Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events > Tournaments
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 11:07 PM   #21
mnnicol
U mirin'?
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Omnipwn Tournament: Dual Core

In
Old 05-17-2008, 11:13 PM   #22
Orange Dude
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I'm in. I've got to at least attempt to lose. haha
Old 05-17-2008, 11:16 PM   #23
massflavour
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to massflavour Send a message via MSN to massflavour

In.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:17 PM   #24
EAGAMES
Y0FACE!
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

In for the keyboard! I have a really crappy keyboard so yea.
Round 2: 4 Chord Touhou (AAA)
Round 3: October (1.0.0.1)
Round 4: Silly Symphony (1.0.0.0)
Round 5: Hardkore Atomic (4.0.0.1)
Round 6: Blue Rose (2.0.0.0)
Round 7: La Dump (Eliminated for being lazy.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
EA will wander into his house with twenty minutes remaining in the round, load up FFR, realize he needs to ****, go to do so, discover he's hungry, whip up a gourmet meal, return to FFR with five minutes to go, play la camp once, and missflag on the 2154th arrow because scythe of 13 is watching him
Old 05-17-2008, 11:17 PM   #25
ChrisReams
Trap Music Producer
FFR Veteran

Im in
Old 05-17-2008, 11:25 PM   #26
crobins
FFR Player

Im in.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:26 PM   #27
infinity.
sideways 8
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to infinity.

im in.

nerds
Old 05-17-2008, 11:27 PM   #28
Commandersa1
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I'm so in!

Old 05-17-2008, 11:30 PM   #29
TNGxKailure
FFR Player

In
Old 05-17-2008, 11:35 PM   #30
HammyMcSquirrel
Everlong
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

I'll join this.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:38 PM   #31
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Netjet! Send a message via Skype™ to Netjet!

Oh no, hammy's in.

By the way, Rubix, will you be participating in this yourself?

ALMOST 1600 POSTS holy crap 100 posts in a day.
Old 05-17-2008, 11:41 PM   #32
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Round 1

Gaming Challenge
Four-Second Fury: http://www.kongregate.com/games/jmtb02/four-second-fury
A favorite from the previous Omnipwn era, Four-Second Fury is the perfect way to start off the tournament's gaming challenges. A barrage of minigames will come flying your way, to which you must quickly figure out what to do, and then win, all in under four seconds per game.
Objective: Beat the game as quickly as you can. You will not lose points for losing lives -- all that matters is the time. Take a screenshot of the final results screen after beating the final boss and paste it in this thread. If you have played this game before, you are not allowed to use an older screenshot. First place will be awarded 1000 points, with a 1% drop for each lower rank.

Mental Challenge
The theme of this round's Mental Challenge? Grids! Solve the following 5 puzzles. Please PM me your solutions. Each puzzle is worth 200 points for a full, complete answer -- no partial credit:

Place the numbers 1-7 on these blue squares such that the distance between consecutive numbers increases. For instance, the distance between the 6 and 7 squares needs to be longer than the distance between the 5 and 6 squares, which needs to be longer than the 4 and 5 distance, and so forth. The distance between any two squares should be measured from the center of one square to the other.

You are a cyborg living at square A. The only thing you are able to do is your Movement algorithm. Your Movement algorithm is four moves long, and a move can be either Left, Down, Up, or Right. You will always excute the same four moves over and over again. If you try to execute a move that is not possible at your location, then that move is simply skipped (e.g. if you have to move Right and there is a wall to your immediate right, the move is skipped and you proceed onto the next move). What four moves should your Movement algorithm execute if you wish to get from A to B?

Make your way from square A to square B. You can move in a straight path horizontally or vertically however many spaces you wish, but you can only make right turns on the Red squares, and you can only make left turns on the Lime squares. You can also travel straight over a colored square if you wish -- you don't have to turn if you don't want to. You cannot, however, make a turn on a non-colored square. Figure out how to get from A to B.

The final A-to-B grid puzzle in this case is relatively simple. You must make your way from A to B, but you must go across equal numbers of each color along the way (if you go across X yellows, you must also go across X greens, X purples, X reds, and X blues). No diagonal movements are allowed -- just horizontal and vertical ones. You also cannot go over a given square more than once.

Fill in the correct squares. A number indicates how many squares in that row/column are filled in. Click here for an example solution to a random problem if you need clarification. If a row or column has more than one number, it means there are space/spaces inbetween. So a row with 1,1,1 means there is 1 filled in square followed by some number of spaces, followed by 1 filled in square, followed by some number of spaces, followed by 1 filled in square.

FFR Challenge
We're going to start off with some easier songs to get you guys warmed up. Complete the following 4 FFR challenges. Each challenge has a maximum of 250 points, and the number of points received depends on how close to a perfect score you get. Please post your submissions as screenshots in this thread.
1. Get as many Boos on Falling Into You (Dance, Page 1) as you can. However, at absolutely no point during the song's duration can your life bar plummet below 0 (which will be considered a fail), even after the final arrow. Thus, there is a maximum Boo count for this challenge -- see how close you can get!
2. Your task is to play Excite Bike (Arcade, Page 1), and you must maximize X as best as you can, where X = (1.5 * Goods) + (1 * Averages). In other words, getting Goods is better than getting Averages. Any Boos or Misses you get will be ignored -- all that matters is your Good and Average count.
3. A simple PA task: Get the best score that you can on Zodiac (Dance, Page 4).
4. If you thought Zodiac was too easy, then try this as well: Get the best score that you can on Twilight Techno (Dance2, Page 1) but with the Tornado mod activated.

Last edited by MrRubix; 06-9-2008 at 09:12 PM..
Old 05-17-2008, 11:43 PM   #33
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Netjet! Send a message via Skype™ to Netjet!

Meh, it could.

Actually, not really if it's a mental one. :P
Old 05-17-2008, 11:43 PM   #34
awein999
(ಠ⌣ಠ)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to awein999

in
Old 05-18-2008, 12:19 AM   #35
t-rogdor
tane orb
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to t-rogdor

In, as long as i dont have to Watch AMV hell 0 again.
*shudders*
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:20 AM   #36
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Round 2

Gaming Challenge
TBA Two: http://armorgames.com/play/1595/tba-two
TBA Two is a game that requires careful planning, but at the same time it calls for some quick reflexes, making it a worthy addition to the tournament. It's still a fairly easy game, but hopefully by now you guys should be able to ease into something a little harder.
Objective: Get as many of the Achievements that you can. Top rank is 1000 points, with a 1% drop for each lower rank. Since there is a bug preventing one from getting the Aqua Marine Achievement (as well as This Was A Triumph, which is awarded when you get the other 29 Achievements), instead aim for the other 28. I'll award the 29th and 30th Achievements for getting the stars in every level. Take a screenshot of your Achievements screen and post it in this thread, and if you have all the stars, post a screenshot of your Unlock Realms screen.

Mental Challenge
This time, the mental puzzles are all about words. Please PM me your solutions. Each puzzle is worth 200 points for a full, complete answer -- no partial credit:
This challenge requires you to transform one word into another by changing a single letter in each step, so that each link in the chain is a valid word. For example, to change MORE into LESS with 3 links: MORE, lore, lose, loss, LESS. Change the word CLOWN into DRAIN with 3 links.
Find a pair of rhyming words, which start with the given letters, that will satisfy the given definition. For instance, FB = Comical Rabbit would have a valid solution of Funny Bunny. You must figure out the following 4 definitions (you only get credit for this riddle if you solve all four correctly):
a. CM = Obese Ape
b. SC = Unusual Transformation
c. JT = Song of Summer
d. NH = Cold
I will provide you with a list of word fragments. You can add letters before the fragment and/or behind the fragment but not within the fragment itself. You must "fill in" the fragments by adding letters, turning it into a valid English word. For example, the fragment tche could be completed to become the word catcher. There is more than one right answer for a given fragment, so your answer will count as long as the word is valid. Again, you only get credit for this riddle if you solve all the fragments correctly:
a. llel
b. iloli
c. ioa
d. thom
e. choa
f. nhu
g. ghw
A variant of a famous problem: "One day, I was thinking of a number while at McDonalds. I ordered some fries, then arranged them to spell out the number in word form (in English, of course). I was able to do this using entirely straight fries, to my surprise. Even more surprising, however, was the fact that the number of fries I had used to spell out the number was, in fact, equal to the value of the number I had spelled! I forgot what number I had been thinking of, though. Care to tell me what it was?"
There are 30 triplets in the following code box. You need to put these triplets together to form coherent words/phrases/etc. One of the words that is formed from these triplets is the category that describes all other words/phrases in this riddle. For instance, imagine I gave you these triplets: fee, ksh, dri, ake, nks, mil, cof. You would rearrange these triplets to form "Drinks, coffee, milkshake." As you can see, "drinks" is the word that categorizes the others. You cannot re-use/duplicate triplets -- just move them around and rearrange them to form the new words. There are 8 phrases to be extracted from the code box. Good luck:
Code:
atu ore gar ars wdp ser aim sei fin rid
asy hem the ten lun rtc iia ion yuu lea
hyb pfi alf ant asc les ant cro rat ste

FFR Challenge
Now we're going to jack the difficulty up just a bit. It should still be straightforward, but a little trickier than before. Each challenge is, again, worth 250 points.
1. Try to get the lowest combo that you can on Brightone (Dance2, Page 1), while also passing the song. A combo of 1 is worth 250 points, decreasing by 10 points per additional combo.
2. A test of memory perhaps? Get the best score that you can on Free Space (FFR Edit) (Dance1, Page1), but with the Stealth Mod activated. You don't have to pass it.
3. Get the highest score you can on Say It Right (Sanxion7 Remix) (Dance1, Page 9) with the Mini Mod activated. You don't have to pass it.
4. Get the highest score you can on Torinouta (Noise Rave Remix) (Dance2, Page 6) with the Dizzy Mod activated. You don't have to pass it.

Last edited by MrRubix; 06-9-2008 at 09:12 PM..
Old 05-18-2008, 12:21 AM   #37
jonathanasdf
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to jonathanasdf

you know I'm in.. I always am;

HOWEVER, I won't do as well... I'm gone the first and second weeks of July...

So there better not be speed rounds or uber whoring rounds because I will have MINIMAL time to play...

If you could start this earlier that'd be great to. When nobody signs up for 2 days straight, could you start this thing?

thanks, and PM me when it starts.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:31 AM   #38
t-rogdor
tane orb
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to t-rogdor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
What the heck is AMV hell 0?
Let me put it this way: Basically, it's an AMV (Anime Music Video) Except it's like 40 minutes long. Number 0 was made intended to be a vulgar and disgusting and perverted as it could be.

Last time i saw that many C***s in 40 minutes, i was watching the presidential debate. I'm still kinda freaked out about it, and i keep thinking someone's going to force me to watch it again.
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:37 AM   #39
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

If the tournament starts June 15th, and each round begins every 3 days, with a week to catch up after Round 14, and a week for Round 1, that means the tournament lasts until roughly the end of the first week of August. There should be plenty of time to do all that you want to do, even if you're gone for a week or two over the summer.

There aren't going to be any rounds where you are penalized for not being here on time for something.

Last edited by MrRubix; 05-18-2008 at 12:40 AM..
Old 05-18-2008, 12:39 AM   #40
BigBoss37
Veteran Member
FFR Veteran

I'll play.
Closed Thread