Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-9-2009, 10:33 AM   #41
iCeCuBEz v2
XFD
FFR Veteran

Default Re: AP Tests

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerZerkR View Post
I took the test for US history today and I thought it was fairly easy, but I probably got a 2 on it. AP US history sucks btw.
lol I took that class last year; and I agree. It sucks.

Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, Mario, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned.
iCeCuBEz v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-9-2009, 03:36 PM   #42
speeddemon
FFR Player

Comp AB, really easy. Assuming you knew anything about sets and such.
US History, not bad.
AP Physics B, hoping it will be easy. Doubt it though, especially since we never actually went over quantum mechanics and nuclear physics.
English Lang and Comp, our teacher was kind enough to make everything ultra hard, so it should be extremely simple.

Oh and why does Alaska start sooner eh?
speeddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-9-2009, 05:05 PM   #43
Turboyoshi
What is this i don't even
FFR Veteran

Because, if they started at the same time, people from new york would be able to call people in Alaska and tell them what the test would look like. For example, take AP English Literature. Ends about 11:30-12:00 ish. Assuming it ends around 11:30, it would be 7:30 in alaska, before the test begins, allowing discussion of the exam.

PS:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_carbo View Post
tl;dr: the music theory exam isn't ridiculously hard IMO. But it's not a thing you can ace without the class. You'd think that, but no. If anything music theory especially requires the class because you need that constant training in dictation and sight singing and a good teacher to snap some sense into you.
Yes, i understand i need to take the class to get a good grade on the test. I should have explained myself better on my last comment, as i realize it did sound very haughty, "oh, i can get a 5 without even taking the class!" is NOT what i was trying to say. Once i will be taking the class, i think i'll have had enough prior preparation to be able to focus on the aspects of the class i'm not fully prepared for yet, eg, much of the vocab and the compositional elements. And on that subject, what i meant by i wasn't too sure about the compositional elements was a question like this:

10. The final vocal cadence is embellished with
(a) a suspension
(b) an appoggiatura
(c) an escape tone
(d) an anticipation

or

Question 7. (Suggested time—20 minutes) Complete the bass line for the melody
below, making sure to keep the portion you compose consistent with the first phrase.
Place Roman numerals with inversion symbols below the bass line to indicate the
harmonies implied by the soprano and bass.
Observe the following.
(a) Your bass line should make melodic sense in relation to the given soprano line.
1. Give melodic interest to the bass line.
2. Vary the motion of the bass line in relation to the soprano.
3. Use mostly quarter notes, but you may use note values ranging from half notes
to eighth notes.
(b) Your bass line and chord choices should make harmonic sense with the melody.
1. Use an appropriate cadence at each phrase ending.
2. Use at least two chords or two positions of the same chord per measure.
(c) Do not notate alto and tenor lines.

taken from the Music Theory course description. Yes, i realize if i took the test now, i'd probably get a 3 if i were lucky, as i don't know much about traditional voice leading and composition. Concerning the comments about singing, I do not sing, nor have I ever sang, but i have played piano for 11-12 years, and clarinet for 6 years, and In this time span i have also studied some theory, and have developed perfect pitch. However, much of the music writing part, such as Free response questions 5, 6, and 7 on the music theory course description, i would probably not be able to do well. With preparation from the class, i think i'd probably do pretty well overall on the test, however. Again, sorry to have sounded so disdainful in my last post, as i did not intend it that way. This past week has fried my brain. Sorry that my comment had to have prompted such a long response from you, and in advance, sorry if this sounds very disjointed, as I'm still recovering

Last edited by Turboyoshi; 05-9-2009 at 05:46 PM..
Turboyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-9-2009, 09:36 PM   #44
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

4 tests in a row next week woo
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Wineandbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:06 PM   #45
Nyokou
( ̄ー ̄)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Nyokou

Should I take AP Government? Y/N?
Old 05-15-2009, 01:23 AM   #46
lord_carbo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to lord_carbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turboyoshi View Post
taken from the Music Theory course description. Yes, i realize if i took the test now, i'd probably get a 3 if i were lucky, as i don't know much about traditional voice leading and composition. Concerning the comments about singing, I do not sing, nor have I ever sang, but i have played piano for 11-12 years, and clarinet for 6 years, and In this time span i have also studied some theory, and have developed perfect pitch. However, much of the music writing part, such as Free response questions 5, 6, and 7 on the music theory course description, i would probably not be able to do well. With preparation from the class, i think i'd probably do pretty well overall on the test, however. Again, sorry to have sounded so disdainful in my last post, as i did not intend it that way. This past week has fried my brain. Sorry that my comment had to have prompted such a long response from you, and in advance, sorry if this sounds very disjointed, as I'm still recovering
i type long responses to anything related to music or economics or art
Old 05-15-2009, 05:08 PM   #47
dballin4
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to dballin4 Send a message via MSN to dballin4

2004 passed Chem
2005 passed Stat. slept through Physics because I didn't care and Slept through Comp Sci because that class was a joke.

You guys are in high school lol
Old 05-15-2009, 05:28 PM   #48
iluswirl
Clueless & Comfortable
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iluswirl

Haha. I had the worst teacher EVER for AP US history last year. She didn't even teach the class really. So basically, I gave up on that class halfway through the year.. And ended up getting a 1.

And then with that, if you took history, you HAD to take English.. And because the two were tied, I also gave up on that one until about a month before the test.. Also resulting in a 1.

But next year i'm taking chem.. I've heard that it's the hardest test our school offers (because we don't really have much at our school) but in Chem B (highest non AP chem class in the school) I had people coming to me for how to do things because I could explain it faster than the teacher.

And on top of that, they keep trying to get me to take AP bio.. But I don't have the room in my schedule unless I pull off a miracle. Or drop my CAD II class. But I really enjoy CAD, so I doubt that. Any suggestions?

Also, I guess I should have mentioned.. I'm going to major in Chemical Engineering.
iluswirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 05:33 PM   #49
dballin4
FFR Player

yeah if you're in engineering, you don't need bio but you do need CAD. I don't see why there would ever be any thought required in making this decision. Chem was piss easy (5 years ago)
Old 05-15-2009, 08:58 PM   #50
iluswirl
Clueless & Comfortable
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to iluswirl

See my homeroom teacher (who is an AP biology teacher) told me just the opposite. But I was somewhat skeptical. Good to know. I'll leave my schedule for next year the way it is then.
iluswirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 11:59 PM   #51
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Obligatory post cause AP tests are over.
Did terrible on World History, but w/e
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Wineandbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 12:28 AM   #52
Silvuh
quit
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

I didn't hear much talk about AP Art History... But I can say that, wow, I failed the mess outta that thing on Wednesday. It's embarrassing. Out of all the nine essays, only one of them I knew anything about. And I didn't even write anything for the 30-minute essays other than a more eloquent way of saying "I have no effing clue" on the second one. I've never been able to focus on timed essays. Since elementary school. It's only gotten worse since then. Kyah, anyway... I guessed on at least 30 of the multiple choice questions and didn't answer at least another 10.
The worst part is that we never got to the 19th century in class. And we went over Rococo and The Enlightenment in, like, two days before the test and I fell asleep those days. My only knowledge about contemporary art comes from common knowledge about, like, Mondrian and such. There weren't any questions about him this time, but still a lot of other questions about contemporary art. How should I know which of these artists is a surrealist? I don't know who took that photo!
*twitch* So yeah, no way I got any more than 40% on that...
I'm taking the Calc AB test this coming week 'cause I missed it the day it was what'stheworded. Administered. That should be more relaxing...
Old 05-16-2009, 02:42 AM   #53
dballin4
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluswirl View Post
See my homeroom teacher (who is an AP biology teacher) told me just the opposite. But I was somewhat skeptical. Good to know. I'll leave my schedule for next year the way it is then.
chemical engineering... hmmmm i dunno lmao i should pay more attention oops wut

i mean if you're going into BIOchemical engineering then yeah I could see taking bio, but plain old chem eng, I stand by my original opinion dammit plus CAD is fun!