Old 03-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #61
Victorique
FFR Player

Default Re: FFR Community Pack Spring 2012 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by moches View Post
Here's what I've played so far, see if you can find your file

우주 비디오 게임 노래
I'd complain about the 32nd patterns/jack distribution but no need; it's a rigid, ruthless scoring file that suits its purpose very well.

1분에 천박자
Oni’s pretty fun. BPM a bit too varied to be playable—may be a slight problem on xmod.

이십프로더쩔어
Quit out after a bit. A bit overlong and song’s not too interesting for stepping (good song though, I’ll give you credit for that). Also lots of layering confusion and inconsistencies. Most of my complaints with this have to do with its simplicity actually. Not necessarily a bad thing, but file’s not engaging enough to overcome that.

앨리스 증후근
Not that bad, but I've played this file before. wish you would have gone a bit more creative with this

일어나는 늑대의 의식 ㅋㅋ
At least this is fairly accurate. Just incredibly awkward to play with all the bursts and jacks that don’t really fit with the music. Easier chart is slightly better but still very wonky as well, tons of difficulty spikes and layering choices that I really can’t understand ??

더빨리더빨리
Very cool mines, freezes, and the whole thing feels incredibly cool to watch. I really wish the patterns here were more carefully constructed, though.

흑우 - 바이올린
Not a fan of this file, sorry; too much stream, strings seem very haphazardly layered (when you’re utilizing longer freezes, it’s important to take into consideration how everything else around it will flow) and not enough variety to compensate.

엑스 브랜드
Minimalistic but it suits this song quite well; though I thought some parts could use a little more flair your file was sturdy enough to stand without them. Very fun file, rolls off the fingers well even with all those jacks and bursts. Overall not a lot to say, I enjoyed this.

보호된 세상에 일어나기
So, them color notes...guess it was easier to do that than just sync the whole thing correctly, hehe. Still synced well so doesn't matter though. Patterns could have been a lot better (pitch is way way off), but the song really saves this—it’s so relaxing and sweeping that I can’t help but like this.

바다마를 부른다??
Simple but tons of fun. Really dig this file.

너의 정을 숨길 수 없음
Not as distinctive as its prequel but still hella well-constructed and fun.

초사이 켄보 ㅁㄴ엉ㄴㅁ
Sharpnel file on crack but quite a blast to play with all the MA practice green note spurts and the streams. Simple but effective.

겁쟁이를 죽이는 시간
What is the measure of a true dump

크렁크 크렁크 크렁크 - 2장
So many spiritual sequels in this pack, wow. This is a totally sexy file though and I want to kiss you on the mouth.

문 (리믹스)
Nice. patterns could have been much more balanced at spots (the triple jacks and the 32nds in particular) but the layering brings out the rhythms of the song very well

춤춰가버려라
Awesome use of climax theory and very good expressive techniques for a pretty simple song. I’d say more but this is just solid all-around, excellent work.

?????
The original is so iconic that it’s kinda a gutsy move to restep it, but this is pretty respectable. Pretty loaded with score fodder, whether it’s the jacks, the streams, the little pockets of bursts, and quite well-crafted all-around. A little awkward at times, but I’m still glad you got to make this file.

모자이크.웨이브
Very FFR, but that's not bad at all. clean, good for scoring. long jack was a bit abrupt and freeze usage could have been more judicious

메인 메뉴
I ****ing love this file. So clean, so easy, yet so whimsical and inspired that I can’t even really criticize it. Experience tells me that good files are born out of sweat and blood: this file reminds me that inspiration plays a pretty damn big part as well.

No, but seriously, file’s awesome.

*(#*($#@ 어려운 노래
Some dork will get the AA on this…someday....

2번째 녹음
VGMP-style file but nothing wrong with that: pretty simple and fun. A little pattern bias, maybe.

뇌의 지도?
Straightforward and enjoyable. I still enjoy the original more, but this is plenty fun on its own.

우산 해운대
There’s an unabashed joy in this file that I really dig; the rhythms and patterns may be a tad sloppy, but whatevs this is pretty darn fun to play. My love for this song may be coloring my perception of the file a bit, I must admit, but there’s some pretty cool stuff in here regardless of that.

애덤레빈 너무 섹시하다
Interesting song choice and file’s pretty fun (albeit incredibly scatterbrained).

텡구텡구텡구텡구
Decent file, but reaches a climax of inspired lunacy that kinda upstages the rest of the file. This stepman’s efforts are clearly flourishing with each file, though.

나를 사랑하기 위해 내가 너를 위해 ??? 한다... -.-
Like I am towards all sequels, I was a bit skeptical of this, but this is a fantastic reinterpretation of the source material. A few awkward splotches, especially with jacks, but really really fun and good for scoring

에드워드 컬렌이 왕자다
Very cool usage of background changes, so props. Some parts of this are very well done, but others felt a bit confusing because you oversimplified or didn't bring out the layers well enough. Decent overall, nice for 16th rhythm practice and song’s pretty nice.

캐논+보컬로이드=??
THIS IS NOT A 10. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING, GUNDAM. Technical dump—in D.

우리가 소리다
Pretty stunning.

너의 무기를 올려봐라!
Pretty nice file, but somehow I feel that the file doesn’t quite match the bombast of the song…it needs a bit more texture, a bit more depth. Still a lovely file, but not as transcendent as the song is really. (This is me being a snob. Sorry.)

알 토넬리코
I’m not going to even lie, this file just had me grinning like a dork the whole time. I love all of the [video game title here] files you’ve done and this is just another addition to that streak of awesome.

로마가 타고있다
Sort of old-fashioned style to this, which I enjoy, but that also means it can be abrasive at times. Pretty fun.
Well I "think" you played my Love BBB O.o............ ehm... I guess...
Victorique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:03 AM   #62
Lynn.
FFR Player

Quote:

우주 비디오 게임 노래
I'd complain about the 32nd patterns/jack distribution but no need; it's a rigid, ruthless scoring file that suits its purpose very well.

1분에 천박자
Oni’s pretty fun. BPM a bit too varied to be playable—may be a slight problem on xmod.

이십프로더쩔어
Quit out after a bit. A bit overlong and song’s not too interesting for stepping (good song though, I’ll give you credit for that). Also lots of layering confusion and inconsistencies. Most of my complaints with this have to do with its simplicity actually. Not necessarily a bad thing, but file’s not engaging enough to overcome that.

앨리스 증후근
Not that bad, but I've played this file before. wish you would have gone a bit more creative with this

일어나는 늑대의 의식 ㅋㅋ
At least this is fairly accurate. Just incredibly awkward to play with all the bursts and jacks that don’t really fit with the music. Easier chart is slightly better but still very wonky as well, tons of difficulty spikes and layering choices that I really can’t understand ??

더빨리더빨리
Very cool mines, freezes, and the whole thing feels incredibly cool to watch. I really wish the patterns here were more carefully constructed, though.

흑우 - 바이올린
Not a fan of this file, sorry; too much stream, strings seem very haphazardly layered (when you’re utilizing longer freezes, it’s important to take into consideration how everything else around it will flow) and not enough variety to compensate.

엑스 브랜드
Minimalistic but it suits this song quite well; though I thought some parts could use a little more flair your file was sturdy enough to stand without them. Very fun file, rolls off the fingers well even with all those jacks and bursts. Overall not a lot to say, I enjoyed this.

보호된 세상에 일어나기
So, them color notes...guess it was easier to do that than just sync the whole thing correctly, hehe. Still synced well so doesn't matter though. Patterns could have been a lot better (pitch is way way off), but the song really saves this—it’s so relaxing and sweeping that I can’t help but like this.

바다마를 부른다??

너의 정을 숨길 수 없음
Not as distinctive as its prequel but still hella well-constructed and fun.

초사이 켄보 ㅁㄴ엉ㄴㅁ
Sharpnel file on crack but quite a blast to play with all the MA practice green note spurts and the streams. Simple but effective.

겁쟁이를 죽이는 시간
What is the measure of a true dump

크렁크 크렁크 크렁크 - 2장
So many spiritual sequels in this pack, wow. This is a totally sexy file though and I want to kiss you on the mouth.

문 (리믹스)
Nice. patterns could have been much more balanced at spots (the triple jacks and the 32nds in particular) but the layering brings out the rhythms of the song very well

춤춰가버려라
Awesome use of climax theory and very good expressive techniques for a pretty simple song. I’d say more but this is just solid all-around, excellent work.

?????
The original is so iconic that it’s kinda a gutsy move to restep it, but this is pretty respectable. Pretty loaded with score fodder, whether it’s the jacks, the streams, the little pockets of bursts, and quite well-crafted all-around. A little awkward at times, but I’m still glad you got to make this file.

모자이크.웨이브
Very FFR, but that's not bad at all. clean, good for scoring. long jack was a bit abrupt and freeze usage could have been more judicious

메인 메뉴
I ****ing love this file. So clean, so easy, yet so whimsical and inspired that I can’t even really criticize it. Experience tells me that good files are born out of sweat and blood: this file reminds me that inspiration plays a pretty damn big part as well.

No, but seriously, file’s awesome.

*(#*($#@ 어려운 노래
Some dork will get the AA on this…someday....

2번째 녹음
VGMP-style file but nothing wrong with that: pretty simple and fun. A little pattern bias, maybe.

뇌의 지도?
Straightforward and enjoyable. I still enjoy the original more, but this is plenty fun on its own.

우산 해운대
There’s an unabashed joy in this file that I really dig; the rhythms and patterns may be a tad sloppy, but whatevs this is pretty darn fun to play. My love for this song may be coloring my perception of the file a bit, I must admit, but there’s some pretty cool stuff in here regardless of that.

애덤레빈 너무 섹시하다
Interesting song choice and file’s pretty fun (albeit incredibly scatterbrained).

텡구텡구텡구텡구
Decent file, but reaches a climax of inspired lunacy that kinda upstages the rest of the file. This stepman’s efforts are clearly flourishing with each file, though.

나를 사랑하기 위해 내가 너를 위해 ??? 한다... -.-
Like I am towards all sequels, I was a bit skeptical of this, but this is a fantastic reinterpretation of the source material. A few awkward splotches, especially with jacks, but really really fun and good for scoring

에드워드 컬렌이 왕자다
Very cool usage of background changes, so props. Some parts of this are very well done, but others felt a bit confusing because you oversimplified or didn't bring out the layers well enough. Decent overall, nice for 16th rhythm practice and song’s pretty nice.

캐논+보컬로이드=??
THIS IS NOT A 10. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING, GUNDAM. Technical dump—in D.

우리가 소리다
Pretty stunning.

너의 무기를 올려봐라!
Pretty nice file, but somehow I feel that the file doesn’t quite match the bombast of the song…it needs a bit more texture, a bit more depth. Still a lovely file, but not as transcendent as the song is really. (This is me being a snob. Sorry.)

알 토넬리코
I’m not going to even lie, this file just had me grinning like a dork the whole time. I love all of the [video game title here] files you’ve done and this is just another addition to that streak of awesome.

로마가 타고있다
Sort of old-fashioned style to this, which I enjoy, but that also means it can be abrasive at times. Pretty fun.
Do I have to translate them all lol 0_0
Lynn. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:13 AM   #63
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
춤춰가버려라
<3
Old 03-18-2012, 10:21 AM   #64
moches
FFR Player

@Niko: not yet
@Lynn: you could always just run them through Google Translate ㅋㅋㅋ although some of them are just based off of sound so read them out loud and you'll figure some of them out!
@Alex: how'd you figure that one out <3
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #65
Victorique
FFR Player

Quote:
@Niko: not yet
@Lynn: you could always just run them through Google Translate ㅋㅋㅋ although some of them are just based off of sound so read them out loud and you'll figure some of them out!
@Alex: how'd you figure that one out <3
Damn google translate isn't helping xD
Victorique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:25 AM   #66
Yesssss
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Yesssss

Quote:
알 토넬리코

I'm thinking of doing more. There aren't a ton left that can produce amazing files though.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #67
moches
FFR Player

@Yesssss: you got it

if people don't figure it out by tomorrow I'll just reveal the first batch
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #68
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Quote:
텡구텡구텡구텡구
Since Google Translate gave me tengutenguten(ry I'll assume that this is mine :V
ddr_f4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:20 PM   #69
Lynn.
FFR Player

Hmm...? What happened to the solo charts of 1000BPM and Space Armada? It seems that they are same and an error occurs when playing 1000BPM, the patterns just flowed abruptly on halfway.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #70
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn. View Post
Hmm...? What happened to the solo charts of 1000BPM and Space Armada? It seems that they are same and an error occurs when playing 1000BPM, the patterns just flowed abruptly on halfway.
I'm not quite sure what you mean, since I never added a solo chart to either of those files.

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/tell-us-who-you-are-battle-tower-royale-character-creation-screen
Bynary Fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:35 PM   #71
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

1000BPM and Space Armada do in fact have 6key charts whether you're aware of it or not. You can place some blame on me for not double checking the 6key side thoroughly before uploading because I assumed they were legitimate charts. I was basically finalizing at 5am and had to leave the upload going overnight just to get it out in the early afternoon, lmao. It's not a big deal I suppose, though if I actually had more time to thoroughly go through the pack, this wouldn't have happened.

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:38 PM   #72
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

the immaculate conception of solo charts

it is a miracle
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:44 PM   #73
Lynn.
FFR Player

Seems the Space Armada's solo chart was copied from 1000BPM, maybe there was an error when you or GD were handling with the sm files.

And when I was playing 1000BPM, the patterns suddenly passed by and I failed to clear, on the other hand there was no error when I was playing the single charts.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #74
Gundam-Dude
`~`

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn. View Post
maybe there was an error when you or GD were handling with the sm files.

The files are exactly as they were sent to me, I did not modify the .sm in any way other than to change the difficulty rating and add directories to GFX. Any file errors and the like is the sender's responsibility, essentially.

Old 03-18-2012, 01:01 PM   #75
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Hmm. If those charts had glitched 6-key charts then I apologize - I don't even so much as touch solo with the editor nor do I ever play it, the thought of them having a 6-key chart (which I think is auto-generated) never occurred to me.

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/tell-us-who-you-are-battle-tower-royale-character-creation-screen
Bynary Fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #76
megamon88
aka Assertive
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
바다마를 부른다??
I think this is mine (google translate said "do not sing the sea" lmao)

Good to see that people are enjoying my file.
Old 03-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #77
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

when logan sent me 1000 bpm 2 years ago, i noticed it had a 6key chart in it. it appears you had copied one of the 4key charts onto a 6key difficulty (how the steps were modified instead of staying on the 1234 receptors is beyond me)
Old 03-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #78
NeoMasterPie
Forum User

moches did U play my file (o:

NeoMasterPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #79
Trogdor!!!!
Forever
FFR Veteran

Randomly putting in this review in the middle of everything.

1000 BPM
Felt a bit overstepped, but really nice job overall. Nice job on BPM changes. I've played a few charts that were really bad as far as BPM changes went. B+

20% Cooler
Chart was honestly a lot better than I thought it was going to be. It was still was one of those songs I just wanted to get over with because I really didn't like the song at all. I might play it again to fix the blackflag I got on it though, but that's about it. B-

Accelerator
The song is amazing. Both charts are amazing. And the way you stepped that piano part omfg. <3 A+

Alice in Wonderland Syndrome
Song was pretty cool. The steps were pretty plain until after the long holds part but it feels like that's all you could have done with that anyway so I don't really blame you. Pretty fun file overall. B+

Awakening Wolf's Instincts
Good song. Good chart. Not much else I can say about this. B+

Awakening to a World Protected
Really relaxing song. A bit short, but I was so chilled out listening to it that my toasty literately made me jump because I had my sound so loud lmfao. I also like the jump and hand placements. Also it was really colorful. :3 A

Black Snow
Challenge chart was bleh except the beginning which I thought was stepped pretty well. After that (where it started getting into the hands) I honestly felt like I was just hitting random notes that weren't going to anything. It felt really over stepped. But that's just me I guess... Heavy chart was a bit better and a lot more straight-forward. C

Brand X
I seriously couldn't play through this file the first time without messing up on it because of how hard I was laughing. It wasn't even that funny either but idk... I almost fell off my chair laughing at this guy's voice. I don't think I've ever played a file by MrTea before, but I really hope I do in the near future because he's is amazing at it. A

Burning Rome
Really fun chart. I like the intro steps that led into that polyrhythm. Don't have much else to say about this. A-

Call upon the Seaponies
I'm not a really big fan of your charts usually, (I think it's because you step easy songs to me idk) but this chart was pretty fun and I kinda liked the song. B+

Kola Kid
Kommi file. A

Carnage
God damn this file is fun. Everything past the part where it was like "At your service." made me want to scream FUCK YEAH and start jumping around without a shirt and a strobe light on. Chainsaw part was pretty cool too. A

Chousai Kenbo Sengen
pr0 js. Hold parts were pretty cool. Song will probably be stuck in my head for the rest of my life. A-

Collapsing Floor
Not much to say about this. Pretty fun though. B

Coward Killing Time
Pretty fun dump. Which is saying something because I'm awful at dumps. B

Crunk De Gaulle
Second funnest file I've played so far (behind Accelerator). Flowed extremely well and is just amazing in general. Then again, every file you make is pretty much like that. A+

Cypher Gate
Jump mini-jacks = R.I.P me. That entire sequence with those was ****ing hard. The rest of it was pretty fun, especially all the bursts. B+

Dance Away
Really nice job on this file Alex. I felt this could have easily been overstepped but you seemed to hit it perfectly. Fun solo also. A-

Enigma
Ok before I even get into the chart, let me talk about the song. HOLY GOD DAMN THIS SONG IS ****ING AMAZING. Ok, now the chart, you stepped the Break-beat part especially well and all of the bursts throughout the song had a really nice flow. That's all that caught my attention really. Really nice job overall. A

EXEC_ViiBaCi_MjiiRa
I generally like all of your files (especially Boss and Chromatic), but this one was idk. It didn't flow well at all to me and the song kinda threw me off a bit because it was kinda weird. Kinda subjective of me but whatever. C

Final Battle (vs. Satan)
Don't really know what to say about this file besides it was really fun. Haven't played edit yet but I'm looking forward to it later. B+

Reviewing some more later.

Last edited by Trogdor!!!!; 03-18-2012 at 06:35 PM..
Trogdor!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #80
Gundam-Dude
`~`

someone review the pack starting from the back plz