Old 03-24-2020, 02:01 PM   #4841
TWG Yuka
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Ok, here it is slightly more readable. The list tags are some arcane tangle I can't remove via the editor so idk, use your browser's zoom I guess

--------------------------------------

On my epic quest to scumhunt via Fauna's interactions with living players...format is thusly.

– Each day will be broken down by player
– Any post by Fauna I can interpret as meaningful commentary on that player will be linked
– Summary: A quick few words on what the post does with that player, how it places them, etc.
– Progression: How it compares to their previous interactions with this player and my notes on how natural/unnatural/suspicious it looks.

DAY 1
  • Agent S
    • nuffink
  • Apollo
      • – Summary: Response to Flurry?, Mildly Defensive
      • – Progression: -
      • – Summary: More Defense, Slight Town Place?
      • – Progression: Follows from 55 but not much to justify defense in the first place. Post 155 might be an interesting addendum. "No reads yet" but you have the energy to soft-defend?
  • Cherry
    • nuffink
  • Flurry
    • nuffink
  • Phil
      • – Summary: Fence-Sitting, Null Place
      • – Progression: -
      • – Summary: Null, Probing
      • – Progression: this is fucking boring
  • Punchy
    • nuffink
  • Rolf
    • nuffink
  • Villager-slot (Tank, Merengue)
    • nuffink

General Notes: Well that was a wash, at least when it comes to currently living players. While having absolutely nothing on certain players would usually be a big scumtell, it's probably not the best play to read into it considering the dead people/game size/the fact that they PTFO'd less than halfway through the day. Only thing interesting is a possible link to Apollo, we'll see if that holds up.

DAY 2
  • GENERAL/LISTICLES
      • – Summary: (Agent S) nuffink | (Apollo) nuffink | (Cherry) nuffink | (Flurry) nuffink | (Phil) Soft Push, Slight Scum P | (Punchy) Scum P, Cont. link to Chief | (Rolf) Null, Fence-Sitty, Soft Push? | (V-Slot) nuffink
      • – Progression: Nothingness on S/Apollo/Cherry/V-Slot becoming a pattern. Might be finally deciding how to place Phil (might need to focus on how he was moving D1 to decide motive). Consistent on Punchy/Chief thang.
  • Agent S
      • – Summary: First Blush, Neutral
      • – Progression: I don't see any.
  • Apollo
    • nuffink
  • Cherry
    • nuffink
  • Flurry
      • – Summary: Neutral, Dialogue
      • – Progression: First blush, nothing much.
      • – Summary: Genial response to Flurry, Mild Explanatory Vibe?
      • – Progression: Doesn't seem to want to wrestle with Flurry at all, wonder why.
      • – Summary: Scum P
      • – Progression: Just seems like a simple attempt to mask inside knowledge, correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Phil
      • – Summary: Mildly aggro response to Phil, Slight Scum P?
      • – Progression: It's a small move from last time, but seems a bit unprompted. Segues almost directly into...
      • – Summary: More aggro, Slight/Med Scum P?
      • – Progression: Definitely more pointed, let's see where this goes. First blush, I don't like her pushing the "hard bus on D1" narrative.
      • – Summary: Aggro Gone, Expl. Med Town P
      • – Progression: And let's flip, flop, flooooww! Smacks of backpedaling to me. A decent amount of town dust sprinkled on Phil. 1039 addendum?
  • Punchy
      • – Summary: Scum Place
      • – Progression: First impression, but outta nowhere. Don't think scum would be in a mood to tempt fate either given a lol-lynch on a buddy so soon, so considering Chief's flip, minor town points for Punchy.
      • – Summary: Move to Null, Response to Me-Slot
      • – Progression: Seems very opportunistic / hedging given their push on Boomer.
      • – Summary: Genial Response
      • – Progression: A little disjointed.
  • Rolf
      • – Summary: Null P, Neutral Response to Phil
      • – Progression: Consistent on Rolf I guess...maybe I need to investigate more how other people read him around this time, but it looks like there wasn't much heat on him, and Fauna didn't need to do the "lynch candidate or not" game. Minor town points for Rolf.
      • – Summary: Slight Scum P
      • – Progression: It's a noticeable move, might be lining up lynches (check D3!)
  • Villager-slot (Tank, Merengue)
      • – Summary: First Blush, Dismissive
      • – Progression: No placing, doesn't change much

General Notes: If no one gives her Boomer push as a reason for their scumread of Fauna in the future I'll be mildly disappointed. Look at her interactions with Eugene and all the holes in her reasoning that come up...yucky! I'm also willing to give more scrutiny to those seemingly left out of Faunas posts.

I know FLurry and [someone else I'm forgetting] have said that Fauna and my predecessor being all buddy-buddy previously sticks in their craw...I can't quite speak for Eugene, but I do know its a low-to-medium-risk/high-reward scum strategy to have a "pet townie" which they try to get in good with. They buddy and defend them through the game, if the townie gets lynched, they can "I told you so" for days, if the wolf gets lynched, everybody suspects that townie. It's pretty effective in the right hands, and it def looks like that's what Fauna is trying here.

Solely from the story so far:

+town: Punchy, Phil, Rolf
undecided: Flurry, V-Slot
+scum: S, Apollo, Cherry

I will conclude this Day's notes by pointing out this jackpot post.

[TBC]
Old 03-24-2020, 02:04 PM   #4842
TWG Yuka
FFR Player

I really need some food right now, so I'll have to resume this later.

In the meantime, can y'all do me a favor? I keep seeing people mention ISOs. I don't see an ISO button/link anywhere. HOW are you doing this? It would undoubtedly be a great improvemeny over whatever the hell I'm doing now, lol
Old 03-24-2020, 02:22 PM   #4843
TWG Phil
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Yuka View Post
I really need some food right now, so I'll have to resume this later.

In the meantime, can y'all do me a favor? I keep seeing people mention ISOs. I don't see an ISO button/link anywhere. HOW are you doing this? It would undoubtedly be a great improvemeny over whatever the hell I'm doing now, lol
well, if you're not from FFR, you've done a good job disgusing yourself

ISOs are kind of a bitch to do on FFR, but here's how you do them

go to the general forum where you see all "The Werewolf Game" threads, then look on the right side of that for this game, and click on "Replies" (there's about 4500 for this game right now, its at the top because its stickied)

it'll bring up another window, then click on the hyperlinked postcount for each player and it'll bring you that player's iso
Old 03-24-2020, 02:38 PM   #4844
TWG Yuka
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
well, if you're not from FFR, you've done a good job disgusing yourself

ISOs are kind of a bitch to do on FFR, but here's how you do them

go to the general forum where you see all "The Werewolf Game" threads, then look on the right side of that for this game, and click on "Replies" (there's about 4500 for this game right now, its at the top because its stickied)

it'll bring up another window, then click on the hyperlinked postcount for each player and it'll bring you that player's iso

Oh cool, clicking each subject jumps straight to each post in context rather than having to jump through hoops for them. Thank you! I will continue after refueling and such
Old 03-24-2020, 03:42 PM   #4845
TWG Phil
FFR Player

I feel like no one has acknowledged my point
what do you guys think wolves were doing last phase?
if you think me and punchy are town, then like
wolves were too busy killing one another or something to try and win the game, as flurry and agent s were viable targets, and the team would be lulworthy if it was flurry/agent s/fauna/zucker
Old 03-24-2020, 03:50 PM   #4846
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
You are correct, I had it initially preppared in-case I died with Maple, and brought it up again the next day phase, 15 mins before eod with some haste edits, and changes to reads list to reflect that.
Why not post it when you made it? Why hold onto it until the next time you were on the chopping block?
Old 03-24-2020, 04:06 PM   #4847
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cherry View Post
if fauna flipped town you'd still super be on my radar but I'd go hard on agent s what what
I'm in the position right now (with 7 - 2 players left) where I need a wolf lynched every day, or I am going to die because you guys definitely do not want me around for MYLO.

7 - 2 -> Town -> 5 - 2 -> Agent S -> 3 - 2 (MYLO)
7 - 2 -> Wolf -> 6 - 1 -> Town -> 4 - 1 -> Agent S -> 2 - 1 (MYLO)
Old 03-24-2020, 04:25 PM   #4848
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
Why not post it when you made it? Why hold onto it until the next time you were on the chopping block?
|
V

Quote:
Quote:
ok so
why not post it beforehand??
Because meaning gets lost in all the posts. There's a sweet piece of time, down to seconds, right at the end of EoD, where you can post anything game-related, and people cannot react, or judge you for them, because you're dead. It's the last post that you make, and when it's one like I've made, it's the one that people pay attention to.

It's my last takeaway from the game. Obviously it's going to cause clashing & problems today because I'm still alive, but the intention of it is written with that the opposite is in mind.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:53 PM   #4849
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

Agent S still making my brain twist, what what

Oops, wrong gimmick
Old 03-24-2020, 04:55 PM   #4850
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

Flurry, why did you take so long to vote yesterday? For someone so concerned about getting reads and info, not having a vote at all makes it hard for people to read you
Especially if you're trying to get townread, because not voting until the last second like that is pretty hard to look past this late in the game
Old 03-24-2020, 04:59 PM   #4851
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Looking through Fauna's interactions at the moment.

Roughly at the end of d1 going to d2 at the moment. There's some telling stuff, will probably make a large post with what stands out for me.
Old 03-24-2020, 05:00 PM   #4852
TWG Rolf
FFR Player

Quote:
or I am going to die because you guys definitely do not want me around for MYLO.
Holy shit you're irritating
Quote:
|
V
The reasoning here is still bad no matter how many times you repeat it. It's false that people don't react to it because people have to react to it now based on the timing the post was made.
Quote:
I feel like no one has acknowledged my point
what do you guys think wolves were doing last phase?
if you think me and punchy are town, then like
wolves were too busy killing one another or something to try and win the game, as flurry and agent s were viable targets, and the team would be lulworthy if it was flurry/agent s/fauna/zucker
Already gave my thoughts if Agent S is a wolf here with the interactions between them and Fauna. Do have to think about situation for wolf Agent to try to get lynch on you though considering how town read you've been. It'd be way easier to get a lynch going on any of the rest of us I think, and then nightkill you after all the PRs are gone.

--------------

Merengue I can still see as well. They had vote on Fauna but it was the only post they had last phase and it was right at the start of a phase where Fauna was one of the most likely candidates still considering the votes the eod before. Slight town cred attempting but then immediately dropping off, can't really get anything else from that. Don't think though that what Merengue's done this game has been enough to make me like the slot more than what Tank had done. This is curious to look at too then:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Merengue View Post
GET OFF THIS MAN
Wolf Merengue would know if this was a teammate trying something or if it was a townie holding back a thoughts post until the absolute last minute because lol. Easy town cred if agent s happened to flip and was town.

Merengue and agent s not w/w because of this, don't think Merengue makes that post with Fauna also being a teammate.

---------------

Already gave thought on not liking Yuka's last eod with the 'break the tie' comment, would pair with agent s.

--------------

I can understand where you're getting at with Flurry's eod. Wouldn't be in his interest to do kitb here unless two cases. He's town and they thought it wouldn't really matter who died as they both were scummy, which I agree with. Or he'd be wolf with kitb between two wolves which with PRs gone, no wolf is really better than the other one at this point so it wouldn't matter who'd die. First option way way more viable than the second though. Otherwise with Agent S/Fauna being a T/W, it'd be way better for them to either defend or push either of them better to either save teammate or distance.

---------------

Punchy and Cherry gotta look at more, give me a bit.
Old 03-24-2020, 05:04 PM   #4853
TWG Yuka
FFR Player

DAY 3

GENERAL/LISTICLES
– Summary: (Cherry) Town P | (V-Slot) Slight Town P | (Phil) Slight Town P | (Flurry) Slight Town P| (Punchy) Null P | (Agent S) Null P | (Rolf) Slight Scum P | (Apollo) Slight Scum P
– Progression: Big jump to town from being null/blank on Cherry and from slight scum to slight town on Flurry. A smaller jump to town on V-Slot; not sure what to think of those moves TBH, except for maybe a slight town edge for Flurry as per my previous. Not backing out of her switch on Phil, I see. I feel like this post shows a clear lead from D3 on Rolf, lining him up to be an alternative should her main push not work out and she has to pivot to her "scum leans". By contrast, the way she softens the blow on Apollo seems suspect – she spares no both-sides-ism for Rolf, or even Chrissy or Chief for that matter.
Agent S
Nothing In Particular
Apollo
NIP
Cherry
NIP
Flurry
– Summary: Rebuttal
– Progression: Definitely not aggressive, staying consistent on them.
– Summary: Probing Response
– Progression: bleh
Phil
NIP
Punchy
NIP
Rolf
NIP
Villager-slot (Tank, Merengue)
NIP

General Notes: Fauna seemed to have little to say about living players outside of daystart, so I would appreciate some help trying to parse D3 in particular.

I just wanna say that 2322 alone should remind you that effort =/= town. Yes, scum will do the big/high-effort/elaborate thing if they think it'll cinch them the win. I think we could all afford to focus less on the amount of effort (which can be faked anyway) and more on what said efforts are trying to achieve, and why.

Anyways, not a lot here to change my mind drastically, so, let's move on...

DAY 4

GENERAL/LISTICLES
– Summary: (Cherry) Town P | (V-Slot) Slight Town P | (S) Null P | (Apollo) Null P | (Punchy) Null P | (Rolf) Slight Scum P | (Phil) Slight Scum P | (Flurry) Slight Scum P
– Progression: I find this post particularly interesting for the fact that Fauna was soft pushing the possibility of either Phil or Eugene (Me-Slot) being blocked scum and seeming really indecisive about it, but here she goes in on Phil and locktowns her pocket Eugene. To me that's textbook "get my pet townie on the mislynch" play and points to Phil being town. Generally I feel like there's more to learn from what a wolf changes than what they don't.

There's a similar thing happening to Fauna's D3 list here: looking at the S-Scum pool, it's laid out as if its equal footing, but Phil is clearly the favorite if you look closely (she doesn't even bother to state or restate her reasoning for the Rolf read either.) So if there's distancing in this weak scum placement, it's likely one of Rolf and Flurry, with Rolf being more likely IMO.

Finally, Apollo being null again after being Slight Town'd, blanked on, then Slight Scum'd points to her not knowing what to do with him.

– Summary: Smear on Flurry and Phil
– Progression: Ahh, the eternal WIFOM struggle of "is this a legit slip or just scum trolling"....
Agent S
– Summary: Teasing a townread?
– Progression: I am befuddled by this post. If I had to say something I feel like it could just be bait? In which case I'd lean S town.
Apollo
– Summary: Maple Response, Probing at Apollo
– Progression: Looks like filler.
Cherry
Flurry
– Summary: Julian Response, Slight Positive
– Progression: Obvious sheep of PR, I don't think it invalidates my Flurry lean at all.
Phil
– Summary: Technically not her post but you can read it in the quote arrow thing, hard on Phil
– Progression: I think this was fully to be expected given the opening list...given the approach I'm taking and the long gaps between VCs here I don't know if she's voting Phil here already, but if she wasn't I wouldn't be surprised.
– Summary: Hedge on Phil, Retreat to Null/Fence-Sitting
– Progression: Gotta love that good old hedging/AtE combo. I really don't think she'd be doing a fellow wolf like this.
– Summary: Genial Response/Probe
– Progression: The BS continues I guess
Punchy
NIP
Rolf
NIP
Villager-slot (Tank, Merengue)
NIP

General Notes: Okay, so I kinda got carried away and wrote most of what should be here in my analysis of the list post. So there's that.

I don't recall when Fauna voted Rolf later in the day but it doesn't change my views significantly, she had to look consistent and Phil was definitely not eating it at that point.

looking good: Punchy, Phil, Flurry
not sure: Rolf, S, V-Slot
looking bad: Apollo, Cherry

[TBC]
Old 03-24-2020, 05:11 PM   #4854
TWG Phil
FFR Player

I don't think Punchy should look good to you from that work, Yuka
your only interactions between them happened on d1
Old 03-24-2020, 05:17 PM   #4855
TWG Phil
FFR Player

do not you believe that partners tend to ignore their teammates or something?
Old 03-24-2020, 05:24 PM   #4856
TWG Phil
FFR Player

im going to be heading out for the rest of the phase length soon
please, at least consolidate the wagons
Old 03-24-2020, 05:28 PM   #4857
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

Quote:
that doesn't seem very meme-tier to me

maybe swap tank with someone else given merengue's park last phase
It doesn't? I'm suddenly partners because I told Tank he was the #1 lynch because he made a silly joke about Isabelle? Let me guess, that makes me Zucker's partner too because I interacted with them in the first few pages? This is so painful to my head it's starting to hurt. This is the first time this game it's actually been like that. I'm being slightly overdramatic here, but still.

Quote:
I think Flurry is town, and they tried to vote Fauna at the buzzer last phase, and I'm just going to assume that they tried to actually kill Fauna, rather than game the voting clock or something

The other Agent S voters are Punchy, Fauna and myself. I really have to wonder where the wolves are, if not on Agent S. If Punchy is town, then I don't know what the fuck the wolves were doing; busing Fauna there seems super dumb and arbitrary to me

Game makes a lot of sense from my POV if Punchy is a wolf as a result

I know Yuka tried to vote Agent S at the buzzer as well, but I was townreading Eugene very hard before that, and I don't think I will be coming back from that anytime soon
I think you're giving Flurry a bit too much credit. Compare Fauna's "look at all these partner team pairings" post and then look at Flurry's general playstyle. They seem to be gravitating towards the same idea of being able to push anything that ends up being convenient.

Apollo is in a weird spot for me. I can't tell if his callout of Yuka was him applying a minor scumread on them or just a reaction. There's a part of me that likes the fact that he dropped onto Fauna yesterday before leaving as it was a break from the Agent S focus. However, there's also the fact that he anticipated his inactivity as being a beacon for scumreads on him and left it on Fauna as a hail mary play. If Apollo didn't start on Agent S today, I wouldn't have thought about it, but he's on Agent S again.
I really, really don't think Agent S and Fauna are partners. I combed through their early interactions and I just don't see them working with each other. That lynch last night does not match up to what I'd expect a w/w wagon to be. Wolf team would have had to do some mad distancing at that point to do some damage control for late phases, and I don't see that. I think with Fauna!wolf, I have to move Agent S out of my scum pile.

I still like Cherry and I still like Rolf, and me moving Agent S to towny helps clear some of my uneasiness I was having with Phil.

I originally thought Apollo/Tank was a thing, but with Merengue being AFK and Villager being a longshot, I'm a bit lost with what to do with this slot at this time.
Old 03-24-2020, 05:29 PM   #4858
TWG Phil
FFR Player

punchy, what were wolves doing last phase, assuming agent s is town
Old 03-24-2020, 05:30 PM   #4859
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

People posting about Yuka's late vote going "ew" make me want to say "ew". I mentioned Apollo, and Flurry also fits the bill.
Old 03-24-2020, 05:39 PM   #4860
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

Quote:
punchy, what were wolves doing last phase, assuming agent s is town
My POE is narrowing to somewhere between Flurry/Apollo/Rhino slot.

The Rhino slot is ??? tier (see big post above), but if I assume that Flurry and Apollo are wolfing together, Apollo's vote on Fauna caused Flurry to go into a mode where they wanted to avoid a Fauna lynch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
I'm not even sure that I want to vote Fauna because the post about being an inexperienced player and the posts from this phase feels like they're coming from a different player and it's making me believe I had the wrong idea.
This is one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
The thing is that I just read standard Agent S posts and I don't feel it and keep town reading back.
And another.
Closed Thread