Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2016, 10:17 AM   #1
Arky1101
FFR Player

Default Why am I still unranked?

I have 1452 games played at the moment i'm writing this. I don't understand why is my level still n/a as well as my rank. Can somebody explain to me how this works? I've read somewhere that you have to clear at least 50 songs to get a rank, but I've done that. I got FC on most, do they all have to be AAA or something? I mostly play harder songs that I know I can't get a FC on because they are more fun, so I don't have many songs passed, but its still over 50. Please tell me how this works.

Edit: Literally after I wrote this and played one more game I got my level and rank. I would still like to know how it works tho. Also I have a question about dissapearing of FC on certain songs I know I had FC on. Why does that happen?

Last edited by Arky1101; 05-14-2016 at 10:25 AM..
Arky1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 10:32 AM   #2
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Why am I still unranked?

"Also I have a question about dissapearing of FC on certain songs I know I had FC on. Why does that happen?"

I think you got a score like xxxx.40.0.1.17 and then got a score like xxxx.20.2.0.10

Your FC was an FC but your new score had a better score so it saved the better score and you "lost" the FC title for the song until you get another better FC than your current non FC score that was better than the last FC score.
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class

Last edited by Rapta; 05-14-2016 at 11:08 AM..
Rapta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 10:34 AM   #3
Arky1101
FFR Player

Oh yea... That makes sense. A shame tho, I felt so proud after getting a few of those FCs
Old 05-14-2016, 10:36 AM   #4
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

FCs aren't important

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
SKG_Scintill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 10:36 AM   #5
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

You're currently rank #16,177 (which is considered unranked (?))
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...rname=arky1101

"I think" you're considered "unranked" in the leaderboard because you still have 0 'Tier Points'. (can someone confirm that?)

It seems like you've never visited your own public levelranks as well which I did for you by going here: (you should notice that you have a stats bar in profile now)

Note that you can click "Tier Points" under the stats bar to look at songs that gives you Tier Points, but also for updating it once you get some.

I think the moment you get your first Tier Point, you will get promoted to Tier 0 and start getting your FFR Rank tracked which will give you a number instead of "unranked".

Edit: Do we have some wiki or guide about how this works? I gtg work, but if someone can look that up, it would be nice.

Last edited by Hakulyte; 05-14-2016 at 10:43 AM..
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 10:37 AM   #6
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
FCs aren't important
Be quiet. When I was a nubcake, the day I started going for FC's was the day I truly started on the path for D7. It means the world to me still, even though it's only in memory now (because I don't play anymore).

edit: maybe not important towards game achievements but important towards personal achievement.

double edit: exhibit A:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky1101 View Post
I felt so proud after getting a few of those FCs
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class

Last edited by Rapta; 05-14-2016 at 10:41 AM..
Rapta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 10:48 AM   #7
Arky1101
FFR Player

Thank you very much for the quick answer guys. Especially Hakulyte.
Old 05-14-2016, 10:59 AM   #8
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

You are ranked as of what I'm looking at right now (your leaderboards) at 15,453 and Level 14.

I believe you needed x amount of unique plays (not the same song played multiple times) but I forget how much that amount is.

EDIT: Maybe it's x amount of unique and x amount of total songs played, there's a post somewhere on the forums about when skill rating came out with the leaderboards.

EDIT2: Yeah it's that first edit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapta View Post
Rank 9 is currently Velocity, and: "Velocity has insufficient games played (< 250 games played and < 50 unique songs passed)" Is this right?

Last edited by _Zenith_; 05-14-2016 at 11:11 AM..
_Zenith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 12:54 PM   #9
PrawnSkunk
Administrator
User Administrator
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
I believe you needed x amount of unique plays (not the same song played multiple times) but I forget how much that amount is.

EDIT: Maybe it's x amount of unique and x amount of total songs played, there's a post somewhere on the forums about when skill rating came out with the leaderboards.

EDIT2: Yeah it's that first edit
We went away with requiring X amount of unique and total songs played when we introduced Levels, so players could start tracking their progress immediately. Thank you for reminding me to remove that error message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky1101 View Post
I have 1452 games played at the moment i'm writing this. I don't understand why is my level still n/a as well as my rank. Can somebody explain to me how this works? I've read somewhere that you have to clear at least 50 songs to get a rank, but I've done that. I got FC on most, do they all have to be AAA or something? I mostly play harder songs that I know I can't get a FC on because they are more fun, so I don't have many songs passed, but its still over 50. Please tell me how this works.
You can update your rank by visiting your levelranks, or update ranks from the Leaderboard dashboard.

We chose not to update ranks automatically, because the request takes ~15 seconds to process, and would cause significant server load if we recalculated skill rating after every song. There is a better solution to this, and I am trying to do away with manually updating.
PrawnSkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 02:43 PM   #10
Zexlinn
FFR Player

i have the same problem
Zexlinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 08:40 PM   #11
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexlinn View Post
i have the same problem
Your scores are updated, they're just level 0 scores at the moment.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 04:34 AM   #12
SK8R43
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapta View Post
Be quiet. When I was a nubcake, the day I started going for FC's was the day I truly started on the path for D7. It means the world to me still, even though it's only in memory now (because I don't play anymore).

edit: maybe not important towards game achievements but important towards personal achievement.

double edit: exhibit A:
I mean....when i first started, i had no rhythm gaming experience and didnt really care about fcs. I had MAYBE 30 before i started going for aaas. I feel like fcs mean nothing nowadays more than before with raw scoring. Id rather take a sdg with misses than something like 20g fc.
Even to this day i couldnt care less about an fc. Here we go isnt a goal of mine since ive already played it and it isnt worth mashing for fcs haha. Moral of the story, aaas and tier points are all that really matter nowadays. Thats why levels go by top 10 best scores and the closer to the aaa the higher your level.

Last edited by SK8R43; 12-24-2018 at 04:39 AM..
SK8R43 is offline   Reply With Quote