 20G gets 8 pts FC gets 6 pts etc

something like that although you could make the points more fair

EDIT; this might have been covered in the amateur Tier system that was mentioned but it could be used for all players as the harder songs you AAA/FC the more points you get

Last edited by retching oesophagus; 06-28-2008 at 07:44 AM..
retching oesophagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 10:42 AM   #20
Xx{Midday}xX
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Location: My own world. Miserable. Disgusting. Appalling. Pessimistic. Horrific. Terrible.
Send a message via AIM to Xx{Midday}xX Send a message via MSN to Xx{Midday}xX

im not sure if my idea got washed or wasnt seen or w/e but. was it tl;dr'd?

Note: My layout of numbers makes most people fall in the Pro/Master range. Rookie level is easily graduated by getting some simple AAAs and decent FCs, while it's extremely hard to go above Master because your average levelrank/AAA count doesnt rise much anymore. I keep it so that all AAAs have equal value so that it becomes easier for Rookies to graduate their status and harder for Masters to graduate theirs. Masters need to either play a lot to raise their Overall (which is hard after 200ish), or get tier points. The idea of my layout was to have an accurate way of representing each player by his/her stats, yet keep a balanced way so that people don't complain that the requirements are too hard.

The problem with BF -> AAA raising so much levelrank is solved in two ways:
As I said before, it's made easier so a AAA on an easy song let's Rookies graduate their stats faster.
The points given out for average levelrank can be ranged/biased towards one direction. Besides, my current one says that any average levelrank above 500 is worth 0. Note, this is AVERAGE levelrank. Not each individual.

つまんないシグでスマソ(´・ω・`)

Last edited by Xx{Midday}xX; 06-28-2008 at 10:46 AM..
Xx{Midday}xX is offline   Reply With Quote