Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2020, 10:01 PM   #5001
TWG Rolf
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
I feel like if Phil was here, he would just say town to take a chance and vote someone outside of Tank.
Going with this as well.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:04 PM   #5002
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Fauna View Post
By the looks of all of this, maple/cole/agent s are definitely not W/W/W

I think there's at least 1 towny in the group, maybe 2
This is the Rolf day. So far, there are two towns here. Knowing Maple and Cole are certified cool, Agent S stands out significantly. However...

Quote:
rolf

Hopefully he comes back to the thread soon to be a part of discussion, but every time he has been present, I just feel like he’s had a whole lot of nothing to say or any feelings to push. He is the player flying most under the radar for me and currently the person I’d feel most comfortable lynching
The vote jumps to Rolf here. There's not much progression up to this point for her to put her vote on Rolf, so the justification comes in this post here. She was the only one on Rolf, and it didn't look like there was going to be ANY traction on Rolf that day. This vote is a complete throwaway at this phase, and considering Maple/Cole were the other two wagons, maybe she wanted to stay away from the Agent S one? This looks fine for this phase, but it makes no sense in the future if that's really the case.

=============================

Quote:
Rolf

I’ve already gone over Rolf and Tanks interactions

Rolf seems genuinely frustrated at Apollo for all the jokes he was making, making it impossible for Rolf to do a genuine read on him. Later says it’s completely fair that Apollo votes for Rolf for an information lynch?

Also puts Chrissy (Cole) in his 3 picks for vigi. Again, reckless for a wolf at this stage of the game.

Scum reads Agent S for his posting style being similar to Plop as a wolf last game

Don’t think Rolf can be partners with Cole or Agent S

Doing this ISO on Rolf makes me want to townread him

Rolf/Tank/Apollo

Apollo

Does a really dodgy early reads list, townleans essentially everyone, except for Tank and Punchy who are nulls. Also probably the first person to townread Chrissy

Mindmelds with Agent S over his read of Flurry. Copies Agent S’ reads on Molly as well much later in the thread

Seems to ask other people a lot what he should be thinking of tank

Besides listing him in his early reads list, I’m pretty sure this is the first time Apollo mentions Rolf at all.

He later states Rolf is one of his preferred lynches. Still no reasoning, until he says its to help him solve other people. Seems like a pretty wishy washy excuse to push someone towards a lynch.

More in depth reads list says he townreads Agent S, Scumreads Chrissy(Cole) because he thinks she’s faking being a new player???? , Chucks Tank in top 3 town, punchy and rolf null,

The play has been all over the place enough that nobody COULDNT be Apollo’s partner.

Apollo/Agent S/Tank

Agent S

First reads list puts Punchy as town, Chrissy(Cole) as null, scumleaning Rolf

Second reads list puts Apollo as a null for not contributing much, Chrissy(Cole) still at null, Punchy and Tank as town, Rolf as scum

Leans Apollo and Punchy more town than before, stating they’re contributing a lot. This is in contrast to Apollo not contributing at all earlier. Also still has Apollo in top 3 wolves.

Loves Punchy after doing an ISO

Swaps Apollo out of his top 3 with no reasoning

Final reads list puts Punchy as town, Apollo, Tank and Cole at Null and Rolf at Scum.

Has Rolf in scumleans whole game. Does ISO on Rolf in most recent phase and decides he should not be a target of lynching.

Agent S/Apollo/Punchy

Conclusion

Always do your ISOs in Google Docs so you don’t lose all your progress.

My feelings after doing all these is that the one that is most correct is the Apollo/Agent S/Tank world

I currently want to vote between these three. Leaning towards Tank because it would tell me if I’m on the right track or not with a lot of these reads I’ve just made.
Few takeaways:
-They assume that Cole is wolf, so they give Rolf a townread for that as well as the random meta comparison of Plop from last game. I have no idea what kind of justification this is for bumping him up to a townread, but it looks sloppy.
-Doesn't find a single town point for Apollo, but is nowhere near willing to bite at him.
-Hardly anything alignment indicative for Agent S. If anything, this sounds like she's just regurgitating information we already know. Either she's finding a weird way to keep a scumlean on Agent S, or she's just including him because she knows she can get him lynched. A wolf trying to get town cred by lynching Agent S with this kind of case is not going to earn ANY town points, especially after throwing out that vote yesterday.

Quote:
Well this has been a lot to read

Read punchys posts a few pages back (check quotes and stuff he links for yourself, don’t just take his word for things) but might be the fastest way to catch up

I’m only here for 30 minutes longer and I don’t really know what to do

If there’s not a single wolf in my Apollo/agent s/tank world then my solving is absolute trash.
Given that their earlier name/name/name list seems clean, either this one is completely clean or they're telling the truth for once and that there's at least one wolf in here. Once again, they mention Apollo, but never bite.

Quote:
I'd like to read you towny for this because based on the ISO it seems like Rolf flipping red would clear you, tank, maybe others. This entire post only happened because of pressure from Maple though, so I'm not convinced

Have you posted a lynch order?
This is a response to Agent S. They start off by throwing out "I would read you town here, but I need to flip Rolf as a wolf first!" They make no concerted effort to pursue Rolf after this, and instead jump on Agent S. As I mentioned earlier, this is not a town cred kind of case.

======================

From her votes, it's looking like Apollo is the most likely partner here because of the "scumreading at a distance but never biting" style.

Rolf is another possibility, but not as much as Apollo I'd say. She threw the random vote on Rolf before reading him as town. Rolf has never been under any significant pressure, so the possibility of them being partners here from that Rolf vote seems more distant because of this reason.

As for Agent S, see what I said above. I straight-up do not see this as a likely possibility.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:18 PM   #5003
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

So am I going to be where you vote punchy
Old 03-24-2020, 10:29 PM   #5004
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

As for the lynching Villager idea:
It's not a bad thought, actually. We'll probably be in the same situation as today with some more information. The wolves aren't compelled to kill, but that seems really dumb for them to do this late into the game. We can see who they'd pick to kill from the remaining towns.
However, if they no-kill, we are actually stuck in this same situation and the only difference is we have the people that voted Villager. It's a tough call, but I do like the idea of saving us time potentially if the wolves don't just laugh at us. If they stunt on us, then I guess they've got some grit.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:31 PM   #5005
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
I basically die tomorrow regardless if Tank flips town, or wolf.
As someone who is now townreading you given Fauna, you should stop this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Apollo View Post
So am I going to be where you vote punchy
No. I'd probably hop on Flurry or Villager before you at this moment.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:37 PM   #5006
TWG Agent S
FFR Player

Villager

Don't like it, but more time for discussion & reads is better than facing mylo overwhelmed with flips from 3 people.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:45 PM   #5007
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Having thoughts of voting between Agent S/Punchy as if I wanted to follow up on Phil.

Leaving me alone here was a mistake for sure.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:48 PM   #5008
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

Quote:
Having thoughts of voting between Agent S/Punchy as if I wanted to follow up on Phil.

But you've got other people in the thread? Hi, I'm here.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:49 PM   #5009
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Quote:

Not sure what you mean by leaving you alone
Old 03-24-2020, 10:50 PM   #5010
TWG Rolf
FFR Player

Voting Cherry will help me out the most here I think. Probably more likely that I don't like Agent S because I think he's trash than him being scum. Flurry/Apollo/Punchy would have interactions to look at based on tank's slot and cherry flips, while voting someone else non-tank still leaves Cherry as 'just there' to me. Potential nightkill will also better narrow down the lynches for next phase.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:51 PM   #5011
TWG Rolf
FFR Player

100% not lynching Tank's slot though, leaving that shit for a modkill.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:52 PM   #5012
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Whatever happened to yuka
Old 03-24-2020, 10:54 PM   #5013
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Not sure what you mean by leaving you alone
I'm probably going to follow up town consensus regardless of where it ends.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:55 PM   #5014
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Punchy View Post
But you've got other people in the thread? Hi, I'm here.
How do you think this game should continue to help solving ?
Old 03-24-2020, 11:04 PM   #5015
TWG Apollo
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Rolf View Post
Voting Cherry will help me out the most here I think. Probably more likely that I don't like Agent S because I think he's trash than him being scum. Flurry/Apollo/Punchy would have interactions to look at based on tank's slot and cherry flips, while voting someone else non-tank still leaves Cherry as 'just there' to me. Potential nightkill will also better narrow down the lynches for next phase.
What interactions between punchy/tank and flurry/tank would you be looking at?
Old 03-24-2020, 11:05 PM   #5016
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

I think I said nothing to Tank the entire game almost.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:09 PM   #5017
TWG Punchy
FFR Player

Quote:
How do you think this game should continue to help solving ?
Like which lynch should happen to make the game easier to solve? That's subjective.

My stance is we can have more time for solving if we take the route of lynching Villager here.

I think if we couldn't vote Villager, I would vote for you at this point. A combination of you jumping all over the place, voting really late yesterday, as well as Julian's read on you are pointing me in your direction. I've been suspicious of you at a few points in this game, and the preponderance of evidence is pushing me towards this conclusion.

Apollo is next on my list due to Fauna and relatively consistent scum activity throughout the game as well.

So those are what would help me, I'd say.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:13 PM   #5018
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

I guess that's not my favorite outcome.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:14 PM   #5019
TWG Rolf
FFR Player

Quote:
What interactions between punchy/tank and flurry/tank would you be looking at?
Maybe less of direct interaction with eachother and more interactions in general to continue to look at and more info with pairings with Fauna's reads and world possiblities. Tank did have an early defense of Flurry though regarding being on the Zucker wagon, that wagon being a point of contention on whether or not it was pure. Also don't believe both Tank and Agent S would be wolves so it'd help me out there, and then look at people being on or against lynching Agent S over past 1-2 phases depending on Tank flip.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:15 PM   #5020
TWG Flurry
FFR Player

I think I just vote Agent S this phase and pray that the objective choice was the right one.
Closed Thread