Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-5-2004, 07:03 AM   #21
Jam930
FFR Player

Bilang... Exactly.

You guys need to calm down, you're just being retarded.

They used to have much better ones, but that stuff is incredible. Sorry but I've taken some Tae-Kwon-Do myself, and I'm not entirely impressed by the trailer. I don't think he's doing anything extraordinary... other than speaking Thai.

Oh and the fact that it's french slides it down a few hundred notches on my movie-rater. (There are 10 notches total)

And what makes you guys think this movie is so real?
The part wheres he's running on the people? seriously, that doesn't happen, no matter who it is. And his pants are on fire as he's flying? how convenient that theres some fire he can jump through and that theres a bad guy on the other side that is completely oblivious, otherwise he would have moved. And the thing where he rams that guy with his knees? It was probably a dummy filled with sand or something, noone is stupid enough to get knee-rammed for a movie's sake, and if they did, I think the producer is simply sick.

...the background music sucks.

No offense to you guys intended, just giving my thoughts on the movie trailers.

=/
Old 06-5-2004, 09:19 AM   #22
Sinjin
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to Sinjin Send a message via AIM to Sinjin Send a message via MSN to Sinjin Send a message via Yahoo to Sinjin

Well....everyone's entitled to their opinion, Jam930.

Personally, I thought the trailer looked amazing, and I'm rarely drawn in by action movies. Those were some pretty cool stunts in the movie, that guy can kick ass for sure. If it was in the theatres here, then I'd probably go see it tomorrow.
Sinjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-5-2004, 09:10 PM   #23
jazzmosis
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to jazzmosis

Okay time to take you sub 16 year olds to school.

First of all, yes this guy's moves ARE impressive. There's no doubting he's got the skills, but you seem to be forgetting some important aspects of movies. 1) They're fake. The people in that movie being pummelled by Bak obviously have protective equipment on if the hits were even real. For the most part, well-thought out camera angles are making it seem like he's being hit. That's part of what all these crew-workers go to college and University for. It's not just some schlubs filming, these are professionals.
2) The safety aspect. People aren't really flying around smashing their faces on the ground, those are either dummies or computer effects (ie the ground is computer generated: The actors are falling into a blue mat. It's something you'd know if you were in Film Studies.) Nobody in their right mind would willingly take a beat down without taking precautions.
3) Hollywood is just the same as any other filming studio. YOu think that just because this is shot in Asia or France (or wherever) that they don't have the same kind of studio equipment? It's a major motion picture movie, not a Bush league production.
4) Taking a young martial artist's film debut as "better" than Jet Li and Jackie Chan's established, successful careers is foolhardy and shows your immaturaty (not saying you're stupid, I'm saying you're not an adult) and how easy you forget great things. Have you even watched all of Chan's and Li's movies? And to snub any mention of Bruce Lee is just ridiculous. The movies maybe have been poorly acted back in the late 60's to early 70's, but Lee could outduel anyone today. And then, there weren't the same safety measures there is today.
5) I don't know Bak's style, but recently a group of analysts released the 10 most deadly martial arts, the the top three (in order): Shaolin Monks Kung Fu (life dedication.. what else is new?), Kickboxing, and Shotokan style Karate.

So since I doubt this young budding filmster is a Shaolin Master of Kung Fu, his style probably is not the most deadly.

Take a note, young'ins. You've been schooled by Jazz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
<3 Jazzoo.
jazzmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-5-2004, 09:17 PM   #24
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

Damn straight, Jazz. Monks whoop so much ass, they practically invented ass whooping.
Omeganitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-5-2004, 10:51 PM   #25
Sinjin
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to Sinjin Send a message via AIM to Sinjin Send a message via MSN to Sinjin Send a message via Yahoo to Sinjin

Jazz, just a friendly reminder that putting spaces between your paragraphs is greatly appreciated. It makes it a hell of a lot easier to read.
Sinjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2004, 04:37 PM   #26
jazzmosis
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to jazzmosis

Sinjin, it was a list, not seperate paragraphs.. all part of a single combined thought. If you can't tell numbers apart from letters on the left margin, that's your problem, not mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
<3 Jazzoo.
jazzmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2004, 09:10 PM   #27
vashthestampede0987
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to vashthestampede0987
Default Re: Ahahha...

Quote:
Don't be hatin' cuz there's finally something better than kung fu, karate, and tae kwon do. Oh yeah, adding to the list, Jackie Chan and Jet Li. [whether you want to admit it or not] [those 2 sentances made no sense at all after the word fu. in words of some character Samuel L. Jackson played, "English, mother #($#er, do you speak it?" i mean, that 2nd sentance is incomplete. verb-subject agreement: learn it.]
Besides, there's more people who like this movie than dislike it. [that could be said of many many things, but it doesnt mean it's good. just listen to Britney Spears.]
I know this is an age in time where online and shi* we like to abbreviate, but seriously people IT DOESN'T MEAN YOU GET TO SKIP GRAMMER. THEN YOUR GODDAMN SENTENCES DON'T MAKE ANY FU*KING SENSE!!! Oh and Jet Li and Jackie Chan in my opion KICK THIS ONG-CRACK SHI* UP THE ASS AND OUT THEIR EARS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
I hate myself.

Cheers,

Synthlight
xxpla tonic love: GIVE IT TO ME
xxpla tonic love: ****ing give it to me
vashthestampede0987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-6-2004, 09:16 PM   #28
Omeganitros
auauauau
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Omeganitros

Wow, this thread needs to die. It's transforming into a flame war.

This is why I carefully consider what Ultimate Battles of the Century I post.
Omeganitros is offline   Reply With Quote