Old 08-5-2012, 01:56 AM   #1
RedSword69
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Question @ arrows

Hi,

I've been working on a "hard" (for me, I know some people would rape me in 1v1 here) song and there is some patterns that I would like to memorize.

How do you usually get to do it ?

- Only practice ? (Which I done, with cutscreen, fastarrow practice)
- Check replay and see pattern ?

And I was wondering, is there any way to see like the stepfile (visually, no need for the source) so you can practice a pattern ? I'd like to practice slowly the song (without the song or anything, just to practice the muscles of the fingers).

Watching a full replay and taking screenshot every seconds is pain in the ass to get a song's "score" ("partition" ?), and making an over9000 pixels height image is something I'd like to avoid.

Any advice/tips on how to pratice specific song parts ?

Thank you,

RedSword

EDIT : Like is there any screenshot database of the arrows ?

Last edited by RedSword69; 08-5-2012 at 02:00 AM..
RedSword69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-5-2012, 02:35 AM   #2
Jake Ferguson
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Jake Ferguson
Default Re: Question @ arrows

If it's a harder song that is played a lot, there's probably a replay-frame comparison of it in this thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=122872).
If there's a small section I always screw up on that's too small for an isolation file I'll just look at one of those and figure out how the part goes.

Jake Ferguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-5-2012, 04:55 AM   #3
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

You can request a replay image of any song you play, but it will indeed be one tall image. Jake Ferguson has linked you to the thread in which you can make such requests. I agree that looking at a replay image is often handier than viewing a replay that you cannot rewind or fast forward at will.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-5-2012, 05:59 AM   #4
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

if it's something so specific that you only need to learn it once and you'll never need it again, you may as well study it and memorize a way to do it
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-5-2012, 09:37 AM   #5
Herogashix
Descension from Heaven
FFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Once you play harder and harder stuff, you start to be able to read the easier stuff. Memory isn't a big problem if you're able to read the patterns. Practice is pretty much the best way to you can master a certain pattern or song.

-Just whore a song for a while and you'll be able to read a certain part. Doesn't take too long to adjust to the part you want to learn.
-Playing a whole song to learn 1 part in it may be tedious but it's the best way I've learned.
Old 08-5-2012, 01:12 PM   #6
RedSword69
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Thanks guys !

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=122872 @ Blooddrunk was what I was looking for. Cool thing to get all the frames.

Question beside;

Is there any old FFR version's website available somewhere with the old songs ? I'd like to play the old FF6 Boss Battle.
Old 08-5-2012, 02:04 PM   #7
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

FF7 Boss Battle (which seems like a cut and looped version of The Black Mages' Those Who Fight Further, itself a re-arrangement of the FF7 boss battle theme) was taken down due to lack of permission. We have since gotten permission from that group, but only under the condition that their songs are uncut.

Long story short, you can't play it anymore on the official engine. I think one of the alternate engines has it, though (the community one?).
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-5-2012, 03:39 PM   #8
RedSword69
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotrhythm View Post
FF7 Boss Battle (which seems like a cut and looped version of The Black Mages' Those Who Fight Further, itself a re-arrangement of the FF7 boss battle theme) was taken down due to lack of permission. We have since gotten permission from that group, but only under the condition that their songs are uncut.

Long story short, you can't play it anymore on the official engine. I think one of the alternate engines has it, though (the community one?).
Thanks for your answer...

So, uhm, is the author who made the stepfile still around ?

Would he be allowed to remake it ? (I saw batch were closed in the new-stepfile thread; would that be an exception ?)

Should I make a request in a whole new topic somewhere ?