Old 01-5-2008, 09:36 PM   #1
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GamerShadow
Default FFR: The Phantom Challenge

Hello everybody,

I have decided to create a tale based off of the Legendary Thread "ADMIN!". (Click to go to the thread if you have not read it yet. If you haven't read it yet, you probably won't understand this at all.)

Introduction and clearing up any confusion:
Basically, I am portraying the FFR forum and game as a world of it's own, with the people that visit the site as the citizens of the world. Basically, each board of the forum is a country. R1 gets it's own country as well. As for "dying", there are four ways that can happen. The first is plain dying. The second is getting banned by the "banhammer", which the FFR staff is allowed to use, but nobody else. Third way of dying is getting your account deleted, in which case you are gone forever. The final way is if a person loses the will to stay logged on, and returns to the real world, which in this story, will be referred to as the "other world". They will disappear, but they can come back if they decide to log back in.

I will be doing the dialouge and personalities of what I believe is to be 40 characters, so if I do not get your personality right, then I am sorry. I will be lurking a lot in order to get as accurate as possible.

Table of Contents:
Chapter 1: The Phantom Challenge
Chapter 2: TGB Meeting, really?
Chapter 3: TGB Army, ASSEMBLE!
Chapter 4: On the Border
Chapter 5: Chit-Chat Liberation Part 1
Chapter 6: Brag Board Under Attack!
Chapter 7: Engler vs Manti Part 1
Chapter 8: Engler vs Manti Part 2
Chapter 9: Dissension
Chapter 10: Setting an Example
Chapter 11: Chit Chat Liberation Final Part
Chapter 12: The Beginning of the End (Part 1)
Chapter 13: Ambush!
Chapter 14: Conflicting Past and Present
Chapter 15: The Militia Resistance
Chapter 16: One Falls; One Rises
Chapter 17: A Glimmer of Hope
Chapter 18: TGB vs The World
Chapter 19: Bitter Emotions; Elemental Clash
Chapter 20: Manticore Avenger
Chapter 21: The Ascension
Chapter 22:
Part 1: Power Beyond Containment
Part 2: December 30th, 2008
Part 3: December 30th, 2008
Part 4: December 30th, 2008
Part 5: December 31st, 2008
Part 6: December 31st, 2008
Part 7: January 1st, 2009
Chapter 23: January 1st, 2009
-------
False Ending:

Chapter 22:
Part 1: The Final Battle (False Ending) Part 1
Part 2: The Final Battle (False Ending) Part 2

Enough of this tl;dr crap, onto the first two "chapters"!
===================
Chapter 1:

“What the hell?” Engler halted and stood upon the dirt road, staring at his final destination for the day from afar. A strange sight had preoccupied him, and was demanding his attention. It was a sight that he had never laid his eyes upon before, and it was strangely dark and uninviting. Thick, black thunderclouds loomed overhead, silently gliding towards the challenge station under the otherwise clear night sky. The weather in the FlashFlashRevolution world was almost always sunny. It was a truly glorious place to live, and with its current population of 1.4 million, it certainly was bustling with activity each and every day. Although rain was a common sight among the denizens of the FFR world, thunderstorms were not.

Engler pocketed his challenge letters with a loud crumpling noise, and pondered on whether he should continue on or not. It wasn’t like this task was vital to his life; he had enough credits to last him at least another five years if his math was right. But, the journey to the challenge station had been long and tiresome, as any sixteen mile walk would be. So, Engler figured it was best to just add the challenges to the database, and begin the return trip before he got caught in the rare phenomenon that was beginning to crackle and flash with brilliant white light.

Engler strode down the dirt path that led to the challenge station, beginning to pick up his pace to a slow jog. The ominous thunderstorm was beginning to creep him out, and he wanted to get his business done as soon as possible. Upon approaching the door, Engler shuffled his hand through his left pocket, and took out the crumpled envelopes that were his current challenges. A sudden boom from the now overhead thunderstorm made Engler jump, and with adrenaline pumping through his body, he jerked open the door, raced inside, and slammed it shut, causing a boom to resonate through the small building.

It took Engler a few seconds after catching his breath and calming himself down to realize that nobody was inside. Not even the employees that worked here. Engler checked his watch. 9:24 PM stared back at him. “This is strange,” Engler mused, “The challenge station doesn’t close until 9:30. Maybe they left early? If that’s the case, then I guess I should just deposit my challenges in the inbox, and wait an extra night for them to be sent.”

Engler uncrumpled his challenges, and smoothed them out on the mahogany countertop that contained the inbox slit. He remembered to flip the envelopes upside down, so that the name of the person receiving the challenge would be on top. One by one, Engler quietly inserted the envelopes, listening to the sound of the paper sliding against the hard, thick wood. As the last challenge was being slipped in, Engler noticed that there was no recipient on the back of the envelope. “No big deal,” he thought, “the staff will probably find it, and dispose of it.”

As Engler began to turn around, there was a grand flash of light, and a sudden explosion of sound as lightning shot down from the heavens and hit the challenge station. The roof was blown apart in an instant, and fragments of wood and metal began to rain down on the ground. Engler was thrown back by the force of the blast, and landed on the ground hard. After a few moments, Engler stood back up with moderate difficulty. He noticed that his left leg had a few wooden shards in them, and the entire left side of his leg was already caked with blood. His whole body was numb with pain and shock, and thinking straight was becoming a challenge.

As Engler continued his efforts at regaining his balance and orientation, he saw a vague shape forming. At first, it appeared to be a circle, but after a few moments, it molded itself into a ghost-like shape. First, arms appeared, then hands from that, and then the fingers. A head popped up on top of the circle, but there was no face as of yet. A tail began to form below the bottom of the shape, slowly extending its way towards the broken floor. It slowly shifted from a clear color to a shade of indigo, and the mysterious phenomenon was beginning to appear more solid. Finally, a face popped up on the head. The mouth was wearing a wicked smile; the fangs only assisted in making the thing appear to be a nightmare from some fantasy world. It’s eyes were blood red, and they glowed in the dark night.

“Yes!” boomed a deep voice that even made the burliest of men sound like sissies in comparison, “I have been freed from my prison! Who was the one that summoned me from the void?”

Engler had not the strength to speak. He merely raised his hand, trembling like an earthquake. His eyes were now wide with fear, and it was getting more difficult still to stand, let alone digest what was going on. He tried with all his might to stay conscious, and he began to flee, limping and dragging the dead leg that was now almost entirely caked with blood on the steel floor.

“Aha!” The voice started, “So you are the one who set me free! Your body will be one of great use to me, mortal.” The ghost-shaped entity swooped down upon his fleeing prey, and had no trouble conquering the weakened mind of the injured Engler as he rolled on the floor yelling and flailing to the best of his ability, trying to resist. After a second, the body ceased moving, and an indigo steam began emitting from it. The dried blood hissed as it melted off the body and dripped onto the floor. The wooden shards in the legs popped out one by one, and the wounds that they had caused closed up and healed like magic. Other scratches on the body simply disappeared. Then, the mist stopped rising altogether.

The phantom Engler rose up onto its feet with its head down, and its arms relaxed, hanging straight downward. Then, in the moment of silence between thunderclaps, the phantom Engler began to chuckle. The chuckle grew in a steady crescendo into a laugh, which then was amplified as the phantom Engler raised its head to the sky, its arms extended in the same direction.

================================
Chapter 2:

The gold rays from the sun shone in SethSquall’s room, hitting the faded carpet that once displayed the FFR arrow, in every color. As Seth subconsciously rolled to his left in order to prevent the light from waking him up, the boom box that doubled as an alarm clock that was located just inches from his ear began to blast “MAX Forever” at maximum volume. Not only did this cause Seth to literally leap out of bed, and smash his head against the ceiling, it also caused the speakers in the alarm clock to blow out, which meant a very poor sound system until he could get a new boombox. Still, that meant credits out of his pocket.

Having been woken up from the head smash, Seth took less time than normal in getting dressed, devouring breakfast, and the like. He descended down the staircase connecting the ground floor with the second floor, and opened the front door with a bit of excitement, hoping to see the ordered package that would contain his new goggles. Instead, he was greeted with a gigantic flame dancing just inches from his face. Seth jumped back, and almost banged his head on the ceiling once again before realizing that it was just Tibs pulling another of his witty pranks.

Tibs had obviously been setting up this trick for all of two minutes, which for somebody so witty, was an awfully long time. He chuckled to himself as he finished his latest prank by jumping over all five of the steps that led to Seth’s front door, and roaring in his face before laughing out loud.

Seth, having been frightened two times too many already, was none too happy with the result of the prank. He raised his left eyebrow as he wiped his face with his right sleeve to remove any sweat and debris from the fire and the head smash, respectively. Before he could slam the front door in Tibs’s face and get some payback, he was greeted by Tibs with a formal “Hello.”

For Tibs, that was a bit out of the ordinary. Whenever Tibs used “hello”, or “greetings” to begin a conversation, it meant that there was business. Seth picked up on this right away, and simply replied with, “Don’t tell me there’s another meeting.”

“I’m afraid so.” Tibs responded, once again trying hard to not joke around, “I hear that Specforces wants the whole TGB army to show. Anybody that doesn’t show up today gets a GBban.”

“What?” Seth was beginning to question the sanity of the TGB army’s commander, “Well, in that case, I guess we’d better get over there.” He shrugged, and then added, “Is everybody else already over there?”

Tibs’s face appeared as if it was ready to explode. Never had he had to exert this much effort to stifle a laugh, and to hold back such a great joke he had just deviated in his mind. But, after a few seconds, his mighty endeavors allowed him to stay on track. “It’s one o’clock,” Tibs started, “The meeting’s already started.”

“Okay then.” Seth finished as he swung the front door to his house shut, locking it afterwards, “We’d best be off.”

“Yeah yeah,” Said Tibs as they walked down the street towards the TGB Army HQ.

Just above the front door, a silent boy stood, everything other than his chocolate colored eyes and hair submerged in shadows, which was keeping him hanging upside down above where Seth had stood whilst conversing with Tibs. Without a word, the head sank into the shadow, which began following the two TGB denizens.
==================

Comments would be appreciated. Thank you! =)

Sincerely,

GamerShadow

Last edited by GamerShadow; 01-4-2009 at 01:22 PM.. Reason: Update
GamerShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-5-2008, 09:50 PM   #2
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2
Default Re: FFR: The Phantom Challenge

Read, Like, want more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-5-2008, 10:13 PM   #3
irishknight
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Very nice story. I want to read the rest.. xD

By the way, at the time, FFR's population was 1.2 Million.

I hope Engler reads this, lol. It's basically a story about him.
Old 01-6-2008, 01:57 AM   #4
meno_rocks123
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to meno_rocks123

Just sent a challenge to noone.
It said "enter a username" first, but when I retried with no username in it worked.
This story = awesome
meno_rocks123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-6-2008, 02:51 AM   #5
MystictheHedgehog
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I enjoyed the thread, and this story as well.
MystictheHedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-6-2008, 03:35 AM   #6
shadow 1800
I can't think of anything
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to shadow 1800

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno_rocks123 View Post
Just sent a challenge to noone.
It said "enter a username" first, but when I retried with no username in it worked.
This story = awesome
oh no your going to crash ffr!
Old 01-6-2008, 09:36 AM   #7
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Wow. I never expected this much positive feedback. =D Chapter 3 will be finished today, I promise. Basically, Specforces and quite a few other people make their appearances here.

If you are not in the story, chances are I forgot about you, or you don't play a huge part. I have to do quite a few people, so I might have to limit the cast a bit.

People confirmed for Ch.3:
Spec, TheRapingDragon, Tokzic, Wilkin, Jewpin, Guidohunter, Seth, Tibs, Jurs, Afrobean, Grandiagod, tps, Chromer, Moogle-Master, lord_carbo, mead1
That's 16 people, 14 of which are new to the story. And this is but TGB.

One more thing before I get off my Wii: I will be needing a lot of names that sound n00bish. This is for later chapters; but I need a lot of names. If you find any good n00b names, can you please post them here? It would help me immensly. =) Thanks.
Old 01-6-2008, 01:01 PM   #8
chuckey
FFR Player

great story. i want to read the rest. lol you can use my name.

JESUS LOVES YA!!!!!!!!!!!!

chuckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-6-2008, 01:14 PM   #9
jugglinguy
Use me as a porta-potty
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerShadow View Post
One more thing before I get off my Wii: I will be needing a lot of names that sound n00bish. This is for later chapters; but I need a lot of names. If you find any good n00b names, can you please post them here? It would help me immensly. =) Thanks.
pwntacu1ar
ugot0wnd
xxxsuperhottayxxx
cookay!
Narutard_4_lyfe
damanwithdaskillz
golden_black_emo46
I_slit_my_wrists_4_fun
etc. etc.

You're Aja Leith of the Holograms! You're very exotic, intelligent and sophisticated.
jugglinguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-6-2008, 01:38 PM   #10
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Dunno how many more you need.

xxH03xx, damanwithdaskillz, mitchtyler, ty77le77r77, gabgabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-6-2008, 02:15 PM   #11
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Thank you. That should be enough for now. I will look for other names if I need more.

Without further ado, Chapter 3!

Chapter 3:

“TGB Army,” Shouted a rather large and muscular man, “ASSEMBLE!”

At once, the perfect ranks and files were formed. Members lined up in perfect order; nobody was out of place by even a centimeter. Nobody moved, and nobody dared to breathe. They all knew that their commander required perfection, and anything less was unspeakable. They simply stood as soldiers should stand, awaiting their commander’s next words.

Specforces stood upon the platform that raised him above all the other members. He stared them all down, one by one, looking for any movement that was not authorized. The veterans, located in the front, were not fazed by their commander’s usual routine, but the new recruits began to sweat with nervousness. However, even they had been trained to follow every last order given to them, or risk being banned. Once Specforces’s eyes fell upon the last row, he saw that two soldiers were missing. Instantly he knew.

About two-hundred feet away from the building, Seth and Tibs froze in fear as they heard their names being bellowed from Specforces’s mouth out of sheer rage. Now they had done it. They darted towards the building, Tibs transforming his legs into those of a dragon’s in order to increase his stride and reach the building before Seth could even make it halfway.

Perfect order was shattered as Tibs burst into the meeting room, shifting his legs back to normal before Specforces could even notice. Every head turned towards the door, and their eyes focused in like lasers on Tibs, who was beginning to get worried in the high-pressure situation. Before Tibs could gather the courage to say anything, Specforces began his relentless verbal assault.

“Well, Tibs,” Specforces had a way of starting small, then gradually becoming harsher, “You do recall that you had exactly 25 minutes to find SethSquall, am I right?”

Tibs gulped nervously, and replied a bit shakily with, “Sir, yes, sir.”

“And how long has it been since I sent you, Tibs?”

Tibs knew this was coming. “Twenty-six and a half minutes, exactly, sir.”

Specforces’s face began to appear more and more menacing. His eyes widened, his eyebrows pointing at the pure black pupils, and he raised his head by a small degree. Tibs was most likely about to get blown out of the building by the force of Specforces’s voice alone when SethSquall hustled by Tibs, and tried to sneak into his spot in the ranks. But Specforces saw all. “SethSquall,” He switched targets, his eyeballs shifting by a puny margin to the left, “And exactly WHERE WERE YOU?!” He bellowed once again, and some of the newer recruits looked at each other in fear.

Seth had no answer. He knew that he had overslept, and had forgotten to change his alarm. He also knew that Specforces would not accept any excuses he made. So, Seth decided to hang his head low and say nothing. Strangely enough, Specforces seemed to calm down at the sight of this, and simply finished with, “Just get into your spot, both of you. Do not slow us down like that again.”

Both Seth and Tibs did as they were told, shuffling along into their respective spots in the once again perfect square of TGB Army soldiers.

“Now,” Specforces resumed the meeting as soon as the soldiers were quiet, “Chit Chat, as you know, has been infested with scum, once again. I want this to end. For good. We are the TGB Army, and we will take it upon ourselves to fix this mess. I want the battle to be quick, with the fewest losses possible. I will absolutely NOT tolerate failure. Do you understand?”

“YES!” resounded the soldiers,

“Very good,” Specforces smiled, “Are there any questions?”

“I have a few,” called out a voice with which many were familiar with.

“You may speak, TheRapingDragon.” Specforces replied, being somewhat interested in what Reaper had to say.

“You say we can end this battle swiftly and decisively,” started Reaper, “But I doubt you are telling us the truth. We, however powerful we are, are far outnumbered. Not to mention we will be fighting in foreign lands, and-”

“You dare to doubt the power of this army?” Specforces knew this wasn’t the time for anger, but he also knew he had to assert some motivation into his speech, “You do not believe we can defeat the noobs who reside in Chit Chat? They are weak, soldier, and they are worthless to us. We will take no prisoners, and we will not hold back, or stop fighting until our job is done. The scum will be eliminated, for we are the TGB ARMY!”

Reaper smiled at this comment, “Very well then,” He said, “I am with you all the way.”

“I like to hear that,” Specforces replied, smiling as well, “Now, Wilkin and Tokzic will be telling you what you are to be going up against. Wilkin! Tokzic! Get up here!”

Two young men exited from their spots in the perfect square, and proceeded up the steps on either side of the platform leading to where Specforces stood. The first to speak was Wilkin, who’s symmetrical, jet black hair actually made him stand out in a crowd. He advanced over to Specforces’s left, and raised his left arm up as far as he could. “This,” Wilkin pointed to his arm which was extended into the air, “Is the exact height of our tallest unit in this army, Jewpinthethird.” Jewpin smiled from his spot in the square, being noticeably taller than the rest of the other soldiers. Wilkin lowered his arm to about half the height of what it one was, which went to about his shoulder. “This is their tallest man. Every single one of our men is taller than their tallest fighter. This is not a fight. It is a slaughtering.”

Tokzic then took advantage of the momentum created by Wilkin, and looked through the crowd. “I would appreciate it if Jurs, Afrobean, Grandiagod, tps, Chromer, Moogle-Master, lord_carbo, and mead1 were to come up at this point.” Tokzic waited as the seven people who had been called up ascended up the steps from both sides, and stood next to Tokzic. “These,” He started, pointing to each of the six soldiers, “Are your veteran recruits. They have had experience squashing noobs day in, and day out in wars past.” He pointed to Jurs, “Jurs, tell me, have you ever been touched by a noob? Ever? At all?”

Jurs smiled and projected her voice with a powerful, “No.”

“I see,” Tokzic continued as he pointed to the rest of the men, “What about you six? You also have never been touched by one of these noobs?”

They answered as one, “Never.”

Specforces then pointed to Guidohunter, who had been standing in his mech suit in the back-right corner of the room. “He will be escorting you to the Chit Chat border. I will meet you there tonight, and we will attack upon my arrival. We shall strike into the very center of chit chat, and eradicate every last noob who dares defy THE TGB ARMY!”

The whole room exploded in cheer as the meeting was adjourned, and all but Specforces and had left the room. He was cleaning up the floor from all of the mud and dirt that the fellow TGB Army soldiers had tracked in. Suddenly, he felt a nearby presence. “Come out, GamerShadow,” He said without turning or moving, “I know you’ve been lurking there for quite a while.”

“I suppose I must then.” A voice responded as a thin strand of shadows dropped from the ceiling, and reformed into the brown haired, brown eyed boy from before.

“Although lurking is not against the law, I would rather appreciate it if you actually made your presence known throughout the community. You might scare people.” Specforces commented.

“Although they do not act natural when they know I am near,” GS replied, “And I do not wish to upset the ways of the army. You have done so much for FFR in the past, and I would hate to be the one to end that reputation.”

After a slight pause, Specforces finally dismissed him with a, “Very well. You may go. And remember to bring me whatever you have gotten once this is over. Ok?”

“Ok.” GamerShadow grinned as he sank into the ground, disappearing from the room altogether.

====================
Edit:

Predicted Cast for Chapter 4:
GuidoHunter, Specforces, Tibs, SethSquall, TheRapingDragon, tps, Jurs, Moogle_Master, Afrobean, Engler, blazze, DarkManticoreX2, KgZ, MixMasterLar, and many others...

Last edited by GamerShadow; 01-6-2008 at 02:37 PM..
GamerShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-6-2008, 04:55 PM   #12
Engler
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

What can I say? I'm flattered :].
Old 01-6-2008, 07:03 PM   #13
Specforces
Yes
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Specforces

I love it, you're amazing, please make more. I am an attention whore, so you're gaining all kinds of points right now.
Specforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-6-2008, 07:27 PM   #14
ELRayford
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Good reading, more please
ELRayford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-6-2008, 07:34 PM   #15
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

School starts tomorrow, obviously, so I will not have nearly as much time as I did today to write the next Chapter. (Yes, I am writing these as I go, but I laid out the plot before hand.)
Old 01-6-2008, 09:59 PM   #16
Raveren
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Raveren

Great story keep 'em coming, you got me hooked.
Old 01-7-2008, 10:57 AM   #17
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz

Bwahaha. Hilarious. I wish I was cool enough to be part of the story
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
All_That_Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-7-2008, 01:19 PM   #18
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

my story self is badass

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-7-2008, 02:10 PM   #19
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds

I am NEVER in these friggin' things.

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-7-2008, 02:32 PM   #20
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds View Post
I am NEVER in these friggin' things.
I voted for you Best Overall Poster of '07. Does that make you feel better?
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
All_That_Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote