Old 01-13-2013, 10:57 PM   #1
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Default ZombiU

I received a Wii U for Christmas and recently bought ZombiU for it. For anyone out there that might not have heard of it, it's a survival zombie game by Ubisoft exclusive to the console. It happens to be the first horror game I am willing to play from start to finish, but damn... My heart is still racing, I have to tell you. :P

At first, it's not so bad. Kinda gory, but not filled with jump-scares or things like that. What's really scary when you play, though, is the fact your character has only one life. Whenever you die, you go back to the "safe house" and you go back to having an empty bag only with a gun, 6 bullets and a cricket bat. So when you're in a shady corridor, and hear "beep, beep, beep" on your radar and then a bunch of "UUUHHEEEEEOERRggghhh.... RHUUHRUUUHHRR...." you definitely feel the adrenaline pumping. But the more you play, the more the game takes a nasty pleasure overdriving your senses.

I died 25 times already on normal mode, which makes me a bad player for sure, but I'm practicing. The game in no way is easy. Every zombie is a serious threat. Here's the part I just finished, which, I'll be honest, had me on the edge of my seat and also made me want to quit (perhaps because I'm playing with headphones?)

(skip to 19:00-23:00 for the part I was talking about)

It's great to talk on Miiverse about the game as well, the community is really cool (and easy to scare, like me!)

Are any of you playing the game? Hesitating on getting it? Share your Nintendo IDs if you have any, too! (mine is felleg)

brb not sleeping well

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Last edited by MarioNintendo; 01-13-2013 at 11:02 PM..
MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:19 PM   #2
Senip
Forum User

Default Re: ZombiU

That looks really cool. Did they do anything interesting with the weird little controller?
Senip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:33 PM   #3
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

I think they balanced the use of the gamepad quite well. It's your map and radar, so you look on it to see where potential zombies are walking. You also use it to place your items, but you have to keep eyes on both screens because zombies keep coming if you open your backpack! They use just enough touch controls. Really, they've outdone themselves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:06 AM   #4
andy-o24
Private Messages, please.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to andy-o24

The guy playing is awesome. I love his personality and I'm not even half way through. Looks like a sweet game, but I don't imagine I'll be grabbing a Wii U for it.

-o24

When the game isn't fun for you anymore, take a break. It's not a job, nobody here is professional and getting paid to play and force themselves to constantly improve... it's a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashakiro View Post
Yeah, FFR is addicting...I don't think I'll get bored with this game unless I somehow become the best at it, which won't happen.
andy-o24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:49 PM   #5
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I mooched off someone's Wii U and played this game for a couple of hours. Definitely a lot of fun, in my opinion. I think of ZombiU as a cross between Resident Evil (1-3) and Condemned. I, too, am rather unskilled when it comes to the survival horror genre. I'll just claim that I want to make the games more exciting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
What's really scary when you play, though, is the fact your character has only one life. Whenever you die, you go back to the "safe house" and you go back to having an empty bag only with a gun, 6 bullets and a cricket bat
Have you noticed that, if you head to the location where your previous character died, you can kill the zombie version of the character and get your stuff back? Saved my ass a couple times.
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #6
DragonIIDX
Not dragon, but dinosaur
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to DragonIIDX

This game is pretty fun though I really suck at it. I did normal mode since I thought beginner would be too easy... I haven't played in a while because I've been busy with Paper Mario: Sticker Star, but I will for sure have to get into it again. For sure the best game for Wii U so far. (Until Rayman Legends comes out! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by clasko1000 View Post
banned for having an affair with peach
Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
d-guy and d-guy skype pals 10/15/13
Simfiles Updated 11/30/13
DragonIIDX is offline   Reply With Quote