Old 04-5-2012, 01:00 AM   #181
Mau5
FFR Player

Default Re: The FFR Profile Shop V2

My pattern

Your pattern

Both seamless simple patterns in which the only real function is to make the page long enough it doesn't repeat..
I'm failing to see what major flaw/difference mine has compared to yours haha

Other than maybe the fact that i used different seamless patterns to highlight under the text, which entirely different

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
It's great to see how the internet works, it's mask of anonymity bringing out the worst in people.
Mau5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-5-2012, 01:00 AM   #182
RuGuru
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to RuGuru Send a message via MSN to RuGuru Send a message via Skype™ to RuGuru

Oh my god...forget it.
RuGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-5-2012, 01:01 AM   #183
Mau5
FFR Player

No problem at all haha

Quote:
It's great to see how the internet works, it's mask of anonymity bringing out the worst in people.
Old 04-5-2012, 08:05 AM   #184
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

I don't think he used a gradient... It would look different. That character does LOOK like part of the background, but I don't think it is.
Cold Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-5-2012, 03:34 PM   #185
RuGuru
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to RuGuru Send a message via MSN to RuGuru Send a message via Skype™ to RuGuru

Okay, it is a new day and I wanted to retackle my point again.

Here is the actual image. I didn't find this, but a friend did for me. He claims he got it off of Osu. If you look at the background of his profile, it's the same image with a gradient coming from the bottom of the default template (Emithith's I believe since it's open to everyone) to the image itself. (I'm assuming he used a eye drop tool to get a shade of blue that isn't too far off from the image, but I could be wrong) This alleviates the problem from the image repeating itself if he had uploaded just the image to the background of the FFR Profile Editor. That was my only point I was trying to make. It had nothing to do with patterns.
I don't know if that would be necessarily something someone would pay credits for since he ripped the background from somewhere else;however, like I said earlier in the thread, it is his work and I don't have a problem with that.

So my question is, do you still want to open a shop Mau5?

Last edited by RuGuru; 04-5-2012 at 03:42 PM..
Old 04-5-2012, 04:32 PM   #186
Sephiroth28
Snake Princess
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth28 View Post
Looking to get a profile of Balmung from the original .hack. That would be sweet and of course i'm willing to pay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuGuru View Post
I'd be willing to help you out. I'm currently working on a profile for someone at the moment; when I'm done, I can focus on your request.
So now that your back it would be great if we could work something out.
Old 04-5-2012, 04:34 PM   #187
RuGuru
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth28 View Post
So now that your back it would be great if we could work something out.
PM me with more details on your request please.
Old 04-5-2012, 07:26 PM   #188
Mau5
FFR Player

Quote:
Okay, it is a new day and I wanted to retackle my point again.

Here is the actual image. I didn't find this, but a friend did for me. He claims he got it off of Osu. If you look at the background of his profile, it's the same image with a gradient coming from the bottom of the default template (Emithith's I believe since it's open to everyone) to the image itself.
Next time i'll crop them into a different beach then.
I go back to "it's easy to threshold a character into a scene you like, but if you find a picture that already has those characteristics, woopie"
Quote:
This alleviates the problem from the image repeating itself if he had uploaded just the image to the background of the FFR Profile Editor.
Elaborate the alternative
Quote:
I don't know if that would be necessarily something someone would pay credits for since he ripped the background from somewhere else.
As stated before, i've never asked for credits before. I do it for free unless someone insists on naming a price.
Quote:
So my question is, do you still want to open a shop Mau5?
Forget it, i'd rather not get any more involved in this thread, i have friends requesting themes and that's fine enough for me

Thanks anyways I suppose.

Quote:
Old 04-5-2012, 07:39 PM   #189
RuGuru
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mau5 View Post
Next time i'll crop them into a different beach then.
You're not doing me a favor.
Quote:
Elaborate the alternative
I think I've said enough.
Quote:
Thanks anyways I suppose.
You're welcome.
Old 04-5-2012, 07:39 PM   #190
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I have to give it to Mau5 that if the background image for the characters works great for a profile, then there isn't a need to change it if one doesn't want to. Sure it's taking the lazy way out but there's no need to put extra, unneeded effort. As for the gradient, I'm sure it's just for the sole purpose of not having a nasty "cutoff" at the bottom of the image. Sure, you can say he took the lazy way out, but I have the say the profile looks pretty decent. I'm not trying to take sides or anything, just playing a little devil's advocate...

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
reuben_tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-5-2012, 07:41 PM   #191
Mau5
FFR Player

Quote:
I think I've said enough.

Haha honestly for my own self benefit i'm curious, and not like a negative retaliation, i'd just like to know the alternative to what you claimed so that i can explore this new idea

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
Sure it's taking the lazy way out but there's no need to put extra, unneeded effort.
Exactly my point especially with the possibility of the new product being less pleasing to the eye than the original. Why put in extra effort for something to look worse.

Quote:

Last edited by Mau5; 04-5-2012 at 07:43 PM..
Old 04-5-2012, 07:43 PM   #192
RuGuru
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Haha honestly for my own self benefit i'm curious, and not like a negative retaliation, i'd just like to know the alternative to what you claimed so that i can explore this new idea
I'm making a Photoshop tutorial thread very soon. I'm going to allow other profile artist to show various techniques to getting certain effects done; plus, make profile making much easier for people. So I guess in the meantime, you can wait and take a look when we get tutorials put into the thread.
Old 04-5-2012, 07:46 PM   #193
Mau5
FFR Player

Quote:
I'm making a Photoshop tutorial thread very soon. I'm going to allow other profile artist to show various techniques to getting certain effects done; plus, make profile making much easier for people. So I guess in the meantime, you can wait and take a look when we get tutorials put into the thread.
Can't wait

Quote:
Old 04-5-2012, 07:50 PM   #194
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Exactly my point especially with the possibility of the new product being less pleasing to the eye than the original. Why put in extra effort for something to look worse.
Sometimes that happens. Sometimes I'll spend countless amount of time trying to "spice" something up, when I end up concluding that what I originally had was good in the first place. Although, it never hurts to try and experiment with things, sometimes you'll go from things looking "ok" to "omg what is this amazing-ness?! :O"

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
reuben_tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-5-2012, 07:54 PM   #195
RuGuru
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
Although, it never hurts to try and experiment with things, sometimes you'll go from things looking "ok" to "omg what is this amazing-ness?! :O"
Trying new things with Photoshop is one of the best ways to get better with Photoshop. It helps familiarizes you with the program itself and allows you to be a bit more creative. There is only so much creativeness from following tutorials step by step.
Old 04-5-2012, 08:59 PM   #196
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

...alright. I think I'm pretty well done here.

Closing my profile shop permanently. Just completely delete it from the list, please and thank you. Feel free to put me under independent artists if you feel so inclined though.
Old 04-5-2012, 09:31 PM   #197
RuGuru
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Kitten View Post
...alright. I think I'm pretty well done here.

Closing my profile shop permanently. Just completely delete it from the list, please and thank you. Feel free to put me under independent artists if you feel so inclined though.
Any particular reason why you're leaving? And alright, I'll update and move you.
Old 04-5-2012, 09:36 PM   #198
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

I'm kind of over this thread, and FFR in general. I have people asking for them on the side anyway, so that's enough for me. I see no reason to stay here, pretty much. There are more talented artists than I making profiles for people, and that's plenty for me to see that it's time for me to be done with them for the most part.
Old 04-5-2012, 09:39 PM   #199
RuGuru
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Kitten View Post
I'm kind of over this thread, and FFR in general. I have people asking for them on the side anyway, so that's enough for me. I see no reason to stay here, pretty much. There are more talented artists than I making profiles for people, and that's plenty for me to see that it's time for me to be done with them for the most part.
I'd hate to see you go. You've made some good profiles, and I admire your work. But if you're leaving I'll do what you want.
Old 04-5-2012, 09:41 PM   #200
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I'd hate to see you go. You've made some good profiles, and I admire your work. But if you're leaving I'll do what you want.
I'll still be around and if anyone asks, feel free to refer them to me. But I don't want to be an actual part of this shop much anymore.