Old 12-1-2004, 07:18 PM   #81
sleeplessdragn
~Bang that beat Harder~
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

im going with Snapps because his words caused me to raise an eyebrow very quickly. of all the games ive played in ive never heard anyone simply announce that they have a role. if that doesnt sound an alarm, iunno wat will.
Old 12-1-2004, 07:23 PM   #82
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

sleepless look at my post, I"m neither defending nor condemning him, but I refuse to believe he's that moronic... so odds are he meant a roel i nplaying the game, as opposed to being killed on night 1 like the only othert game he was in

Old 12-1-2004, 07:51 PM   #83
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

When I read Snapps say something about a "role" my first thought was "you moron, people will all think you're special now." But then I realized that he wouldn't want to come out and say that, and it was either a mistake, a bad way of wording things, or he's just a moron. Regardless of which, it seems dangerous to keep him around. I still wanna hear his side of things before I change any votings.

Although, I might not change my vote. There are some people I'm looking at suspiciously, so I think I'll keep my random vote before I go pointing fingers. I'll let suspects post more before I try and say they've done anything, because I wanna make sure I'm doing the right thing (like, last game I thought Qreepy was a wolf the whole time and would have said something if I was playing, but I was wrong). Wouldn't wanna vote off any humans by accident.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 12-1-2004, 09:36 PM   #84
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Okay, six pages of stuff to digest...

My first thought was about why Tass or chardish didn't die. I know I expected Tass to be guarded, by a newb who thought, "ZOMG Tassel's awesome, let's keep him around" if not a regular who knows how valuable he really is. So, why not chardish for a first pick? Well, there's the obvious reason that one or both of them are wolves, but I think it's still too early to go off of that.

Regarding Snapps, I agree that he's just dumb, and not being wolfish. I also agree that getting rid of him may help us in the long run (as getting rid of tny would have been last game), but I'd REALLY rather not lose any humans. I move to back off of Snapps.

Regarding evil, while his actions are slightly suspicious, that can be explained by his newbness. However, I still think there's something slightly strange about his defense. It's not that he's trying too hard like alain said, but something I can't really tell. I'm sure he'll give himself away soon if he's a wolf, though.

One person who really caught my eye was Moogy. That's a pretty bold move to come out against chardish that early on. Once chardish made a really meaningful post, Moogy jumped on him hoping that chardish's logic would be enough to swing support against him. Once he sees that he can't garner support, he moves on to the bandwagon. This is why my vote goes to Moogy.

I had a little more, but I got distracted. Perhaps after this movie I'll come back...

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 12-1-2004, 10:08 PM   #85
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly
When I read Snapps say something about a "role" my first thought was "you moron, people will all think you're special now." But then I realized that he wouldn't want to come out and say that, and it was either a mistake, a bad way of wording things, or he's just a moron. Regardless of which, it seems dangerous to keep him around. I still wanna hear his side of things before I change any votings.

Although, I might not change my vote. There are some people I'm looking at suspiciously, so I think I'll keep my random vote before I go pointing fingers. I'll let suspects post more before I try and say they've done anything, because I wanna make sure I'm doing the right thing (like, last game I thought Qreepy was a wolf the whole time and would have said something if I was playing, but I was wrong). Wouldn't wanna vote off any humans by accident.
What I meant about role as in actually getting to play the game with a role, like a wolf or a human. I had bad choice in words. Remember the time when I was killed before the game actually started? Thats when I didn't get a role.

And also about me not changing my votes, I guess that is a stupid choice. But the reasoning behind it was that I would have gotten very much detail on who is a wolf that then I can pick without any regrets.

I didn't mean to have any of you guys think differently :/
Old 12-1-2004, 10:42 PM   #86
blahblah18
FFR Player

finally logic begins to appear in some posts... God bless

Old 12-1-2004, 10:48 PM   #87
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Just a suggestion for Kilga: please post what time day and night end (as LD did) and maybe have little vote count updates (as in previous TWGs). I, for one, have no idea when this "day" ends, so I don't know when voting closes. I would use your original post's time as a reference, but we all know that it's all wrong. The voting is just laziness on my part, because I don't feel like searching through the pages for all the votes :P. But yeah, just some suggestions.

And I have nothing to add to the voting scene. I don't know if Snapps is dumb or what, and the rest of you all either seem too quiet or too loud. I don't know anything right now, so I'm just gonna go to bed and try not to worry about this game, because all my worrying can make me say stupid stuff, and as we can see with Snapps, saying stupid stuff = you're screwed. G'night all

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

Old 12-1-2004, 10:50 PM   #88
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

Uh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgamayan
15 people, so 8 votes is an instalynch. Note that an insta-lynch can happen at any time - there is no 24-hour waiting period in this game. You get 60 hours to vote. Vote wisely.
And I would update but I have a DiffEQ test in 8 1/2 hours so I want to go to bed.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 12-1-2004, 10:53 PM   #89
blahblah18
FFR Player

oh DiffEQ's... i'm glad I don't have to deal with those anymore... as I"ve already said.. the day ends 4 AM saturday morning or when one person gets 8 votes

Old 12-1-2004, 11:01 PM   #90
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

Man, DiffEQ was such a great class...

But anyway, is someone keeping a record of votes? I'm always up for seeing a current tally.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 12-1-2004, 11:51 PM   #91
User6773

For the record:

Snapps is a total freaking idiot. Not necessarily a wolf. At the very least, let him go for tonight and see what happens.

I know I'm putting myself on the chopping block by rushing to the defense of a condemned man, but look at him. He's an idiot. He doesn't know what the hell he's doing, and he's never really gotten the chance to play before.

If you're going to use the stupid role argument to nail him remember that he called them "special roles" earlier. Which means that a role need not be special; i.e. the role of human.

I'm not defending idiocy. I'm defending not lynching on little evidence.

Will someone please respond to my earlier post about Cypher? I feel like the wolves are trying to keep conversation locked on Snapps here.

Old 12-2-2004, 12:30 AM   #92
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

current bandwagon voting guide, circa 2004:

Snapps - LD, moogy, qreepy, sleepless (4)
alain - afro (1)
evilbutterfly - alain (1)
cypher - chardish (1)
roopert - evilbutterfly (1)
moogy - guido (1)
qreepy - snapps (1)

not voted yet - blahblah, cypher, roopert, tass, whorli (5)

ps - i'll comment on pages 5-7 tomorrow.
Old 12-2-2004, 01:42 AM   #93
whorlichan
Tiny Plastic Meat

Send a message via AIM to whorlichan

Sorry, Qreepy--still not voting, because while I do think Snapps is an idiot, it doesn't necessarily follow that he's a wolfish idiot. I have suspicions in other directions, but you and him getting into a vote war (when really, one each way does not make a difference) is pointless. You may want him out, but I want a human victory.
My friend Cassie's amazing photography
Old 12-2-2004, 06:23 AM   #94
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

Just so you know, Guido, I didn't just switch votes randomly. I was involved in a discussion on AIM, and we decided that it would be best to eliminate Snapps today and hold off on Chardish.

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Old 12-2-2004, 07:54 AM   #95
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardish
If you're going to use the stupid role argument to nail him remember that he called them "special roles" earlier. Which means that a role need not be special; i.e. the role of human.
Can someone quote me on when I said "special roles"? Because I only remember using the word role as a term for wolf and human, which I explained earlier on what I meant.
Old 12-2-2004, 08:26 AM   #96
User6773

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapps_atschool
Aren't these the special roles?

Conscript - Human
GI - Wolf
Tanya - Master Wolf
Guard Dog - Seer
Flak Trooper - Guardian
Crazy Ivan - Vigilante

Old 12-2-2004, 01:09 PM   #97
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I think this is a misunderstanding getting out of hand. Snapps hasn't shown any evidence that he's a wolf. He just had a random misuse of a word that didn't mean anything in any context. If anything I'm suspicious of moogy and qreepy for incessantly pressing the matter when there's clearly no substance to it. There are alot of people acting much more suspicious than snapps is right now. I honesly think someone should take another look at evilbutterfly.

EDIT X2 (spelling)
And Chardish, about your comment on Cypher, you're probably right that you and Tass are on the wolfs' top end of the list, but what Cypher said was just an opinion. He felt that Tass was more valuable a player, if he were on the human side, and would be most likely to protected on night one. He was simply answering the question "why not vote off Tass?" He was just expressing the logic that the wolves probably figured Tass was most likely to be guarded and therefore voted for someone else on night one. The same logic could be expanded to include you. They probably decided that it was equally probable that you or Tass would be guarded the first night, which is why they went for someone less important (sorry Kefit). I don't think there's any guilt in what Cypher said.
Old 12-2-2004, 01:14 PM   #98
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

Changing my vote to Cypher.

His comment regarding the Guarding of Tass, and that being good for the wolves set something off on my Wolfdar.
Old 12-2-2004, 01:30 PM   #99
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by alainbryden
If anything I'm suspicious of moogy and qreepy for incessantly pressing the matter when there's clearly no substance to it.
I was thinking that too, kinda, but I didn't want to say anything. Partly because last game I kept thinking Qreepy was a wolf but he wasn't, so I think maybe he just has a habit of doing things that seem wolfy to me.

However, I kinda agree with Moogy's statements, like not being able to trust Tass and his quick attack of Chardish. Not trusting Tass isn't a wolfy idea, it's a human one, I think. I mean, Tass wins every game, so until we know FOR SURE that he's a human, we can't trust him as one. And until we get the seer to scan around some and find people to trust, we can't know who is a wolf and who isn't.

And Chardish...I dunno. Maybe it's just how he plays, being so aggressive, or maybe he's trying to focus us on the wrong thing because he's a wolf. I'm wary of coming out strong against anybody (especially the biggies like him) because I'd instantly be thought a wolf, just like Moogy was.

Hence, for now, my vote stays the same. I need to see how people focus now that everyone seems agreed that Snapps was just being stupid because it's his first game (something I can definitly sympathize with :P). So, now that one possible votee is fading from the picture, I'll see how people accuse and react in the coming day.

Oh, having just said that, I think that's what Snapps meant when he said he was probing for info (or however he worded it). I guess he figured he'd vote for Qreepy to see how he would react, and Qreepy's actions (which, as alain said, are kinda suspicious) only confirmed Snapps action in voting for him. Looking back, it doesn't seem wrong (even though I believe earlier I directly stated that it was XD).

Old 12-2-2004, 01:57 PM   #100
alainbryden
Seen your member
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I like everything you said evilbutterfly. Very objective, uncertain*, and seemingly begging for my acceptance - spoken like a true wolf! hehe - you're not off the hook with me yet ; ) And still in all seriousness, I agree with everything you said.

*I beleive you said either "kinda", "maybe" or "dunno" 8 times - Just to poke fun