Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2009, 06:36 PM   #701
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall
Default Re: The PS3 Is Here.

Uncharted 2

Easily the best game on the PS3. If you liked Uncharted, the sequel will blow your mind away. Just completed it now, mind = blown. If you've never played the first one, it'll still blow you away. Worth the money, or just rent it, whatever, it doesn't matter. All that matters is if you have a PS3, you need to play this game. Promptly.

Thought the first game would be a hard act to follow but the sequel is 100 times better.

Gameplay is phenomenal. It's the same as Uncharted but with a few additional features in the hand to hand combat and stealth. The game is all gameplay as well, even the ****ing cutscenes, and it's not some crap QTE either. Some parts you're like, "Holy crap what the hell just happened that was INSANE". The only real cutscenes in the game are plot development ones, for example, "Look at this map we're going here". The game has something special if it's able to make you feel like you're watching a movie. It's so engrossing it's unbelievable and you're controlling this stuff every step of the way.

Speaking of engrossing the story is brilliant. There are a few dents in the few predictable and cliche moments but otherwise it's really something highly enjoyable to get deeper into. Of course the star of the show Nathan Drake makes this experience what it is. He's one of the best design characters in any game I've ever played. The guy could make the most mundane game seem outstanding to play. He's hilarious.

Graphically, this game is best right now on the PS3. Seriously I wouldn't be surprised if the game has the best graphics of any game out atm. I am thankful to have a HD TV as some of the places in the game are breathtaking. I couldn't help but just stare. I even got my parents to look. Just to show the closest person how visually stunning this game is.

The online is exactly what the game needed to keep it going, and I'm glad they spent so long making the game because of it. It's fantastic. The game now keeps a firm grasp on you with the hours of replay value. You never thought Uncharted would work so well online. Imagine a gears of war - but with characters that don't move like the titanic. Well just imagine uncharted, online. That's exactly what it is. It's awesome.

I'm running out of steam. It's the best game of 2009 k.
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:37 PM   #702
tofurox
Them arrows.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to tofurox

It can't be here already!!!! Don'y lie!?!?!

This sig has been enhanced by the FFR Staff for being too large. Thank you for participating.
tofurox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:53 AM   #703
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

Only 2 trophies I'm missing from UC2 are Hard difficulty and Crushing. I don't know if I'll play those modes, but it's still a fantastic game.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:43 AM   #704
Adamaja456
Absurd
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Adamaja456 Send a message via MSN to Adamaja456 Send a message via Yahoo to Adamaja456 Send a message via Skype™ to Adamaja456

thanks for the review seth. i played the UC2 beta back a during the summer and absolutely loved it. and so did my friend who has a PS3. i'm REALLY looking forward to playing co op with him. the game looks amazing.

582 Tier Points(Tier 3)
602 AAAs(517+23+62)
People who bought me subscriptions/tokens:
DrugstoreCowboy(1 month) ELRayford(3 months)
~GJampa(3 months) Jerry DB(3 months)
4th place in Gamewhore Competition(3 months)
Phynx(FGJ album and Dendrite V2)
dragon890x(1 year) Slide(1 year)
Adamaja456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:43 AM   #705
SONIC3388
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to SONIC3388

PS3 FTW! Killzone2 And Cod6 ;D
Old 12-13-2009, 02:04 PM   #706
goffballz
FFR Player

Modern Warfare 2 sucks so bad.
goffballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 03:07 PM   #707
CZarkou II
POLAND
FFR Veteran

Xbox FTW <3!
CZarkou II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:27 PM   #708
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goffballz View Post
you can go play your dream c club on xbox360
OneHandNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 06:29 PM   #709
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by goffballz View Post
What are you talking about. It may not be your preference but that is a VERY good FPS. Why does it suck?
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:54 PM   #710
goffballz
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHandNow View Post
you can go play your dream c club on xbox360
dont have one, but i'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
What are you talking about. It may not be your preference but that is a VERY good FPS. Why does it suck?
hmm, where to start.

multiplayer /end

it was also hyped up the bloody arse.

Last edited by goffballz; 12-15-2009 at 12:57 AM.. Reason: HYPED UP THE ****ING ASSHOLE!
goffballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:30 AM   #711
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

It sucks because the online multiplayer is so game-breakingly busted. Instead of being able to play effectively as any number of classes, I'm forced to carry a shotgun in order to deal with 'Witchbladers' (Commando, Marathon, Lightweight) who can pretty much teleport from 10 feet away to stab you. The same goes with the maps - they value strategic hold locations (see: camping spots) that means you can only use 1-2 different weapons per map in order to effectivley clear out each area. Teamwork is right out the window because Killstreak rewards are so incredibly overpowered that it actually benefits you to stay AWAY from clusters of your own teammates so that you can hoard benefits for yourself.

Not only that, the tactical nuke is a joke and something I expect the devs didn't expect so many people to get. It's incredibly unbalanced and just not very fun.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote