Old 02-21-2013, 05:57 PM   #461
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Default Re: Atheism/Theism thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by star reaper View Post
How has it been debunked? what evidence do you have to say that without a doubt?

http://www.talkorigins.org/origins/faqs-flood.html

As you can see, there's a lot.

Pretty clear-cut.

Last edited by Reincarnate; 02-21-2013 at 06:01 PM..
Old 02-21-2013, 05:58 PM   #462
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I can't take the misconstruing of definitions anymore. Enjoy waiting for afterlife.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #463
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTrixX View Post
That's what makes this such an interesting challenge. Remember, an atheist initiated this thread. How bias would it be to only hear the input of other atheists/agnostics? Do I annoy certain impatient atheists because i fail to explain my faith to them with science? What if I told you my faith IS a science? What if I told you my faith is a science in which you do not comprehend because you chose not to? I know God exists. Where's the evidence? The evidence is inside me and all around me. I sense the presence of God with my heart, mind, and soul. It is a sense that is above and beyond logic and reason. People who do not believe in god, do not understand God. They don't know God. I can not explain God to someone who is chosing not to understand God.
That's not evidence. It's only a matter of what you feel. You do not understand what evidence means, evidently.

Quote:
But in all these posts I haven't read not one reason why someone doesn't believe in God except to say that he doesn't believe he exists because I can't prove he exists. While on the other hand, I have gave countless reasons why I believe by qouting many passages from the Bible to explain them. And so an atheist would say, "How do you know the Bible is an accurate source? Can you prove it to me? Again, using the same argument that something is not credible because it can not be proven. Years ago when the vast majority of the world believed the earth was flat, there were the few that said the earth is not flat, it is round. The people said no! You are wrong/crazy/ridiculous/stupid, the earth is definately flat. Can you prove to me that it's round? At the time it was not proven to the world that it was round, that is why everyone believed it was flat. But what happened? The world eventually found out that they were wrong, and the earth was round.
Good job using the worst possible example. The people who discovered the earth was round, they did it through experience. An experience that anyone can share and always get the same result. You can't do that with any god. You are not the daring who supports a revolutionary idea which will one day be confirmed. You're the one who keeps an old and outdated idea which has been around since forever, and which has never been confirmed by anything we've discovered. On the contrary, it gets weaker and weaker with any new thing we understand about the universe.

Quote:
On the other hand, do any of you atheists reading this have any children? Are you close with your parents? Do you love them? If so, are your parents atheists as well?

The reason I ask these questions is because when you can understand the love a parent has for his/her child, you bring yourself closer to God and have a better understanding of why God does exist. If you're not a parent, you are not going to experience or understand this feeling first hand. Eventually you all will come to find out for yourselves that God does exist, it's only a matter of time. I love you all, so I hope you do so sooner rather then later.
This argument again. UGH. The feeling of being close with someone is unrelated to god. The intensity of love you can feel has nothing to do with your supposed spiritual thickness. Being a parent, having a deep bond with the life you have created does not get you in contact with god. It makes you feel what you already have inside. Stop using this denigratory argument. You are not enlightened. You are not morally above anyone else just because you believe in a mythological imaginary friend.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:01 PM   #464
customstuff
♥C.S. + A.M.♥
FFR Veteran

An Atheist starting the thread doesn't create a bias when he doesn't even state his opinion in the OP. The only reason this thread seems biased is because people that enjoy to discuss the evidence for God existing or not existing tend to be more logical thinkers, which in turn tend to be Atheists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 View Post
Placements are final, custom will not be moved to D6, just because he is good at jacks, and mediocre at just about every other FMO in the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by customstuff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 View Post
welcome to D6

start playing
Old 02-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #465
gnr61
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to gnr61

Quote:
Originally Posted by star reaper View Post
ah. this. i uh.............. i see.

normally i try not to sound too dismissive, but dude. that's a fucking creationist apologetics lobby lmao. it's the definition of propaganda, if you think it's a credible source of scientific information then...

man i need to not get sucked into these things
Old 02-21-2013, 06:07 PM   #466
gnr61
FFR Simfile Author

YOUR SCIENCE IS NOT BETTER THAN MY SCIENCE. ALL THE OTHER SCIENTISTS AND EVERYONE WHO'S EVER REPUTABLY STUDIED ANYTHING IS IN ON A CONSPIRACY TO DISPROVE GOD AND THAT'S WHY THEY DON'T AGREE WITH OUR INTERPRETATION OF THE EVIDENCE.

/caps
Old 02-21-2013, 06:10 PM   #467
ilikexd
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

star reaper, here are some excerpts from the website you linked.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/arti...hat-is-science

"What You Will Learn

Many people do not realize that science was actually developed in Christian Europe by men who assumed that God created an orderly universe. If the universe is a product of random chance or a group of gods that interfere in the universe, there is really no reason to expect order in nature. Many of the founders of the principle scientific fields, such as Bacon, Galileo, Kepler, and Newton, were believers in a recently created earth. The idea that science cannot accept a creationist perspective is a denial of scientific history."

Whoa.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/stor.../?sku=10-2-261

"This illustrated expose reveals and refutes every instance of evolution in America’s four most popular biology textbooks. A true eye-opener for teens, teachers and parents."

Evolution gets refuted? RIP biology.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #468
JJTrixX
Green & Gold ReflexKage
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
star reaper, here are some excerpts from the website you linked.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/arti...hat-is-science

"What You Will Learn

Many people do not realize that science was actually developed in Christian Europe by men who assumed that God created an orderly universe. If the universe is a product of random chance or a group of gods that interfere in the universe, there is really no reason to expect order in nature. Many of the founders of the principle scientific fields, such as Bacon, Galileo, Kepler, and Newton, were believers in a recently created earth. The idea that science cannot accept a creationist perspective is a denial of scientific history."

Whoa.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/stor.../?sku=10-2-261

"This illustrated expose reveals and refutes every instance of evolution in America’s four most popular biology textbooks. A true eye-opener for teens, teachers and parents."

Evolution gets refuted? RIP biology.
^^^^ there you have it.

the funny thing is, most of you who claim to be atheist, aren't even sure if you're atheist or agnostic.

@ reincarnate:

"Science is always adjusting its views.. If something is proven wrong or insufficient, it gets replaced by something stronger and more universally consistent."

Science will come to adjust its view to the existence of God in time.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #469
Dorby
fake plastic deez
FFR Veteran

With that mindset, it's pretty much obvious that you cater your opinion over anything that even has the slightest relevance to changing your mind, so therefore you should just cut yourself out of the conversation altogether.
And so it was, with this thread that, in 2014 Robertsona will be placed in history via the Legendary Thread section. He will be respected as a self-proclaimed master of TGB. A feat so uncared for and ignored that he himself committed suicide in early 2013.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #470
ilikexd

Quote:
Science will come to adjust its view to the existence of God in time.
This is impossible due to the nature of the scientific method.

Quote:
^^^^ there you have it.
What?
Old 02-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #471
gnr61
FFR Simfile Author

ugghhhhhhhhhhhhhh soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much dictionary abuse. people are attributing WAY too much significance to personal interpretations/misinterpretations/non-understanding of basic words.

latest: almost ALL atheists are technically agnostic-atheists. that is, they don't believe god can be disproved, that whether or not he exists makes no difference in the world around us, and therefore that there's no reason to believe in him, so they don't. even though they accept the possibility, they don't attribute any more likelihood to it than other things that fit that description (ie flying spaghetti monster).

we call them atheists because it's easier. they know what they are dude lmao you are smug as hell.

EDIT: this isn't a discussion at this point. there's a refusal on one side to talk about the fundamental premises on which we disagree. only smug circular walling. i usually love this stuff, but lord is this pointless and aggravating. never thought i'd say this but bring adlp back he at least talks like a calm grownup most of the time

Last edited by gnr61; 02-21-2013 at 06:37 PM..
Old 02-21-2013, 06:30 PM   #472
Nullifidian
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
the funny thing is, most of you who claim to be atheist, aren't even sure if you're atheist or agnostic.
I had to come back for this one. You have the audacity to say something like that when you don't even know what these categories mean?

Here's an image that I hope will ENLIGHTEN you

Everything that's been happening in this thread comes down to misconstruing of words to fit religious agenda ugh

Last edited by Nullifidian; 02-21-2013 at 06:35 PM..
Old 02-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #473
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ View Post
I just spat up my tea
Old 02-21-2013, 06:37 PM   #474
ilikexd

Quote:
I understand you may have a reading deficiency.
No, this one still takes the cake.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #475
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

This isn't going anywhere now.
Closed Thread