Old 03-17-2012, 10:27 PM   #561
Elite Ninja
Kawaii Desu
Difficulty Consulting Cat
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Dragons Fury: Custom Tournament #7

Well..... I hope my skill comes back before this round ends x.x

The only sightread score here

This is where I would die in D6 if I was still placed in it.

Old 03-17-2012, 11:14 PM   #562
megamon88
aka Assertive
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Gonna drop out of this. I've lost interest in FFR a bit and I won't be able to play as much.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:57 PM   #563
Xx{Midnight}xX
FFR Player

Hi19, I can no longer take your charts seriously.

You troll.

Ally go fix your system I'm beating you on it horribly <3

PS: Hi19: You can no longer complain about system... You did the same thing, except the fact yours may be musically justified, but not logically justified. The trill chart is just a why the hell those transitions. Let Me is just sheer what the hell. There's no reason for the hands, and difficulty wise those jacks are more gross than system's anchors. (In my opinion that is. Take what you want from it.)

Last edited by Xx{Midnight}xX; 03-18-2012 at 12:06 AM..
Old 03-18-2012, 01:19 AM   #564
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

So I heard D4 gets more trill and jack charts...[sarcasm]yay...[/sarcasm].
I guess it's good that we're getting charts with patterns I'm bad at to force me to improve on those patterns, but I'm hoping D4 doesn't become D(jacks and trills) (like how D3 in Dossar's hip-hop tourney became D(jacks))

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
Old 03-18-2012, 02:18 AM   #565
RadiantVibe
PUNKTURE DERBY
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicturbo View Post
I hope I don't have to AAA this round =/
Oh, you will...
Old 03-18-2012, 02:37 AM   #566
typing like wat
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTrixX View Post

I sense that he will need to be put in d3
Dragonsfury member
Old 03-18-2012, 02:39 AM   #567
Elite Ninja
Kawaii Desu

Improvement
Old 03-18-2012, 02:47 AM   #568
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I'll start with my ghosted scores for D3A.

My sightread:

Hey look, I finally FC'ed

Sightread. I picked up 5 goods from the first trill, 5 goods and 3 misses and a boo from the second trill, and then some other random good in some random place because of lag.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
Old 03-18-2012, 02:56 AM   #569
FrozenAngel91
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to FrozenAngel91

Alright here we go...

This was a pretty fun file, really liked the progression of it. If you had done this style of progression for a long version it would of been really good since the song sounded like it needed to keep going (and I guess I like those style of files), but anyways good job elite ninja

Ugh, sorry Hi19. I did really like almost all of the songs you gave us in your tournament, but I really don't like this song. Maybe it's because I need to go for a AAA but the file feels really repetitive, which while annoying might be fine if it stayed at an even level of difficulty, but it suddenly jumps into that really annoying roll into trill pattern you did in legend of zelda.

That pattern worked fine in zelda because that song was all crazy ridiculous polyrhythms, so it fit right in and didn't randomly spike the difficulty (though it was the hardest part for sure), but in this song it drives me insane due to how much it effects my nerves when I have to wait for it to come while sitting through the repetitive easy part.

Oh well, sorry again, maybe that pattern is actually easy and I just suck at it, but I guess I was just giving my opinion on it.

Edit: Forgot to mention, tip to anyone in d3 trying to nail the roll into trill part: If you hit the roll as a jumptrill then immediately transition into the trill it will be way easier, at least for me it was. Also you can hit the trill as a series of jumps if you think you're going to be off

Edit 2: haha wrong screenshot for rivers of avalon, accidently posted my bf. I fail >.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findarian
get a sand hack and don't chicken scratch it and if someone does something stupid hack burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannytwobyfore
I wouldn't blame them, playing jump dense Konami files in DDR would make anyone's dick hard, maybe that's why the only thing anyone does anymore is stream.

Last edited by FrozenAngel91; 03-18-2012 at 03:21 AM..
Old 03-18-2012, 03:05 AM   #570
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Lmfao, a huge improvement from my sightread. xD But still, how to FC? :<

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-18-2012, 03:11 AM   #571
Elite Ninja
Kawaii Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenAngel91 View Post
This was a pretty fun file, really liked the progression of it. If you had done this style of progression for a long version it would of been really good since the song sounded like it needed to keep going (and I guess I like those style of files), but anyways good job elite ninja
Thanks you <3

I cut the song in half because the second half is basically the same thing as the first half and so I didn't want it to be long and repetitive.

lol I can't even AAA my own song so nice AAA.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:12 AM   #572
FrozenAngel91
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

ARGHASIOHJDFOIHJDFOIUHFDOIHDF

Edit: Thanks ninja . Well if it was like that it's a good thing you cut it then, but what I meant was if you had it slowly work it's way towards harder patterns like the song did in the short version but in a longer format, which I thought would of been fun.

Quote:
get a sand hack and don't chicken scratch it and if someone does something stupid hack burn
Quote:
I wouldn't blame them, playing jump dense Konami files in DDR would make anyone's dick hard, maybe that's why the only thing anyone does anymore is stream.

Last edited by FrozenAngel91; 03-18-2012 at 03:14 AM..
Old 03-18-2012, 03:57 AM   #573
Magicturbo
Beatrix~
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Edit: Forgot to mention, tip to anyone in d3 trying to nail the roll into trill part:
Wait... there's a roll in there ?_?
Old 03-18-2012, 04:01 AM   #574
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
*facepalm*

That's the part that makes transitioning into the trills difficult, lol.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-18-2012, 04:02 AM   #575
FrozenAngel91
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Haha, well I guess if you jumptrill it it's all trills so uh....no? XD

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-18-2012, 05:14 AM   #576
Magicturbo
Beatrix~
FFR Veteran

Well, for w.e reason I can't read it. Idk.. it's weird.. I just hit it. :P
Old 03-18-2012, 05:28 AM   #577
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Better raw score than my previous 1-0-2-0, lmfao. xD AAA'ed the first trill (I was surprised myself x.x), got a bs good from a lag spike, and got a good and a boo from the second trill. And I got the miss...owait I finally FC'ed the song. :P

EDIT: Just remembered I have to play D4's songs as well. Trills and jacks...this isn't going to go well ;~;

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by reuben_tate; 03-18-2012 at 05:45 AM..
Old 03-18-2012, 07:25 AM   #578
Zakvvv666
I catch fruit
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Sightread scores with my opinions on each:
This was a wonderfully done file, the jacks are challenging, but still very fun, great job on this one.

Also done pretty nicely, the trills caught me off guard, but once I got the hang of them I did much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
I'll bid a single erotic yet safe-for-work photo of me posing while wearing my Piplup hat while sucking on a blueberry lollipop with my mouth partially open so you can see the lollipop color to verify it's blueberryness.

Disclaimer: This photo is not guaranteed to cause pleasure.

Old 03-18-2012, 07:41 AM   #579
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

aww poop

fun file dumb miss
Old 03-18-2012, 07:45 AM   #580
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
PS: Hi19: You can no longer complain about system... You did the same thing, except the fact yours may be musically justified, but not logically justified. The trill chart is just a why the hell those transitions.
The patterns are clearly musically justified and, to me, they flow well. That's all the "logical justification" I need. What other justification are you looking for?

I am not sure what transitions you are referring to. Every single trill in the trill section of Theme of Payon save for two is right hand, left hand, or one-handed.
I deliberately tried to engineer the two places the trills cross to be as natural as possible. The first cross is a small, 4 note trill that did not seem to me like it would be an issue. The second cross is on the first very long 2323 trill and could definitely possibly throw people off. I tried to remedy this by using a 12323 introduction transition to reinforce that the hands have switched for that trill.
There is a single 1234 roll in the trills, but I hardly see that being a problem. It goes with a rising sound in the music.

Quote:
Let Me is just sheer what the hell. There's no reason for the hands
The hands go to the melody. There is no super technical layering reason for the hands, I used them because the melody is a very aggressive sound, simple as that.
It also helps even out the difficulty; that section would be very low NPS if I didn't use hands. It's true that I tend to put a greater emphasis on difficulty curve than many others do.

Quote:
and difficulty wise those jacks are more gross than system's anchors. (In my opinion that is. Take what you want from it.)
The long jacks are objectively easier in all respects for spread than the jacks in S.Y.S.T.E.M. This is not up for debate:

First of all, Let Me Hit It is 12 bpm slower. It is only 128 bpm.
Second of all, the longest jack in Let Me Hit It is shorter than the longest jack in S.Y.S.T.E.M.
Third of all, there are no jumps in the jacks.
Fourth of all, the transitions are better for spread. All the 4+ arrow jack transitions switch hands. Compare this to 44(34)44 anchors.
Fifth of all, all the long jacks have easy lead-outs and lead-ins, with the exception of a single 22221 ending transition that I was not terribly worried about.
There is literally no aspect of the long jacks that come close to the difficulty of the long jacks in S.Y.S.T.E.M.

The minijack section is definitely more a question of personal taste. I know you tend to not like minijacks as a rule, and I did include a number of 1-handed transitions in the minijacks.
I considered the difficulty of the rest of the file, and based on my experience, players of the level the file is directed at have a much easier time with minijack transitions than anchors.
So I initially wasn't worried. If other players are having trouble with the minijack transitions that's definitely feedback I'd like to get.
Note that I did try doing the minijacks in a pitch relevant manner, but that just led to lots of 443 332 221 patterns, which got old fast. So I went for variety.

Quote:
Ugh, sorry Hi19. I did really like almost all of the songs you gave us in your tournament, but I really don't like this song. Maybe it's because I need to go for a AAA but the file feels really repetitive, which while annoying might be fine if it stayed at an even level of difficulty, but it suddenly jumps into that really annoying roll into trill pattern you did in legend of zelda.

That pattern worked fine in zelda because that song was all crazy ridiculous polyrhythms, so it fit right in and didn't randomly spike the difficulty (though it was the hardest part for sure), but in this song it drives me insane due to how much it effects my nerves when I have to wait for it to come while sitting through the repetitive easy part.

Oh well, sorry again, maybe that pattern is actually easy and I just suck at it, but I guess I was just giving my opinion on it.

Edit: Forgot to mention, tip to anyone in d3 trying to nail the roll into trill part: If you hit the roll as a jumptrill then immediately transition into the trill it will be way easier, at least for me it was. Also you can hit the trill as a series of jumps if you think you're going to be off
I agree with this. The roll into trill is too much of a difficulty spike, especially coming from Mr. Cares a Lot About Difficulty Curve lol
I mainly stepped this file because I really like the song, and I sent it to DF on a whim. While it's by no means technically bad, it's definitely not one of my better files.
I was actually surprised that it was accepted for tournament use given its length and burst difficulty.
All I can suggest is to hit the trill as (12)(34)1414 but it seems you've already figured that out XD
Don't psyche yourself out too much, while they are clearly harder than the rest of the file the trills aren't THAT fast.

Last edited by hi19hi19; 03-18-2012 at 07:57 AM..
Closed Thread