Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files

Old 06-8-2013, 10:10 PM   #161
shenjoku
Wubalubadubdub
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Stepping Stones of Stepmania (Submissions Open!)

Thanks for the review, Fission. Lots of helpful stuff that I just glazed over I guess. A few things I'm unclear of though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionMailed1 View Post
@ 57.584 and 63.715 - missing note
Not sure what you mean about these. I don't hear anything.

Quote:
@ 76.416 - try to pattern this jumpglut so everything is descending, it will make more sense with the music imo
I tried that the first time I worked on that section and it felt really weird. I'm not sure how to pattern it so it doesn't feel horrible to play. Are you suggesting something like [34][23][12] repeating twice? or something else?

Quote:
@ 199.482 - what are these jumps being layered to? no matter what you are layering it to, whether it is the percussion or vocals, you have a jump too many or missing a jump
The stream is following the harpsichord-like sound and the jumps are following the recorder.
Old 06-8-2013, 10:22 PM   #162
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to FissionMailed1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenjoku View Post
Not sure what you mean about these. I don't hear anything.
You stepped these two spots on Oni, but omitted them on Heavy. I just don't know why chose not to step them on Heavy, that's all. It isn't a big deal how it is, just thought I would let you know.

Quote:
I tried that the first time I worked on that section and it felt really weird. I'm not sure how to pattern it so it doesn't feel horrible to play. Are you suggesting something like [34][23][12] repeating twice? or something else?
Yes, something like that. I would do that pattern first, and then change it up to [24][23][13] or something similar since it isn't the same notes on the second half of this glut. The thing about jump glut patterning is to make sure you have as few of mini jacks as possible.

Quote:
The stream is following the harpsichord-like sound and the jumps are following the recorder.
Oh, ok. I hear it now. That makes a lot more sense now. I guess it isn't wrong, just not how I would have done it, that's all. Overall, it's a pretty cool file, so nice job

EDIT: My Mirror Mirror review is posted.

YOUR THROBBING MULTIFARIOUS LUSTFUL DESIRES ARE COMPLETED N YOUR HYPER-ORANGE SELF, YOU MAKE ME LOVE AGAIN, YOU'VE CHANGED MY HEART, MY MELANCHOLIA DISAPPEARS WHEN YOU ARE INSIDE OF ME, MY HUMAN RAGE IS TEMPERED WHEN I AM INSIDE YOU, THE SECRET IS COMMUNICATION, LONGEVITY, STAMINA, REPETITION, FURY, SOULFUL KISSING, EARPLUGS. YOU FUCKING CORPORATE COCKS AND CUNTS.

MY ANXIETY COMPLETE, MY DESIRE REPLETE, THE TASTE OF ORANGE BLOOD AND CUM AND GREENBACKS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE. THE STREETS WILL RUN ORANGE WITH YOUR MIXTURE OF CHEETOS AND HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS REGURGITATED AND EATEN AND SHIT OUT AGAIN AND EATEN AGAIN.

YOU ARE MY SCULPTURE, MY SCULPTRA, MY SELF-DEFINITION. MY DEFINITION OF HUMANITY, MY HARMONY. MY HEART AND MY MIND.

YOU ARE SO ORANGE. SO CRUNCHY. SO CONSUMABLE.

THE NEW ORANGE UNDERGROUND IS THE ORANGE UP MY ASS. AND YOUR ASS.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.

Last edited by FissionMailed1; 06-8-2013 at 10:24 PM..
FissionMailed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2013, 11:06 PM   #163
skorpion9x
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to skorpion9x

Sent one.
skorpion9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2013, 11:10 PM   #164
rCaliberGX
D7 Elite Keymasher
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Quadbait Pack submissions

Quote:
Mirror Mirror - Oni
@ many sections of your chart - when this kind of color note usage starts to happen starts to happen, it's better to increase or decrease the bpm to compensate for it. nothing changes in the song to warrant the use of 192nds and 64s, so quantize them to 4ths and 8ths instead
I agree. I did the BPM syncing in the SM editor, and synced the actual notes in DDReam, but left the BPM alone. I'll go in DDReam and fix this ASAP.

Quote:
@ 17.715 - i would modify this to use a different pattern to compensate there being 5 notes that ascend instead of 4. for example, use 13234 instead of 12342. after that, you can make the next 3 notes 234 and the corresponding pitches will match a lot better
Agreed. On my laptop (have SM on desktop and laptop) I made the pattern 21234, which I think suits it better than 12342.
Quote:
@ 34.828 - this freeze is ambiguous. you have freezes for the vocals, but now you have one for a piano sustain. make sure you are using freezes consistently, or else your chart will get really cluttered
Agreed, but when I initially heard it, the vocals go up by 6 notes, and I changed that to 21234 also to compensate.
Quote:
@ 35.695 - you should make this 2 because it is the same pitch as the piano note before it
Agreed.
Quote:
@ 38.227 - not sure why this is a double freeze. the vocals just increase in volume, the aren't harmonized with anything. if it is for the piano, again, ambiguous use of freezes. i don't know why the freeze on 1 lasts for so long either, the vocal note dies out a full beat for this
The freeze on 4 was for the piano, and initially I felt the sustain was long enough to warrant it being a freeze, but after playing some piano files (Karmafied) I agree with you. I noticed the 1 freeze being a bit long about half an hour I sent it, and it's already fixed.
Quote:
@ 89.027-96.116 - you might want to slow this down and listen to it again. quite a few misrhythms and phantom notes
Yeah, this one was a bit of a pain to step. There are a lot of sounds going on, and I did the best I could. The minijacks go to the snare rolls and jump are supposed to go to the bass drums, but they are terribly synced. The Light chart does a better job of interpreting this, but it's still not perfect. I'll do what I can.
Quote:
@ 147.617 - missing 16th note and 8th note that shouldn't be a hand
I removed the 8th hand, but the missing 16th note is because the song changes and the string rise becomes the melody. I'm surprised you didn't cite 76.29s because that does the same thing.

Thanks for the help, I'm making these changes right now. I'll send the revised version once I'm done.

Last edited by rCaliberGX; 06-8-2013 at 11:18 PM..
rCaliberGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-8-2013, 11:25 PM   #165
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Default Re: Quadbait Pack submissions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rCaliberGX View Post
I removed the 8th hand, but the missing 16th note is because the song changes and the string rise becomes the melody. I'm surprised you didn't cite 76.29s because that does the same thing.
TBH, I started to skim through some of the hand stream because it all looked ok from a high level view and probably missed some things because of it I understand why you did it now, though.

YOUR THROBBING MULTIFARIOUS LUSTFUL DESIRES ARE COMPLETED N YOUR HYPER-ORANGE SELF, YOU MAKE ME LOVE AGAIN, YOU'VE CHANGED MY HEART, MY MELANCHOLIA DISAPPEARS WHEN YOU ARE INSIDE OF ME, MY HUMAN RAGE IS TEMPERED WHEN I AM INSIDE YOU, THE SECRET IS COMMUNICATION, LONGEVITY, STAMINA, REPETITION, FURY, SOULFUL KISSING, EARPLUGS. YOU FUCKING CORPORATE COCKS AND CUNTS.

MY ANXIETY COMPLETE, MY DESIRE REPLETE, THE TASTE OF ORANGE BLOOD AND CUM AND GREENBACKS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE. THE STREETS WILL RUN ORANGE WITH YOUR MIXTURE OF CHEETOS AND HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLS REGURGITATED AND EATEN AND SHIT OUT AGAIN AND EATEN AGAIN.

YOU ARE MY SCULPTURE, MY SCULPTRA, MY SELF-DEFINITION. MY DEFINITION OF HUMANITY, MY HARMONY. MY HEART AND MY MIND.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.
Old 06-9-2013, 12:02 AM   #166
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by skorpion9x View Post
Sent one.
So happy to see one from you, skor!
Old 06-9-2013, 12:35 AM   #167
skorpion9x
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to skorpion9x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollocephalus View Post
So happy to see one from you, skor!
I hope you'll like it better than my ODI3 song lol.
skorpion9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2013, 01:07 AM   #168
shenjoku
Wubalubadubdub
FFR Veteran

Quote:
You stepped these two spots on Oni, but omitted them on Heavy. I just don't know why chose not to step them on Heavy, that's all. It isn't a big deal how it is, just thought I would let you know.
Oh, right. That's because in oni I layered on all of the main drum beats, which are every quarter note. The heavy chart is just following the main synth the whole time pretty.

Quote:
Yes, something like that. I would do that pattern first, and then change it up to [24][23][13] or something similar since it isn't the same notes on the second half of this glut. The thing about jump glut patterning is to make sure you have as few of mini jacks as possible.
That's the main thing I couldn't figure out: how to make it interesting without having a bunch of annoying mini jacks. I'll try to look at it a bit more closely and see if I can figure something out.
Old 06-9-2013, 01:25 AM   #169
rCaliberGX
D7 Elite Keymasher

Resubmitted Mirror Mirror with minor adjustments (thanks Fission!)
rCaliberGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2013, 01:31 AM   #170
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

You're welcome!

I'll get around to writing some more reviews tomorrow. I'm just trying to write reviews for files nobody else has reviews for yet (i.e. the new files coming in).

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.
Old 06-9-2013, 01:59 AM   #171
shenjoku
Wubalubadubdub
FFR Veteran

Ditto on the resubmission. Thanks for the feedback Was really helpful.
Old 06-9-2013, 02:52 PM   #172
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

So...any more reviews? Remember that I can edit the first post to put in more reviews.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2013, 03:24 PM   #173
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Oh, yeah, I should probably write a few more today.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.
Old 06-9-2013, 03:37 PM   #174
mi40

keep sending shit in

3 hrs til flight and my whole body is dead from sleep depriv & moving apts for like 5 days

ill review everythn in 2 days
Old 06-9-2013, 03:45 PM   #175
xVaLoRx
MYFUCKINGSOUND
FFR Veteran

just sent another file, 5ive star revisions will come eventually
Old 06-9-2013, 08:24 PM   #176
rparty89
FFR Player

so, reviews?
Old 06-9-2013, 08:28 PM   #177
FissionMailed1
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi40 View Post
ill review everythn in 2 days
Read please.

I LOVE YOU CHEETOS.
Old 06-9-2013, 08:39 PM   #178
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

you reviewed 4 charts

there are more than 4 submissions

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
stargroup100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-9-2013, 08:40 PM   #179
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup100 View Post
you reviewed 4 charts

there are more than 4 submissions
Anaru has to edit his post to put up new reviews.

Or bmah can edit his post.
Old 06-9-2013, 08:41 PM   #180
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

As I said before, if you guys have reviews, you don't have to wait for him to put it up. I can edit them in. I wonder if Mollo has any more.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote