Old 03-26-2020, 06:49 PM   #5281
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
For their push on you but that doesn't mean she wouldn't block punchy for the shitty eod
My point is that doctor + BP vest already most likely blocked both killing actions on that specific EoD.

It's unlikely Molly blocked Punchy. If Molly blocked Punchy, she wouldn't have left that kind of town read him after I believe.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:49 PM   #5282
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cherry View Post
fauna if Apollo is "mostly right" about you are you saying that you are in fact deliberately indecisive and only posting commentary? what what
That's my personality.
Old 03-26-2020, 06:50 PM   #5283
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Quote:
fauna if Apollo is "mostly right" about you are you saying that you are in fact deliberately indecisive and only posting commentary? what what
Fauna?
Old 03-26-2020, 06:50 PM   #5284
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

then how are you in any way efficient (so many posts to say so little) or convincing what what
Old 03-26-2020, 06:51 PM   #5285
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
Fauna?
phoneposting + midnight = typing the wrong name since they both start with f what what
Old 03-26-2020, 06:53 PM   #5286
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
then how are you in any way efficient (so many posts to say so little) or convincing what what
Well, that leaves a lot to read me and understand where my headspace is that.

If you can't read into it, that's just really unfortunate for me because that's like the whole premise of my posting style.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:02 PM   #5287
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Rolf, where are you at ?
Old 03-26-2020, 07:07 PM   #5288
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Fauna View Post
Heres some stuff

Town

- Boomer (very vigi)
- Eugene (I’ve already stated my case on Eugene earlier. Reads, reactions and emotions are very authentic and I think the arguably dumb observations they sometimes make are the result of over enthusiasm, typing before thinking. They play with no filter and I think that’s a very towny thing to do. I don’t think we should ever touch Eugene.)
- Cherry (Cherry is asking very good questions and noticing a lot of things that people are missing. They also don’t seem to be pocketing anyone which I really like. In particular, I like that they questioned Dora about the soft clear they did for everyone who was on the Zucker wagon before Del claimed. I’m still upset Dora never responded because I’m still struggling to read people like tank and flurry. I would be pretty surprised if Cherry was scum.)

Town Lean

- Tank (I’ve spent a lot of time reading Tank’s posts and it's frustrating because I sort of understand how he is getting from A to B mentally but the reasoning he gives is next to non-existent. I’m inclined to lean him town because even though he is much more big brain than I am, I do agree with a lot of the analysis he does that I understand.)
- Phil (I initially didn’t like the whole Roleblocker fiasco back in D1 but when I look at his overall play I really don’t see how his game is ever scum. He has been consistent in his reads, his progressions seem very natural, and he actually has an understanding of the game mechanics, which is more that I can say for a lot of people. For now, I see him as a benefit to town.)
- Maple (This is my biggest gut/tone read of my list of potential townys. I feel like their frustrations of not really being acknowledged are genuine, and I feel like they are doing their appropriate digging when they have their suspicions, even when I don’t necessarily agree with them. I think their suggestion of keeping the acq alive for a day is a very towny thing to suggest.)
- Julian (I still maintain that his play, especially at d0, has been especially towny. He opened up the conversation on a lot of people and quite frankly a lot of the interaction that’s been had would not have happened if it wasn’t for his play. It was aggressive but it worked, and I think town is better for it. Could a wolf have done it? Sure, I just don’t feel like his play came from a scum position. Only note I have was his weak read on me and tank. I still don’t understand why you have tank locked as a scum and based on your description of me, I really should have been in null, not locked town. Overall, I’m still leaning town on Julian though.)
- Flurry (I don’t really see what’s so wolfy about flurry. He is engaging conversation and keeping critical, and also staying quite active. I know theres the whole julian vs flurry thing but I just don’t see a world where Flurry is a lock wolf. Saying that, there is a lot of flurrys posts I just don't know how to read, and I'm not really sure why.)

Null

- Punchy (Punchy’s play has been very towny and good questions ARE being asked but I also feel like they’re not following through very hard with their questions and I feel like it could be the type of towny play a wolf could make. There’s nothing I’ve read that leans him scum though so I’d be very hesitant to touch him any time soon.)
- Agent S (Agent S was always going to be a null for me cause nothing has stood out from him at all to me. I had to do a full ISO to write this. Everything seems super towny from what I’ve read but I don’t like how under the radar he seems to be flying)

Wolf Lean

- Rolf (This is the gut read of my scum leans. Their questions don’t seem to go anywhere, and he seems disconnected from the actions of the thread whenever he comments. He just seems to be using a lot of words to not actually say much. Under the radar is what I’m sensing)
- Apollo (I was scum reading apollo early for similar reasons as Maple, his gameplay was pretty useless in helping town in any way. After Maple called him out on this, he has shifted into being a lot more active in questioning and commenting on the game, which I really like. I’m just curious whether this shift was due to him getting more involved to avoid suspicion, or if he just waited until he had observed more of the game before digging in.)
- Chrissy (Chrissys play has been extremely wishy washy and they haven’t pushed the game in any sort of direction. I get that they entered the game late and they’ve been playing catchup, but all the clarification she seems to be asking for is mostly related to night actions rather than the chatter of the day phases. Is this a newer player trying to keep up with the game? Possibly, but I think its also possible its a wolf coming into the game late and trying to stay separated from all the more intense conversations.)
- Chief (I think Dora’s read on Chief’s vote being opportunistic is a very good one, especially as it supports my read on Chief and Zuckers interactions early in d0. I know people say not to put so much leverage on early game interactions, but looking back on the conversation, it just seems like banter between partners. His decrease in activity levels can either be based on actually just not having as much time to play, but his style and tone make me feel like he just doesn’t care anymore. This is why he is in my leans, not my lock pile, because I feel like a wolf would care and a wolf would try and defend themselves in the situation Chief is currently in.)

Wolf

- Matthilda (I have been scum reading Matthilda from the very start and I just want to know what they flip as at this point. They’re not interested in helping the game so I feel like its low risk. Their reactions to accusations have been extremely defensive and just don’t feel genuine.)
- Molly (Molly was, for me, the most suspicious vote on Zucker during first phase. She has been the most inactive player in the game based on post count and half the posts she has made have been word spam trying to defend herself. If previous games are anything to go by, this type of play is very wolfy)

I am exhausted, I'll probably respond to stuff for 5-10 minutes then I'm going to sleep. Nightmare of a day.
Faunas first big reads list
Old 03-26-2020, 07:09 PM   #5289
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

I wish I could post read lists like that without wolfing the game.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:17 PM   #5290
TWG Rolf
FFR Player

Fauna's read on Flurry is odd there: Wanting Dora to respond to Cherry because they don't know how to read Flurry, but the lean given here is town rather than null. Says they don't know what's so wolfy about them, but then is wishy-washy about it immediately after
Old 03-26-2020, 07:17 PM   #5291
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

I still think Punchy/Apollo is a thing.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:20 PM   #5292
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
Reads from my perspective:

01) Agent S - Potential pocket attempt on me early game with mind meld overall. Null ish. I feel like was contributing to town overall so, slight town lean.

02) Apollo - Seems to be into doing quick jab and steering the pot once in a while. Curious to know about his reads overall. null ish

04) Cherry - Progression seems fine overall and I'm okay with the more recent posts. Town lean

05) Chief - A little lost about how the posts are formed and what are his goals. He could be confused on what he wants to priorize. Unsure. null ish

08) Dotty Chrissy - Very difficult to read. I would need reads or posts that helps me read them. Felt more on the generic nai posts. null

09) Fauna - The big recent read post looked pretty natural to me so, I tend to town read over it. Seems busy with life so, I can understand the lower activity. Town lean

11) Julian - I think the wolf version of Julian would be more passive and less all over the place than this Julian. I think this active Julian is town, but sometimes get stuck in strange situations due to improvisiong. Town lean

12) Maple - Someone I need to iso in the near future to have a more objective read. null

13) Mathilda - I really liked the effort in the second phase and I feel like posts are coming from an honest place. Town lean

14) Melba Eugene - No filter. I sometimes feel like he posts before thinking, but I do the same so, it's okay. I feel like that playstyle is really difficult to maintain as a wolf so, I tend to town read here.

15) Molly - wolf lean. See my more recent post with quotes.

16) Phil - D0 EoD movement from Zucker to Chief made me hesitate a little, but he went back to Zucker without second thought so, I tend to feel like he's more town than not. Lots of contributions with mechanics and reads overall. I wouldn't really question him before a few phases.

17) Punchy - The bigger posts seems really sharp and accurate while the shorter posts seems to be light jabs in the dark. Makes me feel like someone who has a lot of potential to push the game forward, but sometimes choose not to ? That's how I see the slot. I could be wrong and it's just a playstyle thing, but I keep having second thoughts because of quality content spikes. (I keep thinking it may come from a TMI place rather than real feelings overall. I might be biased and tunneling a bit on him showing intent to vote me tho)

18) Rolf - I really really need to pay more attention to him. null due to lack of investigating his posts.

19) Tank - Cherry iso's of Tank made me feel like Tank was town because I could understand where he was coming from with his posts and it seems natural to me. Town lean

I skipped Boomer, myself and dead players.
Here's flurry's first set of reads
Old 03-26-2020, 07:22 PM   #5293
TWG Phil
FFR Player

I've set an alarm bbl
Old 03-26-2020, 07:32 PM   #5294
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Did cherry leave without a vote
Old 03-26-2020, 07:32 PM   #5295
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

I haven't gone to bed yet what what
Old 03-26-2020, 07:35 PM   #5296
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Oh iirc you said you'd probably be asleep now.
Old 03-26-2020, 07:35 PM   #5297
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

got probably half an hour left in me, an hour tops what what
Old 03-26-2020, 07:49 PM   #5298
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Definitely not going to get done by then. What's on your mind cherry
Old 03-26-2020, 07:51 PM   #5299
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

still set on flurry today, I think. I like you, I'm unsure how o feel about Phil, there's almost certainly one in punchy/rolf but gut read says they aren't partners what what
Old 03-26-2020, 07:52 PM   #5300
TWG Cherry
FFR Player

how I feel*

god I hate phoneposting what what
Closed Thread