Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you think I'm doing a good job as staff?
No 44 58.67%
Yes 31 41.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2004, 02:19 PM   #21
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardish
you'll insult the person who made it lockable while you're doing so
yes. sometimes what should be a "firm talking to" becomes you biting their head off and yelling/flaming them. or, when you see a n00b post something incredibly retarded, you'll leave it open to flames for a day or two to teach them a lesson. i personally dont like that. i'd much rather see you just tell them what they did wrong and lock the topic like the other mods do. it's one thing if they do something obviously wrong, like post-whore anywhere but the garbage bin, but if they ask a dumb question, give them a break. they're probably new, and shouldnt be yelled at unless they keep it up.

this is a test to see if it says that lil message that speak of below

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
evilbutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 02:23 PM   #22
DeepBlueSea
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to DeepBlueSea

Arch you are doing a great job.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:42 PM   #23
Takisho
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to Takisho

I think he does alright, except he always does that "Arch Edit" thing, and that seems a little abusive of his powers. Like on one of RobbyZero's posts he wrote "HYPOCRITE ALERT", and that didn't seem a very "mod-like" thing to do.
Takisho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 02:50 PM   #24
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

I don't think Arch really editted their posts. Wouldn't it have said "post last edited by Arch0wl editted 1 time total"? You know what I'm talking about. That thing it says when someone edits their posts.

Oh well, I think Arch is doing a pretty good job, but what do I know? I really haven't been here that long (compared to the rest of you)
Old 05-18-2004, 02:53 PM   #25
Takisho
FFR Player

Yeah, but sometimes I can edit my posts without it saying that =\
Old 05-18-2004, 03:16 PM   #26
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Being brutally honest is still being honest. I like Arch as an admin because he will do what's right in his moderation and make sure you don't make the same mistake again.

I think the editing thing doesn't show up if you do it almost immediately after posted, or maybe before someone else posts. Not too sure on this one.

~Squeek
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 03:21 PM   #27
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

Why should an evaluation of how Arch is doing be an admin-only thing? They're not the only ones that get affected whenever he does something, you know.

I haven't had any problem yet.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Kilgamayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 03:36 PM   #28
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

^^see my above post^^

the thing does show up if you edit it later. i will edit this post in a minute to see if it does this as well. but i do think he edits some posts, which is definitly an abuse of power. then again, if i was a mod (it's happened before, it may again, u never know) i would probably push the limits a lil at least.

looky here, i edited. now, let's see if it says the lil message....

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

Old 05-18-2004, 03:39 PM   #29
User6773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
I don't think Arch really editted their posts. Wouldn't it have said "post last edited by Arch0wl editted 1 time total"? You know what I'm talking about. That thing it says when someone edits their posts.
Not on these forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrESqueek
Being brutally honest is still being honest. I like Arch as an admin because he will do what's right in his moderation and make sure you don't make the same mistake again.
There's a not-so-fine line between honesty and insulting. Admins aren't just there to keep the peace, they're there to be role models for the community too. Meaning intelligent, helpful, non-flaming posters.
Old 05-18-2004, 03:42 PM   #30
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

He doesn't edit posts for no good reason. Usually it's to take away an ugly font color or fix a mistake or point something out or something. I think the only "edit for the sake of editing" was to one of Robby's posts recently.

You might want to be careful about doing that, though, Arch - you know what happened to twen at BMS.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Kilgamayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 03:44 PM   #31
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Wouldn't it have said "post last edited by Arch0wl editted 1 time total"? You know what I'm talking about. That thing it says when someone edits their posts.
Not on these forums.
yes it does. look at what i posted right before you.

Old 05-18-2004, 04:14 PM   #32
tristia
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tristia

ive edited posts where it doesnt say that i edited them, but thats just me.
and to stay on topic, i havent personally had a problem with arch, but again... i would probably think 87x has it right.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:19 PM   #33
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

The Robby thing was supposed to be humorous.. but whatever. If you only want my edits to be serious then fine.

I leave topics open for a bit before locking them sometimes, because in my opinion, and based on my experience over all the message boards I've been to over the years (which totals up to a high double digit number), people who post stupid topics like that have no respect for the mods if it's just locked. They think we're pushovers who will never really do anything to them or that the only thing we can do is lock their topics.

I know this because I used to think the exact same way, and in a case of a lot of message boards the mods are pushovers.
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 04:22 PM   #34
RobbyZero
FFR Player

Quote:
The Robby thing was supposed to be humorous.. but whatever. If you only want my edits to be serious then fine.
It didn't bother me I actually did laugh I just didn't want my posts edited fool XD
RobbyZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 04:32 PM   #35
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristia
ive edited posts where it doesnt say that i edited them, but thats just me
it only shows up if it's edited before anybody else posts after it (i have checked and confirmed this)

about post editting. i think any edits done to posts should never change the original words of the post (unless it's offensive or it talks about secret songs XP). if you do edit somebody's post, just put "EDIT:" underneath. this is what u do usually, i think, but i'm pretty sure sometimes the original post gets changed. in fact, i think any if someone edits their own post they should put "EDIT:" at the bottom so people will notice the change.

but i must say, Arch may seem strict here, but man, he is alot tougher on his own boards.

Old 05-18-2004, 05:23 PM   #36
tnyhwk900
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to tnyhwk900

Arch is doing an excellent job, foos. All the topics he locks deserve it IMO. I've really enjoyed the forums now that he is uber-weeding out the n00b posts. gj, Arch!
Old 05-18-2004, 05:39 PM   #37
Takisho
FFR Player

I don't mind the "Arch edits", but you do it alot. It just seems like you're abusing your "special magic powers."

Edit: Nothing against you personally Arch, I think you're cool. I'm just saying.
Old 05-18-2004, 05:45 PM   #38
User6773

Sorry, but Kenzya did NOT deserve the kind of treatment Arch gave him. Kenzya posts a video that is only 99% believable, and people give him crap about the 1%. Just because Kenzya didn't cover all his bases doesn't mean he is definitely a fake. He gets upset about it and announces that he quits, and so Arch decides to ban him from the brag board in effect - I'll let the quotes speak for themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl
Hahahaha Kenzya cut the stupid dramatic bullshit, and stop trying to make people feel sorry for you.
If I see another one of your posts of something else you did, I'm deleting it. If you're quitting, just leave.
You said you're quitting like 50 times.
Since you haven't, I'll make you quit by locking this topic. Don't bring it up again.
Sorry, that's not moderation. Arch is a great poster and a great person, but that's not being moderate. That's unnecessary abuse of power.

Nothing personal Arch....you asked for constructive criticism. Cool it down on the "moderation".
Old 05-18-2004, 06:07 PM   #39
hydrojakep
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to hydrojakep Send a message via AIM to hydrojakep Send a message via MSN to hydrojakep Send a message via Yahoo to hydrojakep

Arch, i like you more as a forum member than as a moderator. You are a little bit abusive of your powers. Tone down on the banning and Critizim and you'll be fine.
It took a long time for a super spammer hax to get banned, but you ban newcomers like its no thing.
But, you do keep the forums in order, and your not as abusive as some mods on other forums.

Nothing against you, just your strictness.

hydrojakep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 06:11 PM   #40
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

Arch does an awesome job. My only complaint is when he locks a thread because it's going to become a posthworing thread. If it were me, I would let become a postwhore thread first before locking it.

But Arch does an awesome job.
Omeganitros is offline   Reply With Quote