multi-quotes*
Old 12-4-2016, 03:51 PM   #1022
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pazzaz View Post
Ok I'm done sleeping now. I've read through the thread now but unfortunately you won't get a big post from me. I 'm gonna be bussy for like 9 hours playing Mutant. I was pretty disappointed that you didn't call me out more but some of you said that I have a low count / high quality post meta so I guesss I've got that going for me. Also, FUCK TIMEZONES
I know AA caught this post too but I've read it like 3 times and every time I do it, it just seems more and more scummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AragakiAyase View Post
hey pazzaz talk to me
any thoughts on the game right now
Quote:
ffs pazzaz
good reaction however I'm gonna nitpick just a lil bit and say that I don't know how I feel about the fact that AA waited like 20 minutes in between these two posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
0. I think it was roundbox who first did this bit I'mna quote stuff as I read and reply to it.
1. Read his last game there was a time extensive shit post in that one too. Actually they happen in alot of his games so anyone getting neurotic over them hasn't been paying attention to him.
2. You getting into a slapfight with as that early in the day tells me very little. Iirc there wasn't even a vote or any real pressure. It could go either way and it's not like you guys know your partners even if it's w/w. At the very least im inclined to not think it's w/with at the moment just because 2 actives wolves targeting each other is so unlikely on ffr even if you don't know partners.
3. Kinda weird but not that alignment indicative unless u believe people shouldn't complain about rolling vt.

Oh hey, I rolled vt btw. And it blows. Maybe that's contributing to my disinterest in the game??? Let that burrow in your mind and chew on some brain cells.

4. T force echoing my thoughts about life existing so if anything that's a mind meld.
this is totally underwhelming. I'm not going to harp on you for not reading into relatively minor events as much as I can but I would have expected more emotion than just "meh." I especially didn't like the second half of response #2 about pairing wolves. I especially^2 hated the vt thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
AA scum read me for unexplained reasons. (I'm going to assume gut read and not liking my lengthy/annoying approach)
Charu is stacking Oh on me, but doesn't go into details about why.
Looking forward to dying mysteriously against the two veterans who normally does the complete opposite of what they normally do.
the wording of this bold part rubs me the wrong way but then I read this post

Quote:
You could explain why you've been town reading me so far. I feel like it's going to become relevant in the near future.

I'm town leaning you for like 2-3 posts that looked pure and also because I haven't really seen anything that looked wolfy from you.
and now I'm really interested in why haku wants to know why people are reading him regardless of if it's a scum or town read. paranoid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
See, I would agree with you on all of this, but I do think that it's too early for them to worry about that, and too early for them to really have a solid grip on their fellow wolves. If anything, they'd try to appear as towny as possible (shocker), to escape day 0 and that's the other thing that would have to affect their reads on their fellow wolf-bros: are the wolves in their towny-reads? Or their wolfy-reads?
ughHHHHHHHHHHHHH this is such a scummy post

Quote:
Originally Posted by storn42 View Post
i just had a thought though. so like woofs right? they're lone and dont know who their partners are. So like, anyone they think could be a woof would be pretty hard to lynch based off of that because they could lynch their partners. That means any woof making a vote would want to do it on someone more of a null persay and not someone who they actively think is woofy. who better than me right? So im just thinking that a woof could put a vote on me seeing that im clearly a scummy storn who is town and not actually a woof.
ughHHHHHHHHHHHHH this is such a scummy post 2: THE SECOND COMING

Quote:
Originally Posted by storn42 View Post
and im not getting mislynched this game.
this is an unforgivable slip

Quote:
storn saying he won't be mislynched gives off an air of being extremely confident to me..
Quote:
Also, my current town circle consists of choof, Haku, and storn.
t-force's response to storn's slip, when paired with the fact that he has him as strong town, is really REALLY fucking weird.

Quote:
I like DFR but I wish he'd be a bit more assertive.
AA's also in there, but he's closer to the border than the above 3.

Dunno how to feel about Arxyi, dadcop, dAnce (I've wolfed with him before and his wolf game was pretty solid, thus the mixed read), freezin, or Pazzaz, and at least 3 of those are for reasons (I think) everyone has.

I don't like MML.

Charu is weird as shit.
but I mostly agree with these aside from dance being null, he dropped the shtick he had going on pretty early and is now decently green
also think AA is top tier town at the moment

Quote:
Second bolded part contradicts first bolded part.

etc etc etc
haku is way too interested in himself and the reads of others on him which throws up a huge red flag
someone will have to convince me of his towniness or scumminess otherwise I have him as a decent scum lean

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
tforce at least till the storn townread is explained. is this a real vote maybe who knows???
liked this post and liked it even more after I read the next few t-force posts because he passed right on over it

Quote:
And let's think about this for a sec... if he's blue, he wouldn't want to draw the wolves' fire, but once he can confirm he's a town, he'd go gung ho.

This game, without that burden of being blue, he can choose to go gung ho from the start. He even brought up how his D0 was bad, and that his D0 this game would emulate his D1 from the turbo.
as a matter of principle, this post is super duper scummy

Quote:
Gonna be gone for the next few hours. I'll try to check up and phone post here and there, but don't expect any masterpieces from me.
"uh shit I can't back up the storn read uhhhhhh okay gotta go bye!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.E. Aryxi View Post
I'm re reading the entire thread and making some notes as I go along cause I passed out hard last night trying to catch up
post them notes, bucko

Quote:
Not everyone scum leans people just because they do something scummy. A few people found your entrance scummy, but I think only choof ended up scum leaning your of a bit. It's a factor, but only something that affects overall perception, not something that "if you see someone do something scummy, YOU MUST SCUM LEAN THEM. Maybe there's something else in hakus mind that's affecting that perception. I'd be interested to know
I glanced right over the post freezinice quoted in this because it was in response to AA, but because they mentioned me specifically I was like "oh hmm wonder what this is about." I think it's weird that freezin is defending haku like this. I wasn't really paying attention to the stuff going on between AA and haku because I have a town read on AA at the moment and I have no idea how to read haku without getting annoyed, so I'm trusting in AA's judgement in that regard.
I agree with the defense by the way, I just think it came outta nowhere

Quote:
Also, way to stick to your guns there Freezin...
as of right now, where I'm at with reading the thread, this is the only good t-force post

Quote:
indeed
for someone that said "i read the whole thang" THIS POST SURE DOES SUCK ASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
That said, I'm keeping him at wolf and shame on everyone for thinking this is town play.
all I'm seeing here is that I can safely disregard everything that mml posts because he is wholly unwilling to listen to other players

Quote:
DFR
a t o m s m a s h m y a n u s

Quote:
Fine guys, here are my reads:
Code:
1. Hakulyte
      1. Partly called out 7.1 nice
      2. Didn't directly say he's town, seems pretty town to me.
      3. pretty null to me so far, having a hard time reading haku
2. AragakiAyase
      1. "First" post doesn't really matter to me
      2. Nice that you're keeping to your promise of pressuring inactives, I like it.
3. R.E. Aryxi
      1. hmm, not much activity
      2. Says he'll post but then doesn't post hmm...
      3. Seems scummy to me
4. Charu
      1. Pretty funny guy, seems nice
      2. Would say that we are mindmelding but I think beyond Oh's and spyros
5. dAnceguy117
      1. Seems like a nice guy
      2. We often think alike
6. danceflashrevo
      1. Chance doesn't work like that...
      2. having a hard time reading him...
7. MixMasterLar
      1. His second post claimed VT hmmmm...
         1. And then he did it again wtf
      2. Threw out suggestions about who his wolf partners were, maybe trying to see what stuck.
         1. #22, #25 and #125 
         2. I don't really know how blind wolves usually play but it seems pretty wolfy to me.
      3. Trying to derail the thread with useless unrelated posts, but if I remember correctly that's normal for him
         1. can anyone confirm?
      4. Lied when he said that choof wanted a discussion on who should die "right now".
      5. Don't really like him, seems pretty scummy
8. choof
      1. Nice read list
      2. Spammy posts
      3. Leave Charu alone
      4. I like him, thinks like me.
9. storn42
      1. Same as 7.2
      2. Not really liking him
10. dadcop2
      1. You're making a big mistake not having an avatar.
            1. it is important to have something like cute anime girls, will make more people like you
      2. null
11. T-Force
      1. sick of cupcakes, policy lynch plz
            1. /s
      2. Not really being that relevant in the game but seems to be picking up the pace now
      3. pretty null to me
12. Pazzaz
      1. best dude
13. FreezinIce
      1. low content / post
      2. null
I now these reads are pretty bland but it's all I can give you.
So in summary most people are null to me but MML is my biggest scum and Charu is my biggest town.

Anything specific you wanna talk about?
jesus christ on a cracker for someone that said they read the thread these certainly are some shit reads
aside from the formatting, I like the formatting. bonus points for [code][/code]

Quote:
to be clear, 9 times out of 10 I wouldn't consider lynching AA first phase and this game prob falls in the 9, but that quote ^ up there is worth discussion IMO
nah I don't think so. it's a weird post but I don't think there's anything to be gained from looking into it

Quote:
I read it as a slip but then realized what he was trying to say. I decided not to call him out on it because his answer would be super predictable.?

Quote:
you'd actually consider lynching me for that? lmfao
Quote:
??? them being lost makes them able to scumhunt more naturally so it's significantly harder
Quote:
no, that's not what I meant to convey, I meant to clarify that I'm probably not considering lynching you today - just because normally if I say something someone says/does is "odd" or "weird," I'm implying that I'm toying with the idea.

I can see how you inferred that tho, I didn't words very good
this was a good interaction

Quote:
Like i said before I was trying to keep up with the thread and was reading to get a response out. It wasn't till i got home that I was able to actually put my thoughts together.
D-D-D-D-DEFLECTED

Quote:
whoa
a good mml post color me surprised

Quote:
Low activity? check.
Hasty conclusions? check.
Sheeps on Haku? check.

Yeah, I agree.
cleave me in two with a wiifit mat

Quote:
Oh no I actually missed that post.

AA: Has been one of the most actives and pressures well to help the game. Has been interacting with pretty much everyone and I like most of his posts today. Seems the most towny to me today. Town lean.
Choof: I honestly don't know where to place you. Null.
Dfr: Oh, he's back. From what I've sifted through i generally don't like more posts than I do. - scumlean
Dadcop: null to town, I like how he pops in with the smaller posts and I generally like the way he's playing.
charu summed up my reaction to this post better than I could ever do in words

after this post there was like a page of talking about a different game and I really can't be assed to go look at old games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Oh
good reads

okay ughghudhguh I'm gonna continue reading casually because it doesn't seem like there's too much going on after this so I'll make a second post when I start reading things that are more juicy
Old 12-4-2016, 03:52 PM   #1023
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I'm clearing R.E. Aryxi because I have a problem with reading his posts coming from a wolf mindset.

That part in particular:
Quote:
Haku has been the only person that pitched the idea of communication through puzzles.
He's adding a new view of the game.
He's not sheeping others.
He's not staying utr at all by doing this.
It's not something a wolf may have wanted to bring up normally.

Does R.E. Aryxi normally derp as much as he did here so far in previous games?

Yeah. Maybe not "normally", but he certainly did many things like losing an argument and replacing out as Town.

I still don't think it's "red flag" territory for him.
At his level of play, I don't think he will become a danger and the longer you can keep an eye on him, the easier it will be to clear him/decide to lynch him.

Lynching him now wouldn't provide a lot of information. If he's still a derpy derp after D0 then by all means, lynch him. Now? Probably a bad idea.

I'm still having nightmares about R.E. Aryxi always flipping Town every game I decide to think "he may finally have rolled wolf".
Old 12-4-2016, 03:57 PM   #1024
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
and now I'm really interested in why haku wants to know why people are reading him regardless of if it's a scum or town read. paranoid?
I have a really bad losing streak on TWG and I keep assuming everyone wants to kill me D0 as a policy lynch because it's what I keep seeing every time I finish a game. So yeah, I'm definitely paranoid.

I'm also playing with fire with my "puzzles and bs" when I could have simply sit back and thrown reads once in a while. I wanted more action because I love seeing things happening.
Old 12-4-2016, 03:58 PM   #1025
choof
Banned

Quote:
I don't. I think he's an excellent choice for a lynch to be honest

But a] everyone thinks he's town over meta and this being my first game with him I'll have to concede that point
I'm 100% positive that this is a straight up contradiction with a post mml made earlier in the game and nowhere between that post and this one was there anything that alluded to a change of heart

Quote:
Policy vote on charu that will move pending him actually doing anything.
wasted vote, you know charu's not going to give up the shtick today
Old 12-4-2016, 04:00 PM   #1026
choof
Banned

Quote:
I can rest assured that since pazazz and charu are on mml scum list they are lock clear humans in my eyes. but policy vote is policy vote and its really just a statement about my dislike of your gimmick at the moment. Nothing persinal charu
Old 12-4-2016, 04:06 PM   #1027
choof
Banned

Quote:
how do you feel about ppl townreading you
outside of the context of the game, it feels pretty good

Quote:
have you ever been present for an hour or less of EOD before
I can't remember the last time I missed an eod

Quote:
what's your favorite post in any game of TWG
probably an early zenith post
Old 12-4-2016, 04:08 PM   #1028
choof
Banned

hey nice now that I'm caught up there's only one person viewing the thread that I'd actually like to engage in dialogue with but he's memeposting
Old 12-4-2016, 04:08 PM   #1029
choof
Banned

Quote:
I have a really bad losing streak on TWG
elaborate
do you mean you have a bad game losing streak? or that you have a personally bad dying streak?
Old 12-4-2016, 04:15 PM   #1030
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
hey nice now that I'm caught up there's only one person viewing the thread that I'd actually like to engage in dialogue with but he's memeposting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 12-4-2016, 04:16 PM   #1031
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to AragakiAyase

Quote:
hey pazzaz talk to me

any thoughts on the game right now
Quote:
ffs pazzaz
choof first post was when I saw pazzaz in thread

2nd post was when I saw him not in thread

pikakirby123 reincarnated

Old 12-4-2016, 04:18 PM   #1032
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

top 3 lynches

Haku -
AA - T-force, storn, MML
aryxi -
charu - T-force, storn, MML
danceguy - T-force, aryxi
dfr - aryxi, storn, MML
MML -
choof -
storn -
dadcop - t-force, storn, freezin
t-force - aryxi, freezin, MML
pazzaz - MML, aryxi, storn
freezin - storn, t-force, aryxi

Old 12-4-2016, 04:21 PM   #1033
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

gonna get dinner, then will be in thread until EOD

Old 12-4-2016, 04:22 PM   #1034
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I'm seeing storn in the thread constantly, yet no posts, and he has left in between so it's not like there's a left-open tab.
Anybody home?
Old 12-4-2016, 04:24 PM   #1035
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran

storn

looks like people like storn, MML, t-force, freezin, or aryxi

if we end up CFDing outside there I will be disappointed

Old 12-4-2016, 04:25 PM   #1036
Hakulyte
the Haku

@ Choof

I mean that I have a bad game losing streak and I keep assuming people will naturally lynch me for it.

Loss TWG Turbo VIII #Destroyed - 2 wolves still alive. (died D1)
Loss TWG Turbo VII #Destroyed - 2 wolves still alive. (died endgame)
Loss Fire Emblem (Replacement) - made game worse by being here and Neee did miracles, but it wasn't enough.
Loss Turbo VI Killed the Seer, got stomped instantly after.
Loss TWG CLIX Made the entire wolf team die in 2 days. If there was no SK, that was #destroyed status.
Old 12-4-2016, 04:26 PM   #1037
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Quote:
top 3 lynches

Haku -
AA - T-force, storn, MML
aryxi -
charu - T-force, storn, MML
danceguy - T-force, aryxi
dfr - aryxi, storn, MML
MML -
choof -
storn -
dadcop - t-force, storn, freezin
t-force - aryxi, freezin, MML
pazzaz - MML, aryxi, storn
freezin - storn, t-force, aryxi
5 T-Force's
6 storn's
5 MML's
5 Aryxi's
2 freezin's

Welp, at least there's consistency in reads so far. I do also feel confident that there is 1 wolf for sure in the 5+s. Maaaybe 2.
Old 12-4-2016, 04:26 PM   #1038
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Dammit AA with the ninja.
Old 12-4-2016, 04:32 PM   #1039
AragakiAyase
Waifus
FFR Veteran