Old 12-16-2016, 01:12 PM   #181
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Default Re: The Etterna Project

did that only start happening in the most recent update or has it always been like that, or do you not know?

what kind of specs do you have to be hitting only 500 fps with the given screen elements enabled?

also clearly there is a reason for the lag spikes, just there shouldn't be, that and i can't reproduce anything like that on my end

make sure your gfx card isn't getting temperature throttled, i would try capping your gameplay fps to 400 or using predictive rendering (or perhaps opengl)

@kraezy i've tried all sorts of stuff and i can't get the editor to crash send me a crash log

Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 12-16-2016 at 01:18 PM..
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 03:01 PM   #182
LHB
FFR Player

I believe I started having the issue around the time I switched from vanilla sm5 to Etterna. The strange thing is that after a while it fixes itself for some reason? I'm playing on a pretty low-quality laptop, but it has a 940M and it can play more intensive games than Stepmania just fine. I'll try fiddling with it some more and if it stops I'll try looking to see what changed.
LHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 12:12 AM   #183
Kalre
FFR Player

Is there any chance the installation of this could have broke my audio drivers or the overall audio quality of my comp ? I know it sounds dumb, but i can recall installing this the same day my audio when downhill, but its probably just a coincidence.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:32 AM   #184
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

it's extremely unlikely, even more so given that this is the first mention of any issue of this sort

if stepmania is the cause of the issue, again, it's probably not, it's a stepmania issue and not an etterna issue. none of the edits to the fork have gone anywhere near audio driver code

also editor crash bug has been fixed
Old 12-17-2016, 11:49 AM   #185
Kalre
FFR Player

Man i have asked soo much dumb stuff lol, but here goes another one, i seem to be unable to switch to search songs by artist, name or any of the other options other than Group, reinstalled and it keeps working like that ? should i just stop tryng to use this wonderfull theme/mod

Obviously i know how this is usually done 1+4 but it just doesnt switch.
Old 12-17-2016, 05:36 PM   #186
Flossy97
FFR Player

Are you searching correctly? To search by song artist you have to type artist= then the song artist, and for the stepper you have to type author= followed by the stepper you're searching for.

Ex: artist=terminal 11 would show songs by terminal 11
author=icyworld would show files stepped by icy

Last edited by Flossy97; 12-17-2016 at 05:45 PM..
Flossy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 05:47 PM   #187
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

bind to switch to search is just 4, not 1 + 4, alternatively you may click on the tab
Old 12-17-2016, 07:59 PM   #188
lurker
ur worst nitemare
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

yo mina please copy the file BGAnimations/_avatar.lua from scwh to the equivalent folder in til death, its absence causes errors (and eventually a crash) when playing online
edit: courtesy of a discord user

Last edited by lurker; 12-17-2016 at 08:30 PM..
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 09:19 PM   #189
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

yeah i picked up on it last night while watching icy

it'll get fixed along with a number of other things related to smo play that were brought up in stream tonight

Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 12-17-2016 at 09:27 PM..
Old 12-18-2016, 06:12 PM   #190
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

WATUP MY GLIPGLOPS

next release contains fixes and qol shit and general usability updates

IF YOU WANT YOUR SHIT TO BE FIXED OR ADDED YOU GOTTA SPAKE UP
i might be awesome but even my vision gets obscured by the many tubes of the internet

wip release notes forthwith:

**New Features**

* Added a session timer.
* Added lua accessible functions that, for scores with available replay data, can rescore to either DP or Wife scoring for any judge value. Want to see what your quad on doin the kirby is on justice? Now you can. Note: these are currently not displayed in the theme.

**Improvements**

* Gameplay screen elements will now translate in accordance with the center1p option. Miniprogress bar/target tracker etc will re-center themselves automatically, and the judgment counts/nps display/graph will swap themselves to display to the right rather than the left if gameplay is not centered. As with everything else, 2p support is not considered.
* Music select music length is now colored by the display value (playable time) and not by the audio file length.
* Music select music length is now scaled to the currently selected rate.
* Bpm display is now is now scaled to the currently selected rate.
* Number of loaded songs and favorited songs are now displayed on playerinfo
* General improvements to smo usability.
* "Continue holding start to quit" message during gameplay now requires the start button to be held for 0.2s before displaying.
* Improved the logic the musicselect screen uses to grab a "display score". May add theme preferences in the future to force certain sorting methods (probably not).
* Function that attempts to get simfile author will now use the credits tag as first priority. If you want to ensure your files are searchable, start using it.
* Target tracker goal can now be controlled via player options.
* Target tracker goal is now displayed in parenthesis after the differential for clarity.

**Fixes**

* Secondary editor crashing issue has been resolved.
* Fixed improper reference to playerinfo in smo music select screen.
* Invalid scores will no longer be selected for display scores at music select.
Old 12-19-2016, 01:31 AM   #191
youngjii
FFR Player

Is frameskipping still something that's in the game? If so you should set the .ini to disable it by default.
youngjii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 02:13 AM   #192
meno_rocks123
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to meno_rocks123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
Mina I found a bug for you. Tried playing Monkey Business (yolo2) and it kicks the sync off by a measure during the intro. Figured out it's because of a weird bpm acceleration in the song, but not sure how it's causing a sync issue. 10/10 reproduction rate.

I tested a few songs with stops and confirmed that stops do not cause the issue.

Will update if I find any other songs that have the same issue.
meno_rocks123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 03:30 AM   #193
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by meno_rocks123 View Post
Mina I found a bug for you. Tried playing Monkey Business (yolo2) and it kicks the sync off by a measure during the intro. Figured out it's because of a weird bpm acceleration in the song, but not sure how it's causing a sync issue. 10/10 reproduction rate.

I tested a few songs with stops and confirmed that stops do not cause the issue.

Will update if I find any other songs that have the same issue.
ok so the root cause is due to the fact that cal used subbeats to place a 192nd note over a fairly large length of time, which produces the following bpms 20.000=2.222, 20.021=313.324,

the need for resolution on the order of 0.2% of a beat wasn't something we counted on when making some efficiency edits

i doubt you'll find another occurrence of this so it's not worth looking for

also i fixed it in like 2 minutes
Old 12-19-2016, 06:06 AM   #194
Gruzzly_Bear
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
would it be possible to add a feature where you can play a certain part of the song, not the whole song? i think theres something similar in the editor but it would be pretty nice to have it integrated into the main selectmusic screen
everyone has a different idea of what division 8 is and where the cutoffs are and what constitutes them and then people just pull numbers out of their ass and try to compare those numbers to other people pulling numbers out of their ass based on totally different metrics and then you just a self propelled self reinforcing shitfest of mass confusion so deep that people don't even realize they're confused
Gruzzly_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 06:22 AM   #195
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

you can do that both in the editor and in practice mode

i've never used practice mode so i don't know how good or shit it is or isn't

it's probably not too hard to do some sort of isolation stuff like ffr has, i can do it eventually, but you've managed set a new lowest priority feature for development

Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 12-19-2016 at 06:23 AM..
Old 12-19-2016, 10:30 AM   #196
TyroneSama
FFR Player

Things honestly seem pretty complete from my end. The only thing I could think to add is a way of adjusting receptor position in-game.
TyroneSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 12:49 PM   #197
Nick012
FFR Player

I think i found a bug(Not sure if this is only happening on my end):
If i try to play online and i have only 1 profile, then I won't get a chance to pick a profile and I'll have to play in the machine/default profile(I first realized the issue because i had to change my options every single time i went online). Adding another profile fixes it and allows me to pick a profile but I don't think it's intended to work like that.

It'd also be nice to have a separate Evaluation Screen for when you're playing online(ScreenNetEvaluation or something) because you need to display other players scores(the ones you go through by pressing left/right). On that topic, Till Death's evaluation screen doesnt update to other people's results when you move through users when online. This can be "fixed" by editing some metrics values in ScreenEvaluation and adding another set of results(marvs/perfs/etc) somewhere in the screen which updates.

I think the tracker uses the default scoretype picked in the theme options. It'd be nice to be able to choose it in the ingame options separately from the default scoretype(Say, use Wife but still have the tracker work with regular DP).I think the "Progress Bar Location" option in Theme Options doesn't work for me(It's always on top). It'd also be nice to have an option to have it display total time and elapsed time on top of the progress bar.I'm loving both the theme and the SM build, it's quite an amazing work you've done!

Last edited by Nick012; 12-19-2016 at 12:50 PM..
Nick012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 03:16 PM   #198
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyroneSama View Post
Things honestly seem pretty complete from my end. The only thing I could think to add is a way of adjusting receptor position in-game.
i can do this, and you also reminded me that i wanted to hand over notefield x scale to player config, in-game or not, as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick012 View Post
I think i found a bug(Not sure if this is only happening on my end):
If i try to play online and i have only 1 profile, then I won't get a chance to pick a profile and I'll have to play in the machine/default profile(I first realized the issue because i had to change my options every single time i went online). Adding another profile fixes it and allows me to pick a profile but I don't think it's intended to work like that.

It'd also be nice to have a separate Evaluation Screen for when you're playing online(ScreenNetEvaluation or something) because you need to display other players scores(the ones you go through by pressing left/right). On that topic, Till Death's evaluation screen doesnt update to other people's results when you move through users when online. This can be "fixed" by editing some metrics values in ScreenEvaluation and adding another set of results(marvs/perfs/etc) somewhere in the screen which updates.

I think the tracker uses the default scoretype picked in the theme options. It'd be nice to be able to choose it in the ingame options separately from the default scoretype(Say, use Wife but still have the tracker work with regular DP).I think the "Progress Bar Location" option in Theme Options doesn't work for me(It's always on top). It'd also be nice to have an option to have it display total time and elapsed time on top of the progress bar.I'm loving both the theme and the SM build, it's quite an amazing work you've done!

Afaik if you only have one profile, profile select gets skipped and that profile automatically gets selected, you should never end up on the machine profile during netplay. The default profile is just a pre-made profile like any other one you can make, you should be able to rename it (or dont) and have your settings saved, if not, then yes, there's a bug.

netplay is pretty low on the priority list but i can look at updating the eval screen

The scoretracker is hardcoded to wife in the new versions and will stay that way. DP will eventually (not yet) be phased out of the build. The calculator is based on wife scoring, the player ratings are based on the calculator. Other future planned implementations operate on the assumption that wife scoring is being considered. If you want to use dp/migs/exoni/pump trackers you can either script it back with lua or use something else. It is detrimental for the project to support antiquated scoring systems in the long term.

progress bar stuff i can fix
Old 12-19-2016, 04:56 PM   #199
Nick012
FFR Player

I'm pretty sure what i mentioend regarding profiles is a bug that only happens when you go online. Scores don't save to your profile and your options are the default ones every time you go online if you have only 1 profile.
Nick012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 05:06 PM   #200
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

yeah im looking into it now, my dev install has always had multiple profiles for testing so it slipped by me