Old 09-16-2020, 11:37 PM   #281
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie
Default Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
Old 09-16-2020, 11:48 PM   #282
Andrew WCY
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip-Kun View Post
If you’re really concerned about your health here’s a few tips:

1.Do not wear a mask.

Breathing too much carbon dioxide and not enough oxygen can compromise the immune system thus making it much easier to contract corona virus (aka the flu).

2.Avoid washing hands or using hand sanitizer.

This destroys the healthy bacteria leaving you at a major disadvantage in overcoming sickness.

3.Stay away from 5g networks.

These invisible energy waves will wreck havoc on the human immune system dramatically increasing chance of death from minor sicknesses.
I hope you're joking or being sarcastic. But if you really aren't...

For points 1 and 2, this goes against common sense: Why shouldn't we try to protect ourselves and destroy bad bacteria? Masks do act as a barrier when you're breathing, but not so much as to cause asphyxiation, unless you wear a lot of masks at once (I think). And sure, there are good bacteria on our skin, but does keeping them without washing hands really help us stay healthy? What about the bad bacteria?

For point 3, while 5G networks do emit radiation, the range of frequencies of the emitted radiation is orders of magnitude less than most other things we deem harmful, like X-rays or UV light from the Sun. Have a look at this video by ElectroBOOM (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4pxw4tYeCU), he explains this better than I could.

Last edited by Andrew WCY; 09-16-2020 at 11:52 PM..
Old 09-16-2020, 11:54 PM   #283
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

dw he's most likely joking
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Old 09-17-2020, 12:07 AM   #284
WirryWoo
Forever Derbyless
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Despite him joking or not, this is how dangerous the spread of misinformation can really stall the overall progress to collectively overcome the pandemic. Being part of this effort to dangerously encourage others to "live a normal life" or to "not wear a mask and to not wash hands" in these unprecedented times using mental gymnastics on scientific facts is so careless yet easily overlooked and usually unaccounted for, especially on an online platform. I'm so tired of seeing some of the posts here and generally on my social media.

Old 09-17-2020, 12:18 AM   #285
Phillip-Kun
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
It’s not the quantity that counts hunn, it’s the quality

Pro tips:

1. If you don't want to wear a mask every time you go to the store just tell them you have asthma. Also, if it’s not a private business, they can’t force you to wear a mask ( in America).

2. Put the mask on to gain entry into said store... then take it off once inside and if someone gives you shit tell them fuck black lives matter.
Old 09-17-2020, 12:43 AM   #286
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

"hunn"
Old 09-17-2020, 12:59 AM   #287
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

Quote:
take it off once inside and if someone gives you shit tell them fuck black lives matter.
not funny. buzz off
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Old 09-17-2020, 01:32 AM   #288
Phillip-Kun
Banned

I’m black and I think black lives matter is terrible… worst thing that could happen especially for black people. All it has done is bring more racism, violence and hate. We need to take responsibility for ourselves and stop relying on others to take care of us.
Old 09-17-2020, 02:05 AM   #289
Shadow_God_10
Somewhere, but not here
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Shadow_God_10

Quote:
I’m black and I think black lives matter is terrible… worst thing that could happen especially for black people. All it has done is bring more racism, violence and hate. We need to take responsibility for ourselves and stop relying on others to take care of us.
I see you're the kind of person who shoves their dick into a hornet's nest just to see what would happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svaz View Post
more like Shad-hoe God am I right haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
TIL women have breasts because of horniness
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkid666 View Post
sunfan I fucked up
Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
Xel claiming that I am incapable of making mistakes and using that logic to paint me as scum does things to my body that I thought only Lewdy's stash could do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
your hentai collection is commendable. i am both in awe and afraid of you
Old 09-17-2020, 02:33 AM   #290
Mollocephalus
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Mollocephalus

You guys need to recalibrate your sarcasm detectors, why has everyone become so dead serious and quick to outrage lately? That's such a negative mindset to have, i feel being able to joke even on grim stuff can actually defuse some of the tension, especially considering it's something much bigger than you and the difference you can personally make is negligible.
Old 09-17-2020, 06:48 AM   #291
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollocephalus View Post
You guys need to recalibrate your sarcasm detectors, why has everyone become so dead serious and quick to outrage lately? That's such a negative mindset to have, i feel being able to joke even on grim stuff can actually defuse some of the tension, especially considering it's something much bigger than you and the difference you can personally make is negligible.
because the topic is dead serious. Remember that most of the people who read websites don't comment. So who knows who is reading this bs and taking it at face value

and honestly, the difference you can personally make isn't negligible at all. You could literally be carrying a deadly disease that can be passed on to other people. Have you ever heard of Typhoid Mary? She was an asymptomatic carrier of typhoid who infected over 50 people on her own. Even if you only infect one other person, that can still have a profound impact. That one person can spread it and it infect 50 others. One person will absolutely make a difference

So yeah this isn't something to fuck with. Also I have asthma and am at an increased risk so I would really love if people would stop being so selfish and look out for me and other at risk people, and stop telling others to say "fuck these precautions". I'm at the mercy of these idiots atm and it's really fucked up

Quote:
Old 09-17-2020, 08:15 AM   #292
Dynam0
The Dominator

Quote:
Some people's sarcasm detectors are broken while others truly believe this virus is made up or not a serious threat to public health. This kind of ignorance angers people because they or their loved ones could be put at risk as a result. It's like joking about drunk driving or something, come on man.

I'm lucky that my region has had ~40 confirmed cases and 1 death out of 125,000 or so people...can only imagine what it would be like living in a hot spot. We're doing fairly well at wearing masks, sanitizing, and social distancing though. Take no chances guys!
Old 09-17-2020, 08:23 AM   #293
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
obviously a bot or a walking justification for eugenics

Last edited by choof; 09-17-2020 at 08:23 AM..
Old 09-17-2020, 08:31 AM   #294
WirryWoo
Forever Derbyless
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Unfortunately, "sarcasm" can also contribute to the spread of misinformation. All it takes is one person to believe in a false message. Yes, it's true that the problem is much bigger than ourselves and normally I'd agree with your point on making matters (conditionally) light, but many people fail to realize that their impact can actually be greater than what they observe.

Last edited by WirryWoo; 09-17-2020 at 08:31 AM..
Old 09-17-2020, 10:48 AM   #295
SK8R43
D7 Elite Keymasher

How do i know that i havent "infected" anyone? because this "new" virus has been out since mid 2019 and nobody that i have been around, counting family has had "covid" symptoms or been tested from having symptoms...Im pretty sure that if i had it, or have spread it that in a years time someone i have been around would show symptoms, donchu think?

Its not a serious virus, its less deadly than the flu. This has been happening EVERY SINGLE election year since pre 2000 lmao.

If you are under 50, YOU ARE NOT AT RISK. if you are 50+ you are at risk, just like you are at risk for literally anything else thats existed for the last 100 years. This is no different.

The CDC and WHO, plus REAL studies have shown that its almost impossible to spread it if you are asymptomatic.. The whole, wear a mask to protect others is BULLSHIT, and you know it.

Last edited by SK8R43; 09-17-2020 at 10:52 AM..
Old 09-17-2020, 11:07 AM   #296
radioamor
anhedonia extraordinaire

Quote:
i think an important prerequisite for calling something a joke is that it has to be funny, and SK8R's posts are the only funny ones here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8R43 View Post
How do i know that i havent "infected" anyone? because this "new" virus has been out since mid 2019 and nobody that i have been around, counting family has had "covid" symptoms or been tested from having symptoms...Im pretty sure that if i had it, or have spread it that in a years time someone i have been around would show symptoms, donchu think?

Its not a serious virus, its less deadly than the flu. This has been happening EVERY SINGLE election year since pre 2000 lmao.

If you are under 50, YOU ARE NOT AT RISK. if you are 50+ you are at risk, just like you are at risk for literally anything else thats existed for the last 100 years. This is no different.

The CDC and WHO, plus REAL studies have shown that its almost impossible to spread it if you are asymptomatic.. The whole, wear a mask to protect others is BULLSHIT, and you know it.
hi again. i think several of us are very interested in taking a look at your sources.
Old 09-17-2020, 11:10 AM   #297
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
I have asthma and am at an increased risk
did you forget about respiratory illnesses existing?

and even if I weren't at risk personally (WHICH AGAIN, I AM AT RISK PERSONALLY) I still wouldn't want my parents, grandparents, neighbours, and anyone else 50+ to be at risk because of me? how insanely selfish to you have to be to have this mentality. it's pathetic

Quote:
Old 09-17-2020, 11:13 AM   #298
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:

this post makes me want to eat a sandwich

why it does that i don't know sandwiches are delicious and this post gave me an aneurysm

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
Old 09-17-2020, 01:35 PM   #299
Elah
Etterna Mapper
D8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
-misinformed bullshit-
[1:55 PM] Halogen-: you are competing with a dangerous shitposter
[9:51 PM] Halogen-: manip gang
Old 09-17-2020, 01:52 PM   #300
ULTIMEGA
Torn to oblivion!

Those who are 50 years of age or older are at risk, but there are younger people that have compromised immune systems who just as at risk as those at that age. Saying that no one under 50 is at risk is just throwing fuel on a fire that nobody wants or needed.

Respiratory conditions - one that already exist in some people - can also lead to infection and thus far greater risks, but symptoms of the virus don't appear until two weeks after you've caught it, and for two weeks AT MINIMUM, you don't know if you have it or not. It's a strain of virus that keeps itself hidden for at least that amount of time before they crop up. If you're in perfect health, you should be fine within a few weeks. But if you have a compromised immune system, you are more at risk of dying from the virus even if you're under 50 years of age.

It's also been confirmed that the virus is an airborne pathogen. One person can infect up to 50 other people or more within a six foot radius, though this is just from speculation alone. Though only 1% of the global population dies from the virus, the remaining 99% will survive, so while it's not very lethal, it can still cause problems. For one thing, even if we lose just 1% of our global population, that can lead to massive slow down in economic growth or halt it entirely.

But tell us again how all of this is a false fear tactic by the CDC that just wants to make a quick buck from the fear of other people. Go ahead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
@ULTIMEGA, dank meme genie.

HIGHEST AAA:Necropotence [90]
HIGHEST SDG: Magical 8 Bit Tour [100] (7-0-0-4)
HIGHEST FC: Six Acid Strings [101]
HIGHEST SCORE: Magical 8 Bit Tour [100] (7-0-0-4)
Closed Thread