Old 12-3-2016, 02:49 AM   #382
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: TWG CLXI - Egregious Miscalculations GAME THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
what the fuck is the point is posting that moonrune shit
I'm trying to see how people will react to me wasting my time doing something irrelevant.
Old 12-3-2016, 02:52 AM   #383
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

stop being annoying and bad
Old 12-3-2016, 02:53 AM   #384
Hakulyte
the Haku

How do I stop being annoying and bad?
Old 12-3-2016, 02:59 AM   #385
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

idk but choof just got a new avi and it's new

Why are you here?
Old 12-3-2016, 02:59 AM   #386
choof
Banned

for starters, do less of this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
I can probably do both considering the pace this game is going. Let me show you what I think of 1Q84 Synopsis.

Look, this taxi driver is definitely suspicious. One does not just tell someone else that doing something "change the very nature of reality".

So, our savage wolf buddy is Aomame and the Police didn't check her on N1. She used awesome god tier disguise abilities to hide her from being seen as wolf. Okay, whatever. Let's continue.

Aomeme must be one of my Turbo VII cousins who travel through dimension and become stupid because of it. I'm afraid if she gets caught near the end, it's because of that. TIME WILL TELL! - MML copyright

I see, gunsmith entered the game.

Oh, she has some sort of day action for checking her memories interesting.

I'm starting to see why you want me to check this out.

Ah, why did it have to be a math teacher? I'm pretty sure DFR is devastated by this fact too because he voted his calc prof at the beginning of the game.

Okay so, Eri Fuk-yah is dyslexic and can't handler her own voting process to lynch the manuscript. I can totally relate and sympathize with her here.

Tengo's found out that there's more than one wolf left to lynch to win the game. That's great. I was worried about Town winning too easily.

Yeah, Fukada is totally fuked to say the least here. When someone see someone as an utopia as a certainty, you can tell the tunnel vision started and that the downfall will inevitably occur.

"Unthinking robots" ? Well, see it like being prisoner of tunnel vision and compromising acceptance that it's probably better if you think that was to comfort yourself into doing something that under any normal circumstances would be considered as abnormal.

tl;dr: That's the mindset for losing games. I know, I'm an expert in this.

Nice plot twist, I didn't knew wolves had gunsmiths too. This game is starting to be more fair now. Whoever wrote this is good at TWG.

Feelsbadman. Fuka-Eri sounds like she got muted by an ability or she's starting to become the worse kind of players that has graced Planet Earth on TWG. The inactives.

Ebisuno rolled medic. Sounds legit.

Mystical Events? Sounds like a one-shot ability or a special host only event.
Tengo clearly rolled Cop or something for sure.

Dowager? One-Shot Assassin? Hey this is relevant to my previous game. I'm hyped.

I think I've seen something relevant before.. Oh, found it.

Huh, okay.

Leader hard claim Telekinesis user and he can hear voices as well? Sounds like an OP role from a mystery game for not be one-shot or two-shot.

Oshi- Tengo. There's a red Cop too. Leader get NK'd N2.
Ushikawa is replacing Town Cop and has a check on Aomame.

Ushikawa tracking Tengo, Aomame & Dowager same day? OP.

Ushikawa got NK'd. Tamaru just got in the game.

There's too many wolves in this game MML. I would prefer if you made me read something where both sides are equal.
and more of this
Quote:
Anyway, Choof has a nice read list. I'm liking it. I also think we need to throw inactives into the fray as soon as possible but that's like common sense.
I wasn't joking when I said I wanted Storn and R.E. Aryxi to lead the game. I want to see shenanigans happening from them.
T-Force/FreezinIce have been kinda absent too. dadcop2 is almost relevant, but not quite yet.
Pazzaz is also known for posting very little, but at same time very meaningful content so, I'm not really worried about him.
Old 12-3-2016, 03:14 AM   #387
Hakulyte
the Haku

I'm worried about dAnceguy, Storn, T-Force and FreezinIce.

If I had to make a top 3 of scum presidency, it would be:

1. dAnceguy117 (still post in a manner that's wolfy fmpov)
2. Storn (derping and double voting Charu. May revisit after he posts a few more times.)
3. FreezinIce (used memes to bypass entrance)

T-Force suffers from "please post more" syndrome.

If EoD was in 5min, I would lynch dAnceguy117.
Old 12-3-2016, 03:42 AM   #388
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

I am now unwilling to lynch Haku today rofl that was amazing, although to missed the part where Tengo impregnates Aomame through Eri because something something destiny

That part triggered me.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

Old 12-3-2016, 03:46 AM   #389
choof
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
1. dAnceguy117 (still post in a manner that's wolfy fmpov)
2. Storn (derping and double voting Charu. May revisit after he posts a few more times.)
3. FreezinIce (used memes to bypass entrance)

T-Force suffers from "please post more" syndrome.

If EoD was in 5min, I would lynch dAnceguy117.
okay so I don't think danceguy is scummy right now
which posts stand out to you as wolfy and why do they seem scummy?

I already think storn is a good shot for today
freezinice did the shitpost meta and disappeared out of the blue so there's not really much there to go off of

convince me on why danceguy would be the best kill today
Old 12-3-2016, 03:48 AM   #390
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceflashrevo View Post
pete its too late to say sorry, the deeds been done. good lord.

@choof idk if charu's color coded posts are indicative of anything, unless you're seeing something that i'm not. i agree with your statement on mml though in that post. i don't know why he's bringing up that he's frustrated a lot, its weird and if we learned anything from last game we don't clear people based on that............ilycharu
You better post examples of this and why it means I'm scummy or I'm voting you. You're clearly trying to sheep off of Choof's read but don't have solid footing on why you would scumread me. I am not letting you pull a Nee and try to just settle me down at the buttom of the list for no reason.

-

Anyway, I just found out that Tomb Raider '96 will not work on older PS3 models for whatever reason, so the 4 people who where looking forward to me live tweeting that game are shit outta luck sadly. I kind of feel like shit for that.

Oh, Haku: I brought it up because I had a waffle house waitress tell me the book is masterfully written for intellectuals and if I didn't get all the subtext it's because it wasn't written for me. I'm trying to figure out what the fuck I missed the 2 times I read it but I think she's just full of crap.

If you want a good Murakami book I suggest After Dark but for Heaven's sake just pay the 5 dollars for it and read it, not try to tear into the wiki.

Old 12-3-2016, 03:51 AM   #391
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

If you're talking about serious lynches right with like a third of the player base yet to make a significant presence your opinion probably doesn't matter right now j/s

Old 12-3-2016, 03:51 AM   #392
choof
Banned

no idea what mml is doing rn but i don't like it
Old 12-3-2016, 03:54 AM   #393
choof
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
If you're talking about serious lynches right with like a third of the player base yet to make a significant presence your opinion probably doesn't matter right now j/s
okay so i know you think that you're making a good post here
but
you literally just said "your opinion doesn't matter because a few people haven't posted a lot"

do you know how asinine that is?
Old 12-3-2016, 03:56 AM   #394
choof
Banned

5/13 players have 20 posts itt as of now
why should that cause opinions to not matter
Old 12-3-2016, 03:56 AM   #395
choof
Banned

rather, they have less than 20 posts
Old 12-3-2016, 03:58 AM   #396
choof
Banned

I would argue that the other 8 players who have more than 20 posts have posted enough content to start thinking seriously about lynches

I seriously have no idea how you could come up with that statement
Old 12-3-2016, 04:04 AM   #397
choof
Banned

k gnight i'm actually falling asleep

someone else post a read list while i'm asleep so i can start the day off with some good content
Old 12-3-2016, 04:14 AM   #398
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
okay so i know you think that you're making a good post here
but
you literally just said "your opinion doesn't matter because a few people haven't posted a lot"

do you know how asinine that is?
We're not far enough in this game for town to form serious wagons and if you think we are you've clearly been out of the game for too long.

Most people don't even have a reads list and if they where to make one on the spot I bet there would be a hell of alot of "nulls" in there. This is made worst by the fact that we do have inactives who haven't made any impact (rather you want to acknowledge how significant that is or not). We need to start forming opinions on all the players before we start talking about which one to collectively off.

That said, I can do my best to come up with a reads list real quick, although I can promise you it's still too early to really tell for alot of players.

Old 12-3-2016, 04:22 AM   #399
Hakulyte
the Haku

I kind of hate to push and explain things so early, but I'll explain you what the hell I've been doing with my puzzles and bullshit posts before you guys think I'm just retarded.

Lonewolf x3 is kind of a special game because wolves don't know each others.

One of the ways for them to communicate with each others would be to soft-defend who they think the others are.

In the first pages or so, he says a lot of stuff that's not particularly alignment indicative. His entrance was kinda safe, but he just pointed at things instead of telling how he feels about the game. That's kind of easy to do and I'm not wolf leaning him for that.

This post made me worried:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
post #55 as a first post of the game would be kinda wolfy coming from anyone here but haku, but it came from haku.
I think he said this because he thinks I'm a wolf so, it's like he was defending me indirectly so he doesn't have to deal with me.

Quote:
LOOK AT AA BEING ALL DEFENSIVE AND EFFORTPOSTING AFTER BEING CALLED OUT OVER BASICALLY NOTHING
Quote:
because this is something that only wolves do humans will never do this, trust me I am good at this game
Why would you need to do this? That's post #239 -> #240. He's commenting his own post and that's kind of weird to me.
Quote:
Contentful Post #1

Gee, early game sure has changed from what it was like back in my day. RVS was so common that it was practically a requirement. Part of the shift might be that the first day phase was pretty much never longer than the rest of them, as is common now (and is a good standard, in my opinion).

With a little over 48 hours remaining in the phase, I would like to start seeing more players be pressured. I think we have reached the point where pressuring someone isn't all that random; however, the first player to be significantly pressured probably shouldn't be lynched this phase - at least, not on the first go. The lead wagon can come back around to them before EoD if it's actually warranted.

Could anyone tell me how many games this gentleman has played historically, both on FFR as well as on other sites? That could help me to properly adjust my expectations, which would likely lead to a better-developed read early on.

That isn't exactly what I meant. Rather than applying a general archetype to players in order to try to determine alignments, I am also trying to consider what I know about the person who makes each post and each play. You are not the only one where a situation like this one would come up; there have also been posts made by choof so far this game, for example, where I feel I must take into consideration his normal posting style and his natural tendency to, at times, react strongly over relatively minor events.

In this case, your entrance was clearly the product of a significant amount of time thinking, composing, and proofreading (in addition to making a few seemingly serious reads despite such little content prior to the post); for many players, that would be unusual - and thus, potentially suspicious - behavior. However, knowing both the type of player you are and even the way you post and communicate outside of The Werewolf Game, I would consider it to be fairly routine.

Could you elaborate on this? Just how committed are you to holding fast to it? Would you go so far as to lynch a lone inactive in the first day phase if that player has no resulting change in activity? Would you agree that establishing this type of meta can make for a very convenient out in the first day phase or two, if and when you roll wolf?

Could you elaborate on this? I think I've got a body read on you, but I could use some more info before reaching a definitive judgment.

See posts #254 for the missing quotes to understand context.

About the bolded: Explain to me how the hell is that a standard view of me.

There's only 2 ways I see this.

1.) You don't care about my meta for some reason and you're giving me the benefit of doubt for free. Give me a Town Game examples of me doing this. Hint: There's none. This is new.

You reading me like you did for posting seriously/prepared D0 is weird.

2.) You want to distance yourself from me because you don't want to become the center of attention. (makes sense if you're a lonewolf)

tl;dr: Explain to me why you read me this way.

Quote:
the MML vote wasn't actually for pressure, I was just sad because I was called bad, it is true though I don't know anything about twg-MML other than sunfan told me he played well last game.
Huh, I don't understand the thinking process behind your MML vote. Please explain.

Quote:
this is a better question than the one I answered that no one asked me lol, idk maybe you or haku or tforce, not for anything that has actually happened but rather because I perceive you to be more likely to do something that's readable than other players, which is all I can hope for d0. maybe I'm underestimating you tho you tell me :^)
So, what's your answer? :^)

Everything else are white noise posts fmpov and does nothing to contribute to the game.
Old 12-3-2016, 04:27 AM   #400
choof
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
We're not far enough in this game for town to form serious wagons and if you think we are you've clearly been out of the game for too long.
we're roughly half way into the first day and if you don't think that even out of the top 6 posters there isn't at least one wolf then you're a plethora of negative adjectives but the one I'll use here is naive

Quote:
Most people don't even have a reads list and if they where to make one on the spot I bet there would be a hell of alot of "nulls" in there.
but there's most likely going to be at least one town read and one scum read and this is content that other players can bounce off of.

Quote:
This is made worst by the fact that we do have inactives who haven't made any impact (rather you want to acknowledge how significant that is or not). We need to start forming opinions on all the players before we start talking about which one to collectively off.
every game has at least one inactive; you really believe that we should wait for every player to make posts? we'll be here until 5 minutes prior to eod reading shitty posts from freezinice about why we shouldn't lynch them when we should have taken initiative and looked for a better target.

Quote:
That said, I can do my best to come up with a reads list real quick, although I can promise you it's still too early to really tell for alot of players.
but can you promise me there's enough content so far to tell for myself, or haku, or AA, or dfr, or danceguy, or charu, or storn?

I think you're scared to make any kind of decision that has weight to it.
Closed Thread