Old 09-8-2016, 06:11 PM   #41
Jousway
FFR Player

Default Re: [SM5.0.12]BareBone Theme 1.6

ITS BEEN A DARN LONG TIME. oh well time for a update

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
downloaded.
edit: wow. that's pretty barebones. haha. I like the undertale font (noice coincidence, bareBONES)
I didnt even notice this lawl

Quote:
So far, everything seems to work well. I might as well mention small nitpicks:
- When we double-press enter when choosing a song, then go to machine options, exiting these machine options brings us back to the title screen instead of the song options (double-enter) menu. That's weird...
this is intended, I dont want to write an entire script just to skip 1 screen :>
Quote:
- Why aren't rates in speed mods? I think it would have made perfect sense
the speedmods screen is a hackjop, adding rates would force it to display like the speemods making it broken :<
Quote:
- The fact that the life bar changes color without transition is ok (I mean, it's barebones indeed), but a bit distracting. I don't know how hard adding a fade from red to blue would be, be it would be cool
I like it like this, sorry, its more 8bit style than an fade
Quote:
- Is it easy to show the judge on the result screen? I think this should be a standard
added :>
Quote:
- The judge feedback when we play is very big/flashy (in my opinion), and seems to go against the barebones theme you set. I was expecting more subtle judge feedback (which just fits more my tastes, I admit. Not everybody might agree). I don't want to get on your nerves, though. It's ok to use the default judge look, too. In the end, I think it's the size of the "marvelous" text which bothers me the most, not actually its flashiness.
I left it the way it is for now, might change it in the future if many people want it to change
Quote:
- I like how fast this theme feels. However, it's a bit too fast at times. When I press escape to go back in the menus, sometimes I go back 3 pages instead of just 1 because I didn't realize my command took effect so fast. Maybe a sound effect (a higher pitched 8-bit sound?) that plays when we go back could help. Just a thought
I dont have this issue after using it daily xd
Quote:
- Why not show the clock in the upper-right corner? I love that feature, sad to see it's not here
added
Quote:
- Why not show the solo charts in the song selection?
because it would clutter the selection, I rather have them separate :>

a short list of stuff added
-added grades on the evalscreen and screenselectmusic
-added a banner music wheel
-added iidx style difficulties on music wheel (I hope people like this :>)
-some smo fixes :>
-a fucken clock :O
-timing and life info on eval screen
and thats about it

Jousway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-8-2016, 06:54 PM   #42
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: [SM5]BareBone Theme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jousway View Post
I mad the laziest evalscreen ever
I think song length, BPM and NPS is not necessary in score evaluation screen. (you can do whatever you want about that tbh)
I'd rather see which settings I used to play the song if possible for future reference. (e.g; for screenshots information) example: C900, distant etc.
y/n

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo
- The judge feedback when we play is very big/flashy (in my opinion), and seems to go against the barebones theme you set. I was expecting more subtle judge feedback (which just fits more my tastes, I admit. Not everybody might agree). I don't want to get on your nerves, though. It's ok to use the default judge look, too. In the end, I think it's the size of the "marvelous" text which bothers me the most, not actually its flashiness.
+1 for that.

btw, I care about this theme, it's by far the most stable one with SM5 for me.

Last edited by Hakulyte; 09-8-2016 at 06:56 PM..
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-8-2016, 07:08 PM   #43
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Nice updates, man! I'll download this right away.
Quick question, while you're at it. Is the noteskin in the preview pictures made public? I couldn't find it at http://zettbou.co.uk/

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-8-2016, 07:09 PM   #44
Jousway
FFR Player

Quote:
Quick question, while you're at it. Is the noteskin in the preview pictures made public? I couldn't find it at http://zettbou.co.uk/
its in sm5 by defaullt, its called ExactV2

Old 09-8-2016, 07:38 PM   #45
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.

Some more feedback!!

- The 8bit "beep" in the menu is honestly super annoying to me. Could there be an option to disable it, or at least could you tell me where the sound file is so I can replace it with a mute file? Another option: I noticed another sound, the one you have when song wheel movement is blocked when selecting roulette. That sound is much easier on the ears
- This song selection screen is jaw droping. I think it is my favorite ever from all the themes I ever played. I love the fact the banners show up under the song name. I love how CLEARLY the cdtitles show up, seriously can't believe it took 15 years for the community to achieve this lol. With that said, a couple questions:
---- When we press left+right, the sorting changes, but it's not shown anywhere on screen what the actual current sorting is... Could this be easily added?
---- Maybe it's because I'm using a low end computer (Lenovo Ideapad S210, Intel Pentium, zzz), but going from song to song in the song list is actually quite blocky (we're talking 2fps): it's like it's loading something every song instead of just waiting for me to settle on a song. This means it's a real pain going from the top of vgmp4 to the middle, for example. I have a similar problem with Staiain's theme (which makes me think it's due to the fact background pictures for each files are shown when I scroll). This problem is less present with the UltraLight theme. Anyway, food for thought!
---- The color you use for the song names is red... Am I the only one who find the contrast of grey + red hard to read? I suggest trying using the white color: I think the contrast would be muuuch better, just like in all other menus of this theme Pack names could be in red?

- Yeah... I still really wish the judge feedback could simply be something like the words in 8bit font, matching color but 0 animation :< Sorry for hammering that
- Just had an idea about the health bar: instead of making it become distractingly red, why not simply a paler blue? :>
- The ability to modify background brightness on the fly is AWESOME. I love the double-enter menu

EDIT: Noticed one bug in song selection: if I don't double press enter, it seems my speed mod isn't automatically applied, even though it's already in memory when I double press enter to check it. In other words, selecting a song by pressing enter only once plays with xmod 1x for me it seems

Quote:
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Last edited by MarioNintendo; 09-8-2016 at 07:54 PM..
Old 09-8-2016, 07:43 PM   #46
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.

This theme is amazing and I really want it to become a standard. Top potential jous, thanks for your hard work!

Quote:
Quote:
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Old 09-8-2016, 09:06 PM   #47
Jousway
FFR Player

quick small update, added more info to screen eval, and added a non flashy judgement on screengameplay

Quote:
Some more feedback!!

- The 8bit "beep" in the menu is honestly super annoying to me. Could there be an option to disable it, or at least could you tell me where the sound file is so I can replace it with a mute file? Another option: I noticed another sound, the one you have when song wheel movement is blocked when selecting roulette. That sound is much easier on the ears
I like the bleep, if you want to replace it its in the sounds folder just callled _common row.mp3 its the onlly mp3 in the theme, ya can easy replalce it
Quote:
- This song selection screen is jaw droping. I think it is my favorite ever from all the themes I ever played. I love the fact the banners show up under the song name. I love how CLEARLY the cdtitles show up, seriously can't believe it took 15 years for the community to achieve this lol. With that said, a couple questions:
---- When we press left+right, the sorting changes, but it's not shown anywhere on screen what the actual current sorting is... Could this be easily added?
I could, might add in a future version
Quote:
---- Maybe it's because I'm using a low end computer (Lenovo Ideapad S210, Intel Pentium, zzz), but going from song to song in the song list is actually quite blocky (we're talking 2fps): it's like it's loading something every song instead of just waiting for me to settle on a song. This means it's a real pain going from the top of vgmp4 to the middle, for example. I have a similar problem with Staiain's theme (which makes me think it's due to the fact background pictures for each files are shown when I scroll). This problem is less present with the UltraLight theme. Anyway, food for thought!
wierd I can run it with no lag on a pentium 4 dunno whats causing it
Quote:
---- The color you use for the song names is red... Am I the only one who find the contrast of grey + red hard to read? I suggest trying using the white color: I think the contrast would be muuuch better, just like in all other menus of this theme Pack names could be in red?
most songs are blue, its hard songs that show up red

Quote:
- Yeah... I still really wish the judge feedback could simply be something like the words in 8bit font, matching color but 0 animation :< Sorry for hammering that
IT IS DONE

Quote:
- Just had an idea about the health bar: instead of making it become distractingly red, why not simply a paler blue? :>
but I like the red :<
Quote:
- The ability to modify background brightness on the fly is AWESOME. I love the double-enter menu
so do I
Quote:
EDIT: Noticed one bug in song selection: if I don't double press enter, it seems my speed mod isn't automatically applied, even though it's already in memory when I double press enter to check it. In other words, selecting a song by pressing enter only once plays with xmod 1x for me it seems
I dont have this nor can I recreate it, wierd :/

edit: made a 5.1 version of this theme LOL
http://jousway.co.uk/Unlimited_Stepm.../Barebone2.rar

Last edited by Jousway; 09-9-2016 at 04:15 PM..
Old 09-11-2016, 08:20 PM   #48
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.

Default Re: [SM5.0.12 / 5.1-3]BareBone Theme 1.6 / 2.0

I was about to post how pressing f8 didn't write "autoplay" on screen (LOL), but I'll download this new version instead!! Thanks for your hard work Jousway. It's fine if you don't agree with all suggestions, I'm just glad you read through them quite frankly!

All my love <3
-mn

EDIT: I swapped the _common row.mp3 for a de-amplified version of Explosion10 from this site http://www.downloadfreesound.com/8-bit-sound-effects/
Just letting you know in case you want to try it out! It sounds like the ITG selection wheel.

EDIT: Weird, in my vgmp4 pack almost all songs are red. Blue songs are a minority... but they're just as hard to read for me ;_;

Quote:
Quote:
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Last edited by MarioNintendo; 09-11-2016 at 08:58 PM..
Old 09-11-2016, 08:50 PM   #49
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.

Erm Jous, is my computer retarded? It can't access the double-enter menu in your new theme. Like literally SM freezes on a blank screen (clock is still working though) and I have to shut the game down otherwise nothing happens
Also somehow, I still don't see the autoplay text in game when it's activated. Could this be because I'm in event mode? Guess it's time to cheat!

edit edit: god those judgements graphics are FLAWLESS <3333

Quote:
Quote:
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Last edited by MarioNintendo; 09-11-2016 at 09:00 PM..
Old 09-11-2016, 09:11 PM   #50
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.

ERmmmmmmmmmmm maybe this is only on my end but....
Where's the song info panel?? I just realized lol

Final edit: these last 4 posts have all been made using mina's sm build (from the wife thread). But i can confirm barebones 1.6 has song info, double enter menu, etc, on this build. This issue seems to be with barebones 2.0

Quote:
Quote:
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Last edited by MarioNintendo; 09-11-2016 at 11:32 PM..
Old 09-12-2016, 04:37 AM   #51
Jousway
FFR Player

barebone 2.0 is for sm 5.1 like it says in my last post :V, use 1.6 instead for 5.0.12

Old 09-12-2016, 07:42 AM   #52
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.

Oops! x}

Quote:
Quote:
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Old 09-15-2016, 09:30 AM   #53
Jousway
FFR Player

Last edited by Jousway; 09-15-2016 at 09:31 AM..
Old 11-28-2016, 11:50 AM   #54
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.

I'm still rocking this theme 24/7.

I noticed I was not able to connect to SMO with the theme. When I select "online", it brings me to a screen where I select the dance style, but then doesn't bring me to the login screen (if necessary, I can elaborate on that later, I'm at work atm). Maybe this is because I'm using mina's build of sm5, I haven't tried this out with the official sm build (I think..?).

I also might have to look at my setup, but autoplay text does not appear when I press F8.

Quote:
Quote:
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Last edited by MarioNintendo; 11-28-2016 at 11:58 AM..
Old 11-28-2016, 12:48 PM   #55
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

You should add it so it shows the pack a song is from on the results screen, like til-death, so when people post screenshots its easier to figure out what pack the songs in.
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 05:27 PM   #56
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
You should add it so it shows the pack a song is from on the results screen, like til-death, so when people post screenshots its easier to figure out what pack the songs in.
I approve of this!

Quote:
Quote:
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Old 02-17-2019, 12:07 PM   #57
FirstMaple8
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to FirstMaple8 Send a message via AIM to FirstMaple8 Send a message via Yahoo to FirstMaple8 Send a message via Skype™ to FirstMaple8

FirstMaple8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 05:13 PM   #58
Jousway
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstMaple8 View Post