Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 11:34 AM   #1
DotKritic
Forum User

Default Rethink the ban lengths?

Anyone think the ban lengths for the common things be thought over and reduced/extended since they're from the Tass Era?

Three days for a "Free <this person>" thread seems a bit much IMO (amongst other ban lengths).

FFR Member Since December 17th, 2004

Last edited by DotKritic; 08-11-2011 at 11:36 AM..
Old 08-11-2011, 11:35 AM   #2
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Rethink the ban lengths?

No.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:37 AM   #3
XxMidigamixX
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to XxMidigamixX Send a message via Skype™ to XxMidigamixX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DotKritic View Post
Anyone think the ban lengths for the common things be thought over and reduced/extended since they're from the Tass Era?

Three days for a "Free <this person>" thread seems a bit much IMO.
I just think its stupid to ban someone for that. Its like someone getting arrested for writing "Free Hat"

Old 08-11-2011, 11:39 AM   #4
Breakdown16
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

In my opinion, the ban lengths are still fair. Three days is a fairly short period of time. Bans that are somewhat longer in length (two weeks or longer) are handed out for more serious infractions, which is also fair. Every FFR user is expected to know and follow the rules anyways. If the rules weren't broken by us FFR users in the first place, bans wouldn't have to be involved.

Made by arrekusuof93 at Ye Olde Photoshop Shoppe
Who remembers this thread? Brings back great memories XD
Old 08-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #5
Sky Kitten
Crazy Cat Lady
Community Manager, User Support
Community ManagerGlobal ModeratorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
No.
^ This.

FMO AAAs (22): Heavenly Spores, .357 Magnum, Pure Ruby, VS Boss Battle, Black, You Goddamn Fish, Faint Breath, Epilogue, Crimson Flood, Zombie Killing Blood Spilling, Saffron City (offline), Fast Asleep, R2, Her Majesty, Defection, Happy Meal, Bit Blue, Stupor of Peace, Tightwad, Progressive jikuu shoujo! Urashima Taroko-chan!, Annihilator Method, Skyfire Ace
Old 08-11-2011, 11:44 AM   #6
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxMidigamixX View Post
I just think its stupid to ban someone for that. Its like someone getting arrested for writing "Free Hat"
The definition of "free" in "Free -insert player-" and "Free hat" are completely different.

Ban lengths are fine imo.

EDIT: In fact, ban lengths wouldn't even matter if everyone obeyed the rules >.>
Old 08-11-2011, 11:46 AM   #7
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

The fact that what happened last night happened is proof that maybe FFR should rethink a few of the mods to.

They let Kommi and Kiwi just ban evade in Prochat and it was completely obvious. If anything I'd make it even more harsh. It'd probably make the forums a lot less stupid. I didn't dislike either of them but they pretty much asked for their bans.

Not gonna comment on everyone else because I don't know everything.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:51 AM   #8
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
The fact that what happened last night happened is proof that maybe FFR should rethink a few of the mods to.

They let Kommi and Kiwi just ban evade in Prochat and it was completely obvious. If anything I'd make it even more harsh. It'd probably make the forums a lot less stupid. I didn't dislike either of them but they pretty much asked for their bans.

Not gonna comment on everyone else because I don't know everything.
Even though the "Cosplay" thread was removed, I have the .htm of it saved and also got it all on screen recording. What happened was a total disgrace, was not funny at all, and reckless behavior like that (posting a shitload of nudity that's permaban material) along with massive postwhoring deserves to be punished.

The ban lengths are completely fair.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:54 AM   #9
robertsona
missa in h-moll
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxMidigamixX View Post
oh my god WHAT hahahaha
Old 08-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #10
WTFBrandon
Shout out to Hades
FFR Veteran

IMO. The bans on this site are beyond retarded, I've been banned over... Roughly 10-15 times. Many for stupid things, my sig being too big. The worst part is that they banned me for 2 weeks then warned me after to change it... Why warn me after I'm already banned? Second I got banned for sticking up for a friend who was getting trolled. Why I got banned, who knows. After that it was basically ban Brandon because he's the kid that causes all the shit and i kept getting banned for the smallest thing. I actually got banned once for saying lol in a threat. Dead serious. I know the site has changed around, but come on guys, seriously... This isn't a professional site as much as you want it to be. It's been throw around, eaten and shit out. Even the mods go in and joke around and talk drunk/high and they get away with everything. Then when someone else does it... PERMABAN.

So in conclusion. Sometimes the mods overreact a bit too hard on the smallest things when they should put their concern elsewhere and ban people for way way too long over saying poop or doodoo head. Seriously, you aren't a police officer, you aren't an all mighty being. You're just a stupid nerd like the rest of us that likes to have fun once in a while, sometimes our fun may not be your fun, but that doesn't mean it's wrong or bad. Sometimes it is wrong, yes... But even then people shouldn't overreact as much as they do. Warnings should be given unless the act is extreme like hacking or something that may harm someone like rasicim or whatever. Even then I think 1-2 week ban is fine that they learn their lesson. If they repeat the same action then feel free to act from there. But banning someone for anywhere close to a year without them getting any say out is completely unfair. Sorry but that's my opinion and the staff on this site blows. I'm surprised people still post on here. This site is far from as fun as it used to be.
Keep up the good work guys.

OH, I r3m3mB3R g3TtInG b4nN3d 4 t4lKiNg LiK3 dIs 4 2 m0nTh$$$ 2.
swag

Last edited by WTFBrandon; 08-11-2011 at 12:04 PM..
Old 08-11-2011, 11:57 AM   #11
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager

Also it's that person's job to contact an admin or moderator about the ban, not having others trying to act as their bitches trying to get a ban appeal by popularity.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:58 AM   #12
awein999
(ಠ⌣ಠ)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to awein999

What is life without a little rule breakin' *starts riot*
Old 08-11-2011, 12:00 PM   #13
WTFBrandon
Shout out to Hades
FFR Veteran

Regardless, who cares. The site sucks, the community sucks, most of the step files suck (their are a few good artists andnthey know who they are) and just everything as a whole sucks. The profiles look like crap, the site looks like it was made 3-5 years ago. Oh wait, it was.

Oh, before I get banned for a double post.

RIPKommisar.

~ You will always live in our hearts and in our minds.
Love, RIPBrandon
Old 08-11-2011, 12:01 PM   #14
Duplica
FFR Player

I love you Brandon
Old 08-11-2011, 12:01 PM   #15
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager

Currently there's only one forum moderator I really trust right now. The staff should definitely rethink their choices.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:02 PM   #16
awein999
(ಠ⌣ಠ)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to awein999

But we can suck together like one big sucking family! <3
Old 08-11-2011, 12:03 PM   #17
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

So a family walks into a talent agency...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno
Old 08-11-2011, 12:03 PM   #18
Yuyuko-sama
Banned

Brandon made me cry :'3
Old 08-11-2011, 12:05 PM   #19
Xiaounlimited
Eaguru
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFBrandon View Post
IMO. The bans on this site are beyond retarded, I've been banned over... Roughly 10-15 times. Many for stupid things, my sig being too big. The worst part is that they banned me for 2 weeks then warned me after to change it... Why warn me after I'm already banned? Second I got banned for sticking up for a friend who was getting trolled. Why I got banned, who knows. After that it was basically ban Brandon because he's the kid that causes all the shit and i kept getting banned for the smallest thing. I actually got banned once for saying lol in a threat. Dead serious. I know the site has changed around, but come on guys, seriously... This isn't a professional site as much as you want it to be. It's been throw around, eaten and shit out. Even the mods go in and joke around and talk drunk/high and they get away with everything. Then when someone else does it... PERMABAN.

So in conclusion. Sometimes the mods overreact a bit too hard on the smallest things when they should put their concern elsewhere and ban people for way way too long over saying poop or doodoo head. Seriously, you aren't a police officer, you aren't an all mighty being. You're just a stupid nerd like the rest of us that likes to have fun once in a while, sometimes our fun may not be your fun, but that doesn't mean it's wrong or bad. Sometimes it is wrong, yes... But even then people shouldn't overreact as much as they do. Warnings should be given unless the act is extreme like hacking or something that may harm someone like rasicim or whatever. Even then I think 1-2 week ban is fine that they learn their lesson. If they repeat the same action then feel free to act from there. But banning someone for anywhere close to a year without them getting any say out is completely unfair. Sorry but that's my opinion and the staff on this site blows. I'm surprised people still post on here. This site is far from as fun as it used to be.
Keep up the good work guys.

OH, I r3m3mB3R g3TtInG b4nN3d 4 t4lKiNg LiK3 dIs 4 2 m0nTh$$$ 2.
swag
swag

p.s. you're gonna get banned for this LOOOL
Old 08-11-2011, 12:06 PM   #20
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by awein999 View Post
But we can suck together like one big sucking family! <3
Bahahahah awein <333 Let's be suckbuddies :')

In all seriousness, that is kind of ridiculous at your part Brandon (sorry to hear that btw :\) and I completely agree with Dossar. Many of the current mods are not qualified to be mods, as shown by what happened last night. I hope FFR reconsiders its choices.
Closed Thread