no, but I don't think you tend to stray from them

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 12-13-2017, 03:02 PM   #642
the sun fan
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXXIV - Sounds Like You've got a Problem. - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
One town thing I that I got from the nature of the post is that it looks like he typed it on mobile.
looks, maybe
was, no

Old 12-13-2017, 03:11 PM   #643
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
It's time to address a read that I didn't care to make on d0
seems like the read is based on a post I made today so why is this a read you didn't care to make yesterday?

or do you just mean you weren't interested in reading me

Old 12-13-2017, 03:16 PM   #644
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
-I guess this doesn't count as a statement I'd consider towny, but I do want to ask you a question related to it:
when you say you haven't felt emotion this game, is that you presenting a read or you saying you're unable to read him with this metric?
unable to

Old 12-13-2017, 03:19 PM   #645
the sun fan
FFR Player

I kinda hate roundbox's analysis of my post it feels like it says very little and he comes away with a strong townread... I don't really understand how he got it

Old 12-13-2017, 03:43 PM   #646
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

Hi

I’m going to catch up with the thread now. Sorry if any of these points have already been covered since I’m just posting as I go

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
Mr. Pusheen
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I know he didn't care and I've seen him not care as both alignments, but not caring AND not meeting a minimum post threshold is something Manti would never, ever feel good about letting happen.

Wayyy back, and I mean a few years back, Manti was bragging about how impeccable his replacement-to-finished-games ratio is, I think he subbed out only once in a shitload of games and it was a game where his computer completely broke.

This is not something that he doesn't care about; he /wanted/ to play this game (I think), he just hates d0.
I see where you’re coming from with this read and I mostly agree with it. But I’d still rather base my read off of in-game content personally, so I am going to ignore Manti’s posts and focus on star’s behaviour from here on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindreper1179 View Post
Her post mimics her last games way too much to be bs. To be fair, I haven't seen her wolf game, so I don't know if she's as good as wolf as town, but I'm confident in my read. Although I felt the same with WV.-_-
I liked star’s post too but I think it’s a bit odd to have a “confident” read based on a single post. Especially when you admit you have no reference for a wolf post from her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wineandbread View Post
I looked back on raeko's first post of the day today and the one thing that stood out to me was her mention of not reading into the replacement. Manti was here, he just chose not to participate. It wasn't a situation where the replacement was gone entirely. Do you have anything to say about that @raeko?
I’ve played with Manti many times before and he usually doesn’t participate very much early game. Even though this was an extreme case, I don’t think it’s very alignment indicative for Manti to act the way he did, it’s just how he is. I try not to read too much into replacements in general but especially in this case I think it's pretty neutral

Quote:
mellon its the word that opened that door in lord of the rings to open sesame
I don’t understand what this means lmao (not the vote but the rest of it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
Old 12-13-2017, 03:52 PM   #647
star-crossed
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWGma View Post
I like how someone gets the meme.

PS. Hi guys, T-Force here. I forgot about the whole deal with mod accounts and playing, ergo my TWG alt.

If no one else was going to make the above point, I was because of the kill.
However, that is a really dumb move to be made by me so early on. If I kill for memes, it's when I'm the last one left in a seemingly unwinnable game (see: Anime North 2015 when the reverse occurred between myself and FG).

If there's anything to be read into who was wolving, it has to be someone who would know about said rivalry/meme and be able to twist it.
Ergo: roundbox, the sun fan, maybe mellon, maybe blind.

Or, of course, the flip side is that it's a wolf (or wolves) blue hunting, and failing. Chalk that up towards novice wolves, or people who haven't played with FG, which includes: Ben (moreso hasn't played in a while), inD (thanks to D0 conversation between them), wine, and maaaaaybe star-crossed if they caught up with the thread.

Either way, that's all speculation, I'm off to read the rest of the... 2? Really? pages that remain to read.

I also have to apologize for no-showing EoD... don't try to play a 3-player game of Magic with Unstable decks... it takes forever.
Quote:
I feel like I have a really good grasp of reading funnygurl in multiple roles, and I know others have been able to find her when she's a blue role.
I can recall at least one game (which I hosted) where she was roleblocked N1 due to being blue read by wolves, and then killed the next night because she was pinged out almost immediately by wolves [j-rodd, ben, and tiloco. j-rodd found her out].

Tl;dr, fg is pretty easy to read as a blue when she gets it. At least to me.

Because of that, it would make much more sense, to me, if the wolves were unaware of her gameplay and thus the ones who make that kill.
I feel like, you are kind of in your own little world, with your thoughts. I am wondering if from your theories, you think that MML is a town, since he was the only one that you were not mentioning with a reason he may have killed Funnygirl. From the first message, it sounded like you thought it was about equally likely that she was killed for a meme or because people did not know her. When did you get to thinking, that it was more likely the latter, and how does that affect your leans on everybody? Also, since you said you are confident in getting a lean on Funnygirl, I am wondering if you could tell me now what you were thinking of her, even though she is dead, since you did not really talk about her except for jokes on Day 0.

I noticed, that you stopped posting on page 12, and then showed up on Day 2/page 25, to say that you only had 2 more pages to read. Was there really nothing that happened while you were not there, that you wanted to talk about yet? I hope that you are planning to come back and talk more about who you are sussing.
Old 12-13-2017, 04:14 PM   #648
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

Quote:
this is a deceptively hard question, I think

I think the answer HAS to be yes, but solely from a math standpoint? That's independent of dead air, though.
I don’t really understand this post either actually? I think it’s just the wording if you could re-phrase it for me

Quote:
Ummm...so I am mostly done with a long post just on the subject of a couple of people, but I am scared no one will read it because it is so long.

I could put funny pictures in it or something, if it would help, I suppose.
Please do not be scared. I live for walls of text, I wish everyone on FFR would do them

I like star’s long post on Ind and sunfan. There are a few points that I would consider to be a bit of a stretch for example
Quote:
his messages goes back and forth from kind of lazy (only saying "second" in post #5, "okay I'm amused" in #20, "this is known", to very hyped and silly (joking that he does not believe Charu in #7, and using exclamation points in #14, and also him just making lots of posts).
Which just seems like standard behaviour from many players including Ind at the beginning of the game

Quote:
In #150 (pg. 8), inDheart said "pretty sure i'm winning the lynch right now though so i don't know with what authority i make this post," which seems like he is kind of defining his self-worth by how much people want to hang him, which seems like something mafia care more about than town.
And this quote, which I read very differently. I took Ind to mean “I’m about to be lynched so why would anyone listen to me”, in an almost defeated way. which is a fairly NAI statement to me since nobody wants to lose.

So I’m not sure why she really felt the need to include that, it’s possible that she is aware of everyone's expectations of her posting and was attempting to pad her post.

But on the other hand I thought she had some very good points too. It comes across as someone who is genuinely attempting to investigate and make connections. This post has inspired me to go back and comb through the entire thread when I am done catching up. I also really don’t see a wolf making a post like that containing one of their actual partners, because it brings so much scrutiny to their posts. so I think I can rule out star/sunfan and star/Ind pairings in my mind for now

Quote:
raeko seems reluctant to really suss it. I am wondering if it is normal for her, to be doubting her feelings that much.

would be blind. It feels like he just kind of shows up randomly to say something short and controversial.
I would say that both of these things are pretty normal

Quote:
Old 12-13-2017, 04:14 PM   #649
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
seems like the read is based on a post I made today so why is this a read you didn't care to make yesterday?

or do you just mean you weren't interested in reading me
our only real interaction was me talking to you about the blind vote
other than that I didn't really read you since I'm not really into that d0 in most games. exception to this statement would be turbos

Quote:
unable to
ok, this helps

Quote:
looks, maybe
was, no
damn I thought I was cool

Quote:
I kinda hate roundbox's analysis of my post it feels like it says very little and he comes away with a strong townread... I don't really understand how he got it
tone and phrasing? I thought that was pretty clear
I don't think my headspace is fucked this game, I hope?
Old 12-13-2017, 04:22 PM   #650
star-crossed
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
Anyways, I'm reading the notes I took as I read through the thread and I honestly feel like I'm drawing a blank and that any reads list I post probably wouldn't be satisfactory (to anyone, myself included). Idk, just gonna post some thoughts/observations/ideas/etc I had.

[...]

-Gradiant has voted for myself, MML, and Manti. [...]
I am wondering, if you have this intensive of notes about who everybody voted, talked to, and had leans on. Or is it that you were more focused on Gradiant, because of your theory about it being a good time to kill him if he is on the right track?

I feel kind of weird saying this, since I do not really want to encourage people to be quiet and say it is because they are reading, but I am liking reuben somewhat for seeming to be thorough, with his reading (because I think mafias may not need to read as closely, because they do not really have to figure things out). It is the main thing from him that I have a lean on besides that he is funny, though, so I still feel that I should.
Old 12-13-2017, 04:29 PM   #651
star-crossed
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
And this quote, which I read very differently. I took Ind to mean “I’m about to be lynched so why would anyone listen to me”, in an almost defeated way. which is a fairly NAI statement to me since nobody wants to lose.

So I’m not sure why she really felt the need to include that, it’s possible that she is aware of everyone's expectations of her posting and was attempting to pad her post.
But he was not about to be lynched. The day was not even half over I do not think, and he had like 2 votes on him, and was talking as if the 10 other people not voting him would not care what he had to say, because of the 2 votes. Can you please tell me more about why you think it is meaningless?
Old 12-13-2017, 04:40 PM   #652
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Quote:
But he was not about to be lynched. The day was not even half over I do not think, and he had like 2 votes on him, and was talking as if the 10 other people not voting him would not care what he had to say, because of the 2 votes. Can you please tell me more about why you think it is meaningless?
Re-reading the context and your reply here I understand your point more clearly now. I think it's possible for someone of either alignment to feel pressured by votes, but that was a bit of an over-reaction, so I do understand why you included it.

Quote:
Old 12-13-2017, 05:00 PM   #653
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

not entirely back yet

i think rounbox's post is probably giving sunfan too strong of a read because things like the completeness of the post, etc are things he's able to do and has done

don't get the same confidence off that one post
Old 12-13-2017, 05:01 PM   #654
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

also dunno really where else to post it but some of sunfan's posting is hitting my memory banks phrasing wise like he's saying things the same way he has said them in past games

i don't think it means anything but it's intriguing to me
Old 12-13-2017, 05:16 PM   #655
star-crossed
FFR Player

Quote:
It's time to address a read that I didn't care to make on d0

I think I'm going to give a town read to sunfan for the same reason he's giving a town read to star, and that's mostly him making a post that can't really be faked. There are a few things in his towerpost that felt coming off as genuine, almost like a tone of confession.

[...]

"I think this is everything"
-this sounds so pure I cried
For roundbox's read on sun fan, I find it weird to begin a read he sounds so excited to give for the rest of it, by saying "I think I am going to give a town read." I think it could be trying to make it sound, like he does not already know who is a town and a mafia. And I do not get with the last part, why that ending is something sun fan would not say as a mafia. I did like the analysis of it being on a phone or laptop, though, even though he was wrong about it apparently.

inD, I am wondering what you are thinking of T-Force now. I am also trying to sort out the stuff that you wrote to me yesterday out now, just so you know.
Old 12-13-2017, 05:25 PM   #656
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
also dunno really where else to post it but some of sunfan's posting is hitting my memory banks phrasing wise like he's saying things the same way he has said them in past games

i don't think it means anything but it's intriguing to me
the fuck are you getting at

of course it should be hitting your memory banks I ain't trying to do backflips with my posts

Old 12-13-2017, 05:41 PM   #657
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Oh dear, I haven't posted a vote count for ages! Here's the current standings!!!

---

inDheart
X.X

blindreper1179
X.X

T-Force
X

Wineandbread
X

---

inDheart --> T-Force (POST)
blindreper1179 --> Wineandbread (POST)

the sun fan --> blindreper1179 (POST)
the sun fan --> mellonxcollie (POST)
Gradiant --> blindreper1179 (POST)
the sun fan --> mellonxcollie (POST)
star-crossed --> inDheart (POST)
the sun fan --> inDheart (POST)
star-crossed --> roundbox (POST)
star-crossed --> inDheart (POST)
MixMasterLar --> blindreper1179 (POST)

---

Players who have UNVOTED

[NONE]

---

Players who haven't voted Day 1

roundbox
mellonxcollie
T-Force
reuben_tate
Wineandbread

Wayward Vagabond
X.X

Wineandbread
X.X

DarkManticoreX2
X

Funnygurl555
X

T-Force
X

blindreper1179
X

---

inDheart --> Gradiant (POST)
Gradiant --> reuben_tate (POST)
Wayward Vagabond --> blindreper1179 (POST)
blindreper1179 --> Wayward Vagabond (POST)
blindreper1179 --> UNVOTE (POST)
Wayward Vagabond --> the sun fan (POST)
Funnygurl555 --> T-Force (POST)
inDheart --> Funnygurl555 (POST
the sun fan --> T-Force (POST)
blindreper1179 --> inDheart (POST)
Wayward Vagabond --> inDheart (POST)
Gradiant --> MixMasterLar (POST)
Wineandbread --> T-Force (POST)
Wayward Vagabond --> DarkManticoreX2 (POST)
the sun fan --> Wineandbread (POST)
Funnygurl555 --> T-Force (POST)
blindreper1179 --> Wayward Vagabond (POST)
inDheart --> Wayward Vagabond (POST)
Wineandbread --> UNVOTE (POST)
Funnygurl555 --> Wineandbread (POST)
MixMasterLar --> Funnygurl555 (POST)
Wineandbread --> Wayward Vagabond (POST)
Gradiant --> DarkManticoreX2 (POST)
Wayward Vagabond --> UNVOTE (POST)
inDheart --> T-Force (POST)
roundbox --> blindreper1179 (POST)

---

Players who have UNVOTED

Wayward Vagabond

---

Players who haven't voted Day 0

mellonxcollie
T-Force
reuben_tate
DarkManticoreX2

---

DAB!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.

Last edited by Charu; 12-13-2017 at 05:45 PM..
Old 12-13-2017, 05:54 PM   #658
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
If no one else was going to make the above point, I was because of the kill.
However, that is a really dumb move to be made by me so early on. If I kill for memes, it's when I'm the last one left in a seemingly unwinnable game (see: Anime North 2015 when the reverse occurred between myself and FG).

If there's anything to be read into who was wolving, it has to be someone who would know about said rivalry/meme and be able to twist it.
Ergo: roundbox, the sun fan, maybe mellon, maybe blind.

Or, of course, the flip side is that it's a wolf (or wolves) blue hunting, and failing. Chalk that up towards novice wolves, or people who haven't played with FG, which includes: Ben (moreso hasn't played in a while), inD (thanks to D0 conversation between them), wine, and maaaaaybe star-crossed if they caught up with the thread.

Either way, that's all speculation, I'm off to read the rest of the... 2? Really? pages that remain to read.
decent place to start, it's speculation, w/e

Quote:
Debatable. For all we know, he may not have assumed Charu was serious/didn't count his posts. Plus, he -did- attempt a last-minute post that would be his 5th, but fell short (lol), so I think that's a weak stretch at best.

Potential defence/deflection? :thinking:
association based on how sunfan read mantislot before star posted much

Quote:
I feel like I have a really good grasp of reading funnygurl in multiple roles, and I know others have been able to find her when she's a blue role.
I can recall at least one game (which I hosted) where she was roleblocked N1 due to being blue read by wolves, and then killed the next night because she was pinged out almost immediately by wolves [j-rodd, ben, and tiloco. j-rodd found her out].

Tl;dr, fg is pretty easy to read as a blue when she gets it. At least to me.

Because of that, it would make much more sense, to me, if the wolves were unaware of her gameplay and thus the ones who make that kill.
continuation of the speculation thing

Quote:
Spicy.
What have Ben and I done to already make you give me a town lean? As well, why to roundbox and raeko get the wolf lean?
Our posts from D0 feature nearly the same amount of content, minus roundbox because he gave an effort.
D1 is pretty much more of the same.

There's more I could nitpick at with this list, but those stick out to me.

//inb4"But they're NULL reads"
seems interested in solving blind, isn't written to shade him i don't think

i guess the thing that bothers me is he feels like he exists in the moment more than i know what he wants to do this game

he's obviously read the prev day which is clear in his first post today, which gave him a place to start

but then he could press in any number of directions and kinda didn't, and really if he isn't confident in his speculation then he doesn't have much to go on

when i read his iso from the one turbo he subbed into as town i thought he was steeped deeper in the thread than he is now, but he was also more active there in a game with 1/4 the day length so that might have a warping effect

pretty much: i've got not much on his posts today beyond i don't actively hate them, i feel like i hate more what isn't there, and he also had rather little to say d0
Old 12-13-2017, 05:55 PM   #659
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

sorry big ^

Quote:
the fuck are you getting at

of course it should be hitting your memory banks I ain't trying to do backflips with my posts
yeah but i'm thinking like

word-for-word similarity

it was eerie

guess that happens over a lot of posts and games though
Old 12-13-2017, 05:57 PM   #660
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

also don't know where "t-force feels aimless" would fit tbh

i got the sense in games i've played with him that he knows what he needs to do to win, hence why he snapped back at me in final 4 of my first game

but the thing is then he got roasted in postgame for being able to coast for a while

so meta wise it would fit his wolf game?
Closed Thread