Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 04:30 PM   #1
icontrolyourworld
Enjoy life!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default I am truly, fully sorry

Hello dear citizens of ffr, i'd like to make this thread as an apology in regards to the following terrible thing I've said in another thread, that was so abhorant and unwaranted that I offended everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icontrolyourworld View Post
he asked for stamina jumpstream and pattern practice, not casual easy peasy lemon squeezy MA art fart color theory rainbow lownps 8th note string butter clutter stuff that isn't going to push physical and mental boundaries into faster more stamina oriented play

Also if you have not, grab Fullerene shift, dump parade, and hi19 packs. All of which are filled with amazing content, I highly recommend!
I didn't mean for this to be so offensive, I was trying to point out that the OP wanted hard files to play, that's all, but I can see clearly now that I was quite a dick about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
I'm gonna be upfront in that this post really fucking bothers me, because it feels like you're implying "artistic and fun files" cannot "push physical and mental boundaries" but are just mere "casual easy peasy lemon squeezy MA art fart color theory rainbow lownps 8th note string butter clutter stuff."

Now I understand, that probably wasn't your intent, but damn does it strike me the wrong way.

PPS: Hi19's packs are a must. Emerald Sword and Fury of the Storm from pack 1 are great for what you're looking for.
Personally I feel like there hasn't been a pack made that combines both artistic and stamina stuff. Maybe xay's new pack is that, but that's probably the only one. There are oddball files here and there that can be very challenging and artistic but by the simple nature of files getting harder I feel the definition of artistic files fades into dump files. I'm sorry if I came off the wrong way to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioNintendo View Post
I'm actually legit offended by this post, not gonna lie. I'll give up trying to write up an argument about how frustrating that post is, and will just agree with GD by also adding that I managed to get into D5 by playing files I actually have fun playing. I didn't have to subject myself to playing files that are only hard to be hard.

I'll never get behind that mentality. You can step all the generic-ass jumpstream you want, icy. I won't play it, but you won't see me give you shit about it. I'd expect you to do the same to those who try to craft more meaningful simfiles. There's room for both.
By using only FFR and/or D1-D5 files on stepmania you can climb to D5. In the same manner you can climb to D6 by playing D6 files. The OP sounded like he was ready for more hard stuff and I didn't mean to discredit easier files so thoroughly, they are integral to progression for all players.

I may or may not continue to make files, you playing them or not playing them is fine since I make them for myself and other people enjoying them is a bonus. I can also agree that there is room for both the generic and the art files. If anyone limits themself to what they play that's their loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
can you not
Absolutely bmah, I respect you enough not to reply to anyone that is offended. I hope that by dropping everything effective immediately things won't escalate.

Quote:
i'll refrain from perpetuating anything further, thank you all have a good day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
Yall take this arrow tapping stuff 3seriously

Can't we all just jumpstream along ;_;

I mean at the end of the day, ur all casuals for not playing negative reverse -2.0x rate songs using a custom modded backwards scrolling anyways, so...
I agree let's just play to have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMoo_Cowfreak View Post
I like smashing my keyboard both in accurate rhythm but also to mass jumpstream files, idk both are fun. This little rivalry comes up once in awhile and it's just so counterproductive to creativity in our small scene. I'll reiterate what I've said before, both can coexist, and if you don't like one style there is nothing forcing you to play or step in it.
I'll reiterate from earlier in this post, easy files are neccesary and fun and need to exist just as badly as harder files. I agree that they can and should coexist, it's part of the game, and what makes it fun. You are absolutely right also that no one is should stop you from having fun the way you want to have fun.

Quote:
This isn't about play styles; this is about making simfiles and the time and work invested into creating them.

There has always been some kind of stigma against non-JS files, and I was told that it's simply because people can't be bothered to score well on them. It is easier to make measured improvements on straightforward JS files. And as such, those files are quite often what is advertised more by way of posting scores, making packs exclusive to JS, etc.
A lot of work has been put into stepmania content wise.

I feel like there's just as much a stigma against JS files as non JS files, but it doesn't really matter that much, people will play what they want to play. I was a dick to try and deter people from suggesting easier stuff (which I might add are still fun files). I do feel there are equal if not more packs geared towards easier still fun good files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
i honestly thought you were better than this but you're absolutely fucking garbage to me now
I've replied to you in the thread once but I'll do so again here. I'm sorry that you feel this way about me now. However I actually feel terrible knowing that you would throw me to the curb over 1 negative comment, especially since it's not even directed to you and was a mistake I'm willing to admit I made. I'm sorry to have offended you so greatly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
nah, fuck that yo. you would think that someone such as yourself who has years and years of stepmania experience would be not nearly as closeminded as this
I mean, shit, if you had said "yeah that's an older approach to charting and not entirely relevant anymore" then that would be fine I'd agree with you but don't think that just because you're fucking icyworld, you get to talk down on charts

like, c'mon dude, you even went through a phase where you made "casual easy peasy lemon squeezy MA art fart color theory rainbow lownps 8th note string butter clutter stuff"
(this was choof's reply to my willingness to drop the whole thing)
This escalated quickly, and I do have a few things to say about this.
Although I am sorry to have made the comment that I did which wasn't particularly directed towards anyone, I feel like you have some sort of extra beef with me outside of it considering I only said one thing. If you want to insult me, you can go right on ahead, I probably deserve it.
But here's the thing I don't think just because I'm IcyWorld I am any better than anyone here. I do not even think my charts are better than anyone elses, it's subjective and I prefer to play mine more, but I do not think other peoples files are terrible old or new.
Now the fact, as you said, I went through a phase of making easy files should suggest that I'm pretty retarded for making the comment that I did earlier in this thread. Because that is an accurate summation of it. If I could take it back I would, but here I am in the open, willing to admit I was wrong. I can't undo what I said, all I can do is offer my sincerest apology. I want us all to get along just as badly as anyone else, there doesn't have to be toxisity such as what I've so clearly put forth.

Quote:
I'm sorry to have made such terrible comments, I'm clearly in the wrong here. I do not feel easy files are bad, they are integral to progression in the game and should be played by everyone who has the chance to do so especially considering the incredible experience a good amount of them have. If you all feel I'm such a terrible person and would like to exile me, go ahead, I'm happy to have been a part of the community.
This was my initial reply to choof, which while not directed entirely at him but instead everyone that saw my shitpost. I do however feel like I'm probably not welcome on ffr anymore, so again if you all want me gone, I will leave.

Quote:
You're not a terrible person.
MooMoo_Cowfreak said it best: it's really about having all kinds of files coexisting, and not about putting down one type of file for another. I'm not just talking about easy files; I'm referring to any style that has generally received stigma in the past (artsy files, even 6k files in general, and so on).

It's great that the OP wanted some more JS to practice on, and I suppose that is the growing trend. Let those players have at em. There's just no need to do a further disservice to steppers who step other kinds of files. All people are wanting is general tolerance, that's all.
Thank you bmah you're a beacon of light to me, a truly inspiring person. Forgive and forget. I agree with moomoo as well.
I did not mean to do so much illwill to ffr, and can fully agree that that there is no need to put others down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalS3r4ph View Post
Glove's Stepmania Gym Pack (Forget the exact name...)

It's a good thing your opinion doesn't reflect the majority because this is an abhorrent thing to say. Files that require a strong amount of stamina and speed can also be creative.

EDIT: Also like the others said, you could always play these files on higher rates to improve MA and speed further.
You're right in that I am wrong to have said such things. I'm sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonid View Post
wow, icy, just wow
I figured with 1 apology it would be enough but I can see that it is not with this post here. I was completely wrong leonid, and I'm sorry if I offended you too.

All in all, I intend to learn from my mistake and become a better person, not to make toxic shitposts like that in the future. I understand if I crossed a line I should not have, that would make you all hate me no matter what from here on forth. I didn't want this to escalate to the point that it did, I wanted to drop it early on in the thread, but it just keeps going and I feel like a shitty terrible person. I admit fully that I was wrong to degrade easier files with such a deragatory comment, and I honestly at the time didn't intend for it to come off like that. What is done is done, I don't feel welcome here anymore, but I'm happy to have been here for so long, made as many friends as I did, and contribute to a game that I love.
Old 07-21-2016, 04:37 PM   #2
EtienneSM
FFR Player
D8 Godly Keysmasher

Send a message via Skype™ to EtienneSM
Default Re: I am truly, fully sorry

One post that literally made a man make an entire thread about the people he offended over a fucking genre of stepcharts.

Fuck, that's rough.

#StandWithIcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KgZ View Post
enjoy having every guy ask if they can get some love on their weiner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I also like the nps scale. The standard ITG scale for harder files is blown out of proportion and no longer makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
nps is still a better idea for ratings
Quote:
Originally Posted by klimtkiller View Post
there is 1 tip for people going to college. When you're in college, you'll be 16, which is the age where (where i live) you can get laid lawfully. basically, get laid asap when they look the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapta View Post
My logic is that the brain processes in 60 FPS so I play 60 FPS.

Last edited by EtienneSM; 07-21-2016 at 04:38 PM..
Old 07-21-2016, 04:37 PM   #3
Walrusizer
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Walrusizer

#StandWithIcy

#PleaseStopGettingMadThatPeopleDon'tPlayTheGameTheWayYouWantThemToAndInsteadPlayWhatTheyEnjoy

Last edited by Walrusizer; 07-21-2016 at 04:38 PM..
Old 07-21-2016, 04:38 PM   #4
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

#StandWithIcy
Old 07-21-2016, 04:40 PM   #5
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

you're entitled to your opinion though. the wording was a bit fierce but don't expect people not to defend their views. just maybe close the back door with some sarcasm if you're posting something a bit ignorant

I hate dumpstream files for reasons but others love them and that's all there really is to it. I don't think you needed to make a huge thread about it lol.

#itsafuckingkeyboardrhythmgamecalmyotitsnobodycares

Last edited by kommisar; 07-21-2016 at 04:44 PM..
Old 07-21-2016, 04:40 PM   #6
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

icy i was just dicking around cuz drama is fun
fuck I don't even play this game anymore just don't take my words seriously

Proud member of Team No
Old 07-21-2016, 04:41 PM   #7
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

icy x was a good pack

Will you stay now

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Old 07-21-2016, 04:41 PM   #8
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

#StandWithIcy

#800bpmJS

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 07-21-2016 at 04:42 PM..
Old 07-21-2016, 04:45 PM   #9
Elekton
FFR Simfile Author

Fucking hell, stepmania gets too serious at times
Old 07-21-2016, 04:45 PM   #10
Wh1teh
FFR Player

just enjoy game
Old 07-21-2016, 04:46 PM   #11
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Whoa!~?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 07-21-2016, 04:46 PM   #12
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elekton View Post
Fucking hell, stepmania gets too serious at times
without a shred of sarcasm, drama on dumb shit is what gets the most activity on these forums for a dead game

Last edited by kommisar; 07-21-2016 at 04:46 PM..
Old 07-21-2016, 04:46 PM   #13
Xayphon
sausage
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

lmao icy I thought u were jokking, hence why I of all people who might be relevant in terms of artsy charts nowadays after xlm didnt get offended (holy fuck kill me already)

u no me, that ***get who spent 18 hours on a piano file and 8 hours on some bongomania shit that nobody would play more than once in their entire life because it's so god damn teasing

can we just fuck already pls we still got some business left from that nb3 playthrough on smo 5 years ago

Last edited by Xayphon; 07-21-2016 at 04:47 PM..
Old 07-21-2016, 04:47 PM   #14
ferrarizzzz
FFR Player

coming from someone who else got bashed over something dumb don't even worry that much

the amount of criticism you got over really what's a meaningless comment (which may hold some or minor truth but not as little as people make it out to be) shouldn't make you leave the community. you're siiick, i play your packs and files
Old 07-21-2016, 04:47 PM   #15
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

someone called you fucking garbage for that post. just wow lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
wow
Old 07-21-2016, 04:47 PM   #16
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Like this is so over the top I can't tell if you're being ironic here.
No one said you weren't welcome, no one said you should go anywhere.people simply disagreed, told you why they did, then moved on because they figured out it wasn't a big deal. You're the one making this so big.

The fact I said your files were generic doesn't mean I don't respect you as a member of this community. But if you're going to blow up like this and leave over that kind of disagreement, I think you indeed should take some time off to realize that even the sum of all the elitists you quoted doesn't seem to care as much as you about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Old 07-21-2016, 04:47 PM   #17
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

And we goin' on the STEPMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

We goin' on a CRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUISE

Follow ma ARROOOOOOOOOOOWS

Hit 'em and get dat triple AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 07-21-2016, 04:48 PM   #18
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

also dont get cucked into being overly apologetic, everyone has differing opinions, if they dont like it, fuck em.
Old 07-21-2016, 04:50 PM   #19
.Gazelle.
Mr. Skeltal

overreactions: the movie
starring the ffr community

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeKrispyKreme View Post
Rap music is music. However, It's not in the traditional sense of how we understand music. The vocals are filled with slangs that gangs used since the 70s and a lot of the instrumentations are replaced with "Street Sounds" instead of traditional instruments. Music is defined as any combination of sounds that is pleasing to the ear, so while one person may find it as "noise" another person can find it pleasing to the ear and so call "vibe" with it as how I think the kids would say it these days.
Old 07-21-2016, 04:50 PM   #20
AutotelicBrown
Under the scarlet moon

drama lmao

But yeah, this all escalated in a retarded way.
Closed Thread