Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2009, 10:46 PM   #41
fido123
FFR Player

Default Re: Is it wrong to be gay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tran View Post
you're generalizing rap to try to prove a point
You're generalizing homosexuals to try to justify your opinion.
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:49 PM   #42
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
Are you applying this to anyone?
No, should I be?
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:51 PM   #43
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
No, should I be?
Definitely not. I was just making sure you weren't trying to say that this applies to anyone and everyone.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:51 PM   #44
Dr Tran
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
You're generalizing homosexuals to try to justify your opinion.

are you implying that there is more than one type of homosexual. each one being vastly different then the next?
Dr Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:53 PM   #45
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
are you implying that there is more than one type of homosexual. each one being vastly different then the next?
Not all homosexuals are involved in gay culture. I'm attracted to men, I don't thrust my hips to Chere in school parking lots. None of my male friends have ever suspected I'm gay. It's like how all black people don't like rap and other black culture.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:07 PM   #46
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

It is depressing that rap is black culture.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:08 PM   #47
Dr Tran
Banned

not all homosexuals are involved in the gay culture but all homosexuals like men.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:10 PM   #48
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
not all homosexuals are involved in the gay culture but all homosexuals like men.
And that's not the influential culture. If I was 30 and married, a kid wouldn't have a clue I was gay. How would this effect him/her? And anyways what do you want homosexuals to do about it?
Old 10-24-2009, 12:00 AM   #49
cooke71892
FFR Player

well, i myself am a straight guy who loves to be in the company of gay dudes, honestly. no, i'm not bi, and i already said i'm straight, but gay people are some of the funnest people i know! who knows, maybe in the future gays will be revered as pioneers and maybe even dramatized in culture, no one knows! why do people care? Religion. but think about it. the bible was written mainly on the teachings of Jesus, right? well, if some random dude came up to you on the street and told you that he was the son of god, would you believe him? that's what Jesus did. for all you people saying he performed miracles, where you there?? so, in conclusion, doesn't it almost sound like the only real reason there is for not accepting gays is the simple fact that people just can't deal with what they don't know or care to know?
Old 10-24-2009, 12:10 AM   #50
Dr Tran
Banned

this discussion was never about religion and what was taught using the bible but good point
Old 10-24-2009, 03:05 AM   #51
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

it seems like you guys are treating "being straight" and "being gay" like they're mutually exclusive statuses, when they're not.

if homosexual couples are placed at the same level as eterosexual couples, kiddies will just see both of them. the fear of childrens turning gay because of this is just a bad way to mask your insecurity and frustration against differences. it would instead have a very positive influx on childrens mentality, because they would be used to live in a non-monochromatic social context and would be less likely to become intollerant towards people who are different.

in additions to these things, and all the other collateral goods this could cause, i'm sure there would be a shift in people's mentality, whereas a relationship would be natural with whatever persons you better like, regardless of the gender.

also: emotive replies on critical thinking arguments are a no-no. if you bang in and feel like something isn't right, maybe you should actually start thinking what is.

Last edited by Mollocephalus; 10-24-2009 at 03:07 AM..
Mollocephalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:46 AM   #52
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Quote:
im more or less thinking about the children. if children are taught that being gay is ok and that it can be a choice instead of something you're born with like a mental disorder then some years from now there will be fewer children going to school in the future because not as many couples would be having children do to some couples being the same sex. eventually teachers will be laid off due to lack of students and our workforce will slowly start to wither away.

i have gay friends so i am not homophobic by any means
What.

Please tell me you're trolling. You have to be trolling.

Let me introduce you to a few things:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artificial_insemination
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adoption

I don't think I need to say anything else.

Oh, actually, I do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_slope

Quote:
I'm curious. Do you understand what lesbians are?

Quote:
not so much that taught that its wrong just not have it shown as a lifestyle choice.children are very impressionable, if you tell a child its ok to smoke and expose them to smoking then there is a very good chance that child will become a smoker. same goes with just about anything. again using technology as an example did you know that right now cellphones are outselling land lines in mexico? i doubt its because of the convenience seeing as how much a cellphone costs in mexico is about the same as here and the amount of money someone makes is far below minimum wage. they have it because they have been told that cell phones are ok/better to have than traditional landlines. now think of that scenario but with gays. if gay couples start to out number straight couples there will be a big hit not only in the school districts but other things as well. the toy industry will be losing out on billions of dollars over the years and the makers of school supplies will also take a hit. not to mention having no kids to grow up to be the next scientists or political leaders will also be bad on a global scale. if you've never seen the movie children of men i suggest you watch it because it shows pretty much what could happen to the world if gays were to take over. this of course wont happen in our lifetime and like i said im thinking more about the future than the present.
First thing wrong with this post: you compare being gay to doing drugs. One of them is harmful to your body, the other isn't. One of them can be a choice or it can be a biological imperative that is out of your control. I'll leave it to you to figure out which is which.

Second thing: I have absolutely no idea why you assume cell phone popularity has anything to do with public misinformation. This scenario is exactly the same here in America. Land lines are not convenient anymore. Cellular technology has taken leaps and bounds above that of a public switched telephone network. It is better quality for a better service. Why wouldn't everybody do this?

Third thing: You assume that somehow, once "being gay is ok" is the norm, that everybody will be gay. This is false. When being gay is ok, the only difference will be that there are more married gay couples and that society accepts it. The number of children, the ratio of straight:gay couples, etc. will not change.

You are not thinking rationally at all. All of your assumptions could be substituted with "aliens killed all the women so mankind is doomed" and it would make the same amount of sense.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:01 AM   #53
Afrombean
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
First thing wrong with this post: you compare being gay to doing drugs. One of them is harmful to your body, the other isn't.
Right. Sodomy can cause damage to the colon, while drugs like marijuana are totally safe in every way.

Quote:
One of them can be a choice or it can be a biological imperative that is out of your control.
What.

Having gay sex is not a biological imperative. Nor is doing drugs, unless the person is physiologically addicted. Sex itself could be called a biological imperative, but specific kinds are personal preference, not imperatives. For example, a pedophile might be turned on by little girls and want to plow them, but it's not biological drive that leads them to wanting to plow little girls. All the biological drive does is make them want to plow something, it's up to the individual to decide what.

Quote:
Land lines are not convenient anymore.
Land lines are plenty convenient for me.

But sorry, I'm new to the thread. What does this have to do with gay sex??

Quote:
The number of children, the ratio of straight:gay couples, etc. will not change.
Not true, I'd say. There are plenty of homosexual people who parent children biologically when if they were gay and in a gay couple, they'd instead adopt an already existing child.

So the number of children should decrease, but it might be negligible, and actually, I'd say having more children be adopted would be a good thing.
Afrombean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 05:13 AM   #54
Afrombean
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFD View Post
Arfo's never heard of lube.
I've seen plenty of prolapses on efukt...

But on a serious note, I'd like to add that I am completely against the gay culture. But by the same note, I'm completely against other subcultures, especially the whole "black" angle that people of African descent like to play up.

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollocephalus View Post
it seems like you guys are treating "being straight" and "being gay" like they're mutually exclusive statuses, when they're not.
what

No dude, "gay" and "straight" are absolutely mutually exclusive. The overlap is called "bi". Gay cannot be straight, straight cannot be gay. If a person is "both" gay and straight, they're NEITHER, they're bi.

Last edited by Afrombean; 10-24-2009 at 05:45 AM..
Afrombean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:14 AM   #55
mhss1992
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

My last post was erased... I think I was a bit agressive.
Well, it can't be wrong to be gay, since nobody chooses to be gay. They're not harming anyone.
And, to the people that say that they're bad examples to children: it will only teach them to be more tolerant and see it as something natural. Children don't learn to be gay...

Best AAA: Frictional Nevada (Done while FFR was out, so it doesn't show in my level stats)

Resting. I might restart playing FFR seriously someday.
mhss1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:33 AM   #56
Adamaja456
Absurd
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Adamaja456 Send a message via MSN to Adamaja456 Send a message via Yahoo to Adamaja456 Send a message via Skype™ to Adamaja456

i didn't read through this thread so if i repeat someone, i'm sorry.

Last i thought, i thought people didnt choose to be gay, its just someone they were born with so do i think its wrong to be gay? of course not. am i homophobic? of course not? but from what i know(and i could be wrong, this is just what i could of sworn i knew) being gay isn't something you randomly decide to become one day. its something inside you that shows itself during puberty.

god i suck at CT =/

582 Tier Points(Tier 3)
602 AAAs(517+23+62)
People who bought me subscriptions/tokens:
DrugstoreCowboy(1 month) ELRayford(3 months)
~GJampa(3 months) Jerry DB(3 months)
4th place in Gamewhore Competition(3 months)
Phynx(FGJ album and Dendrite V2)
dragon890x(1 year) Slide(1 year)

Last edited by Adamaja456; 10-24-2009 at 10:33 AM..
Adamaja456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:30 AM   #57
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertson3r View Post
why, does it upset your safe space as a good white boy
No, it's because it's entirely stupid and glorifies ignorance, violence, racism, and sexism.

I also find the style of speech these people employ to be offensive to my intelligence (to say nothing of casual use of the N word in spite of others getting torn to **** if the word is used, even in context of referring to it as an offensive word), not to mention the effect this subculture has brought on "fashion". I also find it annoying as hell that these retards intentionally exhibit antisocial behavior, because it's cool. And don't even get me started on the "swagger", which is really just a fake limp that makes the "gangsta" look like a stroke victim.

The gay subculture I just find annoying because of the in-your-face nature many exude. And the way so many of them talk. Why do they do that? Why would you talk like that? It has to be on purpose. You must consciously be altering your voice to sound that way. Why? It's stupid. The "fashion" angle can also come into play here, with **** like faux-hawks and overly androgynous or feminine style clothing.

ps "its just someone they were born with." I have a contention with this. For example, I enjoy vanilla ice cream. Does this mean I was born with this disposition? It's a personal preference that is deeply rooted within our selves and a person can't decide to like or not like something, but that doesn't mean it's something we're born with. At best, preferences for things are a combination of the environment and our biology.
Old 10-24-2009, 10:04 AM   #58
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Yeah it's a pretty good idea to repost your deleted topic GG_Guru

I agree with Afro. I don't believe homosexuality is something you are born with. It's not something that is hard coded into your DNA.

However, I don't think that homosexuality is really a right or wrong question. Would "wrong" mean against the opinion of the majority? Then yeah, it's probably wrong. But in that case, does it really matter? You should already know that. People who think being gay is wrong inherently think so from the environments in which they live, where the vast majority of people are straight.

On moral grounds, it gets much more complicated. I think you have to ask yourself if morals can be taken subjectively. Some people have stated that the controversy against gayness comes from religion. Is there one religion that happens to be "right"? Probably not. I doubt we'll ever have any way of proving religion.

As much as I try to keep an open mind, I really dislike the way many gays portray themselves. It's due to many of the reasons Afro pointed out. And like the majority, I have been trained to stamp such culture as weird. But I don't believe that homosexuality is absolutely wrong.
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Wineandbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:13 AM   #59
mhss1992
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

It's annoying how straight people in this forum don't even try to see things from the gays' perspective.

You don't have the right to treat other people badly just because your taste is different.

And this whole "I don't like to see gay men kissing" thing is very annoying. They're not kissing you. They're not doing ANYTHING to you.

Best AAA: Frictional Nevada (Done while FFR was out, so it doesn't show in my level stats)

Resting. I might restart playing FFR seriously someday.
mhss1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:20 AM   #60
Magewout
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Hey I didn't say I hate gay people or anything haha, just stating that men don't like to see gay people kissing.
It's a weird thing of nature actually, because 2 women kissing = awesomely hot. 2 men just makes us feel uncomfortable. Maybe that's why you get so many negative reactions from straight men? Just trying to help you finding an explanation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
EDIT: Wow Magewout just slayed my riddles
Magewout is offline   Reply With Quote