Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 07:08 PM   #121
JohnRedWolf87
Backlogger of Hobbies
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Numi's First Tournament

xBBx Takedown's First Tournament - 2nd Place (Beginner)
ZC_Wolfy's Birthday Tournament - 3rd Place (Novice)
Dragons_Fury One Division Higher Tourney - 2nd Place (Novice)
Samurai7694's Ultimate Enduring Fabulous Tournament - 3rd Place (D1)
Dark_Chrysalis' 1st FFR Bowl - 2nd Place (D1), 13th place overall
Panic4Me and MrMagic's Thanksgiving Tournament - 2nd Place (D1)
Old 02-20-2009, 07:14 PM   #122
master q60
Aka Shinboro
FFR Veteran

hey you are supposed to PM him the scores
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite- View Post
I have a MAJOR problem with you. So ask me if I care. Stop whining.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:16 PM   #123
MetalAtlas
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MetalAtlas

btw you said you wouldnt be telling people how exactly you got the score after rd 1 which you did and if you notice the exact same two people who got it exactly did the same last time
Old 02-22-2009, 09:27 PM   #124
silvercomet1525
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to silvercomet1525

I believe he said that he wouldn't be letting us look at the replay after the first round, but I'm not 100% sure. Also, what's wrong with both Fractal and me getting exactly the target score twice in a row?

Tier Points: 537 (519 + 18 for 664 AAAs)
(7/29/09)
Old 02-22-2009, 10:38 PM   #125
Breakdown16
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Made by arrekusuof93 at Ye Olde Photoshop Shoppe
Who remembers this thread? Brings back great memories XD
Old 02-22-2009, 11:29 PM   #126
travman301
#swagdog
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to travman301

/facepalm

There's a reason that no one else is posting the scores in the thread. It ruins the dynamic of this tourney. Delete your post and PM him the score.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:00 AM   #127
Dark_Chrysalis
Something clever.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Dark_Chrysalis

[/quote]

Old 02-24-2009, 12:01 AM   #128
tangomango
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by travman301 View Post
/facepalm

There's a reason that no one else is posting the scores in the thread. It ruins the dynamic of this tourney. Delete your post and PM him the score.
i herd reading is gud
Old 02-24-2009, 12:08 AM   #129
Dark_Chrysalis
Something clever.

The only reason I posted my SS was because I sent multiple PMs to him, but for some reason the image links weren't working...

Plus, it was like 10 seconds before the round ended

Old 02-24-2009, 12:12 AM   #130
tangomango
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I was just poking fun at ya

Hmm, I don't see why the images wouldn't work via PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:38 AM   #131
Dark_Chrysalis
Something clever.

Nah, it's fine. I'm not sure why they weren't working though. When I sent the PM the image was in it, but when I saw my score wasn't up by 2 days, I PM'd Numi again: he said the image wasn't showing. I sent it again and it still isn't updated.

I'm not mad at Numi or anything, just the situation really

Old 02-24-2009, 01:03 AM   #132
MetalAtlas
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MetalAtlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercomet1525 View Post
I believe he said that he wouldn't be letting us look at the replay after the first round, but I'm not 100% sure. Also, what's wrong with both Fractal and me getting exactly the target score twice in a row?
well i mean look at your rank 47- holy hell- which means you can practically do anything so basically if he gives you the exact numbers he got- you could do it with your eyes closed- and seeing as theres only a 1st second and third place if i miraculously made it to the last round or so i could only get third cause im not good enough to know exactly how to hit the arrows- which seems like having skill to play in this tourney is required if you want to win- i mean if he keeps it the way it is i wont complain you guys have played forever to get where you are so hey it pays of lol im just saying i thght you guys would like more of a challenge?
Old 02-24-2009, 01:10 AM   #133
silvercomet1525
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to silvercomet1525

Well, for what it's worth, my score looked nothing like what he got. In fact, I believe Dark_Chrysalis got the same exact score as me. Hitting 52 Perfects out of 55 and getting 4 extra boos really doesn't seem like a thing that would require tons of skill to me, or lots of other people. I'd actually find matching the exact score tons harder than simply matching the total points.

Tier Points: 537 (519 + 18 for 664 AAAs)
(7/29/09)
Old 02-24-2009, 05:15 AM   #134
Fractal_Monkey
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

silvercomet and I both know how the scoring system works, so getting a specific low score on a given easy song is going to be quite easy for us. It should really be obtainable by anyone who can AAA the given song, which right now isn't hard and doesn't take anywhere near the skill levels required in almost any other tournament.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumiGamer View Post
There will be ONE DIVISION! since this really doesn't require too much skill at all.
No-one claims that no skill is needed, but it requires less FFR skill and (slightly) more planning skill. Oh, and if two or three people hit the exact target all the way through the tourney I'm assuming that Numi will notice this and select harder songs, or add in mods like he said.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:28 AM   #135
funmonkey54
The Chill Keeper
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to funmonkey54

Quote:
Well, for what it's worth, my score looked nothing like what he got. In fact, I believe Dark_Chrysalis got the same exact score as me. Hitting 52 Perfects out of 55 and getting 4 extra boos really doesn't seem like a thing that would require tons of skill to me, or lots of other people. I'd actually find matching the exact score tons harder than simply matching the total points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Monkey View Post
silvercomet and I both know how the scoring system works, so getting a specific low score on a given easy song is going to be quite easy for us. It should really be obtainable by anyone who can AAA the given song, which right now isn't hard and doesn't take anywhere near the skill levels required in almost any other tournament.

No-one claims that no skill is needed, but it requires less FFR skill and (slightly) more planning skill. Oh, and if two or three people hit the exact target all the way through the tourney I'm assuming that Numi will notice this and select harder songs, or add in mods like he said.
Exactly. This is a tournament of simple math and planning. Then of execution when obtaining that score. The idea is not so much to make the score hard to get in terms of difficult unless very skilled. The idea is to make people work it out and think about what must be done to obtain said score.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:36 PM   #136
NumiGamer
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I've been grounded. That's why updates have not been present. I have 9 PMs. Last I remember, I had about 20 people who still hadn't submitted. This very much saddens me. If this tourney was really such a bad idea that so few people cared enough to even submit, why did I get a bunch of posts saying it was a cool idea and such? I'm confused... and sad...

Quote:
I used a specific strategy to get the score last round. I missed every blue and yellow note. Either that or I missed every pink and yellow note. I let you all see that to show you basically that random styles that may be implemented later in the tourney. There was absolutely no special thing I did, I just hit the notes super early and with avg-miss fix not on replay vids, I figured it'd fail me out of the song early on anyway, so it wouldn't matter even if there was anything to get out of the replay.

And one of you posted in the thread instead of by PM, its true. pics weren't working by PM for some reason. I checked the quick reply and the url didn't even show up. So in his case, its okay. I'm pretty sure someone else posted here in the thread rather than PMing me, and yes. You should have PMd me the score. If you have some legitimate reason to post here, then tell me and I'll have no problem with it. I'm pretty sure I made it clear that submissions are easy to miss if there's a conversation going on about the tourney. As well, questions and such can be easy to miss due to images being large. So, in the future, please PM me your submissions.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:52 PM   #137
NumiGamer
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zybanthia View Post
Wow, this is actually a pretty cool idea. It would be really crazy if you added arrow mods in there too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nois-or-e View Post
In... Sounds fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakdown16 View Post
Interesting idea. In.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrenics View Post
Eh, what the hay. In!

Should be funny to see what we have to try and reproduce. :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangomango View Post
I'd like to join this. New types of tournament are a nice change
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite- View Post
Approved and in!
This sounds fun. Just don't make it too easy ;p

Edit: I just realized how late I was on this. Sorry about that xD
I usually don't miss any.
All within the first page and they all say this thing would be cool/fun etc.

Lets see all their tourney stats...
Zybanthia:eliminated first round due to no submission.
nois-or-e:eliminated first round due to no submission.
breakdown16:still in, submitted round 2 (I think) I'll check my PMs again.
cyrenics:seemed happy with this idea. eliminated 1st round for no submission.
tangomango:still in, I'll check PMs again to see if he submitted.
Sprite-:survived the random.org generator last round, but I specifically remember him NOT submitting this round. Damn. Sounded like he thought it'd be fun.

Can those of you who've regulared this forum throughout the tourney tell me whether or not you've thought it was at all fun? Did it completely suck? An alt. score system was PMd to me not long after the tourney started, and its much better than the one I have now. I planned on using it in the next tourney I host. If this tourney will fail miserably, which it looks like it may happen because of people telling me they forgot about it (kind of hard with all the reminder PMs I send) I'd like to have an extra round (after the final round) in which anyone who had submitted at any point may participate in and I'll give two songs and scores and I'll use that alt score system. It seems much more fun and interesting. I want to do that and I'll base my decision to hold another tourney like this off of feedback from that round.

*EDIT* Those of you who HAD submitted and stuff, thanks for using a little time for the tourney. Not too many people are active in it, and it looks like it'll only be a competition between about 20 of the original 55. Decent credit prizes for such a small amount of participation.

Last edited by NumiGamer; 02-24-2009 at 06:59 PM..
Old 02-24-2009, 07:03 PM   #138
Bolth mannn
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

dont worry man, your doing well with this tournament, just remember to make it harder and harder. im imagining the final will be something like a mashfest.

ps when does round 3 start.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:08 PM   #139
NumiGamer
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolth mannn View Post
dont worry man, your doing well with this tournament, just remember to make it harder and harder. im imagining the final will be something like a mashfest.

ps when does round 3 start.
Sorry man, I've not been as on-the-ball ad I could've been. Being grounded and unable to get on FFR didn't help. Turns out I deleted the folder on my desktop where I saved the .txt document containing all the future songs and scores, so I have to get them again. I'll get a score again, likely on a 7 or an 8 this time, and update the score in an hour or so.

I'm having problems right now and a semi-failing tournament doesn't make anything any easier. I REALLY appreciate the support here. And yes, I will likely have a mashfest for the final round. And specify you must have at least X boos or the score won't count so that you have to do something other than get 4 perfects and a miss to replicate my score exactly lol.

*EDIT* I never told you when round 3 starts... oops. I'll tell you that once I update the score. I need to update score submissions as well, so I know who to NOT add to the list of people on the elimination generator... =(
Old 02-24-2009, 07:21 PM   #140
travman301
#swagdog
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to travman301

Quote:
I've been grounded. That's why updates have not been present. I have 9 PMs. Last I remember, I had about 20 people who still hadn't submitted. This very much saddens me. If this tourney was really such a bad idea that so few people cared enough to even submit, why did I get a bunch of posts saying it was a cool idea and such? I'm confused... and sad...
You are doing fine. ^_^

This is original and fun. Half the people not submitting is simply the nature of FFR tourneys. In about every tournament you see (Including the official ones) the first couple round knock out all the inactive people. So don't sweat it. As discouraging as it may be, it is very much the norm.

Also, as a suggestion you should make/use an alt so people can't see how you got your scores.
Closed Thread