Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2016, 02:42 PM   #1
Byste
FFR Player

Question Credits and secret songs

Hi y'all,

So I've been an on-and-off FFR player despite the account being pretty new. I know I had an account once upon a time for multiplayer shenanigans but I never played much on it anyway - most of my time on FFR has been as a guest since 2007 sometime I think.

Anyway, I've been going at this account for something like a month and I've accumulated about 7k credits, which is really depressing to me because the main reason I even made an account was because I really miss being able to play songs that used to be free and open but now are locked away in the secret category of songs that requires credits to unlock. My sights are mostly on Blue Rose (~38k credits away) and FF Last Battle Festival (~63k credits away) - I remember those songs being really really fun and I miss them terribly because it's been so long.

So I guess I'm just wondering if anyone can give me advice on how to rack up credits faster besides playing more and playing better. I can only play so often without injuring myself and improving is something I'm always striving for anyway. Is there another way to earn credits besides grinding songs ad nauseum?

If it's relevant at all I'm ~tier 2 skill level I think. I can't stand actually trying to AAA songs and the highest AAA-equivalency thingy I've noticed was a 25 AAA.
Byste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 02:46 PM   #2
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Credits and secret songs

Credits are based on total score which is heavily affected by combo scoring.

So, playing the hardest songs you can full combo would be the ideal way on long term.

Also, joining tournaments can rack up credits much faster even if you don't win them.
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 03:10 PM   #3
Byste
FFR Player

Huh, yeah so I've never even looked at tournaments before - I just checked out the "Benguin and Xelnya's AAA-fest Rates" tournament and their D1 song is at a difficulty of 39, where the objective is to get the highest AAA rate? I can't compete in any tournament lol I'm garbage, it's taken me well over 20 tries to AAA songs with a difficulty of <5, which is already at a rate less than 0.05, and scores are rounded down.

Something tells me tournaments aren't for me. Why is everyone insanely good? I always got the impression I was better than half the userbase, since my scores on songs always puts me at a rank over half. I knew that D1 was supposed to be where most people are, but I didn't expect to be at the very bottom end of D1 players.
Byste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 06:08 PM   #4
Soundwave-
Carry your failures proud
FFR Veteran

As a D4, I still can't compete in tournaments.

There are winners and losers, and it's not always the best player who makes it out top. Thus is arguably the case with any competition.

Regardless, you don't need to do tournaments to get credits. You get more credits for playing harder songs, and for the most part I think you will find in the long run that the amount of credits you earn will out run your ability to play the songs you can unlock anyway.

As for getting certain songs that you're familiar with, then yeah, you're kinda outta luck, there's not really any tricks.
Originally Posted by [11:38 PM] Hakulyte
only person who can legit tilt me is like YoshL
Quote:
Originally Posted by スンファンさん
右に3回回らない限り間違います。
Soundwave- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 06:51 PM   #5
Sanjixcon
Banned
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I just gave you 20,000 credits
Sanjixcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 10:49 PM   #6
grizz13114
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I save up my creds for tourney donations, but ill send 5k your way
grizz13114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 01:36 AM   #7
badman7772
It happens for a reason.
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

play in tournaments anyways, but only if you're willing to try or have the will to submit a score. i'm d6 and i'm dead last every tournament regardless. :P