Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Writing and Literature
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2006, 03:31 AM   #1
tru0001
FFR Player

Red face DDR all the way...

Rita Somosuke (so-moss-ke (e in egg)) watched as two players grasped on a bar behind them moving their feet on four pads two horizontal and two vertical their feet moved as if they were like the speed of light. For Elise was playing on the machine but in a remix version. The background was blue with pink words Speed Over Beethoven. She was the only one watching no one paid attention to the Dance Dance Revolution Machine. She placed her hand in her pocket and felt two dollars jingling inside. It was crazy for her to play this machine when she hasn’t even played it before. She was shaking her legs felt like Jelly. The two dancers walked off the machine it was her chance… her chance to play the game she breathed in rubbing her hands and walked to the machine she was shaking like her oral for her year 6 gradutaion.

She wasn’t the first in her family to play DDR more than a thousand years ago her ancestor Reno was put into a challenge “Reno… this is called pad-keep up. The arrow we show you mush press on that arrow as quickly as you can,” said the judge. “This is the three arrow challenge… NUMBER ONE,” the Judge lifted a stone with points up. Reno pressed up. The next arrow was down Reno pressed down and the last one was two stones left and right.
“How can I do this?” Reno jumped and pressed both East and West buttons.

Rita inserted her two dollar coin hearing a sound from the machine. The machine told her to press a green button she did. She played one player beginner and chose the song Butterfly “Aye Aye Aye….” The machine sang Rita press a pad but missed the machine showed a red miss. Rita accomplished the song Butterfly with seven misses. She then played Speed Over Beethoven and Dive which was fun. Rita got out from the machine with joy “One day I will play with you again,” she whispered.

Next chapter coming up: Rita arrives at her school (after eagerly buying her game for the PS2) telling her friends about DDR but no one is interested, saying it is a lame game. Should Rita think about quitting DDR since of everyone saying it was ‘old fashioned’ or should she just play it anyway?

Reno's chapter is deleted....

Last edited by tru0001; 03-22-2006 at 11:13 PM..
tru0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 08:53 AM   #2
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lightknight924
Default Re: DDR all the way...

Story of everyone who goes to FFR.
Lightknight924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 09:30 AM   #3
Snapps
NO DOUBT GET LOUD
FFR Simfile Author

wow this is da bomb
Snapps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 03:30 PM   #4
Abhorsen768
FFR Player

Lightbulb Re: DDR all the way...

It was pretty cool. But I couldn't really feel the emotions from the story. (That's why I love reading and writing so much.) You may want to add how she felt during the music. Like for example when I first played I couldn't stop laughing because it was both fun but pretty embarrassing because I was so terrible at it. Something like that maybe?
Abhorsen768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 12:40 AM   #5
tru0001
FFR Player

thanks i'm in the process of the new chapter... I'll spill something... someone has Cancer...!!!
Old 03-19-2006, 12:41 AM   #6
terence1357
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to terence1357

Change your signature.
Old 03-19-2006, 11:22 AM   #7
esupin
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to esupin

Eh. You should try reading this out loud.
While Reno’s life is at stake when he is put to the Pad keep up challenge which is harder than ever before.
The two dancers walked off the machine it was her chance… her chance to play the game she breathed in and walked to the machine “This is my chance,”

This better not be an inside joke or something.

http://www.youtube.com/esupin
esupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 01:36 PM   #8
Abhorsen768
FFR Player

While Reno’s life is at stake when he is put to the Pad keep up challenge which is harder than ever before.
w0w that was hard to say aloud. I had to read it like 7 times. (not kidding.)Man I didn't notice it before, gotta pay more attention.

Well I'm off to make some milkshakes. (yum!)
Abhorsen768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 05:26 PM   #9
tru0001
FFR Player

Just noticed that too... gotta change the blurb!!!

Last edited by tru0001; 03-19-2006 at 05:29 PM..
Old 03-22-2006, 11:25 PM   #10
tru0001
FFR Player

Rita couldn’t wait to get home from the arcade “Can’t wait can’t wait…” she whispered she ran like the wind meeting up with her older brother Tomaka
“What’s up squirt…” said Tomaka
“Oh nothing… just played DDR,” said Rita
“That game? Oh I played that game ages ago…” Tomaka paused for a moment “Mother… she doesn’t have gastric. The doctor said that she has cancer and it is she will die in about 2 weeks if he doesn’t receive more than 70,000 dollars,” Rita was shocked, her mother fainted three days ago and she thought it must have been gastric or just a disease.
“Mum… she’s going to die?” Rita cried out “No… the doctors are wrong… they’re always wrong!” Rita’s eyes were filled with tears. She was afraid of what’s going to happen if her mother dies. Her mother will not attend her graduation or see her own daughter grow to a beautiful lady. Rita ran back to the arcade sobbing all the way. “Mother,” she cried softly. A teenage girl noticed that she was crying concerned on what happened the teenage girl ran up to Rita who was sitting next to the DDR machine.
“Hey… what’s wrong?” asked the girl “What happened?” the girl knelt down. Rita told the girl that her mother had cancer and she was going to die “Oh… I’m sorry to hear that, how about this we’ll play DDR together,” Rita smiled and nodded “My name is Yuri Tsumaki,” Yuri pulled Rita up and they walked to the DDR machine pads while Rita was wiping her tears.
“But I’m not an expert or anything,” said Rita “I just played a few minutes ago,”
“AH! So you’re a beginner… I know how it feels to be a beginner,” said Yuri “Here… I’ll let you play on Light,” Yuri inserted four dollars into the machine and chose everything for Rita. Yuri and Rita played Love Love Shine. Rita was so busy watching Yuri’s speedy legs to pay attention to the screen gaining more than 9 misses, they then played Tears which Rita paid attention to they then played some other songs which Rita picked making Rita very happy. They finally finished the game. They both walked out of the machine
“Ok… thanks I better run back home don’t want to make my dad worried sick as well,” said Rita smiling very brightly. Rita arrived home at 4pm smiling brightly “Hi dad… hey Tomoka,” Rita said. Something attracted her, a large box with a dance mat and a PS2 game was on the table she walked slowly like a zombie brainwashed by a cardboard box.
“Hey squirt… I bought you the game,” said Tomoka. Rita slowly opened the box her eyes glowed like a diamonds “Plug it in the PS2 now if you are too excited to play,” Rita grabbed the dance mat and the game excited to play Dance Dance Revolution FULL Mix (Game I made up). Rita reached to her bedroom turned on the TV. She flattened the dance mat and inserted it to the Playstation 2 also inserted the disk leaving her brother’s SNK disk in a case.
“Are you ready?” asked the announcer. Rita stood on the dance mat practising the game nearly two hours her legs nearly danced of her body.
Rita arrived at Tamagawa Minami High with her best friend Rei Kimozuki talking about DDR “Oh… that game… I grew out of it,” said Rei “It is like nearly a decade when it first came out,” Rita’s eyes opened wide she didn’t even know that it came out that long she walked to her other friends who had English names Elizabeth, Jenny and Joanne
“Hi,” said Elizabeth "How are you Rita?"
“Oh I’m great,” said Rita. She was talking about how she was playing DDR
“DDR… that’s so old and so babyish,” said Jenny. Joanne and Elizabeth were imitating the Butterfly song. Rita felt uncomfortable and ran into the restrooms.
Chapter 3: She comes out of the restrooms hearing that there will be a DDR competition and a lot of cash if you win. What will Rita do with the money? Rita finds out her mother is dying from the cancer deciding that that money is worth for her mother’s surgery.
Old 03-23-2006, 03:55 PM   #11
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

mead has decided that this story is so good, it deserves an audio version! mead did the first part, and I did the second. mead's part is somewhat aggressive, while mine stays soft and audio-story-like, true to the original's grammar.

PART 1: http://rapidshare.de/files/16256672/DDR_.mp3.html

PART 2: http://rapidshare.de/files/16256390/...ART_2.mp3.html

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
nforcer06164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 05:02 PM   #12
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

This is the best. EVER.
Omeganitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 06:16 PM   #13
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

wait wait wait hold on

ok so

let me guess

chapter 3

rita wins da competition

and she wins $70,000

omg big bux

but she's still unsatisfied with her life because her friends make fun of her and because Butterfly is obscenely gay

so she makes love to the machine

am i rite or am i rite
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:36 PM   #14
tru0001
FFR Player

This will make you wonder.
-Why is everyone in Japan while they are using the AUS Dollar?
-Why is Tamagawa in this Story is that Sakura Kaugano's school
-Why are they speaking English
-Why are Joanne, Jenny and Elizabeth have English names not Japanese Names.... think of reasons
Old 03-23-2006, 09:32 PM   #15
tru0001
FFR Player

Wow!!! I listened to my own story!!!!! BTW I am beggining the Sequel called DDRX... it's funny how I AM DOING ONE WHEN i HAVEN'T FINISHED THIS ONE!

Last edited by tru0001; 03-23-2006 at 09:52 PM..
Old 03-24-2006, 01:05 AM   #16
sleeplessdragn
~Bang that beat Harder~
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

I have to ask, nforcer, how many times did you or mead have to redo the audios, due to laughing?
Old 03-24-2006, 11:11 AM   #17
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeplessdragn
I have to ask, nforcer, how many times did you or mead have to redo the audios, due to laughing?
I know mead redid parts of his a few times. But I had to do mine over twice, because I had to pause and record over in several parts, but instead of recording over my previous, it mixed.

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
nforcer06164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 11:16 AM   #18
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru0001
Wow!!! I listened to my own story!!!!! BTW I am beggining the Sequel called DDRX... it's funny how I AM DOING ONE WHEN i HAVEN'T FINISHED THIS ONE!
Does it involve the NEXT GENERATION OF SHAMELESS DDR PLAYERS FIGHTING AGAINST SOCIETY FOR ACCEPTANCE?!

Oh man, now I'm really psyched.

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:17 PM   #19
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to mead1 Send a message via Skype™ to mead1

Actually, Mine is one take straight. Or atleast the story is. Any side comments were added in afterwards.

Make more please.
mead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 04:56 PM   #20
sleeplessdragn
~Bang that beat Harder~
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

http://sdcc21.ucsd.edu/~jyu/DDR__PART_2%20godstyle.mp3

This randomly appeared on my desktop somehow. I think it's a sign.