Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 10:26 PM   #1
SocoNhydro420
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to SocoNhydro420
Default SocoNhydro's Tournament of Eternity

Welcome!

Do you have an unquenchable thirst for competing in tournaments? Hate waiting around for the next one to start? If you do, your in the right place. I will be hosting a tournament every month! Sign-ups are closed for June's tournament. Check for updates in the next few weeks about July's!

My name is Travis, and ill be your host!

Please read this whole post if you are a first timer to this tourney! This applies to the very first batch of players as well.

Layout

The tournament will be PA based scoring. The layout of each monthly tournament is up for change each time to keep things new and interesting. Each month the new tourny will appear in a sepeate thread, so be sure to check for them when each month gets going along. If you still have questions after reading this entire post, then post your question and i will gladly asnwer it as well as tack on the information to this post. This also goes for suggestions on improving the tournament.

I would like to run as many monthly tournaments as i can off of donated credits. If you would like to donate to June's tournament, please send donations to SoconHydro421 along with a screen shot of the transfer so i can thank the donators properly. Ill make the first donation of 40,000. (I will always donate to my own tourneys as long as i have credits available). Thanks in advance!

Donators for June:

pmonibuv1: 30,000 <3 <3
SocoNhydro420: 40,000 <3 <3
alloyus: 50,000 <3 <3
SkarletSky: 50,000 <3 <3
MooMoo_Cowfreak: 10,000 <3
igotrhythum: 60,000 <3 <3 <3
VarleyisDance: 28,000 <3 <3
xXAll-ProXx: 15,000 <3

Total: 283,000

<> June's tournament will be classic elimination style. There will be 5 rounds, lasting 6 days each.

<> There will be one or two people eliminated each round. The player(s) with the lowest cumulative score will be eliminated, and the last ones standing will be the winners. Also, the prizes will be divided among the top two, I apologize for this but the amount of donated credits is not sufficient to give prizes to the top three, and still have substantial prizes. (I think the fun in tourneys is the competition anyway, who needs credits? )

<> There will be 7 divisions. Each round there will be three songs to play and post scores on, the songs will get progressively more difficult each round.

Heres the divisions and difficulty range for each.

Tournament Score Spreadsheet
(Updated to post 595)

Round 5 is has officially started! It will conclude on June 30th, 11:59 pm FFR server time.

Here are the songs:

D1:
Red Dress [Heavy]
Improvisation et chien
Farewell, My Little Basquiat

D2:
X
dr0p
Ivaltek

D3:
Be Princess
The Final Conflict
Do a Barrel Roll

D4:
Vertex Beta
Southern Cross

D5:
Of Course you need and... NEED ME
BB Evolution
October

D6:
Saddest RMX
Ketsarku Mozgalom
Time to Eye

D7:
A Quick Death
DeVour
Eclipse (Solar)

Round 4 has officially ended!
Here are the songs:

D1:
{Paranorma}
Two Sisters
Experiment

D2:
Chaotic Sound
Destiny
Ninja Turtles Theme

D3:
Carrousel Paradise
Nyanyanyanyanyanyanya!
Thrash the Plank

D4:
ASCII Art Core
Aztec Templing (Techno-Titian mix)
Doomsayer

D5:
Kanon Medley ~Metal Wings~
Exciting Hyper Highspeed Star
Lawn Wake I

D6:
Perfect Cherry Storm
Across Rooftops
Frictional Nevada

D7:
Magical 8bit Tour
Rage Template
Necropotence

Round 3 has officially ended!

The songs are:

D1:
Speed Kitty
Digital Intervention
Build God, Then W'ell Talk [Heavy]

D2:
Halogen
False Strawberry
Laser Shooter

D3:
Duality
Comfort Betrays
{Red Alert}

D4:
Cutting Circles
State Of Emergency
AAA

D5:
Rottle-da-station
Vertex Beta
Slaytronic

D6:
4 Chord Touhou
Church Bells
Jeanie And Caroline

D7:
Tageri
Shmollbluk
Kidney Stone

ROUND 2 HAS OFFICIALLY ENDED!

The songs are:

D1:
Koala In the Spider's Web
Infinite Blue
The Battle With The Betrayed

D2:
Indigo
Eternal Nightmare
Trisection

D3:
Moonbeam
Asteroid Run
Victims And Martyrs

D4:
Infernoplex
Dimensions
Grandolin

D5:
Pimp Slap
Purple
The Crow's Newspaper

D6:
Variations 2
Puzzle
Midnight Dragon

D7:
11Eleven
Jamais Deux
Sparkle Downer

ROUND 1 HAS OFFICIALLY ENDED!

D1:
Policy In The Sky
Boss Machine (sonic2)
Below The Surface

D2:
A
Zodiac
My Darkest Hour (Heavy)

D3:
H.T.I.J
Dying Flame
{Losing Touch}

D4:
Coactive
Overdrive!
Devotion And Desire

D5:
Lune Noir
Flying High
Fighting For Control

D6:
Twilight Jewel
Twelve
K8107

D7:
Toxiferous Dystopia
Piano Concerto I "ANTE - ARES" (For Kirby)
INFINITY Hyperspace

D1(elim. this round: 1)

Song difficulty: 5-7

PLAYERS:
Zekramcross
typing like wat
Everr

D2(elim. this round: 1)

Song difficulty: 6-8

PLAYERS:
swagged
JSH
Panic4Me

D3(elim. this round: 1)

Song difficulty: 7 - low VC

xBBx Takedown
VarleyisDance
Masquerade of Shadow

D4(elim. this round: 1)

Song difficulty: 8 - high VC
PLAYERS:

Poison-
MopeyJoe
jhro13

D5(elim. this round: 1)

Song difficulty: mid VC - high FMO

PLAYERS:
00Razor00
Sweagen
RagedBerserker

D6(elim. this round: 1)

Song difficulty: high VC - mid FGO

PLAYERS:
~zeta~
remedy1502
coolrun

D7(elim. this round: 0)

Song difficulty: high FMO - high FGO (FSO / high DF engine songs if needed)

(the second/last elimination for D7 will come at round 5, with the scores being cumulative from the last two rounds)

PLAYERS:
Ziergdsx18
TC_Halogen

Note: The division placements above are finalized. If you feel your wrongly placed, please send me a PM explaining your thoughts on it. Thank you!

Rules

Should go without saying, but nonetheless here it is:

DONT CHEAT!!

Cheaters will be eliminated and their credits will not be returned. Cheating includes:

1. Using a bot to play a song

2. Manually editing a score screenshot.

3. Using an offline engine, or any sort of custom engine to play the songs. Only the legacy and velocity engine can be used for the score pic. Standalones are allowed of course.

4. Account sharing/friends playing for you.

This leads into the next sections.

Proper Score submission

Must include the following:

<> Is in the form of a screen shot, posted in this thread. NO REPLAYS! They dont give the exact time the score was achieved, and would enable people to post replays of scores for a play that was outside of the time allowed.

<> Screen shot contains the username and timestamp, not a problem if your logged in.

<> Must be posted before the round ends, or after the round starts. No early/late submissions will be accepted.

Division Placements

Most people will know what division they are comfortable in from prior tournaments. But if you arent, heres some things to think about in making your choice.

<> You should not have any AAA's from the difficulty cap on a division. For example, if you have AAA'd an 8 but nothing higher, you might be too good to be placed in D1/D2. Remember, this is something to consider, not abide by completely. Some players might be eligable for D4 and not have any AAAs, as they might be lazy, or some might have a AAA of an easy 8, but can still be D2 Material.

<> What is the highest difficulty you can handle without having to mash alot? This difficulty is a good idea of the cap difficulty for the division thats right for you. For example, i can handle most 12's without mashing too much, but i still have to mash some, so D6 would be right for me. (I also have a FMO AAA so D5 should be too low for me).

<> Tier points. If you have a good amount of tier points, please, dont put yourself in anything lower then D4. As all tier point requirements come from difficulty 10 and above.

<> Ask somebody! Ask a friend whos participated in a tounament what division they think you would be good in. If you dont have any friends that know enough about division placements, PM me and ill decide where i think you should be placed based on your stats.

Prizes

The prizes will be divided among the top two players in a division. They will be announced at the end of the tournament.

Thanks to all who participate for making this tournament possible!!

MUST... AAA...

FMO AAAs (27): Epidermis, Exciting Hyper Highspeed Star, Rottel-da-station, Disconnected Hardkore, Melonmans OP, Battle Theme #37, Fast Asleep, Gacha Gacha Hertz Figu atto Radio, Puzzle, Midnight Dragon, Distorted God, Variations 2, Strangeprogram, Arrogant Cobbler, Kanon Medly ~Metal Wings~, Dance and Zeal, Heavenly Spores, Document 13b, The Divine Suicide of K, Yorukumoryuu Yamikaze, Summer Time Perfume, Chaosmaid, Colorful Course, O (piano version), Ambient Angels, Defection, Jeanie and Caroline

Last edited by SocoNhydro420; 06-26-2011 at 01:31 AM.. Reason: Updated Spreadsheet
Old 05-6-2011, 10:24 PM   #2
nois-or-e
SponCon Aficionado
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nois-or-e Send a message via MSN to nois-or-e Send a message via Skype™ to nois-or-e
Default Re: SocoNhydro's Tournament of Eternity. (ongoing)

Approved
Old 05-6-2011, 10:34 PM   #3
00Razor00
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 00Razor00 Send a message via Skype™ to 00Razor00

In.

Also, I thought tournament fees weren't allowed?

edit: ooooooooooh. i see @ the sign-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus

Last edited by 00Razor00; 05-6-2011 at 10:39 PM..
Old 05-6-2011, 10:36 PM   #4
ic0slay3r
Falangel <3
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ic0slay3r Send a message via Skype™ to ic0slay3r

wow finally someone decided to create a tournament.

In~

AAA:531
Best AAAs: Be Princess | Happy Happy Shining Star!! | XP Sounds Attempt | BB Euro | Gacha Gacha Cute Figu atto Mate | It's Only Natural | Shihen | Epic
Best non-AAAs: Summer Time Perfume (6-0-0-0), The Divine Suicide of K (5-0-0-0), Strangeprogram (4-0-0-0), Going On Spring Wind (3-0-0-1) Lawn Wake I (2-0-0-2), Rottel-da-station (0-0-0-1)
# of BF: 42

-------
Old 05-6-2011, 10:44 PM   #5
Tyson ultima
Autismspeaks.gov
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tyson ultima Send a message via Yahoo to Tyson ultima Send a message via Skype™ to Tyson ultima

i love how this is noticed a week later lol
Old 05-6-2011, 10:53 PM   #6
SocoNhydro420
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

So now that the tourney thread is open to the public, the official start of the weekly tourny will be Monday, 12:01 AM Server time, May 16th. Since today is friday, two days wouldnt be sufficient to get enough players together for a round. I'll add this information to the OP as well.

MUST... AAA...

FMO AAAs (27): Epidermis, Exciting Hyper Highspeed Star, Rottel-da-station, Disconnected Hardkore, Melonmans OP, Battle Theme #37, Fast Asleep, Gacha Gacha Hertz Figu atto Radio, Puzzle, Midnight Dragon, Distorted God, Variations 2, Strangeprogram, Arrogant Cobbler, Kanon Medly ~Metal Wings~, Dance and Zeal, Heavenly Spores, Document 13b, The Divine Suicide of K, Yorukumoryuu Yamikaze, Summer Time Perfume, Chaosmaid, Colorful Course, O (piano version), Ambient Angels, Defection, Jeanie and Caroline
Old 05-6-2011, 11:03 PM   #7
Ziergdsx18
ℜ1 ステップチャート 著者
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Ziergdsx18 Send a message via MSN to Ziergdsx18 Send a message via Skype™ to Ziergdsx18

In.

| irc.rizon.net | #touhouradio - Come listen! |
Old 05-6-2011, 11:05 PM   #8
pmonibuv1
yes
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to pmonibuv1 Send a message via Skype™ to pmonibuv1

I seem to be getting a "-failed!-" message every time I try to send credits so i'll PM you when I can.
FMO AAA's (55): Rottel-Da-Station, Church Bells, Arrogant Cobbler, Grocery Escape Plan, Disconnected Hardkore, Minute Waltz v2, Battle Theme #37, Flight of the Bumblebee, Midnight Dragon, Jeanie and Caroline, Blue-Violet, Puzzle, Kyrie, 300, Largiloquent Dithyramb, Brandish Headless, Going On Spring Wind, Novo Mundo, Gacha Gacha Hertz Figu atto Radio, Starwolf, Melonman's OP, Summer Time Perfume, Perfect Cherry Storm, Hajnal, Epidermis, Strangeprogram, Thrash, Lawn Wake I (LW EP Edit), Choprite, AIM Anthem, Dance and Zeal, Kanon Medley ~Metal Wings~, Clockwork, JULIA, Heavenly Spores, Distorted God, Radio Heads, Epilogue, Spoils, Ripoff, Since 1983, A FLOWER GARDEN, The earth blew up, Phalanx, Chronograph, Black Key Etude, Trinity, super mario bros theme (original NES is awesome), Jack-The-Ripper, Poppin' Shower, cheerful forest, Trisection v2, Devilz Staircase, Colibri, Club

FGO AAA's (2): Time To Eye, The Bird's Concrete Nosedive

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old 05-6-2011, 11:09 PM   #9
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tournament Rules Sticky View Post
7) ENTRY FEES ARE NOT ALLOWED!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocoNhydro420 View Post
there will be a little bit of "gambling" feel to this, which comes in the form of credit wagers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nois-or-e View Post
Approved
um?
I assume the purpose of this rule was to disallow credit wagering and forced prize pot building. And not to let people lose credits during your tournament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Razor00 View Post
In.

Also, I thought tournament fees weren't allowed?

edit: ooooooooooh. i see @ the sign-up
It is at the sign-up if there's a 'buy in price'.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 05-6-2011 at 11:15 PM..
Old 05-6-2011, 11:17 PM   #10
Ziergdsx18
ℜ1 ステップチャート 著者
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Ziergdsx18 Send a message via MSN to Ziergdsx18 Send a message via Skype™ to Ziergdsx18

Sent my submission.

I hope I sent it right.

| irc.rizon.net | #touhouradio - Come listen! |
Old 05-6-2011, 11:19 PM   #11
SocoNhydro421
FFR Player

My interpretation was that "fees" meant players have to pay credits that would go to my personal credit bank.
Old 05-6-2011, 11:26 PM   #12
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocoNhydro421 View Post
My interpretation was that "fees" meant players have to pay credits that would go to my personal credit bank.
This isn't allowed.

Old 05-6-2011, 11:32 PM   #13
SocoNhydro420
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Right, thats why the tournament avoids what i just said lol.

MUST... AAA...

Old 05-6-2011, 11:34 PM   #14
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

oh I misunderstood, but the bolded part is still against the rules. Entry fees are not allowed for the reasons I listed in post 9.

clarity:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
I assume the purpose of this rule was to disallow credit wagering and forced prize pot building. And not to let people lose credits during your tournament.
People don't join tournaments to lose their credits. It's not their job to pay the winners, it's yours and whoever chooses to donate.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 05-6-2011 at 11:36 PM..
Old 05-6-2011, 11:43 PM   #15
pmonibuv1
yes
FFR Veteran

This is a different kind of tournament though Rushy. This tournament relies on the players who are willing to "gamble" their credits. Since there are going to be a lot of weekly tournaments, this tournament won't survive on the creator's credits alone. Also, many players have lots of credits and they aren't worth much in FFR land anymore so I think this is a great use for the credits.
FMO AAA's (55): Rottel-Da-Station, Church Bells, Arrogant Cobbler, Grocery Escape Plan, Disconnected Hardkore, Minute Waltz v2, Battle Theme #37, Flight of the Bumblebee, Midnight Dragon, Jeanie and Caroline, Blue-Violet, Puzzle, Kyrie, 300, Largiloquent Dithyramb, Brandish Headless, Going On Spring Wind, Novo Mundo, Gacha Gacha Hertz Figu atto Radio, Starwolf, Melonman's OP, Summer Time Perfume, Perfect Cherry Storm, Hajnal, Epidermis, Strangeprogram, Thrash, Lawn Wake I (LW EP Edit), Choprite, AIM Anthem, Dance and Zeal, Kanon Medley ~Metal Wings~, Clockwork, JULIA, Heavenly Spores, Distorted God, Radio Heads, Epilogue, Spoils, Ripoff, Since 1983, A FLOWER GARDEN, The earth blew up, Phalanx, Chronograph, Black Key Etude, Trinity, super mario bros theme (original NES is awesome), Jack-The-Ripper, Poppin' Shower, cheerful forest, Trisection v2, Devilz Staircase, Colibri, Club

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old 05-6-2011, 11:46 PM   #16
boibomb
FFR Player

So is this happening or not? I'll but a G down for D1 cause where can I use my credits anyway?

http://www.whitelabelnation.com
For All Your Free Underground Mixtapes,Dubstep,8bit,Techno,Hip-Hop and Indie Music Needs!!!
Old 05-6-2011, 11:53 PM   #17
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmonibuv1 View Post
This is a different kind of tournament though Rushy. This tournament relies on the players who are willing to "gamble" their credits. Since there are going to be a lot of weekly tournaments, this tournament won't survive on the creator's credits alone. Also, many players have lots of credits and they aren't worth much in FFR land anymore so I think this is a great use for the credits.
I'm sure there are tons of players -willing- to gamble their credits, but it's simply against the rules. This tournament requires an entry fee, regardless if it's called an ante or not. it's not allowed by the tournament rules.

Old 05-6-2011, 11:56 PM   #18
emulord
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I'd enter in D4, but im too poor now. Im recovering from hosting my own tournament :P
Anyone want to sponsor me?
Old 05-6-2011, 11:58 PM   #19
pmonibuv1
yes
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
I'm sure there are tons of players -willing- to gamble their credits, but it's simply against the rules. This tournament requires an entry fee, regardless if it's called an ante or not. it's not allowed by the tournament rules.
I'm sure we don't want to derail this thread by arguing so i'll just leave it at: sure, the rules say that entry fees are not allowed but Jae approved this tourney so we will have to wait until someone else comes in to confirm/deny this tourney or simply let it go on.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old 05-6-2011, 11:58 PM   #20
00Razor00
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to 00Razor00 Send a message via Skype™ to 00Razor00

The idea, in general, is kinda dumb and furthermore, entry fees aren't allowed regardless what type of term you try to cover it up with. I wouldn't wanna keep spending 4k credits to rejoin 'rounds' just to keep losing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
hey buddy are you looking for a good song to step because if so i really recommend you step In Front Of A Bus
Closed Thread