Old 05-14-2019, 10:57 PM   #1601
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXXXV: C9+++++++++ Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
shado - not really seeing the tunneling all game you're talking about here. the over-confident tone you're talking about also isn't something you caught first, I'm pretty sure you brought it up after I mentioned he was being extremely arrogant, along with a couple others as well like mml saying his 'pat on the back' was a dick move. The whole bringing things up after the fact has been something you've been doing all game.
He's definitely been tunneling after me all game? I can quote specific posts for you if you want but he's made multiple pushes on me across multiple phases. And he's been very confident about his pushes on me. The "confident tone" read may seem like a sheeped read, but just because someone picked up on something first that doesn't mean I didn't pick up on it also. In this case, for the same reason as well as a different reason (his confident pushes on me).

Quote:
me - okay, but it seems odd that shados snippet was way more scummy than mine, yet your lynch order for us is swapped
I'm not sure why it came across that way, but I don't feel like he is more scummy than you. The comment about the tunnel was a bit of a paranoid thought, but the read I have on him is the read I have the most confidence in, and it's not a scum read. Genuinely not sure where you got this from.

Quote:
yoshl - I'd agree that there's been mechanical talk, and that there's been statements that you mentioned. Those statements i believe are tied into the fact that he's trying to be less antagonistic and have people not shoehorn into one thing (like me saying an antori/mellon/haku team would be too dumb to use fakeclaims). Not too sure about the undeveloped reads or sheeped reads, because I get that a hell of a lot more from you. Just like the mechanics (if you're a wolf), there's no reason for you to care about determining wolf setup because you'd know it anyway.
This is a fair point, I considered while I was writing it that many of these points applied to me as well, so take it as you will. But I hope you at least seriously consider my thoughts. For me, this is a pretty flaky post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daikyi View Post
in terms of the remaining players
roundbox - easily the most clear development of reads across the board over all players except for me probably lol. I don't think i'm able to follow his mindset as closely if he's wolfing
4) MixMasterLar - confirmed cop for all intents and purposes rn that needs to settle the fuck down and actually think about the game being confirmed, rather than deluding himself over some grandiose catch that he thinks he has tbh
5) Gradiant - becoming much more wary at the cool calm gradiant here, and am wondering if the early phase "wow same thoughts as daikyi" is more of a subtle pocket attempt rather than anything, because i was only really pointing out things that stuck out to me, rather than giving any fleshed out reads at all
7) inDheart - i haven't attempted to read
10) Antori - can really go either way at this point. it feels bad not having resolved him early on, the "probably derptown" gut feel has long since subsided. The same kind of feel you'd get for pursuing like, haku, wv, drizzleromancegirl, etc. on d0
11) Hakulyte - kinda dropped off the face of the planet, which is also pretty worrying because i think his town game heavily revolves around trying to make plays and actively engage in the game. imo probably would get my first vote
12) mellonxcollie - literally just sheeping roundbox's read
13) ShadoWolfe - same as indheart

just as a mindset update, also i forgot to mention that ffa is actual garbage lol

Quote:
like, that shado read really feels like an appeasement to the person that was probably questioning you the most this game.
I can see why you would think that, but reading into his interaction with me is a pretty concrete way to solve him for myself and that's the read I get when I look at his posts.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:05 PM   #1602
Daikyi
FFR Player

holy shit my reads list was actually somewhat on point i'm impressed at myself given how much i've paid attention to a lot of the game (not a lot tbh)
Old 05-14-2019, 11:12 PM   #1603
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
given how much i've paid attention to a lot of the game (not a lot tbh)
Old 05-14-2019, 11:15 PM   #1604
Daikyi
FFR Player

Quote:
YoshL would be my guess for the last wolf. He's done a lot of mechanical talk, and a lot of general statements that could apply to all games like "dumb tells shouldn't be a thing" and "don't underestimate people". But it seems like he has put less investigative work in and isn't having to think about things from a town perspective. For a lot of the game, his reads didn't seem very developed, he had a lot of null or sheeped reads. It seemed like he wasn't putting forth a lot of effort into reading people because he didn't need to.
i also very much dislike the "general statements" part of this analysis, because it's not a general statement. it's specifically directed towards the sentiment that's been expressed multiple times that the haku/antori/raeko team wouldn't be able to make strategic wolf plays. like, sure yeah it can be applied to many situations, however it has incredible relavancy when people are actively discarding teams because "no everyone on that team sucks too much".

to all of the other points mentioned regarding not developing reads, sure i wasn't following the game as closely because work actively takes up so much of my time nowadays. also, the same can be said about your game tbh, where you've posted somehow even less than antori, who in my opinion had more thread presence and impact when they were alive. I didn't see any concrete pushes, I didn't see any attempts to push any narrative from your end, it was all very backseat nothing-doing, kind of like legitimatlely putting your best effort out to not stick out. "reads didn't seem very developed, he had a lot of null or sheeped reads" feels so wrong to even try and push on someone with, given that null reads do not indicate less development, and sheeped reads means that you have enough of a green read on someone else to trust their judgment regarding other players. In addition, I think i said only "i'm sheeping roundbox on raeko", and the rest of my reads have been pretty standalone.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:19 PM   #1605
Daikyi
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
I said I'd leave a will of sorts in case I draw the NK
...shadowolfe has said something to this effect like 3 times this phase or something right
Old 05-14-2019, 11:25 PM   #1606
ShadoWolfe
FFR Player

Quote:
...shadowolfe has said something to this effect like 3 times this phase or something right
Twice, why?

Start of phase and again when I made that post to reference back to the initial, but fwiw I don't think the wording is accurate anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte
I followed the "by the book" play, but I was reading the "not to do" page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
" I'd suck a dick in a dark, dark alley."
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoshL View Post
"i gave you 20 ducks, and spent a lot of time making one of them quack, and pointed at the particular one and asked "is that one the worst quacker"" ... "you could still give somewhat of an answer based on the quality of the quacks, and the other random quacks from the ducks surrounding that weren't the center of focus."
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie
"I love Wolfe's duck avi so much. Shado's Duck Shrine is the best!!
Old 05-14-2019, 11:40 PM   #1607
Daikyi
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Scenario A: MML got framed by wolves + roleblocked. Wolves are hoping he self-destruct because he's still alive to make town kill a PR for them. Wolves fucked up and assumed Xel was a PR for some reasons.

Scenario B: MML is wolfing and taking advantage of Xel's death/pretending to get roleblocked to not deal with his cop check.
His goal for the phase is to remain alive and get away with his claim because this setup can work in multiple ways. Gradiant could be a potential partner, but this can go either way. Having 2 wolves hiding behind a hard claim banner keeps poe fairly big.
Ulterior motive would be to survive last phase the previous phase and push the lynch on FFA.

That being said, I'm not getting the why for the Xel NK. Feels like a random chaos kill.

That's a strange choice of words.

On what basis are you saying that "he's convinced on lynching town" ?

That's double edged. A wolf could want to hypocop to find the real cop especially in a situation where all the wolves are alive. This setup can roll multiple cops too. There might be enough technical reasons for this.

Could go either way tbh because cops need to eventually leave posterity in case they get NK'd randomly.
this post also has an antori post quoted in between it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antori View Post
i dont see you pushing raeko at all you're really convinced on lynching town instead
and i went back and read the exchange at #1129, which we know is bogus af and holy fuck 20/20 hindsight this looks cringely manufactured as fuck. stuff like this interaction that was internal to haku+antori regarding raeko also feels so manufactured.
Old 05-14-2019, 11:41 PM   #1608
Daikyi
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWolfe View Post
Twice, why?

Start of phase and again when I made that post to reference back to the initial, but fwiw I don't think the wording is accurate anymore
i really don't think you're anywhere near the most universally town read, and really get the bad feelinge that you feel like you had to say it multiple times
Old 05-15-2019, 12:00 AM   #1609
the sun fan
FFR Player

votecount:
Haku (1)- Daikyi
unvote- Gradiant, Shado

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:29 AM   #1610
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

*grabs popcorn*
Old 05-15-2019, 12:40 AM   #1611
Hakulyte
the Haku

I'm going to assume no one wants to talk to me this phase.

That being said, I have politically correct reasons to post 5 times this phase.

So, I'm going to do that.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:42 AM   #1612
Hakulyte
the Haku

I'm going to do some stretches and push-ups.

I also suggest grabbing some water to stay hydrated.

Remember fam, stay healthy.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:43 AM   #1613
Hakulyte
the Haku

Alright, I'm ready to sit back.

You guys can continue playing now.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:12 AM   #1614
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
mellon, explain your 'aaaaaaa shit' reaction to roundbox switching votes to ffa after mml's cop claim and your immediate dropping of questioning haku's last 'reads' list after he told you he wasn't pairing you and shado when he most certainly was (you two were the two scum in his list of final reads)
bump
Old 05-15-2019, 11:22 AM   #1615
Daikyi
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
sorry, I'm responding to the other stuff, but have seriously none of you guys seen the "aaaaaa shit, here we go again" GTA meme?

cause I was just quoting that meme

roundbox said "here we go again" so I said "aaaaaaaa shit"

it's that deep for that response

But for the rest of the situation basically I will go through this EOD again but I thought when Xel made a post that said "Lar is a wolf" that he was trying to counterclaim subtly without saying so, I was trying to figure out what was going on and having a difficult time. So I figured roundbox caught on to something I was missing, but the "aaaaaaaa shit" was just a meme

I really thought you guys would get that....

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/ah-shit-here-we-go-again
Quote:
bump
backpaged
Old 05-15-2019, 12:50 PM   #1616
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
i also very much dislike the "general statements" part of this analysis, because it's not a general statement. it's specifically directed towards the sentiment that's been expressed multiple times that the haku/antori/raeko team wouldn't be able to make strategic wolf plays. like, sure yeah it can be applied to many situations, however it has incredible relavancy when people are actively discarding teams because "no everyone on that team sucks too much".
It was specific to this game of course, but it's still something that could be said nearly every game, about most of the players. Also that was just one example, I would put most of the mechanical talk into "general statements" as well. Of course that was all specific to this game and this setup as well but the things you were talking about could have been said regardless of what other people were posting or who else was playing the game.

Quote:
to all of the other points mentioned regarding not developing reads, sure i wasn't following the game as closely because work actively takes up so much of my time nowadays. also, the same can be said about your game tbh, where you've posted somehow even less than antori, who in my opinion had more thread presence and impact when they were alive. I didn't see any concrete pushes, I didn't see any attempts to push any narrative from your end, it was all very backseat nothing-doing, kind of like legitimatlely putting your best effort out to not stick out. "reads didn't seem very developed, he had a lot of null or sheeped reads" feels so wrong to even try and push on someone with, given that null reads do not indicate less development, and sheeped reads means that you have enough of a green read on someone else to trust their judgment regarding other players. In addition, I think i said only "i'm sheeping roundbox on raeko", and the rest of my reads have been pretty standalone.
I know that a lot of the same points apply to me, lmao, which sucks but it is what it is. I have been very busy the majority of this game too, something I don't really like bringing up because it's technically IRL. That one phase where Antori ended up dying, I did hang back intentionally because I felt like I didn't have much to add to the conversation and was more focused on trying to parse what everybody else had to say.

Null reads don't always mean undeveloped but usually you want some sort of explanation about why it ended up being null. Why you are having a tough time reading them, or maybe two points that you think mean different things which ends up with a net null read. But just saying "null" does seem pretty undeveloped
Old 05-15-2019, 12:52 PM   #1617
Daikyi
FFR Player

and fwiw i dont think my reads list said null at all, but that i havent bothered to read specific players lmao
Old 05-15-2019, 12:53 PM   #1618
mellon_collie
FFR Player

Quote:
and fwiw i dont think my reads list said null at all, but that i havent bothered to read specific players lmao
I don't see much of a difference there? probably means they are null in your mind, at least hopefully unless you have some bias?
Old 05-15-2019, 01:06 PM   #1619
Daikyi
FFR Player

or i have enough developed reads on other people where (again) i just dont try reading them at that point in the game unless absolutely necessary
Old 05-15-2019, 01:08 PM   #1620
Daikyi
FFR Player

basically youre saying that null means no read

in my mind, null is still where you have attempted to read someones actions, and have not been able to put them on either side of the wall.