Old 04-2-2018, 01:03 AM   #41
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 25
Posts: 331
Default Re: TWG Turbo XXII - Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
this is not my opinion, its a fact of twg.
it is an """""""opinion""""""" but its considered to be the proper play mechanically by just about anyone (perhaps I am being a little persnickety here tho)

people who do theory stuff will say that "there is no such thing as an optimal play" but that this is about as close to one as it gets

@flashflash, lets go to the world where you're real and raeko is fake. You have a red check on raeko, and no other red checks. The other checks do not matter. You should always vote for no one other than raeko that day and you should spend every waking moment you have in the thread trying to convince people that they should vote for raeko.

Why?

Because in this setup, the seer checks are true. You have mechanical information that cannot be false that says that raeko is a wolf. Even if all of your other greenchecks are dead and even if someone else says "lynch me I am a wolf" 100x in a row, you should vote for raeko and attempt to convince everyone else that they should do the same.

Based on the information you have, you essentially KNOW that raeko is a wolf. The idiot spamming "lynch me I am a wolf" is "only" a wolf 999 times out of 1,000. Raeko is a wolf, from your perspective, 1000 times out of 1000 (discounting mod errors of course).

Does this make sense?
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
FUN FACT #3
Disregarding Season 1 (because communities were able to send more than one player back then), here is a ranking of community performances in the Mafia Championship:
+3 finale appearances
Flash Flash Revolution (4 finale spots with 1 sub + 1 wildcard spot)
Dark Lord Potter (3 finale spots + 2 wildcards with 1 sub)
MafiaManiac (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
Super Mafia All Stars (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
GameFAQs (3 finale spots)
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2018, 01:07 AM   #42
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 25
Posts: 331
Default Re: TWG Turbo XXII - Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Mechanics trump everything, bro, I keep telling you this.
this is what I said but way shorter.

mechanics are greater than reads, period.

even though other people have a different perspective than you, if you claim to have mechanical info, they basically have to account for that and allow it to alter their perspective or they're straight out playing the game, and I mean whatever word is slightly less strong than this because I don't really have a good one, "incorrectly."

if you are a role, or are claiming to be, people will understand this and will factor the new information into their decision.

a red check is a lynch I will take 1,000 times out of 1,000 over someone I am so convinced is a wolf that I would be willing to put money on it, no matter how sure I am.
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
FUN FACT #3
Disregarding Season 1 (because communities were able to send more than one player back then), here is a ranking of community performances in the Mafia Championship:
+3 finale appearances
Flash Flash Revolution (4 finale spots with 1 sub + 1 wildcard spot)
Dark Lord Potter (3 finale spots + 2 wildcards with 1 sub)
MafiaManiac (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
Super Mafia All Stars (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
GameFAQs (3 finale spots)
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2018, 01:08 AM   #43
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 25
Posts: 331
Default Re: TWG Turbo XXII - Postgame

obviously, if you're fake in the scenario from 2 posts ago of mine, its still the same, just in the premise you're repping as the seer instead of actually being the seer, but the two should be played as similarly as possible rwt what checks you have and have claimed otherwise it is likely that you will be seen through
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
FUN FACT #3
Disregarding Season 1 (because communities were able to send more than one player back then), here is a ranking of community performances in the Mafia Championship:
+3 finale appearances
Flash Flash Revolution (4 finale spots with 1 sub + 1 wildcard spot)
Dark Lord Potter (3 finale spots + 2 wildcards with 1 sub)
MafiaManiac (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
Super Mafia All Stars (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
GameFAQs (3 finale spots)
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2018, 01:08 AM   #44
flashflash account
FFR Player
 
flashflash account's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: On a mountain in a desert
Posts: 462
Default Re: TWG Turbo XXII - Postgame

it makes sense up to the point where I need to convince everyone they vote for raeko
in a theoretical world where I'm vanilla town I'd rather vote for haku because it gives me more time to examine the thunderdome
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
Iíve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
flashflash account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2018, 01:13 AM   #45
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Charu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 29
Posts: 6,985
Default Re: TWG Turbo XXII - Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
it makes sense up to the point where I need to convince everyone they vote for raeko
in a theoretical world where I'm vanilla town I'd rather vote for haku because it gives me more time to examine the thunderdome
...No, as soon as I saw mellon red check you and you red check mellon.

Instantly I didn't ever wink an eye at Haku in terms of voting.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2018, 01:13 AM   #46
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Charu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 29
Posts: 6,985
Default Re: TWG Turbo XXII - Postgame

thesunfan explained it nice and easy.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2018, 01:18 AM   #47
FreezinIce
FFR Player
 
FreezinIce's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Don't forget 3.oct.11
Posts: 179
Default Re: TWG Turbo XXII - Postgame

that should be put in a wiki somewhere on optimal twg play

gj sunfan
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Piece of shit is what you are


Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
I find it mega sketch when someone focuses on themselves. Looks like they're on defense instead of offense mode
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED


FreezinIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2018, 01:20 AM   #48
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 25
Posts: 331
Default Re: TWG Turbo XXII - Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
it makes sense up to the point where I need to convince everyone they vote for raeko
in a theoretical world where I'm vanilla town I'd rather vote for haku because it gives me more time to examine the thunderdome
then if you're examing the thunderdome you might as well not vote at all
that gives you equal time

a vote for haku there is virtually useless
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
FUN FACT #3
Disregarding Season 1 (because communities were able to send more than one player back then), here is a ranking of community performances in the Mafia Championship:
+3 finale appearances
Flash Flash Revolution (4 finale spots with 1 sub + 1 wildcard spot)
Dark Lord Potter (3 finale spots + 2 wildcards with 1 sub)
MafiaManiac (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
Super Mafia All Stars (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
GameFAQs (3 finale spots)
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2018, 01:24 AM   #49
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 25
Posts: 331
Default Re: TWG Turbo XXII - Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
that should be put in a wiki somewhere on optimal twg play

gj sunfan
I've been thinking about making videos about twg but I prolly never will.

I think there are certainly people who can explain mechanics from a logical perspective better than I can
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
FUN FACT #3
Disregarding Season 1 (because communities were able to send more than one player back then), here is a ranking of community performances in the Mafia Championship:
+3 finale appearances
Flash Flash Revolution (4 finale spots with 1 sub + 1 wildcard spot)
Dark Lord Potter (3 finale spots + 2 wildcards with 1 sub)
MafiaManiac (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
Super Mafia All Stars (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
GameFAQs (3 finale spots)
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2018, 08:13 AM   #50
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
Charu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 29
Posts: 6,985
Default Re: TWG Turbo XXII - Postgame

If you have a soothing voice, use a bunch of graphic, and throw in a skit or two explaining the play in however way you like (purely informational or make this comical). You'd be guuchi my duuuuuude.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2018, 10:37 AM   #51
Anti-Pearl
FFR Player
 
Anti-Pearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Age: 19
Posts: 1
Default Re: TWG Turbo XXII - Postgame

Good game everyone!
Anti-Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2018, 02:30 PM   #52
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 25
Posts: 331
Default Re: TWG Turbo XXII - Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
If you have a soothing voice, use a bunch of graphic, and throw in a skit or two explaining the play in however way you like (purely informational or make this comical). You'd be guuchi my duuuuuude.
i'd use notepad and fuckin paint and I don't think many people find my voice enjoyable

sounds like I hit all three
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
FUN FACT #3
Disregarding Season 1 (because communities were able to send more than one player back then), here is a ranking of community performances in the Mafia Championship:
+3 finale appearances
Flash Flash Revolution (4 finale spots with 1 sub + 1 wildcard spot)
Dark Lord Potter (3 finale spots + 2 wildcards with 1 sub)
MafiaManiac (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
Super Mafia All Stars (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
GameFAQs (3 finale spots)
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2018, 03:05 PM   #53
inDheart
gradually receded
FFR Simfile Author
 
inDheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 461
Default Re: TWG Turbo XXII - Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti-Pearl View Post
Good game everyone!
hey, thanks for playing! hope it wasn't too terrible here

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
i'd use notepad and fuckin paint and I don't think many people find my voice enjoyable

sounds like I hit all three
i recorded a video once with commentary and listened back to it and went "oh god"

i sound way more phlegmy to the ears than i do just in my own head. i used to do broadcasting in high school too so that makes me feel for what i was inflicting on people back then
inDheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2018, 06:26 PM   #54
FreezinIce
FFR Player
 
FreezinIce's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Don't forget 3.oct.11
Posts: 179
Default Re: TWG Turbo XXII - Postgame

Time to order a D-People-E-O.

Does this actually exist
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Piece of shit is what you are


Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
I find it mega sketch when someone focuses on themselves. Looks like they're on defense instead of offense mode
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED


FreezinIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2018, 06:46 PM   #55
inDheart
gradually receded
FFR Simfile Author
 
inDheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 461
Default Re: TWG Turbo XXII - Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
Time to order a D-People-E-O.

Does this actually exist
this is essentially what you'd be buying:
inDheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2018, 09:42 PM   #56
flashflash account
FFR Player
 
flashflash account's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: On a mountain in a desert
Posts: 462
Default Re: TWG Turbo XXII - Postgame

so whens the next game
and did I send my game to CK
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
Iíve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
flashflash account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-4-2018, 05:25 PM   #57
HansSky
FFR Player
 
HansSky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: ---->
Age: 31
Posts: 1,926
Send a message via AIM to HansSky
Default Re: TWG Turbo XXII - Postgame

can I play
__________________
hi
HansSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-4-2018, 07:16 PM   #58
the sun fan
FFR Player
 
the sun fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Age: 25
Posts: 331
Default Re: TWG Turbo XXII - Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansSky View Post
can I play
only if u got to diamond
EDIT: ok ok fine plat
__________________
TWG Stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
FUN FACT #3
Disregarding Season 1 (because communities were able to send more than one player back then), here is a ranking of community performances in the Mafia Championship:
+3 finale appearances
Flash Flash Revolution (4 finale spots with 1 sub + 1 wildcard spot)
Dark Lord Potter (3 finale spots + 2 wildcards with 1 sub)
MafiaManiac (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
Super Mafia All Stars (3 finale spots + 1 wildcard spot)
GameFAQs (3 finale spots)

Last edited by the sun fan; 04-4-2018 at 07:17 PM..
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-6-2018, 01:16 PM   #59
flashflash account
FFR Player
 
flashflash account's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: On a mountain in a desert
Posts: 462
Default Re: TWG Turbo XXII - Postgame

so whens the next game
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
Iíve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
flashflash account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-6-2018, 04:00 PM   #60
FreezinIce
FFR Player
 
FreezinIce's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Don't forget 3.oct.11
Posts: 179
Default Re: TWG Turbo XXII - Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
so whens the next game
^^^
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Piece of shit is what you are


Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
I find it mega sketch when someone focuses on themselves. Looks like they're on defense instead of offense mode
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED


FreezinIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution