Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-4-2005, 12:52 PM   #41
blahblah18
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to blahblah18

also just to throw it out there, a vote for talisman because he should have realized his plan was flawed that he posted in forum, and combined wit the fact that he posted the obv strat of killing a fellow wolf (I had thought of it too, i'm sure several others did), then with a brand new player dying, no one's broguht up the fact that in theory they still could have done that plan, although doubtful. Just another reason why I'd want everyone coming out,

If we believe that mattc WASN't a wolf, have EB pair mattc's dead partner with the guardian, to keep the guardian anonymous.

Old 11-4-2005, 01:15 PM   #42
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Yahoo to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Skype™ to FishFishRevolution

nforcer06164: somebody summarize advantages and disadvantages.
nforcer06164: so I can understand this.
FishFishRevolution: going to eb is overall safer
nforcer06164: how?
lightdarkness: BECAUSE THE WOLVES DON'T KNOW THE PAIRS
nickadeemus: power in numbers
FishFishRevolution: it keeps the wolves out of the know while still forcing them to reveal their partner
lightdarkness: THE LESS THE WOLVES KNOW
lightdarkness: THE BETTER
lightdarkness: IT'S NOT @#^@#%@ ROCKET SCIENCE
lightdarkness: sorry, i'm angry =P
Old 11-4-2005, 01:17 PM   #43
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

It's really not rocket science

Everyone go to EB, and EB only. Do NOT post your pairs in the thread, that is just retarded.
Old 11-4-2005, 01:36 PM   #44
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

Quote:
Originally Posted by nforcer06164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
eb seems a bit sketchy
  • insanelikeafish: afro is rubbing me the wrong way
    nforcer06164: Afro may still be sore from not being chosen as a host...
    nforcer06164: if you've checked the Dumbass nominations lately.
    insanelikeafish: yeah
    insanelikeafish: i saw that
    insanelikeafish: haha
    nforcer06164: whoa, wait.
    nforcer06164: I just realized something afro said.
    nforcer06164: eb seems a bit sketchy,
    nforcer06164: uh, how?
    insanelikeafish: yeah
    insanelikeafish: that's what did it for me

I just noticed Afro's statement after talking to fish (he's not my mason partner, by the way). How could eb be sketchy? There's almost zero chance for eb to be a wolf.
I know him much better than all of you combined. I'm just saying that he seems a bit off, but it could likely be because of his "special role," especially since there's almost no way in hell he's red.
Old 11-4-2005, 01:51 PM   #45
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

blah quit being retarded.

read tass' response to afro's initial question why we shouldn't come out in public: IT REVEALS THE GUARDIAN. NO ONE COME OUT IN PUBLIC. If you come out in public you're just eliminating possibilities for the wolves.

about a backup plan: I trust eb at this point but I don't see the harm in having one. It's up to eb... if he thinks there's still a strong chance that matt's partner is a wolf and that they wolfed matt intentionally (why they would do that AFTER I sent that pm out would be retarded... they know it's not going to work now) then I guess he shouldn't do it.

To everyone speculating "well what if a wolf comes to eb and says he was matt's partner." If the wolves are that dumb this game will be over real fast... once everyone goes to eb it's simple process of elimination. You either have a partner or you don't. If a wolf tries to fake it, not only does he put himself at risk, he puts anothe wolf at risk because matt's partner isn't going to pretend to be partners with a wolf. Therefore we would have 3 people, 2 of whom are wolves, and in 3 days 2 wolves are gone, minimum.

So to summarize, the only way matt's partner is a wolf and therefore no backup plan of the kind I described should be implemented is if the wolves STILL decided to wolf one of their own even after my pm which made it clear it wouldn't work.
Old 11-4-2005, 07:41 PM   #46
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

This level of activity does not look good. It appears that there has been a chat recently based on the logs fish posted above. Is there a chat right now?
Old 11-4-2005, 07:51 PM   #47
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

There was a chat earlier. I didn't save the log. We have to do something to stir activity, but nobody is up for the whole "reveal your partners" thing, and I think they're right about playing it safe and talking only to eb. So we've hit something of a dead end here.

PROUD OWNER OF TWO OMEGA FAVORS. YEAH, NICE TRY.
Giant NES Controller (4 FEET) progress: PAINT IS DONE!
Download my Wii Music Suite v1.0, and PM me with your input!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek
My mind says "GOGOGOG" and my hands go "wut no scru u ***"
Old 11-4-2005, 08:02 PM   #48
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Yahoo to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Skype™ to FishFishRevolution

I have the chat log from when I was in it. I think I have most of when they were actually talking about TWG, if not all of it. They went off and talked about other things then everyone went silent. If you'd like it, IM me.
Old 11-4-2005, 08:37 PM   #49
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

I like how blah tells everybody to reveal themselves but then doesn't even do it himself. Furthermore, he hasn't come to me with his partner. 10 people have. That leaves 5, right? Where the hell are the rest of you? Hiding with your wolf buddies?

PS: If I'm different, I'd say it's either 1) being special 2) being pissed at being green 3) not being a wolf 4) having played Mafia in real life with the people on my hall. It was awesome. In one game I was the seer and somebody was like "Well Noah has been all shifty eyed, let's vote him!!" and they're like "Your defense?" and I was like "I'm the seer, I saw that dude over there, he's a mafia man." and they lynched him. The guardian gaurded me that night and saved me, then they killed me the next night! D=< But yeah, I was aggressive that game and it worked well, and I've been feeling more aggressive in general lately. I just wanna jumpkick everything.

Moral of this story: Noah is a dynamic character, which is cool because it means I'm way harder to read in this game. ^___________^

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 11-4-2005, 08:41 PM   #50
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Sorry about not posting at all. I've only been able to check the thread once up until now, and I didn't have time to make a post. Slow thinker + slow typer = slow ass posts.

I would toss my vote on to blah right now, but I want to see what others have to say about it. It looks like just about the only thing being discussed right now is eb and who should come out where.

Why am I suspicious of blah? Well, I know blah is a smart guy, and he sure didn't show it in his posts. Revealing your partners publically is pretty obviously a foolish strategy. The fact that he pointed it out and encouraged it gives me the impression that he's trying to force one direction of thinking.

My VICIOUS ATTACK on blah kinda lost some steam there. Meh, whatever. I should be home ~1 PM tomorrow, and I'll be wanting to discuss stuff after not being able to all this time, so feel free to IM me.
Old 11-4-2005, 08:47 PM   #51
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

Wait a sec. Did I misconstrue something, or did a plan involve the guardian coming out? Doesn't that not make any sense? The guardian can't guard himself, and he's be the obvious target for a wolfing. I hope I misread something.

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 11-4-2005, 08:52 PM   #52
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QreepyBORIS
Wait a sec. Did I misconstrue something, or did a plan involve the guardian coming out? Doesn't that not make any sense? The guardian can't guard himself, and he's be the obvious target for a wolfing. I hope I misread something.
Actually, Blah said that we should come out in the thread with our pairs, which would leave the guardian exposed. In fact, Blah said we should follow this plan even after I asked if there would be anything wrong with the plan and Tass promptly replied "we post our pairs=gaurdian is dead."

So, basically, yes. Blah's plan involved the guardian "coming out."
Old 11-4-2005, 09:03 PM   #53
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nforcer06164 Send a message via Skype™ to nforcer06164

No, Afro, you're wrong. Blah's plan included pairing the guardian with matt's widowed mason partner through eb to ensure that his identity would be kept secret. I thought the same thing that you all were thinking, but fortunately I was around to ask him when he made his post. So, in short, the guardian would paired with matt's former partner, keeping his identity safe.

I think we should take a hard look at who has not contacted eb yet. It'll give us a good idea of who might be wolves. That means, if you're a wolf and you haven't contacted eb with a partner, it's a very good idea to contact eb right now before you're exposed.

Quote:
Old 11-4-2005, 09:16 PM   #54
talisman
Resident Penguin

so blah was criticizing my back up plan which explicitly involved having matt's partner know the guardian and then suggesting that the two pretend to be paired?

edit: (changed period to question mark cause it didn't make sense the other way)
Old 11-5-2005, 08:33 AM   #55
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah18
you know what, thinking about it, I go back to ADVOCATING RELEASING ALL THE TEAMS IN THE FORUM.
The harm is that theoreticalyl the wolves can not kiill 2 people of the same team .. A. that is an incredibly small chance of happening, and not the most devastating to overall utility anyways
vs
We all have tne knowledge of al lthe teams and can see how epople interact and if we spot a wolf, we all can base it fof the character of the other person.

To reiterate, I am now STRONGLY for us all posting our teams in publicly
I think he changed what he was in favor of, Talisman. And there's the idea we've all been arguing about, everyone, in case you're a bit lost as to what's been going on recently.

Quote:
Old 11-5-2005, 12:23 PM   #56
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

I still only have 12 people. There are 15 of us now, minus myself, which leaves 14. So there's only one pair that has yet to come out to me. So, basically, I already know who they are, but they should have come to me. We have 6 hours (till 8pm) to make a decision on this, so I'm thinking about posting this final pair and letting you guys do with them as you please.

Any objections?

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 11-5-2005, 12:24 PM   #57
nforcer06164
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Okay, this activity is absolutely DISGUSTING. All of you. Many of you have been refuting ideas that would encourage activity, so what do you do instead? You sit on your asses and pretend like this thread doesn't exist. Is that going to help us catch the wolves? NO! It's a Saturday afternoon. You should have time to at least say something.

I'm placing my vote now. Afro. First for his hasty vote on nick with poor reasoning, second for his "sketchy" comment referring to eb, and third for his bs defense of his "sketchy" statement. It starts with the first post on page 3 if you want to look back.

I may not be back before the deadline comes, so don't be surprised if I'm not here. I have to run out of money to play ITG2 and Drummania 10th first.

QUICK EDIT: Thanks for trying to start some stuff, eb. I say post them.

Quote:
Old 11-5-2005, 12:27 PM   #58
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Objection: Any known pairs narrow it down for the wolves; if you know the pair, there's no problem. The pair are probably apathetic humans IMO because wolves are going to try and go with this deal.
Old 11-5-2005, 12:46 PM   #59
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Fish is right. I say we keep them secret.

PS nforcer, shut the hell up.
Quote:
First for his hasty vote on nick with poor reasoning
Hmm... day one usually has excellent reasoning for the votes, right? And besides, nick DID act in EXACTLY the way a jTWG would if he were a wolf. Humans don't comment on the night 1 kill in that way, especially when there's not that kind of talk about it already.

Quote:
second for his "sketchy" comment referring to eb
If you don't see it, that's not my fault, but eb himself admitted to acting differently.

Quote:
third for his bs defense of his "sketchy" statement.
So you're saying I don't know eb better than anyone else here? Yea, ok.
Old 11-5-2005, 12:53 PM   #60
talisman
Resident Penguin

Exactly what fish said... posting them could do no good.

For what it's worth, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that blah is far more cautious and less likely to make a dumb suggestion like that as a wolf. Especially the vote so early on... he usually plays a more conservative game as a wolf, or at least that's what I recall from the last time I remember him as a wolf. Not saying it's impossible that he's trying out a new style and thought that strongly suggesting that everyone come out would look human, just that it's unlikely.
Closed Thread