Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek
Default Re: Naruto

"Kill THE bad guy."

This differs from

"Kill A bad guy."

Naruto and Inuyasha have one enemy and only one enemy. Orochimaru / Naraku. They never die. EVER. The main character's only goal is to kill that one person for whatever reason. The whole world hates that one person and the main character thinks he can get strong enough to kill him.

Naruto failed already when three of the strongest people in the world failed to kill the guy. Even a 2v1 when the baddie couldn't even use abilities. Sad.

Inuyasha ended already and Naraku is still alive. What.

Now, let's take other examples. DragonBall Z. Grr Vegeta is evil. K I defeated him. Grr Frieza is evil. K I defeated him. Grr Cell is evil. K I defeated him. Grr Buu is evil. K I defeated him.

Bleach. Grr Hollows are evil. K I defeated them. Grr Soul Society is evil. K I "defeated" them. Grr Aizen is evil. Well, we'll see what happens if it ever gets out of filler.

One Piece. Grr Alvida / Morgan / Buggy / Kuro / Krieg / Arlong / Smoker / etc. are evil. K I defeated them.

One Piece does not have the character who takes all the blame for being the ultimate evilest person in the world. DBZ does not have one. Bleach doesn't, but it might go that route. Inuyasha and Naruto do. That's why I hate them.
Squeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-8-2006, 11:45 AM   #22
SethSquall
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to SethSquall

I understand where your coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
"Kill THE bad guy."

Naruto failed already when three of the strongest people in the world failed to kill the guy. Even a 2v1 when the baddie couldn't even use abilities. Sad.
I do agree with you. That was pathetic. I like Naruto and I know that.

Quote:
One Piece does not have the character who takes all the blame for being the ultimate evilest person in the world. DBZ does not have one. Bleach doesn't, but it might go that route. Inuyasha and Naruto do. That's why I hate them.
This ultimately being a matter of opinion, all I can say is in my opinion the fact that there is one bad guy doesn't bother me. Naruto is similar to the other shows you mentioned as well though. There is a main bad guy (not like One piece) but there are other baddies that they face in the similar sort of way to Bleach, DBZ and One Piece. There is ultimately one major bad guy but there are others. Naruto would be more like...."oh noes Demon Brothers..k I beat them....oh noes Haku and Zabuza...K I beat them......oh noes rival ninja's, K i beat them, oh noes Orochimaru...I think I beat him...oh noes Sound five, Working for Orochimaru! K I beat them..." You get the Idea. I do like Naruto but its strange as I find I do agree with you and most things people say about Naruto, although I still like it. I still need to get round to watching One Piece as Naruto is still dishing out filler last time I checked. I haven't looked hard enough though as I can't find the first episode yet.
SethSquall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-8-2006, 05:15 PM   #23
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

In Naruto, once Orochimaru was introduced, he has been the solid final boss ever since. The others are just pawns in the way to getting to the king.

The fact that he's the final target for over 100 episodes is enough to make me lose interest.
Old 10-9-2006, 12:45 AM   #24
KidInDenile
FFR Player

Quote:
In Naruto, once Orochimaru was introduced, he has been the solid final boss ever since. The others are just pawns in the way to getting to the king.

The fact that he's the final target for over 100 episodes is enough to make me lose interest.
Wow for that long i hadnt even noticed. So ur saying that hes still the main bad guy right. I get what ur saying now. Maybe they want a 50 episode battle of Naruto vs Orochimaru.
KidInDenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2006, 12:50 AM   #25
Cj_leonine
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

They should just skip like 12 years into the future and start there because at this rate that's going to be the length of the ****ing filler episodes.

I mean it would be a good show if they got rid of the extra 130+ eps that had nothing to do with anything.

ps. Naruto vs Sasuke round 2. If it doesn't happen I will forever condemn this anime to the bowels of TGB.

Best FC Before Avmiss Fix: . Be Princess . Hellbeat . End Night
Cj_leonine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2006, 01:45 AM   #26
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

CJ, after the filler, they'll go into "TWO YEARS LATER." arc. It's one episode I'm actually willing to see, but I've already read it and it's only interesting to see what happened to everyone OTHER than Naruto during those two years.

After that first episode, it sucks. I read about ten chapters in while I was still reading the most recent chapters and it just started to go downhill in the main story, so that's when I lost interest.

Kid, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they battle hundreds of times for two episodes each, or just huge battles that last dozens of episodes with no outcome. That's the kind of show I see this becoming.
Old 10-9-2006, 05:00 AM   #27
Cj_leonine
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
CJ, after the filler, they'll go into "TWO YEARS LATER." arc. It's one episode I'm actually willing to see, but I've already read it and it's only interesting to see what happened to everyone OTHER than Naruto during those two years.

Kid, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they battle hundreds of times for two episodes each, or just huge battles that last dozens of episodes with no outcome. That's the kind of show I see this becoming.
Oh shi~ I caught one. LOL.

ps. they should have a term for your second paragraph. I recommend DragonBallZ syndrome.

Old 10-9-2006, 08:37 AM   #28
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

i like the show personally. the fight scenes are cool although it does kind of drag on like dragonball Z but nowhere near as bad. it took 3 episodes just for him to release his spirit bomb
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2006, 08:40 AM   #29
Blair940
FFR Player

hi. nice avatar, cj
Blair940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2006, 08:41 AM   #30
Blair940
FFR Player

hi skyfox. how are you?
Blair940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2006, 05:56 PM   #31
Wario7
FFR Player

I like Naruto but I think the Fillers, well there were wayyy to many of them. 20 would have been fine. Not 70+!!! I hope it gets better soon.
Wario7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2006, 06:57 PM   #32
skyfox_
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to skyfox_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair940 View Post
hi skyfox. how are you?
im ok thank you

naruto is named after ramen lol

skyfox_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2006, 07:00 PM   #33
skyfox_
FFR Player

to anyone who dosent like the dub:

Quote:
I HATE when people complain about the Naruto dub.

Haven't you ever seen an anime dub before? Can't you even begin to fathom the depths to which a poorly handled dubbing can sink? Do you not understand the pain of waiting anxiously year upon year to see your favorite anime in english, only to have not only crucial scenes chopped out, but entire arcs and sagas lost to the seas of unneccesary, overzealous editing? Do you not know to count your blessings if the only edits your favorite anime has received is a lousy kiss? Or some minor blood loss? Or a goofy voice here and there? I mean c'mon people! Naruto is like the holy grail of network anime dubs compared to the shaft One Piece was left with.

(BTW, I ain't trying to sucker anyone in here, I'm genuinly upset and trying to stay on subject. Wait, what was the subject again?)

Old 10-10-2006, 06:29 AM   #34
Cj_leonine
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

DUBS SUCK. STFU SKYFOX.
fansubs however, . . .

Old 10-10-2006, 07:11 PM   #35
KidInDenile
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj_leonine View Post
DUBS SUCK. STFU SKYFOX.
fansubs however, . . .
....still pretty suck.
face it any kind of dub sucks .watching Naruto on the internet will be a waste of time, but i still consider watching some other anime cause it will still be watching condition even if it is dubed or something.

Last edited by KidInDenile; 10-10-2006 at 07:16 PM..
Old 10-10-2006, 08:13 PM   #36
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to mead1 Send a message via Skype™ to mead1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidInDenile View Post
I can't spell denial
o i c
mead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 01:48 PM   #37
skyfox_
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj_leonine View Post
DUBS SUCK. STFU SKYFOX.
fansubs however, . . .
hey i didint write it
subs are still better and that will always be no matter what

Old 10-11-2006, 04:14 PM   #38
KidInDenile
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mead1 View Post
i think that KidInDenile is so cool!
Thank you, and heres a quick lesson on what my user name mean or how to say it. Kid In De Nile or Kid In Denile, yes i knows its werid but thats why chose it i am werid.

Well back to topic.
I think that Naruto will end at episode 1000 and i bet they still wouldnt have beat Orochimaru. Yea thats just a prediction, but i bet it is correct.

Last edited by KidInDenile; 10-12-2006 at 04:40 AM..
Old 10-11-2006, 04:37 PM   #39
Tibs
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Tibs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidInDenile View Post
fapfapfapfap
That's it! No more cartoons for you mister!
Tibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:11 PM   #40
YungYung
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to YungYung Send a message via MSN to YungYung

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethSquall View Post
I understand where your coming from.

I do agree with you. That was pathetic. I like Naruto and I know that.

This ultimately being a matter of opinion, all I can say is in my opinion the fact that there is one bad guy doesn't bother me. Naruto is similar to the other shows you mentioned as well though. There is a main bad guy (not like One piece) but there are other baddies that they face in the similar sort of way to Bleach, DBZ and One Piece. There is ultimately one major bad guy but there are others. Naruto would be more like...."oh noes Demon Brothers..k I beat them....oh noes Haku and Zabuza...K I beat them......oh noes rival ninja's, K i beat them, oh noes Orochimaru...I think I beat him...oh noes Sound five, Working for Orochimaru! K I beat them..." You get the Idea. I do like Naruto but its strange as I find I do agree with you and most things people say about Naruto, although I still like it. I still need to get round to watching One Piece as Naruto is still dishing out filler last time I checked. I haven't looked hard enough though as I can't find the first episode yet.

Had Orochimaru been defeated like 50 episodes into the series, it would be a) way too cliche and b) caused the series to become no different than DBZ.

Anyway, Naruto filler arc just ended so I guess it's worth watching now. What I liked about Naruto (especially when compared to Dragon Ball) was how each character had different personalities and abilities, where as everyone in DB was like "OMFG SUPER SAIYAN 1234 MERGEEEEEEE!!!!! KAAAMEEEHAMEEEHAAAAA~". Also because it brings other themes other than just pointless fighting. FIND SASUKEEEEE

I could argue why I find Bleach better than your typical fighting anime aswell but I'm too lazy so I'll save that for tomorrow or something.