Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat > Ask Me Anything
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Ask Me Anything A forum where notable users offer to answer questions from the userbase.

Old 01-1-2017, 10:03 PM   #1
evanescence_death4ever
where'sTHEdrain?!
FFR Veteran

Default Eva AMA4eva

Ask. Me. Everything.

"Life is always downhill, everyone is heading towards death every day. It's up to you to look for the hills you can climb up instead
Or something
I just made that up but it sounds good" ~alloyus~
evanescence_death4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-1-2017, 10:07 PM   #2
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: Eva AMA4eva

is your name also eva

are we correct to presume the username is derived from the band

is there a significance to "death" or was it literally just those things in order + 4ever
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-1-2017, 10:16 PM   #3
evanescence_death4ever
where'sTHEdrain?!
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl View Post
is your name also eva

are we correct to presume the username is derived from the band

is there a significance to "death" or was it literally just those things in order + 4ever
Real name != eva --but it's essentially my -always- internet name, directly derived from shortening my fiffer name "evanescence"

You would be correct.

My 'just turned 13' year old brain probably thought it was edgy? Or..who knows, honestly. Looking at my username makes me cringe.

"Life is always downhill, everyone is heading towards death every day. It's up to you to look for the hills you can climb up instead
Or something
Old 01-1-2017, 10:35 PM   #4
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

how old are you now

math would dictate 22?
Old 01-1-2017, 11:02 PM   #5
evanescence_death4ever
where'sTHEdrain?!
FFR Veteran

Quote:
how old are you now

math would dictate 22?
Dingdingding! We have a winner.

fun fact: 22 is in my 'list of hated numbers' -- I have no opinion on it as an age, I suppose.

Or something
Old 01-1-2017, 11:31 PM   #6
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

is your opinion of the number related to the taylor swift song
Old 01-2-2017, 12:14 AM   #7
evanescence_death4ever
where'sTHEdrain?!
FFR Veteran

Quote:
is your opinion of the number related to the taylor swift song
Cannot say I was aware of her song with that title. But then again I know quite little about her music.

It has to do with being a composite number. As well as being even. I have some sort of inexplicable affinity toward prime numbers. 2 is my least favorite prime, however. Also primes that contain the number 2. But all of those primes top any composite by a landslide.

My hated numbers list is infinite. Ain't that swell~

Or something
Old 01-2-2017, 12:55 AM   #8
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

is there any basis for the hatred of even numbers and is math one of your main interests in life or is it just kinda hobbyist stuff
Old 01-2-2017, 01:11 AM   #9
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

fav colors?

least fav colors?

celeb crush?
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-2-2017, 01:15 AM   #10
evanescence_death4ever
where'sTHEdrain?!
FFR Veteran

Quote:
is there any basis for the hatred of even numbers and is math one of your main interests in life or is it just kinda hobbyist stuff
Come to think of it, it's a pretty irrational hatred, but a deep hatred, nonetheless.

Speaking from a past perspective on math [present perspective on "interests and hobbys" is kinda broken]~~I thoroughly enjoyed the maths I did have the opportunity to take in school, but really only got part way through diffEQ. [so for me that was only the 3 Calc courses and some diffEQ] Calc 2 shined a light on an aesthetically pleasing, and otherwise interesting form of perhaps my favorite number, pi.

Took a liking [or..loving?] to that number in a grade school math class when there was a banner that spanned the top of 3 walls of the room with digits of pi. Can't say I was ever phenomenal at memorizing shit, but I got a kick out of knowing the 150 or so digits that were on the wall.

I love pi so much, though--I have it tattooed on my body. Welp. Most people don't really look at it and see 'pi' though?

Feel like I can't do anything nowadays..last math thing I was trying to get into [as a side thing] was Chinese remainder theorem calculations and...number theory seemed cool but when motivation in life is negative 37million, yaknow~~~....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
fav colors?

least fav colors?

celeb crush?

Pink is by far my favorite color. Red is pretty great [specifically SLIGHTLY deoxygenated blood color. Like..give it a minute or so after it touches air maybe?]~~so is black.

I'm not a fan of the color of the towel I'm currently in view of~~it's like... a dusty light green..kinda sucks. If tan were green kinda thing.

Celeb crush is Xiz.

Or something

Last edited by evanescence_death4ever; 01-2-2017 at 02:22 AM..
Old 01-2-2017, 01:30 AM   #11
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Of your Youtube videos, which one are you the most proud of /look back on fondly?

Do you have a favorite video game?

What is your favorite DDR/Pump mix?

What is the oldest movie that you've ever seen? Did it leave an impact on you?

What about the oldest song you know of? How does it seem to you when you compare it to today's offerings?

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-2-2017, 02:06 AM   #12
evanescence_death4ever
where'sTHEdrain?!
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Of your Youtube videos, which one are you the most proud of /look back on fondly?

Do you have a favorite video game?

What is your favorite DDR/Pump mix?

What is the oldest movie that you've ever seen? Did it leave an impact on you?

What about the oldest song you know of? How does it seem to you when you compare it to today's offerings?
Favorite YT as follows
Ironically, THIS ONE. [I look back at it and laugh because it landed me on /r cringe? and flame comments are surprisingly amusing]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gmekMivTsg&t
But in actuality...Probably my Bike Thief video, which I made for FFR IDOL back a few years ago. A childhood friend of mine tagged along with me all day in our neighborhood and filmed me being a fool. Sadly he overdosed on cocaine at his parent's house two years ago...had no idea he was into that stuff, but that kid helped me create one of my favorite videos. ANYWHO here's that one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB4HuMDTfmQ&t

Favorite video game--I'm not sure...but probably one from the Jak and Daxter series..dunno which one, though, I didn't have a whole YT channel called "JakAndDaxFanatic" for nothin~ (was also my playstation underground handle, back in the day) [CRASH 3 WARPED IS UP THERE THOUGH--naughty dog <3]

Pump I honestly didn't get into until Prime was already a thing, so probably prime? DDR..maybe max? [or maybe True Kiss Destination which was a super random obscure mix on my friend's cab?]

Oldest movie..I honestly have no idea--probably a Charlie Chaplin movie. It couldn't have had much of an impact, given I am having a difficult time even recalling if that's the oldest? Don't even know which one it would have been...

Oldest song..WHO KNOWS BRO. Probably the Bach pieces I played when I played classical flute for 9 years? Bach's flute sonata in b minor [if I recall correctly]] was one of my favorites by him (can't really check now, chillin' in a quiet room with no headphones) Bach is before Beethoven/Mozart/Chopin/Hue/Chaminade (Hue and Chaminade are fairly late~~) Honestly it's a bit difficult for me to talk about music right now, music hurts to listen to presently.

Or something

Last edited by evanescence_death4ever; 01-2-2017 at 02:07 AM..
Old 01-2-2017, 03:04 AM   #13
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

lol holy shit that video. Good stuff.

Bike Thief was pretty great

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescence_death4ever View Post
Pump I honestly didn't get into until Prime was already a thing, so probably prime? DDR..maybe max? [or maybe True Kiss Destination which was a super random obscure mix on my friend's cab?]
TKD is like the only mix that I have zero familiarity with. DDRMAX Arcade had a great songlist though.

Quote:
Oldest movie..I honestly have no idea--probably a Charlie Chaplin movie. It couldn't have had much of an impact, given I am having a difficult time even recalling if that's the oldest? Don't even know which one it would have been...
Charlie Chaplin was active between the 20s and 40s so depending on the Chaplin short you saw you might have actually seen older Disney films (People don't really think of it but Snow White is from the mid 1930s).

Quote:
Oldest song..WHO KNOWS BRO. Probably the Bach pieces I played when I played classical flute for 9 years? Bach's flute sonata in b minor [if I recall correctly]] was one of my favorites by him (can't really check now, chillin' in a quiet room with no headphones) Bach is before Beethoven/Mozart/Chopin/Hue/Chaminade (Hue and Chaminade are fairly late~~) Honestly it's a bit difficult for me to talk about music right now, music hurts to listen to presently.
Bach is a really good answer to this. It's certainly older then Mambo No 5 <.<

Old 01-2-2017, 07:48 PM   #14
evanescence_death4ever
where'sTHEdrain?!
FFR Veteran

No one likes to hear me joke about Shakespeare, obviously.

I actually haven't seen Snow White in full~ I did know it was from the 30's though.

I mean, I've also heard pieces by Handel, but never actually played pieces by that dude~ I think I'm more fond of Bach, if not solely because I was into his flute sonata in b minor when I played it?

bring it fiffer~I got ANSWERS

Or something

Last edited by evanescence_death4ever; 01-2-2017 at 07:49 PM..
Old 01-2-2017, 10:24 PM   #15
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

The Disney movies that Walt worked on personally hold up really well.

If you never seen Snow White in full, are you familiar with other Disney movies?

Old 01-2-2017, 11:06 PM   #16
evanescence_death4ever
where'sTHEdrain?!
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
The Disney movies that Walt worked on personally hold up really well.

If you never seen Snow White in full, are you familiar with other Disney movies?
Yep--Quite familiar! Some of my favorites include Dumbo, Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella, Aristocats~~~The list goes on.

Or something
Old 01-3-2017, 05:06 AM   #17
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner

What does math look like?

Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-3-2017, 07:47 PM   #18
evanescence_death4ever
where'sTHEdrain?!
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
What does math look like?
The entire universe.
BRING IT FIFFER~~A. M. A. <3

Or something

Last edited by evanescence_death4ever; 01-4-2017 at 02:04 AM..
Old 01-6-2017, 11:58 AM   #19
Zapmeister
FFR Player

You're playing poker with a tiger, a sheep, a wolf, a sloth, and an emu. You're holding Jd Js and the flop is 10c 5c 8h. The tiger has a disgusted look on its face after seeing the flop, and scrunches up its face, looks at the sky, pouts, and immediately turns to you and slams its paw down on the table and throws chips into the middle, betting equal to the pot. The sheep makes bleating noises and thinks for a while, staring aimlessly into nowhere, and calls while still making bleating noises. The wolf looks with contempt at the sheep in an "if you do that again I'll rip your guts out" facial expression and folds. The sheep doesn't care. The sloth and emu both folded preflop and are having a staring contest with each other. Do you fold, call, raise, or run screaming?

I think bitcoins are becoming anthropomorphically self-aware and have started to hate me and are doing things on purpose to spite me. What should I do?

Why don't hockey teams sign up extremely morbidly obese people as goalkeepers, so that their body fat blocks the entire goal and prevents the opposition from scoring?

Suppose hypothetically an eccentric billionaire wants to carry out a social experiment where participants have to choose a number n>=0 and the billionaire has built a robot that will forcibly hold the participant's head down in a barrel of water for n seconds with absolutely no possibility of escape during that time, and then they get paid n^2 dollars. Nobody gets to take part more than once. You've seen many people take part, and there is no catch or anything - the billionaire is perfectly honest. But you don't know what they chose for n. You are offered the opportunity to do this. What n do you choose? You can refuse to take part by picking n=0.

Theorem: If you have a large enough number of monkeys, and a large enough number of computer keyboards, one of them will sight-read AAA death piano on stealth. And the ffr community will forever worship it. Proof Example

ask me anything here

mashed FCs: 329

r1: 5
r2: 4
r3: 6
r4: 8
r5: 3
r6: 5
r7: 15
final position: 4th
Zapmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-7-2017, 06:50 PM   #20
evanescence_death4ever
where'sTHEdrain?!
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapmeister View Post
You're playing poker with a tiger, a sheep, a wolf, a sloth, and an emu. You're holding Jd Js and the flop is 10c 5c 8h. The tiger has a disgusted look on its face after seeing the flop, and scrunches up its face, looks at the sky, pouts, and immediately turns to you and slams its paw down on the table and throws chips into the middle, betting equal to the pot. The sheep makes bleating noises and thinks for a while, staring aimlessly into nowhere, and calls while still making bleating noises. The wolf looks with contempt at the sheep in an "if you do that again I'll rip your guts out" facial expression and folds. The sheep doesn't care. The sloth and emu both folded preflop and are having a staring contest with each other. Do you fold, call, raise, or run screaming?

I think bitcoins are becoming anthropomorphically self-aware and have started to hate me and are doing things on purpose to spite me. What should I do?

Why don't hockey teams sign up extremely morbidly obese people as goalkeepers, so that their body fat blocks the entire goal and prevents the opposition from scoring?

Suppose hypothetically an eccentric billionaire wants to carry out a social experiment where participants have to choose a number n>=0 and the billionaire has built a robot that will forcibly hold the participant's head down in a barrel of water for n seconds with absolutely no possibility of escape during that time, and then they get paid n^2 dollars. Nobody gets to take part more than once. You've seen many people take part, and there is no catch or anything - the billionaire is perfectly honest. But you don't know what they chose for n. You are offered the opportunity to do this. What n do you choose? You can refuse to take part by picking n=0.
You have neglected to inform me of my current chip count, but I'm going to go with a call. The 5 and 8 could be potential for a straight, or the 8 and 10~ I may have pocket jacks, but that ain't gonna do anything for me--but I'm going to say that my current chip count is MILLIONZ sooo...yeah, I'll call.

If you are in possession of any bitcoin, yourself, you should immediately rid yourself of all association. You should probably take the data and murder it a Titus Andronicus style. A gory slaughter!

Dead is near for those folk, they don't want to contract a person who's going to die. But then again...if it is to win a game....HMMMMM. Good question, you have me STUMPED!

I would choose 1013 as my n. I would inevitably drown, and 1013 is the first prime number I actually am quite fond of that is greater than 1000. [1009 is also prime, but 9 is a digit in that number, which is less than ideal, since 9 is NOT prime!]~~I'll make sure the money is in my will to go to my family--the money will be enough to cover my tens of thousands dollars of student loans--my parents can retire, buy a new home somewhere they'd like, etc. Whatever they want~ I'd be gone and there wouldn't be the worry that I left ridiculous amounts of debt behind, so that'd be swell!

hit me fiffer <3

Or something