Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2019, 09:17 AM   #1
AutotelicBrown
Under the scarlet moon
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Autotelic Files and Packs - General Information

Hello everyone, it is me again bringing some autotelic stepartistry.

If you just want my files and are not interested in the lengthy part about my planned packs, just check this handy spreadsheet where my complete files, both released and unreleased, are listed in chronological order. I am always rechecking my unreleased files so any of them can change at any time before the official release in a pack (though the information in the Comments column of the spreadsheet should give you a hint on what to expect).

Regarding the actual upcoming packs, in contrast to my previously released pack, I am not focusing practice-oriented files this time around. This is a reflex of me not playing for improvement anymore, and should make things interesting for a larger player base. Also no dumps; I recognize their aesthetic potential but at this time I am not interested in working with those.

Here is a brief description for each of my future packs, including their status and banners (thanks cbr for those):

Pack directed at lower level and accuracy oriented players. Secondary goal is to cover music that would otherwise be under-represented outside of dumps.

Charts should be easy by virtue of the best possible representation of the selected song, not due to underlayering (e.g. not a low level file for freedom dive).

Loose difficulty guideline is up to 15 on Etterna and VC on FFR, expecting most files to fall into the Etterna 9~12 range.

Yes. Exclusively TV Size anime OPs and EDs (note that for the sake of sound quality, in some cases an edited version of the full size version will be used, as long as it falls under 2 minutes length).

Also targeted at lower level and accuracy oriented players though there are no difficulty restrictions if a given song warrants a harder file.

Currently I'm mainly focusing on things I have watched or rewatched recently (refer to my anime list), but I'm more than open to suggestions of what to step.

Pretty much any interesting file that does not fall into the other two packs. Focus on variety over all aspects of stepartistry (e.g. song choice, patterns, gimmicks, etc).

My plan is to have at least 30 files for each pack, probably more for Autotelic Anime. As you would expect, this is a massive undertaking and my tentative goal is having them finished file-wise by the end of 2020, releasing once I get all the necessary gfx.

As the packs' names imply, they are focused on my own [Autotelic] files. That being said, I do want to include some guest submissions so let me know if you are interested and we can work out the details.

Update (09/25/2020): With the progression thus far and 2020 nearing its end, the current plan is the following: Intro and Meta will be prioritized and both should have 30+ files of my own by January next year, after that I'll be focusing on guest submissions which will be open until the end of March. Then, release should happen once all review work and gfx are done which I expect to be on July at the latest. Anime will be on hold until Intro and Meta are released.

Update (09/16/2021): A bit later than I originally planned but both Intro and Meta ended up a bit bigger than originally planned (which is great!). Currently wrapping up things and hoping to officially release by the end of this year.

I intend to make gfx myself this time around but any help is appreciated given the big number of files I'm aiming for. Refer to the spreadsheet for what needs gfx and just ask if you want any reference of what I expect for a given set. Check files with gfx done by myself (in this thread or through the spreadsheet) for a reference of what I'm expecting in terms of quality.

For anything related to the pack you can post in this thread or message me on discord (Alice#7060). I will try to respond as promptly as possible.

Thanks for your time,
-Alice

Last edited by AutotelicBrown; 12-27-2021 at 02:43 AM..
AutotelicBrown is offline   Reply With Quote