Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2014, 04:49 PM   #21
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz
Default Re: TWG Penalty Thread

I did make an announcement though, it was at the end of game 106, and was said in skype. Also, it was said in a few other threads as well. I just never made the thread till now.

Xiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:01 AM   #22
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

I don't think Snowcrafta should be up there. He was banned repeatedly, he wasn't intentionally skipping out on the game. There was no way he could've known he was going to be banned before signing up. Whoever banned him should be on the naughty list IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:03 AM   #23
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
I don't think Snowcrafta should be up there. He was banned repeatedly, he wasn't intentionally skipping out on the game. There was no way he could've known he was going to be banned before signing up. Whoever banned him should be on the naughty list IMO
Maybe he could have just not done bannable things and then it wouldn't be a problem?
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:06 AM   #24
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
Maybe he could have just not done bannable things and then it wouldn't be a problem?
I'm the same way. It still causes grief on the rest of the players in game. I think that's perhaps the bigger issue?

Old 02-18-2014, 11:18 AM   #25
FoJaR
The Worst

Send a message via AIM to FoJaR Send a message via MSN to FoJaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
i mean i think you, me, and snowcrafta could have guessed that he would be banned before the game ended.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:24 PM   #26
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

I think it's messed up that people treat new people as harshly as they do in this game. I don't always make the wolf/mafia connection because I've only seen the game here. The game to me is the wolf game not the mafia game. People go in and out of different terms, roles are constantly changing by game, it's a lot to take in as a new player just getting used to it. I could read every guide on it and probably still have to ask questions at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedolad View Post
I'm sorry but it does say, "acts like a wolf".. which sort of implies that the SK gets a night kill.

Also information regarding the setup wasn't withheld or anything, all of the information was made public. The fact that you didn't prepare for the game shouldn't be made into an excuse. I understand this is your first time playing this setup, but don't you think it would've been beneficial to yourself and to the rest of us if you took the extra 15 minutes to look through a Wiki page? Maybe a few just to get a general feel for the terms? I mean yeah we're playing a Mafia setup and it's weird because Mafia terms don't translate nicely to TWG, but at the very least you should've prepared for the game.
I don't believe for a second that this was just some act to find out my role. This was chastising me for misunderstanding a role in the game and asking about it.
Then no less even after I leave I continue to get shit on about the situation. How about just get off it already? Trust me you've got your wish j-rodd I wont join another.

I don't even think that people should be getting punished for first time requests for replacements. If you have people who just disappear and don't bother to say anything at all I guess that's one thing, but if someone's been actively participating and needs to ask for a replacement I don't see why they should be punished over it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:31 PM   #27
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

@Kayla, regarding the cedolad post, that can all be part of TWG. trying to upset someone, trying to make someone angry, trying to shake someone's confidence - those are all valid tactics. new players will only be given special treatment inside of a game if that plays into the game itself.

that being said I think the comments after the game should have been more understanding.

the idea of the rules here is to discourage someone from signing up for a game if they don't think they'll be able to see it through. having to replace someone negatively impacts a game.
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:33 PM   #28
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Leaving a game creates grief for other players in the game. FFR for some reason thinks it's okay to allow so many replacements in a game, and that is not happening anymore. The first penalty is nothing more then a warning, that's why it's there instead of a game ban which was implemented in the past.

This thread is not going to turn into a debate over who was right or wrong in what happened during that game. The penalty is nothing more then a replacement for first time offenders. The penalty stands.

Old 02-18-2014, 12:35 PM   #29
Xiz
TWG Chaos

(Ninja'd by dance) - but what he said as well

Old 02-18-2014, 12:40 PM   #30
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
@Kayla, regarding the cedolad post, that can all be part of TWG. trying to upset someone, trying to make someone angry, trying to shake someone's confidence - those are all valid tactics. new players will only be given special treatment inside of a game if that plays into the game itself.

that being said I think the comments after the game should have been more understanding.

the idea of the rules here is to discourage someone from signing up for a game if they don't think they'll be able to see it through. having to replace someone negatively impacts a game.
What he said doesn't sound like a tactic to me. When I came into this people said don't worry about being new just ask questions etc. Then I got heavily shit on for asking a question when I got thrown off by something someone said about the SK role.

I'm sure there are people who sign up thinking they have the time to play and then run into issues. I started having less time to play this last game because of some irl issues that had come up but tried to play on anyway. The end result was me being too over stressed to deal with the game and rage quitting anyway. I was in no way in the right frame of mind after things that happened but me asking for a replacement would have put me here.

I just don't think it should be oh well you asked for a replacement so you're getting a penalty. I think certain things should be looked at like, did the person just disappear for no reason, do they have a tendency to ask for replacements, etc.
Quote:
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:

Quote:
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Old 02-18-2014, 12:41 PM   #31
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
I think it's messed up that people treat new people as harshly as they do in this game. I don't always make the wolf/mafia connection because I've only seen the game here. The game to me is the wolf game not the mafia game. People go in and out of different terms, roles are constantly changing by game, it's a lot to take in as a new player just getting used to it. I could read every guide on it and probably still have to ask questions at times.

I don't believe for a second that this was just some act to find out my role. This was chastising me for misunderstanding a role in the game and asking about it.
Then no less even after I leave I continue to get shit on about the situation. How about just get off it already? Trust me you've got your wish j-rodd I wont join another.

I don't even think that people should be getting punished for first time requests for replacements. If you have people who just disappear and don't bother to say anything at all I guess that's one thing, but if someone's been actively participating and needs to ask for a replacement I don't see why they should be punished over it.
a) he doesn't know your role

b) in this instance he was protecting himself as the SK

you cant defend yourself, it was completely unacceptable and ruined part of the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
wow
j-rodd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:47 PM   #32
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Having played this game for quite some time, I'm just going to point out that game threads do get quite heated at times.

Cedo totally attacked you and your newness to the game. In a lot of other games, it's taboo to do that, you let the newer people learn to play the game before you jump on them. This game however, puts personalities against each other and often times people say cutting remarks about each other to try to shake someone's confidence.

IE: (from a former game)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2
Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2
I have no idea why he was trying to implicate Ac1 and Alain, but it's irrelevant now. We either trust fiction is a human, or we believe he is a wolf. If he's a wolf we've already lost the game.
That's simply not true. We are not at lynch or lose, we will be if we don't lynch a wolf today. Fiction is not holding this game hostage and the fact that you are pretending he is shows a complete lack of foresight. What do the humans gain from believing that the game is currently at lynch-or-lose, Manti? A dramatic sense that should make them question their own intuition?

Isn't the basic premise of accounting the act of counting? Have you failed to count the phases, Manti? I mean, you do this for a living, does the act of making sure the numbers line up just leave your brain as soon as you leave the office?

If Fiction IS a wolf, we haven't lost the game. Quite the contrary, we kill Fiction and we put the game back in our hands. Simple numbers shows this to be true. We take a game where we only have one phase left to fuck up and instead we have two phases. In a 12 player-3 wolf game, you get three chances to catch a wolf and each time you catch a wolf you get an additional chance. That is the blatantly simple math of phases.

Do you not understand this simple math, Manti?
I want an apology for this post after the game. You first fail to calculate the numbers correctly and then compound your mistakes by both insulting me and my job.

I'm going to bed

Kayla, I think you might have overreacted a bit to Cedo's remarks. What's done is done though. If you do join a future game, just remember that if harsh things are said in a game it should stay in the game. Cedo was the serial killer that game, from his perspective everything was super logical, because he knew exactly how the role worked! He attacked you to throw you off your footing and to try to get you lynched on the misinterpretation.

*** Reguarding this penalty thread I think each case is situational. I need to put some thought into this to best get it to fit with how i want this subforum to run.***

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.

Last edited by DarkManticoreX2; 02-18-2014 at 12:50 PM..
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:50 PM   #33
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rodd123 View Post
a) he doesn't know your role

b) in this instance he was protecting himself as the SK

you cant defend yourself, it was completely unacceptable and ruined part of the game
It didn't ruin the game, if the whole point was to get a reaction out of it then it did exactly what it was supposed to. Regardless of the role I had I would have reacted the same way, you guys decided to read it as only being a human reaction. The wolf kill the following night could have been silvuh since he was known to be the seer and the green read on sora never would have come up. Mea would have still been in the game which people had suspicion on. Cedo decided to out himself as the SK and then sunfan decided to just up and admit wolf. Don't act like my leaving is what totally influenced the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
Having played this game for quite some time, I'm just going to point out that game threads do get quite heated at times.

Cedo totally attacked you and your newness to the game. In a lot of other games, it's taboo to do that, you let the newer people learn to play the game before you jump on them. This game however, puts personalities against each other and often times people say cutting remarks about each other to try to shake someone's confidence.

Kayla, I think you might have overreacted a bit to Cedo's remarks. What's done is done though. If you do join a future game, just remember that if harsh things are said in a game it should stay in the game. Cedo was the serial killer that game, from his perspective everything was super logical, because he knew exactly how the role worked! He attacked you to throw you off your footing and to try to get you lynched on the misinterpretation.
It's not staying in game though. Doesn't matter at this point anyway I don't intend on joining anymore. I'm just sick of seeing the comments directed at me and what happened and me not saying a word about it.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by psychoangel691; 02-18-2014 at 12:54 PM..
Old 02-18-2014, 12:54 PM   #34
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

bs, a wolf would never react like that and leave the game lol, never ever ever I don't believe that for one second. it was the biggest overreaction to the littlest thing ive ever seen and if you ever want to play again, little toddler shit like that can never happen

Quote:
wow
Old 02-18-2014, 12:54 PM   #35
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

in other words, you lived up to your username, good job

Quote:
wow
Old 02-18-2014, 12:56 PM   #36
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
bs, a wolf would never react like that and leave the game lol, never ever ever I don't believe that for one second. it was the biggest overreaction to the littlest thing ive ever seen and if you ever want to play again, little toddler shit like that can never happen

Quote:
in other words, you lived up to your username, good job

These are the type of people you should be barring from the game. He's been an asshole to me non stop since the incident. But for some reason this is the type of shit that gets to happen on this site all the time anyway without repercussion most times.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Old 02-18-2014, 12:58 PM   #37
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

because you don't behave like that in a game when ur an adult and it wasn't even bad, it was so frustrating to see, especially as a wolf. leave this thread and subforum and quit being a bitch

Quote:
wow
Old 02-18-2014, 01:03 PM   #38
TC_Halogen
Rhythm game specialist.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TC_Halogen Send a message via Skype™ to TC_Halogen

This thread is outside of a TWG game and is actually intending on serious discussion. Both of you need to take your shit elsewhere.

j-rodd, if I see you bashing Kayla again outside of a TWG game, you will get a forum ban. This is absolutely ridiculous. The game is over, take your douche-baggery elsewhere. I've seen at least three different occasions now with implicit trolling and it needs to stop because it's obviously provoking reaction.

EDIT: because of this being outside of a TWG game, I will make this edit -- I'm technically supposed to only be handling game management and I only like to use my moderation powers whenever necessary, but this is absolutely retarded.
TC_Halogen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:05 PM   #39
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

because she fails to see the common logic in how acting like a baby in the game was totally unacceptable. she can call me an asshole though I guess, cant threaten her with a ban or else she wont suck your dick eh

Quote:
wow
Old 02-18-2014, 01:07 PM   #40
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

see you later Jarrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
yo man im awesome is offline   Reply With Quote